Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 59 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
mirocu
post Aug 11 2018, 02:46 PM
Post #1121

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Today Dad and I started a small project. We're going to put a sheet of metal up over the chimney so it doesn't rain/snow in. Not that it's a big problem but hey, why not make it better? smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 11 2018, 03:58 PM
Post #1122

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 11 2018, 09:46 AM) *

Today Dad and I started a small project. We're going to put a sheet of metal up over the chimney so it doesn't rain/snow in. Not that it's a big problem but hey, why not make it better? smile.gif

Then you can put a large mesh screen below that to keep birds and squirrels from getting into the chimney or building nests (but still letting the smoke escape)?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/shopping...Xw&usqp=CAE

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 11 2018, 04:01 PM
Post #1123

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 11 2018, 04:58 PM) *

Then you can put a large mesh screen below that to keep birds and squirrels from getting into the chimney or building nests (but still letting the smoke escape)?

Hey, if you want to climb down our chimney, I'm not gonna stop you tongue.gif tongue.gif

I don't think we're gonna put that up. It's a good idea regarding animals but then we'll have to remove it each time the sweeper man comes.

This post has been edited by mirocu: Aug 11 2018, 04:25 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 11 2018, 04:17 PM
Post #1124

Master
Group Icon

Our chimney sweep came this past winter and climbed up on a meter and a half of snow that our ladder was perched upon.... because we couldn't get it to ground level. Because of the snow.

I told him this year we're leaving the ladder down like good people so the snow doesn't affect it.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 11 2018, 04:44 PM
Post #1125

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sakiri @ Aug 11 2018, 10:17 AM) *

Our chimney sweep came this past winter and climbed up on a meter and a half of snow that our ladder was perched upon.... because we couldn't get it to ground level. Because of the snow.

I told him this year we're leaving the ladder down like good people so the snow doesn't affect it.

Here’s a better idea. Lay the ladder down so it’s buried under the snow and then tell the sweep to get creative!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Aug 11 2018, 04:44 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 11 2018, 07:45 PM
Post #1126

Master
Group Icon

Been working on my next Transport Fever Scenic Excursion episode most of the day. Everything is filmed. Individual clips have been spliced together. Transitions are in place. Opening text is done, barring typos. Am now rendering a test video to make sure nothing's amiss before tackling the main body of text. I've days to mess with it before uploading, assuming I keep with my once-per week loose schedule.

Oh yeah, this episode showcases an Oil Well Complex to Refinery train route.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 11 2018, 11:14 PM
Post #1127

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 11 2018, 11:01 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 11 2018, 04:58 PM) *

Hey, if you want to climb down our chimney, I'm not gonna stop you tongue.gif tongue.gif

I don't think we're gonna put that up. It's a good idea regarding animals but then we'll have to remove it each time the sweeper man comes.

WOO HOO! Here I come!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 12 2018, 02:44 PM
Post #1128

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Metal sheet is up. Good timing too because a while afterwards it started to rain smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Aug 12 2018, 03:27 PM
Post #1129

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 12 2018, 08:44 AM) *

Metal sheet is up. Good timing too because a while afterwards it started to rain smile.gif

METAL! SHEET! \m/

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Aug 13 2018, 08:11 PM
Post #1130

Master
Group Icon

Lol khajiit.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 13 2018, 08:50 PM
Post #1131

Master
Group Icon

Other than a grocery run, I produced what might be my unload video for TpF Scenic Excursions ep10. As with ep9 I added a good many third-person clips in addition to the first-person ride-along segment, for variety and to partly compensate for sometimes excessive YouTube compression degradation during the ride-along itself.

Returned home from errands to an electrical outage. Power was restored circa 1430.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 15 2018, 09:40 AM
Post #1132

Master
Group Icon

Uploaded ep10 of my TpF Scenic Excursions & Ride-Alongs series, Crude for the Refinery., overnight. It's now processed and available to view:

As the title states, our train delivers Crude from an Oil Well Complex near Sittingbourne to Eastleigh Refinery. As always YT compression degradation somewhat blurs the first-person ride-along segment. Third-person segments are acceptably focused. If you too default to 720pm (or less) switch to 1080p.

Onionjack's Volvo LV66 asset mod was published as I detailed the Wells Complex. I think I put it to good use there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Aug 16 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #1133

Mouth
Group Icon

Finally started my blog! If anyone wants to read what I have so far, message me about it.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 18 2018, 03:05 PM
Post #1134

Master
Group Icon

At the very end of today's walk, with no more than maybe 15ft to go, a neighbor lady began talking to me. She was fairly close, but with my hearing that didn't matter. Being I was so near the end I stopped where I was, moved closer and asked her to repeat. She said she was going to light their burn-pile later in the day and I was welcome to add my cut limbs to it.

My original thought was to wait a few hours for grass to dry. Then I remembered I wanted to removed masses of weeds and trim shrubs fronting my front porch. Decided to do so while still reasonably cool, then carry everything to the pile.

Took far longer than anticipated. Spent around an hour forty-five cutting and carrying. Gave out with a smallish amount left to go, but knew I'd passed my physical limit. Barely had strength to carry those last four armloads of cuttings to the pile, despite a short break before tackling them. Need to tidy up but that'll wait for another day.

Had a long drink of water and showered right after returning indoors. Hope not to budge from the house for the rest of the day except to check mail.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Aug 21 2018, 08:44 AM
Post #1135

Master
Group Icon

Stripped my mattress of all but the 2" gel-foam topper bought soon after the former's purchase. Surprisingly I now find it more tolerable than any combo of toppers in my possession. Not tolerable enough to abandon the sofa except during my brother's overnight visits. Neck still bothers me some days after sleeping in bed. Rather it bothers me more after sleeping in bed.

Am seriously mulling over buying yet another topper hoping against hope I'll luck out and be able to sleep comfortably in bed. You know what they say...insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results. But what can ya do? Can't afford a super high quality mattress replacement, which itself is no guaranty success. At any rate, the topper I'm looking at is 3" latex and gets top ratings from a variety of sources.

Transport Fever wise, this will likely be the first week with no new Scenic Ride-Along episode since the series launched. I've no more train routes with sufficient scenic detailing to "film." There's one route I can film for about half its length before scenery comes to an abrupt end. Made a few test captures along that route but except for one quite nice area bordering Dunwich found the ride rather lackluster. What I need to do is get off my duff and improve more routes to the point they're worth adding scenery to. Boy does that open a can of worms!

Circa 0735 addendum:
Remind me not to walk this time of day. Got caught in with kids walking to their school-bus stops, cars parked at roadside by parents seeing their kids safety aboard buses, the arrival of those buses and departure of parked parents. Too many chances for things to go amiss.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Aug 21 2018, 01:41 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 21 2018, 03:31 PM
Post #1136

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Aug 21 2018, 03:44 AM) *

Stripped my mattress of all but the 2" gel-foam topper bought soon after the former's purchase. Surprisingly I now find it more tolerable than any combo of toppers in my possession. Not tolerable enough to abandon the sofa except during my brother's overnight visits. Neck still bothers me some days after sleeping in bed. Rather it bothers me more after sleeping in bed.

Am seriously mulling over buying yet another topper hoping against hope I'll luck out and be able to sleep comfortably in bed. You know what they say...insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results. But what can ya do? Can't afford a super high quality mattress replacement, which itself is no guaranty success. At any rate, the topper I'm looking at is 3" latex and gets top ratings from a variety of sources.

Transport Fever wise, this will likely be the first week with no new Scenic Ride-Along episode since the series launched. I've no more train routes with sufficient scenic detailing to "film." There's one route I can film for about half its length before scenery comes to an abrupt end. Made a few test captures along that route but except for one quite nice area bordering Dunwich found the ride rather lackluster. What I need to do is get off my duff and improve more routes to the point they're worth adding scenery to. Boy does that open a can of worms!

Circa 0735 addendum:
Remind me not to walk this time of day. Got caught in with kids walking to their school-bus stops, cars parked at roadside by parents seeing their kids safety aboard buses, the arrival of those buses and departure of parked parents. Too many chances for things to go amiss.

You should add the 2" mattress topper to the couch and sleep on it instead of the bed! I used to have a goose-down feather stuffed couch that was more comfortable to sleep on then any bed I ever had. During my pregnancy for my youngest son = it was the only place I could sleep comfortably. When that couch broke in a move I kept all the cushions for it, but it was never the same with just the cushions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Aug 21 2018, 04:45 PM
Post #1137

Senor Snore
Group Icon

My new playground panic.gif

IPB Image

Came today on a pallet. The entire delivery was 555 kilograms. And I had to carry all of it upstairs. And then assemble it. But it's done, and now I can sport.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 21 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #1138

Paladin
Group Icon

Wowser, that looks. . . what's that mALX word? Oh yes, AWESOME! goodjob.gif tongue.gif

Looks very functional and still a pleasant room to be in.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 21 2018, 06:43 PM
Post #1139

Ancient
Group Icon

Woo Hoo! Once you carried all that up the stairs, you won't need to use it anymore because your muscles will be pumped, laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 22 2018, 03:26 PM
Post #1140

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Oh, dear. That room looks exhausting tongue.gif rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 59 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:10 PM