131 Pages V « < 84 85 86 87 88 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guild Discussion
ghastley
post Aug 31 2019, 10:46 PM
Post #1701

Councilor
Group Icon

I have a Precursor at Hunding's, my primary residence. I was also thinking of moving the 6m dummy from Mournoth to there.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 31 2019, 11:24 PM
Post #1702

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2019, 12:35 PM) *

Running into a bit of a problem at the guild hall with the target dummies. Buffy just likes doing a quick snapshot of her dps using the talking little Precursor. She realizes it pretty much eliminates sustain challenge but it gives her a quick way to keep tabs or compare minor changes and only takes 15 sec or so.

The problem this morning was that her AoE was triggering the nearby super atronach dummy which pulled her summon off the disired target and gave Buffy a bunch of unwanted buffs that skew her results.

I think the answer is to simply increase the distance between the precursor and the big atronach dummy. MALX, would you consider this please? smile.gif

BwaaHaa!! I was having fun playing with the big dummy and having it aggro the Precursor, lol.

Yes, I will def move it for you; it will be tomorrow though = can't get to it tonight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Aug 31 2019, 11:45 PM
Post #1703

Paladin
Group Icon

Thank you, mALX!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 1 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #1704

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 30 2019, 03:02 AM) *

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Aug 19 2019, 07:40 PM) *

*snip*
As for the tabard, I wish I had thought of that when I bought it. But oh well, it was only 2,000 gold.
*snip*

Pull that 2,000 gold from the Guild Bank, Chorrolite members don't have to pay for their Tabards, more than enough to cover all our members was deposited in the Guild Bank to cover all of us the day we started the Guild.

(and anyone else that paid for theirs, please reimburse yourselves the 2,000) smile.gif

Normal means NO using any Traits, and NO improving the piece when you make it. (The material you use for Writs is whatever the right material is for the level the Writ says to make; and keep your eye on that level).

QUOTE(ghastley @ Aug 30 2019, 07:52 AM) *

The equipment writs can be very confusing, because the material name does not always match the result. For example, you may get asked to make brigandine, which requires one of the grades of leather, probably €œfull€, no "Topgrain". Leather and hide can be particularly confusing, as there are grades of hide, and grades of leather. As mALX noted, Normal means without any trait, etc. and you are not asked to improve or enchant anything.

Edit: I note that my iPad "corrected" brigandine to brigantine, so I corrected it back. It's armour, not a boat.

For some reason, I was under the impression that I HAD to make equipment with a trait. I don't know why I thought that, but I could've sworn that I was stopped from doing so. I must have gotten that confused with the motif requirement. In hindsight, it's rather obvious...

@mALX - Thanks. I'll take the 2,000 gold out next time, if I remember to do so.

Also, I bought the small house right next to Hallin's Stand (Twin Sisters, was it?). Can't really explain it, but I just liked the look and feel. It's also a fairly convenient location. But I really need help furnishing it. I occasionally get decorative stuff, but what I really need is beds, nightstands, tables, etc. Haven't found any through home goods furnishers, so I've also been picking up related crafting materials. Is anybody else able to help me on that? I think I can craft the stuff myself, but I need more materials like heartwood and honing stones and such. I'll just buy the racial motif stuff since those are really cheap.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Sep 1 2019, 10:13 PM

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 1 2019, 10:45 PM
Post #1705

Paladin
Group Icon

Make sure and look through the guild bank - there is quite a bit of furnishings in there and some may of some help. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 1 2019, 11:46 PM
Post #1706

Councilor
Group Icon

I've been dumping duplicate furnishing plans there, so there may be quite a bit of Redguard stuff. However, the more interesting items are rarer, and I've had to buy the plans to make them. If you want to visit a Twin Arches or two that are furnished, I can arrange that, next time we're both in game. If there are things you like, but can't make, I can turn your materials into an item at no cost.

Do you have Discord? Then we can talk via voice, as well as the in-game guild chat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 2 2019, 09:15 AM
Post #1707

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Aug 31 2019, 06:45 PM) *

Thank you, mALX!

Don't thank me yet, I didn't get to it today (didn't have time). I'll get it tomorrow (but don't be afraid to remind me, lol).

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 2 2019, 09:36 AM
Post #1708

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 1 2019, 05:45 PM) *

Make sure and look through the guild bank - there is quite a bit of furnishings in there and some may of some help. smile.gif

PLEASE grab as many recipes/furniture crafting plans from the Guild Bank as you can use = anyone who needs any! I tried to stick a hundred more in there today; and couldn't!

Also, the Guild Bank has furniture in it; if you can use it = take it! It has been there a long time; it will be good to see someone using it!

Oh, and I've got a bunch of furniture I was going to sell to a vendor - let me get it pulled out so you can go through it; and if you want anything in there you can just have it; I'd love it if someone could/would use it!

Also: I can make you furniture if you see what you want anywhere = get the name of whatever you want and tell me the name of it. I will do most furnishings for free; with the possible exception of furniture items that have the name "Alinor" or "Elsweyr" because they use very rare/expensive stones to make.

Also = Rader, are you the one who made that AWESOME healing potion in the Guild Bank? HOLY COW!!!! That is the best healing pot I've ever seen!!!! It is amazing !!!!! I missed seeing how long it lasted; but if it lasts any amount of time at all, would love to know that recipe!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 2 2019, 03:14 PM
Post #1709

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 1 2019, 05:45 PM) *

Come to think of it, I only gave it a cursory look before, so I will definitely look harder at it.

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 1 2019, 06:46 PM) *

I've been dumping duplicate furnishing plans there, so there may be quite a bit of Redguard stuff. However, the more interesting items are rarer, and I've had to buy the plans to make them. If you want to visit a Twin Arches or two that are furnished, I can arrange that, next time we're both in game. If there are things you like, but can't make, I can turn your materials into an item at no cost.

Do you have Discord? Then we can talk via voice, as well as the in-game guild chat.

Much appreciated. I might take you up on that offer later. Yeah, I do have Discord and the Chorrol group is the only one I am a part of. Haven't used Discord in a long time, though.

Speaking of Discord, that is how you all are communicating during guild meetings now, right? How exactly do you get it working side-by-side with the game, accessing the overlay when necessary, etc.? I have never used something like that in a game before, so I want to make sure I do it properly.

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 2 2019, 04:36 AM) *

PLEASE grab as many recipes/furniture crafting plans from the Guild Bank as you can use = anyone who needs any! I tried to stick a hundred more in there today; and couldn't!

Also, the Guild Bank has furniture in it; if you can use it = take it! It has been there a long time; it will be good to see someone using it!

Oh, and I've got a bunch of furniture I was going to sell to a vendor - let me get it pulled out so you can go through it; and if you want anything in there you can just have it; I'd love it if someone could/would use it!

Also: I can make you furniture if you see what you want anywhere = get the name of whatever you want and tell me the name of it. I will do most furnishings for free; with the possible exception of furniture items that have the name "Alinor" or "Elsweyr" because they use very rare/expensive stones to make.

Also = Rader, are you the one who made that AWESOME healing potion in the Guild Bank? HOLY COW!!!! That is the best healing pot I've ever seen!!!! It is amazing !!!!! I missed seeing how long it lasted; but if it lasts any amount of time at all, would love to know that recipe!

Yep, all those potions were made by yours truly. I was actually able to make a potion before that restored health, magicka, AND stamina, but I haven't figured out exactly how I did it. I'll have to play around with reagents somewhere. Just messing around has come up with a bunch of potions that have multiple (and otherwise disparate) boosts.

But for health at least, you'll need Lorkhan's Tears (Proficiency 8, the highest level for Alchemy) and stuff that Restores Health like Columbine, Water Hyacinth, and Mountain Flower (which has the Restore property for Health, Magicka, and Stamina). You'll need to take the perk that lets you mix 3 reagents as well to make those multi-effect potions.

And thank you on the furnishings.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 2 2019, 05:37 PM
Post #1710

Paladin
Group Icon

Regarding Discord, I see that you are already part of the chorrol discord channel. During guild meets, I'm up in the General Voice channel and usually meet mALX there so I can ease her challenges of reading the chatbox by telling her what's going on in voice - makes it much easier for her to keep with us and follow things. We've had ghastley, Gosse and even Grits up that channel also and it does make communicating easier/faster.

The key is to be aware of who is up in voice and who is not or cannot use it and make sure to use text chat for them. Rider, for example, has hearing problems so the voice part of discord is a no go for her.

I don't think the 'overlay' stuff works - I've certainly never been able to use it or even seen a need for it. I just get set up in discord on voice, then stay in game. The only thing is you do need to be able to occasionally move from game to discord. I play in windows mode so that is easy but, if not, you can alt tab to minimize the game for a moment to tend to discord when/if needed.

Others here may be able to offer more/better info/advice since I really just know enough to get by. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 2 2019, 06:57 PM
Post #1711

Ancient
Group Icon

This link should "invite" you to the Discord:

Discord:

https://discord.gg/YksAuJg

The Overlay does not work in ESO; (but does work in other games; it is something about ESO that blocks it).

Without the Overlay just set up the Discord and make sure it is working before entering the game; then you won't need to go in and out of the game to fiddle with it.

(just use the control on your headset if you want to mute your mike while playing; no need to use the Discord Mute).

Instead of using the Overlay to take screenshots; just use your "Print Screen" key. The screens go to your "My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/Screenshots" folder.

Also: If you are going to type any messages to anyone while we are playing, don't do it in Discord = just use the Chat Box in the game and use the "Guild" Chat so it shows up (only) to all Chorrolites members; or if we group use the "Group" Chat.

Group Chat is /g

For Guild Chat, it will be /g plus whatever number Guild that Chorrolites is showing on your drop down list of Guilds you are a member of.

Example: /g1 or /g3 (etc).

I set up my Chorrolites Guild Chat so it is very noticeable in the Chat Box (hot pink, lol) - that way anytime someone types in it, it catches my attention even with the bad eyesight, lol.

* If you want to adjust the volume of voices you can do that while playing by temporarily putting your game in "Windowed" mode instead of Full=screen. (just right click on whoever's name is too loud and find "Adjust Volume" on the drop down list). When you are done; just set your game back into Full-screen mode.

(While in a safe place in game hit "Esc," go to "Settings," on the upper right of the drop down list there is the choice of windowed/windowed full/ or full screen" - just make sure you are not standing in a spawn point when you do it because the game is going to keep playing while you are out fiddling with the Discord, lol)

I would set the Discord up prior to the Guild Meet to make sure the mike and speakers are working right; have time to adjust whatever you need to so it is working well during the meet.

King Coin couldn't get his mike to work; but he was able to hear us with no problem so we could speak to him and he would answer in the Chat Box in game. If Haute can come; we have to use the Chat Box to talk to her; or like for stuff like saying "Hello" you can use your character's emotes to wave, bow, etc.

I can't see well enough to read the Chat Box without a magnifying glass and getting right up on the screen; so the voice works best for me. Acadian reads what he sees in the Chat Box to me so I don't miss out on what everyone is talking about.

Oh, also = if you haven't joined our Discord yet = let me know when you do so I can give you the highest level permissions.

The Discord works just like TeamSpeak = you can still hear your game playing through your headset; but you hear our voices through the headset too. It makes going through dungeons together SO much easier when you can discuss the dungeons or where to go next; etc.

This post has been edited by mALX: Sep 2 2019, 11:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 3 2019, 07:26 PM
Post #1712

Councilor
Group Icon

I took a look to see what's up at the Undaunted on Friday. Maj has Darkshade II, the perfect introduction for a new tank! Laurie was kicked from there, just for being one.

We also have Tempest Island from Glirion, which is a long way from anywhere on a slow mount.

World Bosses, anyone?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 3 2019, 09:22 PM
Post #1713

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's looking forward to this Friday's guild meeting.

DSII and Tempest are not on her normal circuit so she doesn't know much at all about either. If an easy pledge is desired, Maj offers Spindleclutch I the day before the meeting. If folks prefer that, we could all pick it up the day prior and save it. Buffy can solo that one but is willing to try the others if folks want and our numbers turn out to be adequate but not excessive for a pledge.

WBs are always a good choice and very flexible in terms of adjusting the challenge to our group size/composition based on which boss(es) we pick.

After the latest big patch full of changes, Buffy has changed her setup some. She no longer calls herself a healer since there are no longer any restoration staff skills she is satisfied slotting. In fact, she replaced her resto staff with a second destruction staff and now considers herself a dps who still packs quite a bit of group support. In addition to moderate dps, she now provides the following as group support: ranged interrupt, off balance, mag/stam regen support via shards, minor sorcery, a purge synergy and potent heal over time for those within 12m of her, minor magicka steal, major breach, a strong burst heal, and even (if necessary) a taunt. If anyone wants to run as healer, Buffy will happily focus more on dps/support.

So it sounds like ghastley's character and Buffy so far. Who else is planning on being there or believes they won't make it?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 4 2019, 05:02 PM
Post #1714

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh, in that case, Discord voice chat sounds pretty easy to set up. Yes, I am a part of the group on there. Since it has been a long time since I last logged in, I'll go back in today to make sure everything is in working order for me there.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, good ol' Cincy and I shall be at Friday's guild meeting as well. World Bosses are always a good idea to me, but I'm up for trying pledges as well. If we get the chance, I'm hoping we can do the one that I already have taken, but it's no big deal if not. The one in the north of Auridon, the name of which I have already forgotten.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Sep 4 2019, 05:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 4 2019, 05:32 PM
Post #1715

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Sep 4 2019, 12:02 PM) *

Barring any unforeseen circumstances, good ol' Cincy and I shall be at Friday's guild meeting as well. World Bosses are always a good idea to me, but I'm up for trying pledges as well. If we get the chance, I'm hoping we can do the one that I already have taken, but it's no big deal if not. The one in the north of Auridon, the name of which I have already forgotten.

That's probably Banished Cells, and you'd have to either complete or abandon it before Maj will give you another. If there are four or fewer of us, then doing that one, plus Friday's after might work.

How is Cincy's gear? SHould we plan on any outfitting, or does he have the sets he needs?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 4 2019, 05:59 PM
Post #1716

Paladin
Group Icon

Yup, Banished Cells 1 was given out by Maj yesterday. Buffy's very comfortable with that one and would be happy to help run through it on Friday if things work out that way with numbers and such.

Okay, looks like three of us so far. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 5 2019, 05:16 PM
Post #1717

Ancient
Group Icon

Pia or Misa will be there if someone reminds me right around the time, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 5 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #1718

Councilor
Group Icon

I'm not sure whether to bring a healer or a dps. Floozie is a conventional Templar healer build, but has no experience of healing a group. Do we want a n00b healer and a n00b tank at the same time?

Otherwise, I'll let Buffy heal, and bring Minx (NB dw, bow).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 5 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #1719

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds good so far. It is looking like we can help Rader do his Banished Cells 1 pledge. How about this for a line up?

Rader - tank
ghastley - new healer
Buffy - dps magsorc with strong offheal burst to help back up healer
mALX - Pia or Misa as a dps

If we have more than four, Buffy will happily give up her dungeon slot and rejoin after the pledge.

After the dungeon, we can still do a little something else like a delve, public dungeon or perhaps a couple WB if desired.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Sep 5 2019, 11:35 PM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Sep 5 2019, 10:43 PM
Post #1720

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 4 2019, 12:32 PM) *

That's probably Banished Cells, and you'd have to either complete or abandon it before Maj will give you another. If there are four or fewer of us, then doing that one, plus Friday's after might work.

How is Cincy's gear? SHould we plan on any outfitting, or does he have the sets he needs?

Yeah, that's the one. I think I am good to go, but I'll snap some shots of my gear and stats and abilities when I am on later tonight so you all can see for yourself. You all are much more savvy at determining how good the stats are for this kind of thing. I also have some Crown Fortifying Meals to help me out. For what's it worth, when I did go into the dungeon on my own, I was able to take down 2 mobs on my own before I just became overwhelmed. So I think with everyone else joining forces we can wreak havoc. And I am at a monumentally higher level than I was back then.

I can tell you off the top of my head that my spell resistance is much higher than my physical resistance, but they have both served me well. My spell resistance is much higher because I have most of the Storm Knight set that gave me just under 5000 spell resistance alone.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 5 2019, 02:16 PM) *

Sounds good so far. It is looking like we can help Rader do his Banished Cells 1 pledge. How about this for a line up?

Rader - tank
ghastley - new healer
Buffy - dps magsorc with strong offheal burst to help back up healer
mALX - Pia or Misa as a dps

If we have more than four, Buffy will happily give up her dungeon slot and rejoin after the pledge.

After the dungeon, we can still do a little something else like a delve, public dungeon or perhaps a couple WB if desired.

That sounds great to me! Thanks for the help. I am down for some World Bosses or dolmens as well. I do delves and public dungeons solo.

--------------------
+Quote Post

131 Pages V « < 84 85 86 87 88 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:48 AM