Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 71 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Dark Reaper
post Jan 15 2019, 07:09 PM
Post #1361

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 15 2019, 12:03 PM) *

In Japanese, you say?

Yep but there's diagrams that show what goes with what and to assemble it. Looks complicated but once you start putting it together it becomes a cakewalk...Mmmmm---cake. Only downside is you have to paint it BUT I found some paint pens at my local Hobby store that made painting this model toy fun happy.gif .

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Jan 15 2019, 07:10 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 15 2019, 10:36 PM
Post #1362

Ancient
Group Icon

Did someone say cake?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 19 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #1363

Master
Group Icon

Both recent projects of note involve the game Transport Fever.

First, I uploaded another TpF video to YouTube, this one a repeat of episode eleven's Epping - Kidderminster train ride, only with 'improved' scenery and no 'old film' filtering. A link to it can be found among yesterday's (17 Jan 2019) "What are you playing?" postings.

Second, I captured a number of video clips for use with an upcoming TpF YT episode. Combined them in my video editor and rendered out a first draft. To my horror, the resultant video was unusably pixalated. Checked my editor's 'export' settings and tried again. Same results. Removed everything I'd done, re-added raw footage and tried yet again. No difference. By now it was late in the day. I admitted defeat and went to bed.

After breakfast this morning I deleted all evidence of my video work project (except raw footage which is good quality) and started afresh. I'm happy to report that once all clips were in place and blended together, my test rendering turned out well. No pixalation whatsoever beyond for what has to be endured at 10k bit rate.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 19 2019, 12:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 20 2019, 12:02 AM
Post #1364

Master
Group Icon

Working title for an upcoming project of mine.
IPB Image

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 20 2019, 07:39 AM
Post #1365

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 18 2019, 06:36 PM) *

Both recent projects of note involve the game Transport Fever.

First, I uploaded another TpF video to YouTube, this one a repeat of episode eleven's Epping - Kidderminster train ride, only with 'improved' scenery and no 'old film' filtering. A link to it can be found among yesterday's (17 Jan 2019) "What are you playing?" postings.

Second, I captured a number of video clips for use with an upcoming TpF YT episode. Combined them in my video editor and rendered out a first draft. To my horror, the resultant video was unusably pixalated. Checked my editor's 'export' settings and tried again. Same results. Removed everything I'd done, re-added raw footage and tried yet again. No difference. By now it was late in the day. I admitted defeat and went to bed.

After breakfast this morning I deleted all evidence of my video work project (except raw footage which is good quality) and started afresh. I'm happy to report that once all clips were in place and blended together, my test rendering turned out well. No pixalation whatsoever beyond for what has to be endured at 10k bit rate.

Wow, I wonder what caused the pixelation issues? I had that happen only once = when I tried one of the "On Board" video processors that came with my new PC. It was enough to send me running back to FRAPS; and haven't had the problem since.

I'll have to work my way over to the "What are you Playing" thread and see the revised vid, sorry for all the trouble!

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 19 2019, 06:02 PM) *

IPB Image

Ooh, sounds interesting!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 20 2019, 01:12 PM
Post #1366

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 20 2019, 12:39 AM) *

I'll have to work my way over to the "What are you Playing" thread and see the revised vid, sorry for all the trouble!

It was no trouble. As I might have mentioned, I intended to produce and release this revised Epping-to-Kidderminster passenger ride to show off a rock cliff I built and general scenic improvements along the route made since the previous Epp-Kidd video aired. If anything, your comment spurred me to finish adding text commentary, which is all it lacked at the time.

New Project:
Last night I ordered and downloaded TurboTax off Amazon in preparation for preparing and filing Fed and State tax returns next month (Feb). First time I've not bought TurboTax as a physical copy. All went well. I got so far as launching the application, filling out personal info, and making a save before calling it quits until all needed tax documents arrive.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 20 2019, 02:02 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Jan 20 2019, 01:28 PM
Post #1367

Master
Group Icon

Yes, yes you should.

I passed 365 days on Duolingo myself. Still can't speak for crap. Or listen. Reading is .. okayish for my vocabulary level.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 20 2019, 02:19 PM
Post #1368

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jan 20 2019, 12:39 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Jan 19 2019, 06:02 PM) *

IPB Image

Ooh, sounds interesting!

Thanks happy.gif. I might delay getting a new gun the first as I need buy the necessary figures and new editing software.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jan 20 2019, 02:24 PM
Post #1369

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Why? You can't shoot bullets at watermelons with figures and software tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 20 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #1370

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jan 20 2019, 07:24 AM) *

Why? You can't shoot bullets at watermelons with figures and software tongue.gif

Or can I!

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 21 2019, 03:25 AM
Post #1371

Master
Group Icon

Mini Project:
After almost a year of threats, earlier this evening while attempting to print out TpF mod info my laser printer finally informed me it would print no more until I replaced its toner cartridge. I've had said cartridge on hand since those threats began, knowing this day would come. As little printing as I do, Laser Jet toner lasts me a LONG time. In consequence, I recalled nothing of the replacement process. Not that it mattered. The 'new' cartridge came with well crafted instructions. Had it not, I've my printer manual to fall back on. The old cartridge was out and the new one installed in no time at all. Printed out at info. All's well.

Good timing. Expect to be printing out tax returned early next month, then my brother's sometime March.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Jan 22 2019, 02:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 22 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #1372

Master
Group Icon

Ongoing Project: Transport Fever YouTube videos WIP
Last night I finished capturing supplemental video clips for an upcoming YT TpF video whose main clip was recorded some time ago. This morning I assembled all clips in their proper order with my Video Editor and added transitions. All that remains is text commentary, always the hardest part for me. This one is destined to be episode 14. Episode 15 is likewise recorded, assembled, and awaiting text. (It was to be episode 15, but I had a change of heart.)

Completed project: Grocery run
Not much to this one, except it was COLD outside. I intended to postpone the run until afternoon. Me being the morning person I am, to the limited extent I'm any sort of person any more, I got antsy around 0815 and made the run at my accustomed time, 0830ish. Took a while to scrape ice off the front windshield. In consequence, I began feeling rather crappy early evening. Feel somewhat better now, except for a nasty cough. This was one of my less costly food runs, totaling no more than circa $33US, including a "splurge" ham, turkey and cheddar sammich from Walmart's deli section.

Completed project: Stop gargling
Yesterday morning, just after breakfast, I administered my morning medicated inhaler treatment, gargled with water, moved to the bathroom, brushed, gargled with water, and gargled with mouthwash. The normal morning ritual. I like my mouthwash gargle to last at least 30s, but have been known to gargle up to two mins. Being Monday and errand day, after beginning the gargle I immediately shaved, shampooed and showered in preparation for my grocery run. Near shower's end I realized I was still gargling! I immediately spit it out in the tub. That's got to be a gargle record for me!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 26 2019, 11:54 AM
Post #1373

Master
Group Icon

Failed Project: Upload TpF YouTube episode

I intended to upload a Transport Fever video overnight. The upload file was finalized. I'd made a thumbnail and written out a description for cut-and-paste. The idea was that I'd start the upload then retire to bed for the night, in hope it would be close to done when I returned to the computer this morning. But...

I had a rough night the night before. Lots of neck pain and little sleep. In consequence come evening I was too out of it to want to mess with the upload...or anything else for that matter. I'll try again tonight, depending.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jan 27 2019, 02:11 PM
Post #1374

Master
Group Icon

Completed Project: Upload TpF YouTube episode

I began uploading my latest Transport Fever ride-along video just prior to retiring for the day yesterday evening. It is now processed and ready for view. A link is found in our "What are you playing" thread.

Otherwise, I've no significant projects until next month, when I tackle Tax Prep. I do need to continue work on another TpF YT episode. Footage is already shot. A rough splicing together of individual clips exists in my video editor. Just need to fine-tune those splicings and add text commentary. The latter is always my downfall. I'll spend days at it and never be satisfied with the results.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 27 2019, 06:26 PM
Post #1375

Master
Group Icon

Well---I got most of the characters ready to start filming, now I just need Point Dread Playset and a new video editing software to begin filming.

The Great Rebellion.

The Evil Horde.

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 29 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #1376

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 20 2019, 09:25 PM) *

Mini Project:
After almost a year of threats, earlier this evening while attempting to print out TpF mod info my laser printer finally informed me it would print no more until I replaced its toner cartridge. I've had said cartridge on hand since those threats began, knowing this day would come. As little printing as I do, Laser Jet toner lasts me a LONG time. In consequence, I recalled nothing of the replacement process. Not that it mattered. The 'new' cartridge came with well crafted instructions. Had it not, I've my printer manual to fall back on. The old cartridge was out and the new one installed in no time at all. Printed out at info. All's well.

Good timing. Expect to be printing out tax returned early next month, then my brother's sometime March.

The printer that I bought with my old PC used up a cartridge every time I printed anything; no matter how small the printing job = and the cartridges were expensive! I finally unhooked the printer and when I bought my new PC = never got a printer. I do wish I had a printer occasionally; but not enough to pay for any more cartridges for that darn HP that kept eating them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 29 2019, 05:06 PM
Post #1377

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 22 2019, 09:17 AM) *

Ongoing Project: Transport Fever YouTube videos WIP
Last night I finished capturing supplemental video clips for an upcoming YT TpF video whose main clip was recorded some time ago. This morning I assembled all clips in their proper order with my Video Editor and added transitions. All that remains is text commentary, always the hardest part for me. This one is destined to be episode 14. Episode 15 is likewise recorded, assembled, and awaiting text. (It was to be episode 15, but I had a change of heart.)

Completed project: Grocery run
Not much to this one, except it was COLD outside. I intended to postpone the run until afternoon. Me being the morning person I am, to the limited extent I'm any sort of person any more, I got antsy around 0815 and made the run at my accustomed time, 0830ish. Took a while to scrape ice off the front windshield. In consequence, I began feeling rather crappy early evening. Feel somewhat better now, except for a nasty cough. This was one of my less costly food runs, totaling no more than circa $33US, including a "splurge" ham, turkey and cheddar sammich from Walmart's deli section.

Completed project: Stop gargling
Yesterday morning, just after breakfast, I administered my morning medicated inhaler treatment, gargled with water, moved to the bathroom, brushed, gargled with water, and gargled with mouthwash. The normal morning ritual. I like my mouthwash gargle to last at least 30s, but have been known to gargle up to two mins. Being Monday and errand day, after beginning the gargle I immediately shaved, shampooed and showered in preparation for my grocery run. Near shower's end I realized I was still gargling! I immediately spit it out in the tub. That's got to be a gargle record for me!

laugh.gif Good time of year for an extended gargle with a good mouthwash like Listerine though. It will stave off some of these airborne flu germs you get exposed to when grocery shopping, etc. at this time of year.

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 26 2019, 05:54 AM) *

Failed Project: Upload TpF YouTube episode

I intended to upload a Transport Fever video overnight. The upload file was finalized. I'd made a thumbnail and written out a description for cut-and-paste. The idea was that I'd start the upload then retire to bed for the night, in hope it would be close to done when I returned to the computer this morning. But...

I had a rough night the night before. Lots of neck pain and little sleep. In consequence come evening I was too out of it to want to mess with the upload...or anything else for that matter. I'll try again tonight, depending.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about the pain. Is this still from that bed not letting you sleep comfortably?

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jan 27 2019, 08:11 AM) *

Completed Project: Upload TpF YouTube episode

I began uploading my latest Transport Fever ride-along video just prior to retiring for the day yesterday evening. It is now processed and ready for view. A link is found in our "What are you playing" thread.

Otherwise, I've no significant projects until next month, when I tackle Tax Prep. I do need to continue work on another TpF YT episode. Footage is already shot. A rough splicing together of individual clips exists in my video editor. Just need to fine-tune those splicings and add text commentary. The latter is always my downfall. I'll spend days at it and never be satisfied with the results.

Yeah, the splicing has to be a smooth transition = or were you referring to the text commentary? I loved your voiced commentary on your Oblivion vids; your humor in those was one of the greatest parts of the vids!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jan 29 2019, 05:07 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Jan 30 2019, 12:47 AM
Post #1378

Master
Group Icon

Had a thought for a plot twist in my Sky Knight and the Princess of Power stop motion project. The scene is at some point in the story Sky Knight and She-Ra/Adora get captured, later we see Catra come in and begins taunting the two at which point it becomes revealed that though Sky Knight is indeed Eternian and does work for the royal family all his memories regarding his mission to find Adora and Rebellion was all set up by Hordak to plant him into the Rebellion and causes so much of an uproar that the Rebels tear themselves apart. Not only does this cause Sky Knight to have a mental breakdown but causes him to expose himself as the King of Brightmoon's executioner thus REALLY driving a stake in the heart of the Rebellion, also he's actually been on Etheria a LOT longer than he thought he did. I think this will work nicely as a plot twist happy.gif .

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Feb 1 2019, 04:21 PM
Post #1379

Spam Meister
Group Icon

FINALLY got new teeth for Cavator but the holes are wrong. Not much, but 45mm C/C instead of 40mm C/C. Bah. But I think I can work with it, maybe drill up the holes in the bucket to make them fit.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 1 2019, 04:41 PM
Post #1380

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 1 2019, 10:21 AM) *

FINALLY got new teeth for Cavator but the holes are wrong. Not much, but 45mm C/C instead of 40mm C/C. Bah. But I think I can work with it, maybe drill up the holes in the bucket to make them fit.

Why can't they send you the right sized teeth? Isn't that twice now they have sent the wrong teeth? I would be afraid drilling the holes differently would compromise the integrity of the bucket; and why should you have to? If the company you are dealing with can't send you the right item you have ordered; I'd make them refund your money and find a company that can send you the correct parts you have ordered. You shouldn't have to modify your bucket; or next they might send you the right size. You won't be able to make the holes smaller again.

--------------------
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 67 68 69 70 71 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:44 AM