Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

98 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
Renee
post Dec 1 2018, 12:48 AM
Post #1761

Councilor
Group Icon

Bretons are even more morose than Nords! viking.gif Souissi will survive and thrive though, she'll stay alive.

Morndas, 7:40 AM, 29th of First Seed, 4th Era 203

Days Passed: 589

Locations Discovered: 199

Hours Slept: 4751
Hours Waited: 2424

Gold Found: 306,276 (yikes!)

The Crusader of Falkreath suits for battle. He puts away his hide boots and green wool clothes (house clothes, basically) then dons his favorite cuirass and greaves: plated armor which increases his ability to deflect damage. "Steel Plate Amor of the Knight" these pieces are called. Other apparel are donned; boots and gauntlets, all of them magical. Overall, it takes nearly a half-hour for him to equip himself, and though there are others in his home to assist, he chooses to be alone this time, deep in thought.

"Honor to see you again my thane!" calls one of his housemates from somewhere close by. "Do you need anything?"

"Rayya, you shan't make they decision to commence despite my prior choosing. As mentioned on the day previous, you do have welcoming amongst the shoals."

"What do you need, my thane?"

Lord Haaf-Mersey shakes his head, and begins to make a motion which suggests he's about to palm his face, only he doesn't do it. His adopted daughter Lucia had just painted his countenance, using some of her homemade rouge and greasepaint. Best not to smudge all that. By this motion though, his disappointment is apparent. Because he'd shown up to Lakeview Manor two days earlier with Ingjard, a talented Dawnguard archer, because of this, Rayya had refused to join the pair. "Looks like you've got someone already," was her excuse.

"Suit thyself, Rayya." The lord turns to go, walks down the stairs, from his bedroom to its common area. He does not get far.

"PAPA!" Lucia greets, her pet rabbit following.

But she does not look up. She merely walks by, knowing her step-father is off to somewhere dangerous. Again. 'Tis no matter the paladin thinks. As long as this little one with safety may--

"Hello my love!" his wife calls.

"Mjoll." the lord nods.

"Do you need anything my love?"

Haaf-Mersey does that half-motion with his arm again, but stops, lest he smear the countenance that his adopted daughter had recently painted. Oh, he'd never hear the end of it.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 1 2018, 04:16 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 6 2018, 12:14 AM
Post #1762

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Nov 25 2018, 08:31 AM) *

Nice! What is SPERG?

Eesh, kinda late but SPERG is a perk overhaul. I kinda like the way it works since it automatically grants perks at the different mastery levels like Oblivion, but don't like that you need to have uncapped skills to use it. Also you it seems like you can become overpowered pretty easily but then I haven't played a full game with it yet.

==

Anyways, Alois is out of Whiterun and in the College of Winterhold now. I was reminded of how powerless you end up being if you only use Frost destruction spells. Most of the time it just means reduced damage, but a lot of enemies outright resist it. It's the main reason the original Alois started using a sword. :U

Still sticking to frost, as it's his Thing, but I may or may not have grabbed Sunfire before he even begins Dawnguard. I feel like it should at least be the one sun fire spell that all Restoration vendors have. (Also, I'm loving what SPERG does with Ward spells. It basically summons and equips a shield on you that makes the ward when you block)

Dunno how long he'll stay at the College, but he'll at least upgrade all his Restoration and Destruction spells while he's there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 7 2018, 01:35 AM
Post #1763

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah that would help if he had something other than frost, ha ha. Well, my ice witch used a lot of frost, but if she were against some enemy that resists it, she'd .... hmm. I don't remember what she'd do. indifferent.gif It's been awhile.

There's a mod called Third Era Magic or something like that. It adds a spell vendor in the College's library who sells all kinds of cool spells found in earlier games. A lot of touch spells, for instance. Water Walking. Etc. I'll have to dig up that link if you're interested.

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Dec 7 2018, 10:08 PM
Post #1764

Mouth
Group Icon

Yeah, it's one of the things I absolutely did NOT back down from when I first played the game. Ice is pretty. :v

Anyways, I have that mod! Although the version I've been using places the vendor near the border to Morrowind. I think there was another recent one that integrated the spells into leveled lists, but the mod creator discontinued support of the LE version.

For my purposes, though, I prefer the former. The spells are still "lost" in this continuity, and Alois's sister Genevieve is one of the few with any knowledge of them thanks to a late 3rd Era spell tome she inherited.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Dec 7 2018, 10:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 9 2018, 02:04 PM
Post #1765

Master
Group Icon

Souissi enchanted most of her armor pieces. Her mercenary armor now helps her regenerating magicka quicker as does her headdress. Very useful for someone born under the Atronach, she almost negated the birthsign penalty of slower magicka regeneration. Her boots are enchanted with frost resistance, because witchmen attack primarily with long distance frost spells. Only her gauntlets aren't enchanted yet.

She also has a new ally - a sabre cat familiar, she learned how to summon it after reading a tome bought from a missionary in Arnima. The sabre cat is powerful but for enemies that attack from long distances or places that are hard to reach, her flaming atronach is still a better option, because it attacks with fire spells.

Although she has left a life of a robber behind, Souissi made some friends among beggars and criminal exiles of High Rock and now they consider her as one of them. As a result, renegade exiles living in wilderness, shouldn't attack her anymore.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 11 2018, 02:51 PM
Post #1766

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, so she's found some solace amongst the beggars of High Rock and can summon a giant cat now, along with that healer guy she met, she should be more unstoppable now.

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Dec 7 2018, 04:08 PM) *

For my purposes, though, I prefer the former. The spells are still "lost" in this continuity, and Alois's sister Genevieve is one of the few with any knowledge of them thanks to a late 3rd Era spell tome she inherited.

I know. I absolutely love that there's some backstory. Because it fits with my personal version of why magic is so different in Skyrim than it was in the Third Era. From the getgo in 2011, I wasn't sitting around complaining about lack of Spellmaking, lack of touch spells, and so on. I just figured the College just did not continue to support or learn about the magic which was so prevalent during the Third Era. So it totally makes sense that somebody shows up who knows all this stuff, and the College accepts her because she's skilled in magics of which they are not.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 23 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #1767

Master
Group Icon

During her career of a criminal, Souissi would often want to be in someone else’s shoes, someone better, someone that people would look up to. However, after she exposed Mortifayne and ruined his lady’s Namira’s plans by fending off a Daedric invasion, and King Sigmayne granted her knighthood and appointed her as a Knight of Evermore for her honorable deeds, Souissi had mixed feelings. She couldn’t say why but something felt so very wrong. Not just because according to her friend Rados, King Sigmayne wanted to marry a nine years old girl in the past, but also because the joy after defeating Mortifayne seemed merely a silence before the coming storm. Nonetheless, being a knight has its duties and for the time being Souissi intends to perform them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 23 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #1768

Councilor
Group Icon

No kidding, she accepted knighthood. So now she is Sir Souissi, just like Mazoga. smile.gif Oh wait, I think she'd be Lady Souissi.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 23 2018, 08:51 PM
Post #1769

Master
Group Icon

She had her doubts but she assumed that becoming a knight and performing duties would grant her septims and lots of them. And she was right.

Oh, and the main quest doesn't continue unless one accepts the knighthood.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Dec 23 2018, 09:45 PM
Post #1770

Paladin
Group Icon

Dame Souissi. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 28 2018, 04:37 PM
Post #1771

Master
Group Icon

That actually sounds better than Knight Souissi.
In search of ectoplasm for a ritual, Souissi descended down a Direnni ruin of Umbasir. There an unknown entity trapped her inside and commanded her to do its bidding, else she remains trapped inside the ruin forever. Descending deeper and deeper, Souissi eventually opened a portal to Apocrypha, where the entity revealed itself - it was Hermaeus Mora, the Daedric Prince, the riddle unsolveable, the book unreadable. In return for her release Mora demanded that Souissi steals a soul of a Direnni wizard, whose ghost still inhabits Umbasir. Bold as always and not willing to be ordered around by Daedra, Souissi and the wizard tricked Mora into believing that the delivered soul gem contains the wizard's soul, while it was in fact a soul of a wizard passed away long ago.

Souissi was released from Apocrypha and as a reward received a black book from Mora, allowing her to visit his realm at any time. And the Direnni wizard finally found his peace.

Yet Hermaeus Mora didn't fall for their trick, instead he decided to play their game. He foresaw that in the near future Souissi will be in a dire situation, where reading the black book will be the only way to save her life, and when they'll meet again...then they'll have a long and friendly discourse.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 15 2019, 08:00 PM
Post #1772

Councilor
Group Icon

To avoid ESO event burnout, I spent a bit of time with Clark in Skyrim, trying to add some screen-shots for his story. The hardest part was trying to get Katria not to be a ghost. Her effect script is re-applied in so many ways I couldn't track them, and ended up creating a clone for the pictures. Now I have to re-shoot them, as she has grey-face. sad.gif

I also worked a bit on the Succubi, but that mod needs a lot of dungeon-building, which gets just as tedious as the ESO dailies.

ETA: Got my screen-shots. Clark had fun. Katria, too. But now I'm looking at all the pages that don't have a picture, and getting distracted from the Diablo mod.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 16 2019, 03:00 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 22 2019, 02:05 PM
Post #1773

Councilor
Group Icon

I did some small tweak to the horns for the Diablo mod mni-bosses, but then got the urge to build a wagon again. So Bo (derived from the ESO one) made one, (and got the workshop rebuilt) all by level 8. Her tools were in Stoney Creek, Fort Fellhammer, Faldar's Tooth, and Uttering Hills, and the bosses gave her all manner if problems.

No screenshots, as I forgot to start Fraps. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 21 2019, 06:31 PM
Post #1774

Councilor
Group Icon

Started a fresh play-through of the Diablo mod, so I can make sure all the various scripts work properly. I was experiencing save-bake (values already being in the save file, so my changes had no effect).

The new character is an Orc in the Succubus outfit, as there aren't any Succubi NPC's of that race. She's trying out their spells too, but that will probably put her at a disadvantage against multiple enemies. She'll have a decent bow as an alternative, as the mod rewards being a sneaky archer, to pick them off one at a time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 26 2020, 06:33 PM
Post #1775

Ancient
Group Icon

"You're like me eh? Don't favor those clunky two-handed weapons," said a guard to January.

A guard who was wearing a two-handed sword across his back...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Mar 26 2020, 07:10 PM
Post #1776

Master
Group Icon

Maybe it's been so long, since he used it, that he forgot, what he's carrying.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 26 2020, 08:39 PM
Post #1777

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 26 2020, 01:33 PM) *

"You're like me eh? Don't favor those clunky two-handed weapons," said a guard to January.

A guard who was wearing a two-handed sword across his back...

This is Skyrim's version of the enemy who says "Jump on my sword while you can!" ... while wielding an axe. A bow. Anything but a sword!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 29 2020, 01:39 AM
Post #1778

Ancient
Group Icon

So am I the only one who thinks Bleeding Crown sounds like a STD, not a mushroom?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Mar 29 2020, 01:02 PM
Post #1779

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, it does, but not as serious an STD as Stinkhorn.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 29 2020, 04:26 PM
Post #1780

Ancient
Group Icon

Blisterwort is not a great name either...

--------------------
+Quote Post

98 Pages V « < 87 88 89 90 91 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 PM