> The Little Coffee Shop
Rane
post Oct 23 2006, 09:58 AM
Post #1

Lurker
Group Icon

Last Thread

QUOTE(minque)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!!

QUOTE(Alexander)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 23 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Just to kinda continue what I was going on about, I just wanted to know if anyone was dressing up for Hallowe'en and what are they dressing up as.

For the older people:

I was wondering if your home is setup to freak out the kiddie trying to get your delicious candy this year? Do you get into the "spirit" of the holiday?

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Oct 24 2006, 02:44 AM
Post #3

Evoker

I got around to placing an order for a new computer now. Should show up on Saturday. I guess I'm a little worried something will go wrong though. I've never spend this much money online before. I've only bough dvds, games and... that large soviet flag... online before. Never a computer. I'm probably worrying for no reason. Guess I'll feel better when the thing shows up.

Since I'm here, watch "how to make babies by doing dirty things" http://youtube.com/watch?v=5KvzvwdV-QA biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Oct 24 2006, 04:11 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ramirez @ Oct 23 2006, 08:44 PM) *

I got around to placing an order for a new computer now. Should show up on Saturday. I guess I'm a little worried something will go wrong though. I've never spend this much money online before. I've only bough dvds, games and... that large soviet flag... online before. Never a computer. I'm probably worrying for no reason. Guess I'll feel better when the thing shows up.

Hey dont worry about the compy stuff. It really isnt that hard. Things are a bit obvious where they go just by pictures, and they also have instruction manuals. And windows install is a piece of cake too. One of my friends who thought it was so hard, I had him install it and he was saying "Wow that was easy!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Oct 24 2006, 11:17 AM
Post #5

Evoker

I've ordered a custom built machine as opposed to all the individual parts. I know 2 people that could help me build one (which was the original plan) but due to work I can't see one, and the other... well, I live with him but I don't trust him to get on with it. I don't doubt his ability, but I think I'll constantly hear "we'll do it later/tomorrow" and it will be a while before we start. The added advantage of this is that I know all the parts are compatible, and what I can upgrade to at a later date. Looks like I can take up to an Athlon 4600 dual core (I opted for a 3500).

I just feel something may go wrong. Like it wontshow up and I'll have to spend ages on the phone with the company. I've spent about 2 weeks wages on this so it had better work.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Oct 25 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

Concerning Halloween, we are not dressing up. We only do that when invited to a Halloween party or when everyone does it at work.

Before this year we never put out Halloween candy because we lived in an industrial neighborhood and there were no kids. Now we live in a condominium complex though. So maybe we'll buy some delicious little Hersheys dark chocolate bar snacks. Especially hoping that there'll be alot left over ... yummy!

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
Rane
post Oct 26 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #7

Lurker
Group Icon

I wonder what kind of reactions one would get with dressing up on Halloween in here. The majority would probably be amused and probably just laugh about it but there's a good chance some will misunderstand it and either a) telling one to pike off or b) call the police. Of course, a mix of both isn't out of the question.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 26 2006, 03:32 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Well I had an interesting night last night. Our school had our Hallowe'en dance and I was convinced by a friend to go, it also gave me the opportunity to bust out my sweet costume. I dressed as a bandit cowboy who I like to call "Ace" because I thought it would look stylish to stick an ace of spades card into my black cowboy hat. It's the same hat that I'm wearing in most of the pictures of myself that I put in the "Real Pictures" thread.

I also wore a blue bandana across my face that covered my face from the nose down. To compliment, I wore black jeans, a black denim-like shirt with a black with gold coloured design on it with a brown suede coat. I also had a belt with a western buckle of two pistols crossing each other and I had a holster with a magnum sidearm. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me bring my horsehead on a broom stick into the dance hall, I worked so hard in making that!

Despite feeling under the weather, I danced my butt off in all those clothes. I guess I was attempting to "sweat out" my cold. I'm not particulary a fan of the music played, but if they played stuff I liked more, no one would be dancing tongue.gif. Unless they played some K-Os, too bad they didn't play anything by him sad.gif

But I got to dance with a bunch of ladies, I had a good time goodjob.gif

--------------------

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Oct 26 2006, 12:28 PM
Post #9

Evoker

I phoned up the computer place and it would seem my computer won't arrive for 2-3 weeks due to a high number of orders. This makes me a sad Ramirez.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Oct 27 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

On the Halloween subject, I dress up as a Jedi Watchman. I wear a long brown cape (I really want to dye it black, because brown really isn't me...... I guess that makes me a Sith Assassin). I also carry a green lightsaber (again I wish it was purple). But at my school we're having "Red-Ribbon" week, and today was superhero day (it seemed that alot of people either A. used it as an excuse to wear halloween costumes or B. just put on a cape (in the case of athletes, they wore their towels). laugh.gif Oh and my friend just taped a Superman "S" to his shirt. But like all the other days of this week I didn't celebrate (not sure if it would be the right word) superhero day.

Off topic: hey Rane, what happened to the Dark Archon avatar? I like Starcraft too.
+Quote Post
Ramirez
post Oct 27 2006, 11:32 AM
Post #11

Evoker

I finally have Oblivion. Unfortunatley I lack the PC to play it at the moment sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Rane
post Oct 27 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #12

Lurker
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Oct 27 2006, 03:33 AM) *

Off topic: hey Rane, what happened to the Dark Archon avatar? I like Starcraft too.

Felt like I could need a new avatar. That's about it.
+Quote Post
Saffas Missionary
post Oct 27 2006, 09:33 PM
Post #13

Evoker

Yeah I liked the dark archon one too

--------------------
IPB Image

Yes, this is my Signiture from another forum and I need a name change :P
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Oct 27 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Yeah, StarCraft was cool, but hey, things change and I like this avy too

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 28 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Just got back from watching the movie Saw III.

It's probably the most graphic release out of the trilogy, with some of the "games" being very, very grissly gross. I was cringing in my seat, which is what I guess the director probably wanted.

The twist at the end I think was better than the last release, as it also relates to the previous Saw movies, but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to watch it. I'll just say that it made me and my friend talk about it to try to make sure it makes sense to us. I think we were able to deduct that the twist at the end did make sense.

Basically, if you've seen the first two, see the last one. Just be prepared for a bit more disturbing images.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Oct 28 2006, 06:06 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre was terrible. It started out kind of cool, but quickly went downhill. It was gruesome enough, just not scary or even interesting. I actually wanted to go home. (the only thing keeping me from doing so was a group of friends)

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Channler
post Oct 28 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 28 2006, 12:36 AM) *

Just got back from watching the movie Saw III.

It's probably the most graphic release out of the trilogy, with some of the "games" being very, very grissly gross. I was cringing in my seat, which is what I guess the director probably wanted.

The twist at the end I think was better than the last release, as it also relates to the previous Saw movies, but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to watch it. I'll just say that it made me and my friend talk about it to try to make sure it makes sense to us. I think we were able to deduct that the twist at the end did make sense.

Basically, if you've seen the first two, see the last one. Just be prepared for a bit more disturbing images.

Cool... Sounds like a good movie to take my gf too.. Never saw the first two however

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 28 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Channler @ Oct 28 2006, 10:59 AM) *

Cool... Sounds like a good movie to take my gf too.. Never saw the first two however

The storyline might be a bit confusing then, because this Saw, unlike the second one, goes back to visit moments in the first two and it might be hard to understand the twist without knowledge of the first two. It's only a suggestion, so it's up to you.

I don't think it's all that hard to find rentals/DVDs of the first two, in fact, I think they just released a "special edition" version of Saw II with all the bonus features and whatnot.

Since watching Saw III, I got the impression this will be the last one, so I'm going to hold out buying any DVDs in hopes that they'll release a trilogy pack or something.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pisces
post Oct 28 2006, 08:25 PM
Post #19

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 26 2006, 03:32 PM) *

Unfortunately they wouldn't let me bring my horsehead on a broom stick into the dance hall, I worked so hard in making that!

Where did you get the horsehead and was it alive when you took it?
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Oct 28 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Haha, unfortunately I don't have the guts to do anything to a living horse.

So instead I google image searched a profile view of a horse head, printed it off, then printed a fliped version for a symmetrical other profile side. Stuck them on a piece of britol board, glued them together and glued that to the stick.

I was hoping to find a premade one, but my lucky has never been that good. It would've been a stuffed head.

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:28 AM