3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free online mmorpg
Ibis
post Aug 15 2006, 08:34 AM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh? This I gotta hear. Tell me. If you've figured out a way to get a riveting story for an online game I'd like to hear it.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 16 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #22

Master
Group Icon

Milanius, that was me that attacked you. I had to test your ability, you kicked my boat.

--------------------
A man once asked the Buddha, "How does one escape the heat of the summer sun?"

And the Buddha replied, "Why not try crawling into the blazing furnace?"
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 16 2006, 06:16 AM
Post #23

Mouth
Group Icon

Ooooh, Milanius and Doomed are both playing BiteWars? Does it have any kind of spyware or anything like that?

Boy, you've really got to look for that. I went to download my favorite MSN Music skin that I used to have called Cerulean ... and it had a warning that it could drop spyware and track stuff in your computer. It never said that before. Is this dangerous? I still want to use it but now I don't know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ThePerson98
post Aug 16 2006, 08:44 AM
Post #24

Finder
Group Icon

Way I see it, the only reason to level is to play the game with your friends. Reason why I've been gone is that I've been playing Maplestory with a bunch of awesome friends on there biggrin.gif. I dont even care about levelling, Im the same level as them and it's pointless to become stronger.

Whats funny are "serious" gamers..aren't games made to be fun? I mean I understand serious parts IN the game but what's the point of gaming if you are "serious"?

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 16 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #25

Agent

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Aug 16 2006, 12:31 AM) *

Milanius, that was me that attacked you. I had to test your ability, you kicked my boat.

Whoa ohmy.gif what nick, mate ? I mean, right now is chaos out here, because of the great Reset [I myself have been reset TWICE sad.gif] but I'm back in it and I'm kicking more butt/hour than ever ! See for yourself...

EDIT: Ibis, as far as I know there are no such things there, no spyware, but the flashing ads may irritate people who pay attention to them [not me, though tongue.gif]. Also, the Free game is restricted in terms of hunting time each day, as well as wait time for duels, but that's all trivial.

This post has been edited by milanius: Aug 16 2006, 05:24 PM

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 17 2006, 01:46 AM
Post #26

Mouth
Group Icon

Cool, so I will look into this then. Specilally if Doomy and Milany are playing. But you ARE going to have to tell me your Nicks after I get a player established .... cause I suck at gaming really and Cain usually twinks me right away. Yes, I am one of those lvl ones running around in lvl 75 armor with lvl 90 weap that everyone hates. Yup ... that's me!! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hunter14
post Aug 17 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #27

Evoker

i hate serious gamers they spend all day on the computer lvling up and then they brag about it. R "serious gamers" proud of having no life (no offence ment to u Ibis).

--------------------
i own your monkeys hahahahahaha

attack my monkeys!!!

want a banana, well u cant have one

only my monkeys can

u bananaless person
------------------------
+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 18 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Just stick to server 4 Ibis, that's where we are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 18 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

Ahhh, okay ... server 4, good to know. Although you guys may tire of it before I ever get there. I just reupped my Shadowbane account.

Hunter14 here got my hubby Cain to have a renewed interest in SB and he's been playing it like a madman for days. He's in a great guild city near some really good runedrop points. So, now I've decided to join too.

I'm in the process of rerolling most of my characters now. The only one I'll be keeping is a Centaur Druid healer named Gwenne Genver ... my rerolls will be a half-giant barbarian named Thundara who is an axe-wielder and has the ring of the babosh as her wedding gift from Ogrik her husband. And I have a vampire named Natashya who first didn't do well as a sorceress so I remade her as a scout and she didn't get the track rune - what a rip!! Just cause she's a vamp. So now I'll try her as a thief or an assassin perhaps.

Anyone have a good idea of the best Class to make vampires in Shadowbane? If so please tell me because I like the race.

Hunter14, if you want to play with us and level up your chars, pm me K?

--------------------

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 23 2006, 10:42 AM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Okay I found two browser based mmos that are actually good:

www.arch-space.org (going through an update right now but usually very intricate futuristic space colonization game)

www.dark-future.org (crime based, pretty intricate)

--------------------

+Quote Post
milanius
post Aug 23 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #31

Agent

Ibis, it seems that I'm biting someone's delicious neck repeatedly, but that someone isn't there yet ? biggrin.gif If you decide to come to Serv4 & play as a Vampire, feel free to ask for my help if anyone bothers you with repeated attacks wink.gif

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 24 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #32

Mouth
Group Icon

I would love to Milanius, but I've got a big muddle going on with my Morrowind mods now that is driving me crazy! I loaded in an old amulet I'd made long ago from an archive disk (well 3 of them really) and now everthing is fugging up. I think that maybe the amulets of long ago were from a mod with a virus. I'm running everything through hotmail right now just trying to find the offending mesh or texture...because hotmail has the strictest virus protection and finds things even my Norton passes.

Ratzzzz is all I can say .... Ratzzz I say!!! mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Aug 24 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #33

Master
Group Icon

Ibis you realize these are browser based, no downloads or anything, just a website.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Aug 24 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

Really? I haven't been paying attention to much else but me MW problem, Doom. I could use some new kinda entertainment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Aug 25 2006, 11:48 PM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

Urban Dead, man.
On there I'm an established runner of at least 12 high level characters. I'm the head of a cult of PK'ers, and anybody who plays is free to join me. Pker's aren't looked at too highly though.. especially my group The Disciples of Zeko. We're infamous for PKing the largest amount of people at one time in game history (our group founder and god RedZeko was responsible).
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Mar 21 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #36

Knower
Group Icon

I have Flyff on my computer and it's free. You can download it here.

//Daedroth

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Apr 30 2008, 06:39 AM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

No you can download it flyff.gpotato.com.. But Shaiya is free too. Have much quests and good graphics..

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Aug 21 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #38

Forum Bard
Group Icon

I played Urban Dead for a while but its annoying because when you get turned into a zombie its hard to get people to revive you, so you gotta spend all your turns getting shot by someone even though you don't attack them first because you hope they'll help you...its just annoying. The updates and new skills further unbalance the game and make it very difficult for new players to just pick up, so unless you're a hardcore web based RPG fanatic, I'd give this one a miss.

Then there's Londinium which is full of skills, quests, and items as well as PvP duels to see how you rank among other players. Even though it is somewhat interesting it is ultimately shallow gameplay and relatively boring...oddly I still play regularly though.

Of course who hasn't heard of Runescape, the free 3D RPG that runs on Java and has no downloads. I personally love this game, it looks much better than it used to since the plethora of graphic updates it has been through and there are plenty of things to do even in the free version of the game. You can fight, cook, mine ores, forge weapons/armor, and many other things as well so if you like mmorpgs and don't have much time, cash, or you're at school messing around on the computer when you're supposed to be working (you know who you are.) you might find this game interesting.

And finally there's my personal favorite, Cybernations. Really all there is to it is creating and managing a nation, yet somehow it pulled me in. Its not entirely interesting unless you join an alliance, a forum, and build some good trade relations between your neighbors. Joining and alliance gives you the advantage of protection from other nations that might be looking at you like a cash cow if you're a rogue nation and also the fact that many alliances have programs designed to help smaller nations get off to a good start by giving them money or resources as well as tips on how to play.

There were several other games I used to play, one was a game where you built and army, joined a battalion and fought all over the world, I can't remember the name of it though. I was introduced to it by Channler, Soulseeker, Megil, and Shogunsniper...man its been a while.

Anyways thats my list of games I'm currently playing, what I'm wondering is are there any other browser based RPG fans around the forums? If so, what games do you play?

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Dec 30 2008, 01:32 PM
Post #39

Agent

QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Aug 7 2006, 05:56 AM) *

Anyone know of a good MMORPG, one where you don't end up just hacking and slashing for hours on end waiting for your next level up or enough money to get the next cool items?

warhammer online, but its not free.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Dec 30 2008, 01:34 PM
Post #40

Agent

a free mmorpg i used to play was last chaos, worth a try

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:56 AM