Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 192 193 194 195 196 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Lord Revan
post May 8 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #3861

Master
Group Icon

I feel for you, hope it all worked out. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post May 8 2012, 11:15 PM
Post #3862

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ May 8 2012, 07:13 AM) *

IPB Image

lmfao

That was me this semester in chem lab. No poisonings or fires so I think I'm ahead.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Saquira
post May 9 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #3863

Finder
Group Icon

I hope everyone is doing well... or at least okay. And to those of you with exams coming up, good luck! I've got English reading and listening next week, but I don't really think I'll have much trouble with that.

TES Online... Why do I feel skeptical simply by hearing the name? Seriously, when I first read the name all I could feel was this warning siren in the back of my head. It sounds strange, but that's the only way I can describe it.

The main reason to why I haven't been very active lately is that I've had a lot on my mind, and when I get a lot on my mind I have a very hard time to come up with anything to write. I've also had a lot of schoolwork, and I've had a hard time sleeping at the right times. You do not want to fall asleep on the buss when you're getting of at the third stop, and that's just one example.

Never the less, all of that time to think has made me reach a decision. Which is why I a few days ago submitted my new application for the gymnasium. If everything goes as it should, I'll be beginning my first year at the animal gymnasium in Stockholm next term, and though it means I'll have to redo my first year, I really think it's the right thing for me to do. Choosing technology was a severe mistake, because I hate maths, and my coursework involve more maths than I ever thought was possible. Aside from that, the organisation skills at my school is crap, several of the teachers don't know how to communicate, and most of them just rub me the wrong way, as you say. And well, working with animals used to be my dream(together with becoming an author). I've always loved animals, and merely being close to them tends to cheer me up. Or well, my pets do a least.

And speaking of pets, I let Curry out almost daily. And every time he takes of flying he lands on my radio which is on my desk, slightly higher than my computer screen. Often he also flies the short way to my computer screen to sit on it, probably wondering what I'm doing. Curry is the splendid parakeet I posted pics on a few months ago, in case you don't remember him. Obviously he's now living in my room, and he's looking quite disheveled right now because he's in the process of loosing his old feathers for the feathers of an adult.

Anyway, I just wanted to post some kind of update, and it became really long tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post May 10 2012, 12:29 PM
Post #3864

Councilor
Group Icon

Good luck with all that... smile.gif ...

The parakeet sounds cool though...Hope the animal thing comes through...Working - as I do - with cows doesn't really bring out the same "Awwww" feelings that some other animals can... biggrin.gif ...

And I know exactly what you mean with this...

The main reason to why I haven't been very active lately is that I've had a lot on my mind, and when I get a lot on my mind I have a very hard time to come up with anything to write.

I can totally empathise with this...

Number of Robert's sons affected by a virus since saturday = 1

Number of words to Robert's stories written since saturday = 0

So yeah, something gets you, then creativity goes out the window...

Good luck with it all, and do what you can, when you can...

biggrin.gif ...

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 10 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #3865

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Saquira @ May 9 2012, 04:31 PM) *

The main reason to why I haven't been very active lately is that I've had a lot on my mind, and when I get a lot on my mind I have a very hard time to come up with anything to write.

Oh boy do I know how you feel, I been somewhat mentally exhausted, I'll forget what I'm talking about, and I almost feel down a few times, I blame the wind for that though, we been getting really strong wind/rain/hail, I tend to blank out a few times a day so I can't even attempt to write.
But you know the mean part, when I'm in bed my brain starts playing out whole chapters of my story! tongue.gif, Then when I try to write them it's all blank indifferent.gif
So because of it, I feel burnt out, so I'm going to take a break from school, and...become a cop ;o! Granted I need to be 21 to enter the Academy, so this semester that I take a break I'm going to be working and saving up money! Of course next semester I'll be taking classes at the Academy. Of course I'm going to come back to college, but well I been thinking, a lot o.O

On the bright side! I'm going out on a date Saturday, let's see how it goes tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Fawkes: May 10 2012, 10:08 PM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
Olen
post May 12 2012, 08:31 PM
Post #3866

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes the whole RL eating all else thing. I thought I might be more active since I finished taught classes uni but as it turns out two of my exams were moderately hard and sleeping through about two thirds of the chemistry lectures means I have to try and stay awake reading the notes now... Still a week on Monday I am essentially finished my undergrad (and masters, for various funding reasons doing them concurrantly is nessecary) so should have time to read, comment more fully, write, party and travel.

But yeah good luck in exams those who have them. And remember summer is nearby smile.gif

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 12 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #3867

Master
Group Icon

On a more positive note, it's nice to get acceptance letters. I'm looking foward to living in Galveston next year. Nearby beaches, decomissioned naval ships, and one of the busiest ports in the United States should be interesting. I know some people within 50 miles too if I need rescuing. The only thing I'd change is having the option to do Army ROTC rather than play midshipman for a year, but you can't have it all.

Wish y'all the best on your exams. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 12 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #3868

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ May 12 2012, 03:45 PM) *

On a more positive note, it's nice to get acceptance letters. I'm looking foward to living in Galveston next year. Nearby beaches, decomissioned naval ships, and one of the busiest ports in the United States should be interesting. I know some people within 50 miles too if I need rescuing. The only thing I'd change is having the option to do Army ROTC rather than play midshipman for a year, but you can't have it all.

Wish y'all the best on your exams. smile.gif

Yay for rescuing! biggrin.gif

On a even MORE positive note, I passed two of my classes, still waiting for the grade to be posted for the other one biggrin.gif

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
treydog
post May 13 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #3869

Master
Group Icon

Hooray for everyone wrapping up school for the term! And an even larger shout-out for the success in doing so! Congrats to all of you.

Different note:

Wanted to say Happy Mother's Day to all the moms here at Chorrol. The kids may not always express it well- but they need and love you deeply. Every day SHOULD be "Mother Appreciation Day," but take all the pampering you can get on this one.

Miss you, Mom.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
minque
post May 13 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #3870

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhh yes, you guys in US celebrate Mother's day TODAY! yay that's sweet, in sweden we celebrate it the last sunday in May...so I feel like I can feel celebrated TWO times per year! AWESOOOOOOME!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Fawkes
post May 13 2012, 07:21 PM
Post #3871

Finder
Group Icon

Happy Motherboard day! biggrin.gif

Er....I mean happy mothers day! Technically here where I live we celebrate it twice, once in the 10th that's when they celebrate it in Mexico and then when we celebrate it in the US. biggrin.gif

Either way, here is a mothers day related comic that is so true!

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post May 20 2012, 07:10 PM
Post #3872

Master
Group Icon

Good news everyone! My internet is back! I can get more time on the forums! Update my stories! Read and comment on other peoples' stories! Communicate again!

Hooray!
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 20 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #3873

Master
Group Icon

yay wink.gif
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post May 21 2012, 03:03 AM
Post #3874

Mouth
Group Icon

Today, New Mexico got top viewing of an 80% Annular Solar Eclipse. I was able to catch a brief glimpse of it before it disappeared behind the mountains. Two seconds of my life I will never forget.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Olen
post May 22 2012, 12:11 PM
Post #3875

Mouth
Group Icon

Mustard - YAY!

TK - pretty awesome aren't they. If your into that sort of thing there's a transit of Venus on the 5th/6th (depending on where you are) of June. There won't be another until 2117 so it's the last chance (and the next generation probably won't see one). The fact that this is seen as an excuse for a Venus themed party says something about science students...

More good news everyone, I've finished uni. Last exam yesterday so just waiting for marks though it would be astonishing if I don't get a first. This means I have until September to have fun. Current thought is Vienna to Istanbul by bus through the Balkans. And maybe a trip accorss the south of England kipping on friends' sofas. And a couple of cycle tours of Scotland planned. And probably a few trips up the hill. Maybe a trip to the Netherlands too... frankly I'm writing down every idea I can come up with.

--------------------
Look behind you and see an ever decreasing number of ghosts. Currently about 15.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 22 2012, 03:17 PM
Post #3876

Master
Group Icon

Congrats Olen! I remember how I felt when I finally graduated vet school - that felt like forever!

For some reason my MBA program doesn't feel so difficult, though I do find plenty to stress about. For example, midterm this week . . .

I've completed my core courses and am now working on my HA classes - the first one is this session. I have five more classes to go before I get my next degree, so I'll probably finish up next May sometime. I have to take a minimum of four HA courses, so for the other two I'll probably do nonprofit management.

And Olen, isn't the idea stage fun? Oh, I want to do this, and that, and go over there . . .
Then comes the logistics part! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 23 2012, 03:00 AM
Post #3877

Councilor
Group Icon

Olen, congratulations!! Your summer maybes sound tremendous. Now I have a serious case of adventure envy. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 23 2012, 03:25 AM
Post #3878

Master
Group Icon

Congrats, everybody. I turned in my notebook with all my assignments in 2nd semester of PAP Anatomy & Physiology today. My teacher said she was impressed I only lack 5 assignments. Gee, thanks. No, I deserved that. tongue.gif

With that, all that's left of high school is graduation. I can't imagine what it's like for the people that went all twelve years on this campus.
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post May 23 2012, 03:36 AM
Post #3879

Master
Group Icon

You had Physio in high school?? I didn't have that until COLLEGE!!

Anatomy and physio, ahh, that brings back memories. Have you had comparative anatomy? That's really cool stuff, and I learned a great deal of how dragons should be put together. And embryology was a blast. But that's just me, a bio geek. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 23 2012, 05:06 AM
Post #3880

Master
Group Icon

I'll be up front that A&P was my worst class. No, our only advanced living science classes were human anatomy and AP biology. My class did disect earthworms and cats. We spent months on the cats >.< My eyes do not respond well to formaldehyde.

I did better with the anatomy side. Things like blood composition, lymphatic system, and respiration went over my head a bit.
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 192 193 194 195 196 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:44 PM