255 Pages V « < 218 219 220 221 222 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you playing?
Dark Reaper
post Sep 22 2020, 05:03 PM
Post #4381

Master
Group Icon

Right now I'm playing Animal Crossing New Horizon and Fire Emblem Three Houses on the Switch.

--------------------
Live and let live.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 28 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #4382

Ancient
Group Icon

Black Desert Online! Last night in my daily rewards, I got this gorgeous new mount:

https://i.imgur.com/Xk5uKwG.jpg

WOO HOO!!!

Here is my main character:

https://i.imgur.com/WzzzzFL.jpg

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 28 2020, 12:27 PM
Post #4383

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm glad you're enjoying that new game! The game and your character (and horse) look very nice!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 28 2020, 03:40 PM
Post #4384

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow mALX! Another mmo? You are going to be so busy! laugh.gif

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 29 2020, 02:58 AM
Post #4385

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2020, 07:27 AM) *

I'm glad you're enjoying that new game! The game and your character (and horse) look very nice!

Thanks, Acadian!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2020, 10:40 AM) *

I've not been doing ESO much; just barely get on there to pay the horse training and this past week to do a couple Event things.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 29 2020, 03:02 AM
Post #4386

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2020, 08:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 28 2020, 07:27 AM) *

Thanks, Acadian!

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2020, 10:40 AM) *

I've not been doing ESO much; just barely get on there to pay the horse training and this past week to do a couple Event things.

Oh I see. Is everything ok? Getting a bit “burned out” maybe?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 29 2020, 03:15 AM
Post #4387

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2020, 10:02 PM) *

Yeah, fed up with Zenimax "tweaking" of our characters so they can barely play. I tried "New World" during its free play 2 weeks; but didn't care much for it. I started Black Desert about a week or two ago; and it is the first game that has given ESO any real competition. I have been finding it very hard to go to ESO and play when my Templar 's jabby thing doesn't even work anymore and low level enemies are able to take her life now. Grrrrr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 29 2020, 03:20 AM
Post #4388

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2020, 09:15 PM) *

Yeah, fed up with Zenimax "tweaking" of our characters so they can barely play. I tried "New World" during its free play 2 weeks; but didn't care much for it. I started Black Desert about a week or two ago; and it is the first game that has given ESO any real competition. I have been finding it very hard to go to ESO and play when my Templar 's jabby thing doesn't even work anymore and low level enemies are able to take her life now. Grrrrr.

Yeah that’s a bummer. sad.gif

It’s cool that you found something else you like! Will you come back to ESO at least for Witch’s Fest and the New Life? I know Brenna and crew would be glad to see your folks!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 29 2020, 06:56 AM
Post #4389

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 28 2020, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2020, 09:15 PM) *

Yeah that’s a bummer. sad.gif

It’s cool that you found something else you like! Will you come back to ESO at least for Witch’s Fest and the New Life? I know Brenna and crew would be glad to see your folks!

Probably be there on and off; depending on what the Impressario has.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 29 2020, 01:29 PM
Post #4390

Master
Group Icon

Let it be known that I, Decrepit, can't drive steam trains in Train Simulator 2021. Not yet. Either of two things happen during my feeble attempts. Trains either slows to a crawl and finally stops part way to their destinations or, if reached, don't come to a stop until far beyond station platforms. The latter will, I'm sure, iron itself out with practice. Of the former I'm not sure. Why? Because I've no idea what causes these slowdowns/stops. I suspect it's to do with coal/water feed, but the game's other decent training sessions don't address those. (Trainz 2019's training sessions do touch on fueling steam locos, if not in any great detail.)

Impressions so far. I prefer Trainz UI/keyboard controls. They're easier to work with. Also, TS2021's keyboard controls can't be reassigned!

Graphics wise, the nod goes to TS2021. (I've yet to figure out for to get high quality graphics seen in some TS2021 YouTube vids.) At their best, both are acceptable. Neither matches Train Sim World (which I rule out due to lack of steam era locos and routes) in this regard.

TS2021 has a Steam Workshop! I didn't know this until recently, as Workshop access required an extra step to find. The Workshop contains almost exclusively free sessions for pay DLC routes, but that's better than nothing. I've already downloaded a bunch of free sessions for the two steam-routes I own.

TRS2019 had no Steam Workshop, but offers its own Download Station with tons of free locos, wagons, accessories, scenery, and so on. The catch is that 'free' download speed is so slow it's impractical to use. We're talking dial-up! For decent speed one has to buy a "First-class Ticket" (as well as with several other paid-for options). These come in set durations, 1-month, 3-months, 6-months, 1-year. Very reasonably priced. But it's still a cash-grab.

Truth is, both are money-sinks, assuming you aren't satisfied with the basic starter packages. Most folk interesting in train/railroad simulation won't be satisfied.

TRS2019 seems the more glitch-prone of the two, but I'm not yet familiar enough with TS2021 to know for sure.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Sep 30 2020, 12:24 PM
Post #4391

Master
Group Icon

I've not much to say for myself. I continue to be inept at driving steam locos in Train Simulator 2021. I did, however, find a YouTube that covers properly 'firing' a steam engine, how to climb slopes, and so on. At the moment it's mostly Greek to me. I'll keep whistling away at it.

In other news, I just published a video documenting one of my DFU avatar's shorter dungeon crawls. A link is found in our appropriate sub-forum.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 30 2020, 09:01 PM
Post #4392

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 28 2020, 10:15 PM) *

Yeah, fed up with Zenimax "tweaking" of our characters so they can barely play. I have been finding it very hard to go to ESO and play when my Templar 's jabby thing doesn't even work anymore and low level enemies are able to take her life now. Grrrrr.

Addendum: Well, urk. Turns out that my recent issues playing Amiela was actually my fault. I must have had some kind of scroll to reset attribute points in my inventory and accidentally clicked on it at some point = her attributes were reset to zero! When I fixed that, she was back playing right again.

Anyway; I am much happier with ESO knowing it wasn't them that did Amiela's jabby-thing problems; lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 30 2020, 11:10 PM
Post #4393

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 30 2020, 04:01 PM) *

Addendum: Well, urk. Turns out that my recent issues playing Amiela was actually my fault. I must have had some kind of scroll to reset attribute points in my inventory and accidentally clicked on it at some point = her attributes were reset to zero! When I fixed that, she was back playing right again.

Anyway; I am much happier with ESO knowing it wasn't them that did Amiela's jabby-thing problems; lol.

They give everyone one of those at around level 43. You don't get any request for conformation when you use and it takes forever to put them back. I think about four or five of mine have accidentally clicked on them, and I've only wanted to use one once, when I switched Laurie to tank.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 1 2020, 06:34 AM
Post #4394

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 30 2020, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Sep 30 2020, 04:01 PM) *

They give everyone one of those at around level 43. You don't get any request for conformation when you use and it takes forever to put them back. I think about four or five of mine have accidentally clicked on them, and I've only wanted to use one once, when I switched Laurie to tank.

laugh.gif Yeah, I think this one was actually one of the daily rewards this month and I just forgot to put it into the bank or something. Thank goodness I didn't send the cussing bug report to the Devs like I intended to, rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Dark Reaper
post Oct 2 2020, 10:02 AM
Post #4395

Master
Group Icon

Playing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the five billionth time lol. I can't help it I love this game, also there's a prequel coming out so that's another reason why I got this game again biggrin.gif .

This post has been edited by Dark Reaper: Oct 2 2020, 06:26 PM

--------------------
Live and let live.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 2 2020, 02:36 PM
Post #4396

Master
Group Icon

I'm still trying to learn how to drive steam locos in Train Simulator 2021, and remain as inept as ever!. At least none of my last three efforts ended in engine malfunction! That's an improvement, I reckon. Here's a couple of images of this morning's two attempts. All feature the same steam locomotive, a third-party add-on. It comes in quite a few variants. One attempt (which I bailed on a bit past its halfway point) featured the loco in its final years of service. The other (which I successfully completed, without honors) shows it in an earlier livery, at a time when in-service steam was better taken care of.

(image) BR N9 4-6-2 steam loco with coaches at departure station (image)

(image) BR N9 steam loco with coaches mid-route (image)

(image) LNER N9 4-6-2 steam loco with coaches at departure station (image)

(image) LNER N9 steam loco with coaches pulls it at destination station (image)

In other news, my DFU avatar attempted several Mages Guild assignments. The first was aborted almost immediately after acceptance, when we learned that it was one of those long, drawn-out, multi-phase assignments. Neither of us was up for that. I called a halt on the second, simple task because it was late in the real-world day, I was groggy, and due to that made a few dumb mistakes. I didn't feel right having my avatar pay the consequences. (None would have harmed his reputation in any way, but still...)

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Oct 2 2020, 08:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sakiri
post Oct 2 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #4397

Master
Group Icon

I haven't played ESO in so long now I don't even recognise the game.

--------------------
And in the fury of this darkest hour
We will be your light
You've asked me for my sacrifice
And I am Winterborn
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Oct 3 2020, 02:37 PM
Post #4398

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Playing a bit of Driver on my Millennium puter. I have access to all the cheats and besides the lagging it's well good fun knocking those police cars over as if they were bowling pins biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Oct 3 2020, 02:40 PM
Post #4399

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Oct 3 2020, 08:37 AM) *

Playing a bit of Driver on my Millennium puter. I have access to all the cheats and besides the lagging it's well good fun knocking those police cars over as if they were bowling pins biggrin.gif

I remember that game, lol. Played it on the original PlayStation.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 4 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #4400

Master
Group Icon

Ya can't win these days, it seems. When I ordered/purchased the TS2021 loco last month, the one seen in my recent thread post, I debated long and hard between it and a Highland Railway Jones Goods 4-6-0. Now that the month has rolled over, I decided to get the HRJG. Ordered and paid for it yesterday. Only, when I clicked its download link Avast popped up and blocked DL!

Here's where I made my mistake. I clicked off Avast's warning before absorbing what it said. No biggie I thought, I'll try again, read carefully, and write down Avast's warning. No such luck. Clicking DOWNLOAD now takes me to a conventional browser page stating that the download/URL is blocked, nothing more. I waited maybe 15min and tried again. Same result. I searched Avast and found that the site has been added to its blacklist. Except I can reach the site, it's various pages, and my user account page just fine. It's only that download that's blacklisted, or so it seems.

Now the really bad part. While I have an unlimited time period in which to download the loco, the company gives me only three downloads per product. I've now used all three. Even should I figure out how to unblock the download URL I can't download. I guess their site isn't sophisticated enough to recognize that my download attempts were blocked.

I shot an email to the company explaining all this, then maybe 20min later sent 'em another email with clarifications and corrections to my first email. Hopefully they'll sort it out for me. <crosses fingers> I'll not know until tomorrow at the soonest, they not open for business weekends.

Other TS2021 news. I can't couple/uncouple to save my life. TS2021 seems more forgiving than TRS2019 in this regard. I've taken the coupling tutorial numerous times. First time (several days ago) I passed, giving me a false sense of security. Today, I decided to return to the tutorial to hone my skills. Failure after failure, usually resulting in derailed cars. I finally did it right, luck rather than skill improvement. After that success I was too unnerved to attempt another go. I know it can be done. I've seen YouTube TS2021 videos that make it seem effortless. I'll keep whittling away at it, and hope for the best.

(TS2021 has what seem to me awkward keyboard controls. Coupling is SHIFT+CTRL+C. There's supposedly a mouse-click alternative, but I've not gotten it to work. That, however, is not the source of my coupling woes.)

Addendum:
I put in another longish coupling session. Better results this time. No car derailments. No bumping them hard enough to push out of coupling reach. Very inelegant, with multiple stops and starts before reaching the target cars rather than one smooth continuous glide into position.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Oct 4 2020, 09:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

255 Pages V « < 218 219 220 221 222 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:55 PM