Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

118 Pages V « < 107 108 109 110 111 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Here Is The News..", The Elder Scrolls Online General Discussion Thread...
ghastley
post Jan 28 2021, 10:09 PM
Post #2161

Councilor
Group Icon

If you're planning on checking out the new update on the PTS, be aware that you'll spend a lot of time re-spec'ing your character. All skill points and CP are refunded and must be re-assigned, as the CP system is totally remade, and there are a lot of passive things swapped between skills and CP. Doing multiple characters is going to take forever when it goes live. ohmy.gif

Evili Sharp-Arrow is in the new prologue, which made that fun.

The patch notes don't mention companions at all. They presumably won't be available until the full chapter release, and we're just testing the next dungeon DLC so far, with the new CP/skill change.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 28 2021, 10:31 PM
Post #2162

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jan 28 2021, 04:09 PM) *

If you're planning on checking out the new update on the PTS, be aware that you'll spend a lot of time re-spec'ing your character. All skill points and CP are refunded and must be re-assigned, as the CP system is totally remade, and there are a lot of passive things swapped between skills and CP. Doing multiple characters is going to take forever when it goes live. ohmy.gif

Evili Sharp-Arrow is in the new prologue, which made that fun.

The patch notes don't mention companions at all. They presumably won't be available until the full chapter release, and we're just testing the next dungeon DLC so far, with the new CP/skill change.

Oh crap; thanks for the heads-up! I better log all my character's stats before they bring that update live then; so I know/remember what I want to do with them. Urgh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 10 2021, 01:32 PM
Post #2163

Paladin
Group Icon

Still looks like the new 'Tribunal Celebration' event will happen this month (Feb). Exact dates not yet announced. This event is a blending of the former Morrowind and Clockwork City events. A little bit more info: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tribunal_Celebration_Event

Standard event fare. Event tix are maxed at two a day. One for the first MW daily and another for the first CWC daily you do each day. So it looks like Buffy will simply do a daily delve in each zone each day. Impresario will continue to carry fragments for the basic pet and will add the second frag for the pet morph skin for those interested. In Buffy's case, she'll simply be looking to build her tix from 8 to 12 and see what non-frag items are of interest to her (since she has one pet and all three frags for a second pet). Again, the skin morph is this quarter, followed by personality, mount and house morphs over the following three quarters.

The third and final event for this first quarter will be the Jester's Festival sometime in March.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 18 2021, 07:12 PM
Post #2164

Paladin
Group Icon

The new Tribunal Celebration event has been announced and will run Feb 25 - Mar 9. Official announcement here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59597

A fair number of moving parts and the event includes both CWC & MW. One event tix per day can be earned from the first daily you do in CWC each day and another one from your first MW daily each day.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 18 2021, 08:01 PM
Post #2165

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Feb 10 2021, 07:32 AM) *

Still looks like the new 'Tribunal Celebration' event will happen this month (Feb). Exact dates not yet announced. This event is a blending of the former Morrowind and Clockwork City events. A little bit more info: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tribunal_Celebration_Event

Standard event fare. Event tix are maxed at two a day. One for the first MW daily and another for the first CWC daily you do each day. So it looks like Buffy will simply do a daily delve in each zone each day. Impresario will continue to carry fragments for the basic pet and will add the second frag for the pet morph skin for those interested. In Buffy's case, she'll simply be looking to build her tix from 8 to 12 and see what non-frag items are of interest to her (since she has one pet and all three frags for a second pet). Again, the skin morph is this quarter, followed by personality, mount and house morphs over the following three quarters.

The third and final event for this first quarter will be the Jester's Festival sometime in March.

Yeah; I just need to get back up to 12 tickets too; I already have one pet and all the fragments for a second pet; but I need all 12 tickets if I am not mistaken.

I'll have to see the Mount to decide if I want it or not; and possibly the Personality details before actually deciding on it; too (though I'm pretty sure I'll want it). The house, though = I am totally sure I will want the house no matter what it looks like; how big or small, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 18 2021, 10:09 PM
Post #2166

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm in a similar situation, mALX. I have the pet all ready to morph and I have 3 more frags to make a second pet after I morph the first. But I have 8 tix now so it'll be easy to get back to 12. No interest in this first morph (skin) and will have no interest in the mount (Superian need not worry, lol). Will have to see about the personality. Have plenty of free houses already but will at least give the house a look. So for this event, I'm more interested in what else the Impresario has to sell besides frags.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 9 2021, 04:35 AM
Post #2167

Ancient
Group Icon

Here is a guide to help reset your CP Points after the Patch:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TcE...pyDw/edit#gid=0

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 9 2021, 01:15 PM
Post #2168

Paladin
Group Icon

Thank you, mALX. I noticed that on discord and it looks very helpful!

Tip I learned post update 29: The old skill Rapids from the Alliance Skill line no longer makes your horse run faster. To get that 'gallop' buff, you want to put just one point into the Alliance Skill passive 'Continuous Attack' which requires an Alliance skill level of 3. Now your horse will passively have the 'gallop' buff all the time.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 9 2021, 01:25 PM
Post #2169

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 9 2021, 07:15 AM) *

Thank you, mALX. I noticed that on discord and it looks very helpful!

Tip I learned post update 29: The old skill Rapids from the Alliance Skill line no longer makes your horse run faster. To get that 'gallop' buff, you want to put just one point into the Alliance Skill passive 'Continuous Attack' which requires an Alliance skill level of 3. Now your horse will passively have the 'gallop' buff all the time.

So they are forcing you to start spending extra skill points in the Alliance passives; which I always left off on characters unless they were actively pursuing the Alliance War. Grrrrr.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 9 2021, 04:34 PM
Post #2170

Paladin
Group Icon

Not really. If you wanted the Major Gallop buff in the past you had to spend one point on the Alliance Rapid Maneuver active skill, then slot and cast the skill. Now if you want Major Gallop, you have to spend one point in the Alliance passive skill Continuous Attack instead (no points in Rapid Maneuver required). Just one skill point either way. The only difference is that if you get the Major Gallop passive, it is active all the time - in or out of Cyrodiil without slotting or casting any skills. I think it is an improvement. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 9 2021, 05:02 PM
Post #2171

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Mar 9 2021, 10:34 AM) *

Not really. If you wanted the Major Gallop buff in the past you had to spend one point on the Alliance Rapid Maneuver active skill, then slot and cast the skill. Now if you want Major Gallop, you have to spend one point in the Alliance passive skill Continuous Attack instead (no points in Rapid Maneuver required). Just one skill point either way. The only difference is that if you get the Major Gallop passive, it is active all the time - in or out of Cyrodiil without slotting or casting any skills. I think it is an improvement. smile.gif

It will work out of Cyrodiil too? That is interesting; and that could make it worth the extra skill point expenditure. I still will need rapids though; I use it a lot in and out of Cyrodiil. (so for me, it is still an extra skill point that will need to be spent).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 17 2021, 08:24 PM
Post #2172

Paladin
Group Icon

Next event upcoming - Jester Festival Mar 25 - Apr 1. In addition to the three old quests, there are now three additional ones.

First quest each day gives you a gold box and 3 event tix. All other quests give you a regular box.

100% XP gain for 2 hours when you eat some misrule pie.

Impresario's stuff will include the third and final fragment for the skin morph.

Full details on the event here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59717

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 25 2021, 09:20 PM
Post #2173

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, right on the heels of the Jester event is the 7th Anniversary Jubilee event, Apr 1-13. More info here: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59783

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 31 2021, 08:46 PM
Post #2174

Paladin
Group Icon

Just learned a little more from Rich Lambert (ZoS) about companions in ESO. The Blackwood Chapter will launch in early June and there are two companions that you can get by questing. You can have one at a time and summon/unsummon them. Will have to see on the details but you can level them up, select the skills they will use and give them armor and weapons to use. They will use skills in the order in which you place them on their skill bar. You can assign them combat styles/roles. It is likely that more companions will become available in the future. They each have their own personality and you will be able to influence how they feel about you by your actions. What I found most exciting of all was that they can wear costumes and ride mounts from your collection! Woot!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 31 2021, 10:51 PM
Post #2175

Councilor
Group Icon

Costumes and Outfits!! I shrieked out loud. And super yay for getting to see two of our mount collection at the same time!

Mournhold is going to be a riot. Oh, and Daggerfall! laugh.gif I can't wait.

This is part of the new purchase, right? Not a base-game upgrade?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 31 2021, 11:45 PM
Post #2176

Paladin
Group Icon

I don't know for sure but I suspect it will be like Antiquities or the Psijic skills - you need the chapter to access the companion system. All I know for sure is that the companion system will be introduced as part of the Blackwood Chapter.

I'm excited to imagine that the companion system might rank right up there with the wonderful outfit system and the more recent stickerbook reconstruction system.

Edit: *slaps forhead* After thinking about this a bit I'm sure what I suspected above is indeed the case: The companions are earned by doing quests in Blackwood. So you need the chapter to do the quests to get the companions.

This post has been edited by Acadian: Apr 1 2021, 12:09 AM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 5 2021, 01:25 AM
Post #2177

Paladin
Group Icon

Something encouraging happened today. Buffy was doing the Blackwood prequel. She and Eveli were fighting a mage miniboss. The mage started putting quite a few red circles on the ground. Buffy dodged out of them while continuing to fight. We were surprised and pleased to see Eveli also dodge rolling out of the red circles when they appeared beneath her and continuing to shoot - just like a decent real player!

I've seen enemy NPCs dodge roll to avoid your telegraphed heavy attack before but have never seen an NPC (friend or foe) dodge roll out of a coming spell. I hope I'm not reading too much into it but I'd like to hope that Eveli's fine job is a byproduct from some of the combat style they've been working on for companions.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2021, 04:05 PM
Post #2178

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Apr 4 2021, 08:25 PM) *

Something encouraging happened today. Buffy was doing the Blackwood prequel. She and Eveli were fighting a mage miniboss. The mage started putting quite a few red circles on the ground. Buffy dodged out of them while continuing to fight. We were surprised and pleased to see Eveli also dodge rolling out of the red circles when they appeared beneath her and continuing to shoot - just like a decent real player!

I've seen enemy NPCs dodge roll to avoid your telegraphed heavy attack before but have never seen an NPC (friend or foe) dodge roll out of a coming spell. I hope I'm not reading too much into it but I'd like to hope that Eveli's fine job is a byproduct from some of the combat style they've been working on for companions.

This really does sound interesting! I was so disappointed when Sai Sahon didn't actually help fight that evil dragon in the Southern Elsweyr DLC, really glad they listened to the Players and gave us a companion who can actually fight alongside us! I am excited about that addition too, glad to hear it is working "as planned!" ( laugh.gif )

How do we get the prologue quest?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 5 2021, 05:17 PM
Post #2179

Paladin
Group Icon

Though it is possible to find the prologue quest while exploring, it is much simpler to just get it free from the crown store in game. You buy it (free) and the quest appears in your quest log.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 15 2021, 06:24 PM
Post #2180

Councilor
Group Icon

Another Currency? Don't we already have enough?

I presume this is a response to the various countries that are working on legislation to ban in-game gambling, but I would have thought that you could earn one of the ones already in there, like gems, and not need a new one.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post

118 Pages V « < 107 108 109 110 111 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:40 AM