213 Pages V « < 179 180 181 182 183 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
Grits
post Sep 25 2019, 01:20 AM
Post #3601

Councilor
Group Icon

They really were stinkers! He did a lot of running, as you can imagine. laugh.gif I would never have had the confidence to just stroll in there without the quest to push Jerric in that direction, and if anyone had been online I would have asked for help! But I'm glad it worked out this way. He was pretty pleased when that last centurion fell. (And then not at all pleased at the skellies!)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 25 2019, 02:20 AM
Post #3602

Paladin
Group Icon

Oh yes, those skellies after the fight are a frustrating surprise the first time you do that dungeon. Sort of like first go through Elden Hollow 1 - kill the final boss only to die trying to get out of the dungeon! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 25 2019, 04:14 PM
Post #3603

Councilor
Group Icon

Our WB romp made Jerric want to return to Coldharbour and smack some more daedra around. Dizzying Swing is so fun, it's bound to be next on the nerf block. Happily he has a short memory and is enjoying the quests again in his Warden pants.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 25 2019, 05:13 PM
Post #3604

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 25 2019, 11:14 AM) *

Our WB romp made Jerric want to return to Coldharbour and smack some more daedra around. Dizzying Swing is so fun, it's bound to be next on the nerf block. Happily he has a short memory and is enjoying the quests again in his Warden pants.

Unna morphed hers to Wrecking Blow, because we imagined Dizzy would just knock enemies out of range in two swipes. Presumably they run back for more, and we shouldn't have worried?

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Sep 25 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #3605

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Sep 25 2019, 12:13 PM) *

Unna morphed hers to Wrecking Blow, because we imagined Dizzy would just knock enemies out of range in two swipes. Presumably they run back for more, and we shouldn't have worried?

Jerric likes to lay down Subterranean Assault and then knock them onto it with Dizzying Swing. Sometimes they hit at the same time. While they’re stunned he deals with whoever’s next to him, then jumps on with a Reverse Slice. Good fun. Unna is right, he has to move to them to finish the fight. In a little group he tries to Dizzy the mages who have to be chased down anyway.

Like Unna, Elke uses Wrecking Blow. She works light attacks in where Jerric does not. Also she does not want to knock enemies out of her AoEs. She lays down a death zone and then fights in it, while he jumps around like a maniac. (I suspect that Elke is less annoying to work with!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Sep 30 2019, 02:07 PM
Post #3606

Councilor
Group Icon

Floozie finished her last trait for 8 in everything (except jewelry) so she celebrated with a lap of Craglorn. She picked up a Potent Nirncrux, so now Blossom has the final piece banked for her 9/9 research. She can't start that last one until a slot opens, but that's only a few days away.

Bo started her last (for 8 traits) too. Laurie still has over a month before she can start the last Jewel trait.

Because we're saving up for one of the 3.8 million gold mansions, she's not buying motif pages, and the writs storage chest is getting full. We have 2.3 million so far, and a day's writs for everyone can bring in 50k, if I don't spend all my time making Skyrim mods.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 30 2019, 02:57 PM
Post #3607

Paladin
Group Icon

Grits, so glad Jerric is enjoying stamwarding! Buffy can play a stamwarden but she is (of course) bow/bow when doing so. Wardens are pretty fun.

Ghastley, I only keep one game installed on my puter so deciding which one to play is easy. Keeping Buffy on task can be challenging though. Is that a butterfly? Ooh, what is that glow over there? tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
treydog
post Oct 1 2019, 01:33 AM
Post #3608

Master
Group Icon

Athynae is chasing shards and quests and the elusive level 50... so that Hrolf can make her some really good Stamblade gear....

She dumped some Alliance assault gear in the guild bank if anyone needs it--- please feel free.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 1 2019, 05:45 PM
Post #3609

Mouth
Group Icon

Last night, Cincy experienced the Aldmeri Dominion questline, the last of the 3 alliances for him. Cadwell's gold has now been finished! He also knocked out a bunch of other quests, and for the first time in a long time (since before my 1.5 year-long hiatus from the game) is down to a single-digit number of quests in his journal.

On the combat skill front, Cincy hit level 50 in Dual Wielding this past week and has all of the passives there. His Two-Handed skill is rising tremendously quickly and is now at 43. It is so much easier to level combat skills up when you are at a good Champion level. I've found Dual Wielding to be way more fun than One Hand and Shield, but I'm probably most effective with the latter.

I'm mostly going to worry about hunting for Skyshards for now so that I can get all the passives for Two-Handed for Cincy and then have some left over for when I start leveling up his Bow skill. But I would also like to continue the Murkmire questline soon as well. After all, Cincy is from Lilmoth.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 1 2019, 08:03 PM
Post #3610

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, Cincy's been moving fast! The Greenshade Wilderking/queen quests are among Buffy's faves in the game. Hope you enjoy Murkmire.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 2 2019, 06:06 PM
Post #3611

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Sep 24 2019, 03:03 PM) *

Oh my gosh you guys. Warden Jerric spent some time today working through the fetch quests in his log both to deal with the clutter and to push his last new skills into the morphs that he wants. (Not quite done yet.) One of them sent him to a ruin with some lady’s notebook. Oh hey, he says at the door, this is one of those group dungeons. I’ll just pop in, she’s probably right by the door.

She was right by the door. But of course once she got her book she had some more use for him. One thing led to another, and that’s how Warden Jerric soloed Volenfell! viking.gif

HOLY COW!!!! That is an amazing feat, Congratulations to Warden Jerric!!! Does he keep healing on his bar too? Really proud of you both; that was a real proving grounds of your abilities!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 7 2019, 02:42 PM
Post #3612

Councilor
Group Icon

Blossom has started her final (non-jewel) trait research of a Nirnhoned Dagger. Only she and Laurie are still doing any research, as I stopped most of the others at 8 traits (5 for jewelry), and Laurie only has the 9th Jewel trait to go.

Spreads is the designated deconstructer for jewels at present, and she just went Skyshard hunting to take advantage of her skill level (23). She's hinting that her Blacksmithing and Clothier also need some points, but the 50+ skyshards would be a major session, as she's only Rank 1 in those, even at level 50. We may compromise a bit, as there are plenty of mats at all levels in our craft bag.

Daily writs have been a bit neglected, with usually only Unna doing a round when she collects the log-in reward and her hireling mail. She's the only one with hirelings, and we did that to read the mail. Now they're repeating themselves, we could re-spec her skills and drop them, as grinding up drops gives us all we need.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 7 2019, 02:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 7 2019, 06:45 PM
Post #3613

Mouth
Group Icon

As of a few nights ago, Cincy finally has some legendary (gold) equipment! Found some fairly cheap rosin for woodworking, so now his shield, destruction staff, and bow are at max quality. In the process of gathering some tempering alloy for Blacksmithing, but I don't want to go crazy buying stuff and the alloy is more expensive than rosin. I'll also need a lot more alloy since so much of my equipment needs it. I don't want to take any chances of destroying my equipment, so I will not upgrade them until I have 100% chance to improve it. Have the passives that lower the amount of tempers needed as well.

If anybody has tempering alloy and would be willing to part with it, I will gladly trade my leftover rosin (3) and the few units of dreugh wax (for clothing) I have for them. With max temper expertise passive, I need 8 tempering alloy per weapon/piece of heavy armor. Which means I need...a whopping 80 tempering alloy to get all legendary equipment...

Also just finished the Murkmire questline. Tying up loose ends in Coldharbour, mostly the missing skyshards, is next.

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: Oct 7 2019, 06:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 7 2019, 09:21 PM
Post #3614

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Oct 7 2019, 01:45 PM) *

As of a few nights ago, Cincy finally has some legendary (gold) equipment! Found some fairly cheap rosin for woodworking, so now his shield, destruction staff, and bow are at max quality. In the process of gathering some tempering alloy for Blacksmithing, but I don't want to go crazy buying stuff and the alloy is more expensive than rosin. I'll also need a lot more alloy since so much of my equipment needs it. I don't want to take any chances of destroying my equipment, so I will not upgrade them until I have 100% chance to improve it. Have the passives that lower the amount of tempers needed as well.

If anybody has tempering alloy and would be willing to part with it, I will gladly trade my leftover rosin (3) and the few units of dreugh wax (for clothing) I have for them. With max temper expertise passive, I need 8 tempering alloy per weapon/piece of heavy armor. Which means I need...a whopping 80 tempering alloy to get all legendary equipment...

Also just finished the Murkmire questline. Tying up loose ends in Coldharbour, mostly the missing skyshards, is next.

I remember Misa doing one piece of armor at a time improving them to gold. Sometimes it would be weeks to a month before the next piece would be golded; and sometimes I'd get lucky and be able to do two in one week, lol. But yeah; we pieced ours out too. I did the weapons first; then worked on the armor.

To get the tempers for metal = pick up any metal ore you see in your travels; and refine it when you get back. (you HAVE to set the refiner to 1 , don't do them all at once or you won't get all your tempers from the refining).

Don't click too fast, either. If you are slow and regular in your refining you should get a temper out of the refining at approximately once every 50-100 units you refine. If you do the Daily Writs; they sometimes pay in Surveys = do the Surveys for huge stacks of materials to refine (meaning more tempers).

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 7 2019, 09:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 7 2019, 09:23 PM
Post #3615

Paladin
Group Icon

Rader, grats of golding out some of your gear. Your priorities probably should be weapons. Then 'big' armor bits (helm, chest, legs, shield), then small armors. Many players never even bother going beyond purple on jewelry since the return there is not very much from purple to gold.

Anyway, sent you an in game PM with some blacksmithing gold and purple tempers attached. Call it a gift so no need to give up some of your other tempers; you're at the stage where you pretty much need to keep building up your supplies. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 7 2019, 09:55 PM
Post #3616

Master
Group Icon

Shonta Quassan, the Argonian knight, killed a deathclaw. cool.gif A big feat for the tiny Argonian.

He seems to be the only one walking around, everyone else seems to be running. laugh.gif He also met some Nord woman that obviously likes to jump from balconies.

P.S.
I was "afraid" that being with other players would bother me, but in fact I find actions of some of them very funny. bigsmile.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Oct 8 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #3617

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 7 2019, 04:21 PM) *

I remember Misa doing one piece of armor at a time improving them to gold. Sometimes it would be weeks to a month before the next piece would be golded; and sometimes I'd get lucky and be able to do two in one week, lol. But yeah; we pieced ours out too. I did the weapons first; then worked on the armor.

To get the tempers for metal = pick up any metal ore you see in your travels; and refine it when you get back. (you HAVE to set the refiner to 1 , don't do them all at once or you won't get all your tempers from the refining).

Don't click too fast, either. If you are slow and regular in your refining you should get a temper out of the refining at approximately once every 50-100 units you refine. If you do the Daily Writs; they sometimes pay in Surveys = do the Surveys for huge stacks of materials to refine (meaning more tempers).

I do pick up every metal I can (which is now just rubedite ore), but I didn't know about not doing all the tempers at once. Thanks for the tips.

QUOTE(Acadian @ Oct 7 2019, 04:23 PM) *

Rader, grats of golding out some of your gear. Your priorities probably should be weapons. Then 'big' armor bits (helm, chest, legs, shield), then small armors. Many players never even bother going beyond purple on jewelry since the return there is not very much from purple to gold.

Anyway, sent you an in game PM with some blacksmithing gold and purple tempers attached. Call it a gift so no need to give up some of your other tempers; you're at the stage where you pretty much need to keep building up your supplies. smile.gif

Thanks! You are da real MVP once again, Acadian. Yeah, I'm making sure to get my blades (Ashenblade for 2-handed, Axe of Trinimac's Valor and Rubedite Axe of Shock for Dual Wield, and that same rubedite axe for One Hand and Shield) gold next.

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 7 2019, 04:55 PM) *

Shonta Quassan, the Argonian knight, killed a deathclaw. cool.gif A big feat for the tiny Argonian.

He seems to be the only one walking around, everyone else seems to be running. laugh.gif He also met some Nord woman that obviously likes to jump from balconies.

P.S.
I was "afraid" that being with other players would bother me, but in fact I find actions of some of them very funny. bigsmile.gif

Egg-kin! I, too, am an Argonian Dragonknight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Oct 8 2019, 07:09 AM
Post #3618

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Oct 7 2019, 04:55 PM) *

P.S.

That was exactly how I felt starting out; but then quickly found it was so entertaining to see what other people do for fun in this game - especially on the weekends! Just this past weekend they were seeing how many Players could balance on a lamp post in a town I was in. They were tumbling off; and squeezing around on that little post, it was hilarious!

Once in Mournhold a whole group mounted on horseback was trying to balance their horses on top of the store awnings.

Sometimes the Mages get together in Daggerfall and put on "light shows" with their magic spells - that is Awesome to watch!

Also, I've had a lot of new-to-the-game players come up to me and ask me to trade with them = if someone does this to you and you see their character's level is very low = they are usually really young Japanese boys; and it is a part of their culture for the elders to give them a present. I asked the first one, what did he want? He said: "Something that will help a new Player."

So I usually give them some lockpicks, or soul gems, or some food if I have some that works for a low level character. If you give them a present, they will ask to be friends. I always say yes; but they never bother you after that; it is just some kind of way for them to thank you for the gift.

But when I first started this game; (I never asked anyone for a gift) but a lot of people just saw my low level and just stopped me and gave me gifts! It was so nice that I fell in love with the game because of it.

I haven't seen as much of that going on anymore; maybe because I don't have a young character anymore. But I still love it when the low level Players come up to me and ask for a gift = love that we can give gifts in this game!

This post has been edited by mALX: Oct 8 2019, 07:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Oct 8 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #3619

Councilor
Group Icon

Talking of gifts: let us know when you get a few levels in, and decide what kind of character Shonta is going to be. We'll make some matched armour at the appropriate level, with a set bonus, and a Training trait to help you advance quicker. We all do that for our own alternate characters - usually making a new set every ten levels. Unfortunately the hand-me-downs only work within an account, but the lower-level gear is cheap to make anyway., and the materials for it pile up a bit. We're only using up the top-level stuff.

Our alternates get the advantage of our Champion points, too, but we can't help you with that. tongue.gif

We made Cincinnatus a set of tank armour for the guild meet a little over a month ago, and it was a big help for the rest of us who did the group dungeon together. We're not just doing it for you, it helps the team.

His was Fortified Brass - a tank set usually made in Heavy. We'd normally make Julianos (light) for a mage, and Hunding's Rage (Medium) for the others. The materials match the levels, of course.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Oct 8 2019, 05:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 8 2019, 07:02 PM
Post #3620

Master
Group Icon

Thanks, that's very kind, I will do it once I get to know the game and Shonta better.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 179 180 181 182 183 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:40 AM