3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Skyrim Home and Garden Tour
Grits
post Jun 5 2013, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

I don’t know about you folks, but I love house tours. Not the perfect mansion tours, but the ones where you get a peek at how other people actually live. Artist studio tours, urban chicken coop tours, and the old neighborhoods where people restore their own homes are my favorites. So that gave me an idea.

I like to spend time letting my characters arrange their living spaces. I don’t take pictures because they’re never “done,” and then when they die I wish I had more pictures to look at. So here we go!

Here’s a place where you can show off your characters’ homes. It can be a mod, some lair they took over, a pure vanilla purchased dwelling, wherever they’ve decided to live. Don’t be shy about posting snapshots of your TV, I want to see them. I’d also love to see exterior spaces and Hearthfire gardens. Who has a poisoner’s garden? Who loves their vegetable soup? Plus it would be fun to hear the hows and whys of their choices.

(I put this thread here in the spoilers section because I want the freedom to show and discuss unique or quest items.)

Thank you for sharing, and welcome to the tour! smile.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 5 2013, 04:14 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

I’ll start off with a quick one since the game is deleted and I only took two pictures.

Allek and Marcurio’s Honeyside

Allek and Marcurio were not very domestic, but their home had two notable features.

One was the pre-patch wandering mannequins. Here is the one wearing Allek’s wedding attire, the Mythic Dawn robes. That room became the showplace for many of their less useful Daedric artifacts, but the weapon rack still looks pretty boring in this picture. That Dwemer rod ended up hanging on the plaque over their bed.

The other nice feature was Marcurio’s study. Iona once lived at Honeyside as Allek’s Housecarl, but after the wedding she really got on his nerves. When Marcurio made some snappy remark to Allek while she was in the room loudly chewing (probably the outraged “I am a wizard” one), Allek decided she had to go. So he gave her to Boethiah. He told Marcurio that she was off visiting her mother. Then he turned her room into Marcurio’s study.

Sadly this is a really crap picture. I’ll tell you what you can’t see. Marcurio is sitting at his writing table. There is a basket with rolled parchment next to the endtable and a stack of books to his right. That endtable held his scrolls and extra potions. The big cupboard was full of alchemy supplies, and the dresser not in the picture was full of soul gems. Allek placed a silver bowl full of black soul gems on its surface. This was before we realized that dropping soul gems EMPTIES THEM, so he wasted a lot of bandit souls in the making of Marcurio’s Soul Bowl. But the point is he loved doing it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 5 2013, 07:10 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Neat idea Grits!

Hera built a home in Riverwood (or that is, I built her a home in Riverwood...) She always liked the quiet atmosphere of the little village, so she retired there after winning the war.

An outside view

The upstairs was an ordinary Nord dwelling. Your basic living space: beds, table, fireplace, and so on.

Hera put a map on one wall so she could plan her future travels

The basement was a working area, with anvil, sharpening wheel, alchemy table, etc...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 5 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

How fun, peeking into some SkyRealEstate! No northern dwellings for me I'm afraid (brrrr), so I'll have to be content to just look. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 6 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh hell yes. :0 I actually had this idea for a thread awhile back, but never implemented it. I'm glad you started it instead, Gritsy. I'll definitely be adding. Yeah, y'all gotta see Lucia and LHM's place, decorated with flowers and gems all over their bedrooms. Mycharonna's little shack looks rather ordinary up top, but once your are in the cellar, it's totally pimped-out with treasures.

biggrin.gif

For some reason, my internet device wouldn't open up your links, Grits, but i could see Hera's place just fine. Hera likes a simple layout, I can see. Spacious, and uncluttered. Ha! Wait'll you see my characters places! Somewhat the opposite. LHM is kind of a slob, matter of fact. But he (and Lucia, and Mjoll also) try their darndest.

I'll check your places out, Grits, once I am on a real comptuer.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 6 2013, 01:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 6 2013, 02:56 AM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

SubRosa I was hoping you’d share some of the homes you’ve created! smile.gif I love the way there are coins scattered on the table next to Hera. Like she emptied her pockets there. That map looks great! It’s nice to see that rather than an animal head on the wall.

Acadian, thanks for stopping by! A chilly tour is a good excuse for some mulled wine by the fire later. IPB Image

Renee, I’m looking forward to your additions! It’s fun to see how the characters I read about live.

I’m going to do a photo shoot tomorrow, probably Uthgerd’s house. Of course announcing my plan usually cues some emergency, so we’ll see what happens. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 6 2013, 04:04 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Uthgerd’s House: A Whiterun Rental

Welcome to Jerric and Darnand’s home away from Cyrodiil.

Uthgerd’s house can be “rented” by taking her as a follower (you have to hand her a beatdown first), getting her key, and putting the rent money in her inventory. Then you can dismiss her. She’ll go back to the Bannered Mare and never come into her house. The house lacks certain amenities like… pretty much everything. Jerric enjoys cooking next door and hoofing it across town to make potions. Darnand does not, but he needs to get out more anyway.

So, let’s go inside.

Just inside the front door to the right you’ll find the alchemy ingredients storage and the kettle where Darnand stashes his staves. The guys keep a few things handy on top of the dresser. When they’re going out for the evening Jerric likes to pop a few slaughterfish eggs first as he tends to over-indulge (resist poison). Darnand is always chewing thistle stems. He gets cold.

To the left of the front door is Jerric’s cleanup area. Supplies are on the table. He keeps spare blades in the kettle, mostly for practice. You will not see Frostbiter or Kyne’s Fury tossed into the kettle. Note that he leaves his boots by the door. Jerric’s Ma taught him that.

Under the stairs is another Jerric zone with more supplies for armor and weapon repair. There’s a basket full of books under there, too. Some might be alarmed by the casual placement of a Daedric artifact. Jerric has learned that if you don’t use them, you lose them. He’s hoping that will happen soon. There’s a good chance Darnand will hurt himself while he’s studying it. So Jerric uses it as a weight to lift while he’s thinking, which is surely not pleasing to Malacath.

The kitchen area is just a table and storage area, including the critical mead storage basket. Jerric cooks next door at Amren’s house. The guys eat out a lot. Mostly at the Mare.

My favorite feature is the fireplace. It’s just so pretty. I have no idea why Jerric keeps dragging troll skulls home, but he does. That’s the only place where Darnand won’t trip over them. That’s Jerric’s chair.

To the right of the hearth is Darnand’s desk. Here’s a closeup. The skull was there when they rented the place, and it seemed disrespectful to move it. I’m pretty sure that’s Jerric’s piece of cheese.

The upstairs hall houses the weapon and armor storage. Jerric is pretty good about putting things away, but his old shields really don’t fit anywhere.

This display case is stuck open. Jerric dropped a strange dagger in there, but otherwise it’s kind of a missed opportunity decorating-wise. Of course now Darnand has noticed it. I wonder what he’ll put there.

Darnand’s bedtime reading is on the dresser, and Jerric’s overnight empties are in the washstand.

We pretend that there are two of these. The guys are close, but not that close. Jerric’s pet torchbug is a good night light.

Their house looks pretty much the same in Darnand’s game. The main difference is fewer troll skulls.

Help yourself to some mead and stay a while if you like. I hope you enjoyed the tour! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 6 2013, 04:19 PM
Post #8

Paladin
Group Icon

Thanks for the fun tour of Jerric and Darnand's bachelor pad in Skyrim! There's certainly no doubt about which stuff belongs to which fellow. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 6 2013, 05:12 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

I took several screens of the interior last night, but the weather outside wasn't very nice. Hopefully 'Aravi Manor' will make it up sometime tonight!

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 6 2013, 11:20 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Now that was an impressive episode of Skyrim Cribs! I love the cauldron filled with swords! I just about gave up trying to place loose items in my character's houses, given what a pain in the neck it can be. I generally do it all in the construction kit instead.

I took a look through my Skyrim pics folder, and sadly do not have much more on houses. I have on interior shot of Hrafn's house in Dawnstar. I also have a couple of exteriors of Le Chevalier D'Eon's version of Lakeview. But that is about all. I suppose I could fire those saves up and take more pics, but neither is really that interesting from the inside.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 7 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #11

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice pix, Gritsy. smile.gif And what a fun tour. I agree with SubRosa, I almost feel like this thread could be on HGN. Or MTV Cribs.

I still haven't got anything ready yet, but I will. Heh heh heh....Can't wait to show you Mycharonna's place!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jun 8 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

I like your house, SubRosa! Was it difficult working with navmeshes? I used to make homes for all my Morrowind and Oblivion characters but I've been kind of intimidated by navmeshes and haven't yet made any houses in Skyrim.

I just barely got the hang of pathgrids and they go and change it. Sheesh. smile.gif
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 8 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

I'll post mine in a bit. Kayla hasn't made her house into a home quite yet. :]

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 8 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jun 8 2013, 03:26 PM) *

I like your house, SubRosa! Was it difficult working with navmeshes? I used to make homes for all my Morrowind and Oblivion characters but I've been kind of intimidated by navmeshes and haven't yet made any houses in Skyrim.

I just barely got the hang of pathgrids and they go and change it. Sheesh. smile.gif

I have not the first clue how to add navmeshes. I just leave them out of the houses I make. Since I do not use followers, it does not really matter. My character is the only one ever inside them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 9 2013, 12:12 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

I believe there is a button that auto-generates the nav meshes and from what I have heard, it does a pretty good job.

--------------------

+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 9 2013, 03:22 AM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Here is Aravi’s home, or what some people have nicknamed ‘Aravi Manor’.

First is the garden. It was planted with beauty over functionality in mind, which is why there are only flowers present.

The main room inside is the great hall, where the dining table and the fireplace are. This seems to be Kharjo’s favorite room, he is most often found in here or in the small room behind the fireplace. Aravi has placed some of the things she has found in her travels in this room, and she also has some pelts on the floor by the fireplace. They are nice to stand or sit on.

The next room is her greenhouse. This contains mostly plants she uses for poisons and regenerate health effects. There are some potato and leek plants as well for cooking. This will probably get replanted in the near future, because she’s added a lot to her knowledge of alchemy.

This is part of her library tower. Included mostly for Darnand. She has some spell tomes among the other books. They are either in schools of magic that she doesn’t use, or they are above her capability.

Her bedroom. There is a small bowl of glowdust on the end table closest to the camera. The dragon claw WAS sitting pretty, but as soon as I reloaded it came up like that. On the chest at the foot of the bed, there is a sprig each of frost mirriam, snow berries, and lavender.

She spends a lot of time when she’s home in this room: the alchemy tower. She keeps all of her ingredients in this room, along with some enchanted items to make her potions more potent.

Another view of the main hall.

Sammy the Skeever in the basement. One of those bowls has a piece of cheese. Aravi often finds the cheese somewhere on the floor when she comes down.

Outside on the ‘point’ tower. This is above the alchemy lab.

Another view.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 9 2013, 03:34 AM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

KC, loved the tour of Aravi's home! She looks chilly outside in that loin kini! biggrin.gif

Her bedroom is awesome!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 9 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

Yay, Aravi Manor! Now J&D are going to have to put a lid on the Library Towers. I forgot she has one covered.

The flowers in the garden must make the mead taste better (via the apiary). tongue.gif I like how the workbench looks in the main hall dining area. What a cute picture with Sammy!

Aravi’s library looks great! I know a mage who will be right over. And that’s perfect porch weather. Almost time to break out the mead and start hurling fireballs.

Thanks for the tour, KC! And thanks to Aravi for the scenic outfit! biggrin.gif

My Dunmer Lleduri Indaram has dragged a few things home from Solstheim for her Windstad Manor. I’ll take some pictures after her next trip. Right now she just has some mazte and a giant cricket leg on the table. She sure doesn’t have much furniture.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 18 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow I love the greenhouse and the pic of Aravi up on the tower, KC. ... LHM has yet to build a tower, but after seeing that spectacular view ... a tower is definitely on the list.

I got a bunch of pictures together for Mycharonna, good lord it is a lot of work getting them organized with just a cell camera, emails and Photobucket. I don't wanna present her lair just yet, though.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 18 2013, 05:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 20 2013, 08:49 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

First let me make it clear that this is NOT my work, it’s two mods by the amazingly talented Shezrie. I fell instantly in love with her Hearthfire kitchen and was crushed (really, I was sad!) to find it gone without a trace when I finally had the game on my laptop.

But now! They’re back on Steam workshop, or whatever it’s called. So here are a couple of pics from the back rooms of my crew’s Hearthfire house, interiors by Shezrie. I was so delighted to find these, I wanted to let folks know they are available. You build the main hall and don’t furnish the back room for the kitchen mod. The greenhouse mod goes into the empty storage room wing. I built mine with bedroom/storage/armory wings to get the wraparound porch. Now I just need a huge library with desks mod to go in the empty armory space. hehe.gif

Kitchen 1.

Kitchen 2.

Looking into greenhouse (storage room wing).

Inside the greenhouse. Those are Abiene's plants. The planters work just like the regular ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:22 PM