53 Pages V « < 51 52 53  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What are you reading?
Decrepit
post Oct 25 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #1041

Mouth
Group Icon

As expected, a two-book Amazon shipment arrived late Monday morning. It included volume one of Katharine Kerr's The Silver Wyrm. However, the day prior I ceased reading Stephen Donaldson's Lord Faul's Bane, fearing I might become hooked and end up reading the entire First and Second Chronicles. Chose instead Larwence Watt-Evans' The Misenchanted Sword, a book read four times, most recently late Feb 2006. A safer bet, I thought. Nope, I'm hooked. Gonna finish it before tackling Kerr. (I'm maybe halfway through.) A plus; though I own several other Watt-Evans books set in same world, and they do relate to each other, they're all standalone novels. I'll be less tempted to read the lot before moving on. Or so I hope.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Oct 28 2019, 10:45 AM
Post #1042

Mouth
Group Icon

At 0257 this morning, awake for some time after waking with a neck too sore to allow sleep, I finished my fourth read of Lawrence Watt-Evans' The Miscenchanted Sword. An enjoyable book. Rather low key, featuring someone about as far from a 'hero' or 'villian' as possible. Just your average Joe (for his time and setting) who chances upon a brief magical encounter in his twenties and has to cope with its aftermath the rest of his (intentionally) mundane life. I like this sort of character. They're encountered too seldom in fantasy literature (as main characters) to suit me.

With the above behind me, I can now resume Katharine Kerr's Deverry novels, and will begin The Gold Falcon later today.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Nov 5 2019, 02:11 AM
Post #1043

Mouth
Group Icon

At 1037 today, during lunch, I finished my initial read of Katharine Kerr's The Gold Falcon, book one of The Sllver Wyrm, a novel of Deverry. As with previous Deverry entries it is entertaining, but not a book I can rave about. I'm already some pages into its followup, The Spirit Stone.

--------------------
+Quote Post

53 Pages V « < 51 52 53
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th November 2019 - 09:09 AM