Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

120 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Cyrodiil, spoilers version, TES: 4 Oblivion character accounts & stories
Renee
post Jun 29 2013, 01:31 AM
Post #21

Councilor
Group Icon

That's beautiful, Liz. I know somebody named Kayla, although she spells it 'Kela. wink.gif

And now, let me present (finally) the final chapter of Joan of Arkay's Tutorial Dungeon story. For those do not remember, Emperor Uriel Septim VII has just been assasinated, after which Joan and Baurus had a little chat. Baurus guessed she might be a Monk by class. Pretty good guess, in the sense that Monks are often religious.

Now, Baurus has sent Joan on her way, and she hopes to find her way out of the Imperial Sewers.

Tirdas, 6:36 pm
Last Seed 28, 3E433

Joan of Arkay

Race: Breton
Birgthsign: The Ritual
Class: War Cleric
Level: 1
Health: 60
Magicka: 160
Fatigue: 145

"Are you sure you will be okay? All alone down here?"

"You need to get out of here. There's no telling who will come through here, the Blades or more assassins".

Joan of Arkay heeds the words of Baurus, the Redguard Blade who has decided he'll be "guarding the fallen Emperor".

"Well. If you think you shall be okay, perhaps I will go, then. I will be sussing up help from the outside, as well."

With these words, Joan reluctantly turns to go.

"Farewell", Baurus says.

(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-

9:07 pm
First place she finds herself is in a VERY dark, rather large and rather smelly area, made of stone. It is so dark, she can barely see her hand in front of her face. Light does filter from far above here and there, but it's very weak, and this is the only light she's got to go by. Joan cautions her torch, lighting it for a moment, and then snuffing it out. There are stairs to her left, going downwards.

"I don't like where this is going!" she scream-whispers.

With no other choice, she makes her way slowly down these stairs. She's fully armed now, but it is VERY dark in here. Over the past few hours, Joan has fought rats, goblins, and even an undead zombie. She's seen plenty of rats in her day, but none as large as the ones down here! Sewer rats could be as large as dogs.

The goblins were worse. They fought savagely, and could leap through the air with ease. Joan had only read about these in the past, during her former training. Fighting a goblin one-on-one? .. She was happy to have been fully-equipped with a shield, armor, and short sword when she encountered her first--.

"ARRAH!"

...the goblin screams up ahead! She hears it, and then sees it as it walks directly in front of her. Although trained as a warrior, Joan had been crouched down like a cowardly nightblade when the goblin passed literally inches away.

Taking no chances, Joan slices at the goblin's back

"HAAAGH!"

... and misses!

"AAAHHEEAHHH" it screams in its arcane language.

The goblin rushes her, she BLOCKS with her shield, and manages a few strikes on the creature, stunning it a bit? It's hard to tell, it's so dark in here! Finally, Joan backed up a few feet and then tossed a fireball into its face, AhhAAYEEAAA! killing it instantly.

And again, it is pitch black.

(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-(-

Note: I was gonna keep writing, but I forgot my cell camera at work! I'm too addicted to taking pictures with Joan, and i wanna get one when she walks outside to Cyrodiil. So that's all for now. A shortie.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Jun 29 2013, 02:19 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jun 30 2013, 04:25 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Sundas 6:23 am
Heartfire 16, 4E438

Days Passed: 21

Health: 60
Magicka: 90
Fatigue: 145

"Well met".

"Excuse me. Might I beg pardons of ye?"

"You need to see Ugak if you want to buy a horse. She's inside."

"Oh, of course. Silly me. They don't make a stablehand handle all the gold, after all," Lady Saga says this, and then immediately regrets saying it. "I mean ... um..."

But Tilmo the stablehand does not seem to notice any implied insult. "Farewell," he says brightly, on this fine sunny Sundas.

With over 600 gold in her pockets after just three weeks in Cyrodiil, Saga is already seeking purchase of a horse. But she is not sure if she has enough gold, yet. A horse will be important, in the days and weeks ahead. Important for survival.

Before leaving Cyrodiil four years ago, she remembers the wilds had become somewhat overrun with greater beasts. Trolls, bears, dire wolves, that sort of thing. Her magic and combat skills had simply not been sharp enough. Now that she's back, she's realized over the past few days that she has yet to see any of these menaces, even after a two-day long journey from Anvil to Skingrad. But that doesn't mean the beasts aren't still around; perhaps it's due to the fact that she stayed on the road (where it's safe) that she's made it to Anvil in one piece.

There's a chance that the odd population explosion of dastardly beasts several years ago has been tamed by other adventurers, Imperial patrols, and the like, but Saga's taking no chances.

The day before she had shown up to the Skingrad Mage's Guild, and found a woman named Adrienne Berene in charge of the Skingrad chapter.

"I trust you have a good reason for interrupting me!?"
Adrienne had scolded at the blonde wood elf who had shown up way too early in the morning.

"Absolutely, fine deb. I am Lady Saga, prospective associate, seeking companionship with this chapter of yours. I am new here in Skingrad.--"

....but Adrienne had cut her off....

"Hmmm? what? I'm rather busy right now," she had said, despite the fact that she appeared to have just woken up. "Oh, is this about joining the Mage's Guild? I suppose I could spare the time, if necessary."

Off to a rocky start, Adrienne had then given Saga her first task: find out what happened to Erthor, a rogue mage who had recently vanished.

"Erthor?" Saga had asked, surprised to hear his name once again. Last time she saw Erthor was in Valenwood, almost four years ago. "Erthor? ... You did say Erthor, right? Well of course I would love to suss him out." Saga had smiled slightly. "What sort of recalcitrance has he gotten himself into this time?"

"Excellent. I just don't have the time to search for him again, but I do need to consult him about some notes he borrowed. You might want to ask around, and see if anyone can be of some help. Let me know when he's back, and you'll have your recommendation."

"Ask around?"
Saga quipped. "I do not think such a diversion will be of necessity. I think I know exactly where he might be hiding," she had said slyly.

And so now here she is, on this fine Sundas morning. A Sundas which could not be any finer, Aerin thinks to herself, before entering the shack where all the money gets exchanged.

/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_

9:46 am

"I've killed far worse than YOU."

"What? Killed far worse than you...what sort of a greeting is that?"

Even for an orc, that's a pretty rude greeting, Saga thinks, and then she thinks that perhaps she should be a little rude in return. But then she corrects herself. She's here to do business, after all. She can be in and out in five minutes.

"You want a horse? I can sell you one. There are no finer Bay horses than those sold by the Grateful Pass Stables," Ugak gra-Mogakh now answers, much more bright and friendly.

Well that is better. Perhaps she didn't sleep well.

"I am not sure I have the coin, as of yet."

Ignoring Saga's hesitation, Ugak breaks into her spiel. Her sales pitch. Ever since coming to Cyrodiil and landing this job, one of her favorite moments is when she gets to try to sway a customer. "Our Bay horses are faster than the Paint horses and tougher than the Chestnut. You'll be proud to own one."

Her voice is confident, her technique refined, and over the past several years it's been rare that she's lost a sale. Who would dare try to swindle an orc? .... She brings in thousands if not tens of thousands of gold to Skingrad every year, and feels momentarily proud to be considered to be not only an orc, but a trusted citizen, one who is good at her everyday tasks.

"And the price? A thousand gold? Well I am afraid I have not got that!"

"You mean you're too poor?" Ugak accuses. "That's a fair price for this horse!"

"Yes I know..." Saga nearly stammers, realizing that orcs are the worst when it comes to temperance. Ugak's mood could turn ugly, Saga realizes. "...I was just ....um... seeking prospection. That a horse could ... um ... be bought? And for how much? I have not the coin as of yet, but in a few days--"

"STOP ... TALKING!" Ugak scolds again, really annoyed now. Damn little elf she thinks, but does not say.

Over the past several years, Ugak's little problem with customers and rudeness has been addressed so many times, she's lost count. But she's getting better at not being rude. And this is part of her job, of course. And she's good at her job.

"I will .... show myself outside, then."

8:15 pm
Hours go by, and stars begin glittering in the sky by the time she finally finds the place she believes Erthor might be hiding. He's been caught in here before, after all. Saga remembers there were a group of Standing Stones nearby, and once she sees these stones, she gives herself a little pat on the back.

"No trolls. No bears. No giant wolves," she says to herself.

She's made it here safely. Once she is actually inside of Bleak Flats Cave, she thinks she will be okay. Not only has she got her bow and plenty of arrows, but she's got poison, and lots of it.

"Has Erthor been up to his old tricks again? Creation of zombies?"

She does not remember whether or not zombies can be affected by poison, but assuming they can be, she'll have no problem dealing with these menaces. On her journey to Skingrad, she collected many samples of nightshade, peony seeds, sacred lotus seeds, and even wisp stalks (inside of Cursed Mine). She had been able to make many poisons, once she made it to Skingrad.

"Alright Erthor, you bugger. Here I come. Remember me? Remember who you left behind four years ago? Well here I come...."

9:09 pm
Bleak Flats Cave. Now that she's actually here Lady Saga puts on an extra air of caution, as she suddenly remembers that four years ago, this place had been rumored to contain a powerful vampiress named Eradication or something odd like this. Vampires? Zombies? ... Saga is taking no chances. She crouches down, and has her bow ready, an arrow already poisoned to damage one's health.

"Ohhh I do wish I had not slacked on my magic over the years."

Saga remembers back to the year 433, when she had plenty of magic within her grasp. After years of disuse, this is no longer so. She tries but simply cannot remember the process for casting a life detection spell, or unlife, as it might be in this case. She can't even cast a Light spell anymore, which means she must occasionally brandish a torch, despite her superior elven eyesight*. All she remembers are a couple of healing spells, and she only remembers these because they are the spells she had been occasionally casting, if a bee stung her or a rabid animal had attacked in Valenwood.

Oooooooohhhh eeeeeee

Her skin crawls as she hears one: a zombie. Definitely a zombie. But where is it? .. Saga creeps forward ever-so-slowly, and suddenly sees it, dead ahead! It's a mere shape amongst shadows. Saga think she might have a clear shot, but a large stalactite in front of her partially blocks the way. She waits for the zombie to move. When it finally does, she moves slightly...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!

She realizes she's been discovered!** In a moment she gets up and runs back towards the cave's entrance, while the rancid being behind her begins pursuit. Saga then stops, turns around, and aims her bow, slamming the zombie with a poisoned arrow. But this does little to dissuade the zombie! .. She switches to her steel mace as the zombie closes in. plicthhh plick!! the spikes of the mace barely seem to make a dent. Saga moves around. She dances from one spot to the next, clobbering the undead here and there. The undead slams her with open palms in return, bringing her health down in large chunks. It's like the Year 434 all over again she thinks wildly, realizing she might get killed, and all for a stupid Recommendation.

As she runs outside of Bleak Flats to heal herself, Saga curses her task.

"Erthor. You sorry twit. I will get you, you sorry little twit."

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 04:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 4 2013, 11:09 AM
Post #23

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Poor Saga! laugh.gif She struggles so hard to do the same thing she did years back tongue.gif

If only she had the Septims to buy a horse at least... kvleft.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 5 2013, 03:59 AM
Post #24

Councilor
Group Icon

Renee, I love how Saga explains her reduced skills and the less dangerous wildlife.

Erthor is going to get an ear full if she ever goes back in to get him. ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 7 2013, 02:01 AM
Post #25

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks you all, thanks so much! I've had some weird [censored] happening in real-life, so it's good to come here and be amongst Gritsy and mirocu. I've been checking out your fanfic story here and there, Grits. One of these days I need to just sit down (or lie down) because it's kind of intense in the beginning. I need to take it in without any distractions, it's not like one of my stories, after all, which are like cheap soap operas in comparison. tongue.gif Just kidding, kinda. smile.gif

Anyways, I finally got Joan out of the Sewers...
IPB Image

When we last saw her, she was carrying something important which was given to her .... everybody knows the rest, right? :smile:

Last Seed 29, 3E433 10:48 am

Joan of Arkay

Level: 1
B. Sign: The Ritual
Class: War Cleric

ST: 30
Int: 55
WP: 50
AG: 30
Spd: 40
End: 35
Pers: 40
Luck: 50

Majors: Armorer, Athletics, Hand to Hand, Restoration, Acrobatics, Light Armor, Sneak*

Days Passed: 3

"Finally! ... I have made it!"

Joan of Arkay passes through one final gate, a grid-iron portal that leads to Cyrodiiilic splendor. She is free. The sunlight is dazzling, after hours (days?) in that dungeon. Joan cannot fathom her true importance as of now. Partially, she feels she has a higher calling, but her own human-ness keeps persuading her otherwise.

"Now, to get to Chorrol where I am to meet Sir Jeffrey. I mean Jauffre."

Despite her appointed task, Joan can't help a lingering feeling: She is still a wanted criminal, for reasons unknown to her. And she must serve out her sentence. Why was she in jail? She has never been officially told. But she was in jail, and those who are locked up must always "serve out their sentence". Joan sighs, weighing her options as she walks slowly up the hill towards the Imperial City.

She has a thought as she walks: Perhaps she can give this heavy red Amulet of Kings to someone of more importance than herself. And this other person can carry the Amulet to Chorrol. Can she do this?

"Amulet of Kings. Am I to truely be the bearer of such? ... Indeed 'tis not my calling. Or is it? .... Is it truly?"

Joan walks on an old worn path which zig-zags towards the Imperial City, while a stray mudcrab catches her scent and begins to follow. She runs a moment, and then begins walking again, allowing the creature to catch up to her. Runs. Then walks.

"Mudcrabs, disgusting creatures. And yet, only I can truely say I have 'seen one by the waterfront'. Indeed I have one following me, right this instant."

She makes her way left around an edge of great white stone, while the mudcrab struggles to keep up.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

12:02 pm, Imperial City Prison District

"You have my ear, citizen," says Amadus Phillida, as the breezy air and perfect sun permeates this afternoon.

"Um.. Hullo sir. My name is Joan."

"Is there a problem, citizen?"

Joan has chosen Amadus over all the other guards present because he is wearing the shiniest armor. Therefore, he must be a Watch Captain, or at least somebody of greater importance. Better to go straight to the one who is most in charge, for a situation like this.

"Listen. I know this may seem wrong, perhaps even devious, but I might be a wanted criminal, escaped from her cell, and I am turning myself in. Implacably, many such things have been of occurrence over these past few hours, and I need to make arrangements with--"

"What are you looking for?" Amadus asks, seeming to ignore her words. Get to the point.

"Am I a wanted criminal?" Joan almost pleads. "Here in the Imperial City? I am new here, and was in some sort of ruckus with a certain miscreant who was not of belief--"

But again, the guard cuts her off mid-sentence. "It is a wonderful city," he says, meditatively, "...and I'm proud to have served her for 40 years. But I'm ready to retire, let the young folks take over the reins."

Confused, Joan decides to let the matter drop. If the guards wanted her, they damn well would have let her know by now.

"Well, um... see, I have this as well. It's an Amulet. It's the Amulet. The Amulet of Kings. Perhaps you have not taken notice as of yet, about the Emperor and his Blades? The Emperor has sadly passed this Amulet on to me, yet I see this relic as more of an onus. I am unfit. Unworthy. Yet the Emperor, he made pleadings with me, that I should go to Chorrol, and present this Amulet to a certain monk who dwells at Weynon Priory. And I do not--"

"If you've got to travel by the Nine Divines, stay on the road. The wilderness just isn't safe anymore," Amadus says warily. "We've had sightings you see... the Daedra..."

"Daedra?" Joan asks, once again sidetracked in conversation. "Oh how dreadful!"

"Farewell citizen!" Amadus says, clearly done with small talk.

"Fare...well..."

Joan's two objectives are (as of yet) unfinished, she realizes. She's still a free woman, and still possesses the Amulet of Kings.

"Well, as he said, he is an elder, ready for retirement. He would be less fit than me, then, to take this ruby towards Chorrol."

Joan says this, and then heads back towards the gate.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Middas, 8:55 pm, Merchant's Inn

"Good evening."

"Hello!"

"It's you .... hi."

Joan makes it to the Merchant's Inn as the sky outside darkens to pitch. The place is packed. She makes her way by several patrons, and rents a room from the innkeeper. She also buys some food. Once inside her own room, she collapses into a chair, but can only nibble at her meal: a ham, cheese, and onion sandwich.

"I ... I have seen so much. So much has passed.....and what to make of it all?"

She looks down to the Amulet, the one which the Watch Captain had seemed to purposely not discuss when she showed it to him.

"Are ye to be my onus?" she asks the brilliant red jewel.

And before she can receive any sort of answer, she finds herself discarding her smelly leather boots, her rusted iron helmet, and other newfound armor pieces, and then can barely help herself as she falls into bed. She sleeps for many many hours, and dreams many many dreams.

[

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 04:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 13 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Bounty: 0
Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

Days Passed: 65

Where we left off: Kahreem is in Leyawiin inquiring about a missing ring. He has just spoken to the owner of this missing ring, which is actually a stolen ring. Now, Kahreem must find a beggar, who will help him find the Argonian who stole the ring from Ahdarji.

Warm rain falls steadily as Kahreem of Weet trudges slowly around Leyawiin, looking for a beggar to speak to. It takes him awhile to find one, despite the two beggar-bedrolls he discovers on opposite ends of the village.

As he walks, Kahreem stifles the urge to pick the aloe leaves, the steel entoma mushrooms, the lavender he occasionally finds still unpicked. He could possibly pick these ingredients, and then pretend to make some 'spices' (while actually just selling them for simple gold), but even he has some limits to his lie-telling. Even he can only go so far with acting out his lies.

"I mean, c'mon... it's raining!" he says to nobody in particular. "Let the fair-haired elves pick stuff in the rain; us Redguards like to take the day off on occasion."

Actually, Kahreem corrects himself in his thoughts. ...take the day off? Never. Every day is a "day off" in my world.* He's never worked a day in his life so far (not honestly, anyways) and this is a habit he's aiming to keep. As Kahreem of Weet realizes he'd make a pretty bad alchemist, or (in his case) a pretty bad spice merchant, for he's too lazy to do the actual work, preferring to look for any excuse possible to NOT work, he finally spies a beggar.

12:06 am

"Finally. I've been looking all over for you. It's me .... Vincent the 'Spice Merchant.'"

"I can eat for a day with a single coin," Ra'disha suggests.

"Uh huh, sure you can. Look I'm getting low on funds, and there isn't a fence in this fokkinge village. I can't keep up this front, picking up berries and mushrooms and leaves just to give you gold. Ahdarji said her ring was stolen by an Argonian named ... umm....dammit I already forgot his name," Kahreem says, already knowing what Rancid's answer will be.

"I might know that. For a price!"

"TEN GOLD? Are you joking? Fokke!"

He suddenly finds it hard to believe that just a week or two ago, he had hundreds in his pocket, many of which he earned just from gambling. "Well let's hear what you have to say, fur-licker."

"The poor bugger was arrested. Seems he tried to swindle the Countess. He's rotting in a cell in the castle dungeon now."

"So he's in jail? Great. That's really wonderful. Just when I get out of jail, I have to somehow get back in!"

"It's common knowledge that the jailors can be bribed to allow visitors to see prisoners."

"Bribed? As in more gold spent?! ... Fokke!"

"Blessings of Stennndarrr upon you," Rancid Ra'shida says, turning away to a night full of sleeplessness in the rain.

"Hmm, well there's gotta be a way to get around this dilemma," Kahreem muses as he walks back towards the Three Sisters' Inn. Once back inside he finds he has less than 40 gold, and therefore must break into the room where all his things are stored. He breaks 3 out of 10 lockpicks while doing so.

"Fokke!"

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Middas, 1:07 pm

"Hail"

says a guard the next afternoon. Kahreem says nothing in return, other than "just making a delivery. The Countess's eyes only."

Feeling slightly paranoid, Karheem realizes he's wearing nice clothes, but stolen nice clothes. He's wearing nice shoes, but stolen nice shoes. He's just been in jail for fighting with an Argonian named Oatmeal, and this means his head should be cleared for bounty.

"But will they notice my clothes? Damn! Shoulda worn something less suspicious."

Too late for this. Kahreem makes his way towards the middle of Castle Leyawiin's court, takes a right, and walks down a sloping hallway to the dungeon.

Middas, Day 66, 1:43 pm

"You look lost," says the jailor calmly, as Karheem moseys as casually into the Dungeon as he can.

"Ahh, perhaps I am lost."

"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOWN HERE!" the guard now shouts, suddenly happy to let his presence as a member of the Law be known.

"Well, let me explain. I am Vincent the Spice Merchant, on my way from Bruma. And a-hah ha-ha :one of my best ... uhhh ... spice contacts happens to be in one of your cells. Imagine that? He's an Argonian I know. Happens to be really good at fishing up some slaughterfish scales, and you'd be surprised what these are used when making spices! Why, some of your favorite meals might be enhanced by the lowly slaughterfish. Disgusting creatures...but I hear their meat is rather tasty."

"Yeah, we got him here," the guard says reluctantly. "Argonians aren't allowed visitors though. Countess Alessia's orders. She has a thing about the lizard folk."

The guard then hands Kahreem a note, just in case somebody somehow happens to be listening.

"20 gold?" Kahreem scream-whispers. "Look, I may be wearing fancy clothes, but the spice market's down right now. If I was up in the Imperial City, I'd be able to make a pretty profit, but down here ... well ... 20 gold is a lot of ...uh... gold."

"You're a smart one then," the guard says, content to let this Redguard sweat a little. Then he adds: "I thought was going to have to arrest you for a minute."

"Well, let's talk about this."

And talk they did. For a few mintues, Kahreem impressed himself, putting on his best Redguard charm. He usually only used such courtly graces for members of the opposite sex (whom he found attractive) but after several minutes of complimenting, joking, and cajoling with the guard, he can see he's got him in his pocket, perhaps.

"That's pretty good!" the guard says at one point, his face beaming with happiness.

"Good enough to waive the 20 gold bribe? It is a bribe you know?"

But the guard will not have this. After the Redguard loses 20 more gold, the guard keeps his word. ... "Amusei, you say? I thought you wanted to see 'Amuday.' He's off-limits. Amusei though is just down the hall. Make it quick."

Kahreem does 'make it quick'. He makes it quick with a new shirt, new blacksmith's pants, and a few items of food, before finding the locked-up Argonian.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

2:50 pm

"Ahhh. The Thieves Guild's new favorite," greets Amusei. His voice is typically raspy, and smells of uncooked meat. "What do you waaaant?"

"You know what I want," Kahreem says, trying to sound like a tough guy. "I want that ring you stole. The one that belongs to Ahdarji. Shame on you for stealing from another member. The Shadow does not hide you, scum."

"Why should I tell you where it issss? Here I sit in Leyawin's dungeon while you are free. What will you do for Amusei if I tell you?"

For a moment, Kahreem is confused. He has forgotten about the beastfolk's habit of speaking of themselves in the third person. Then Kahreem sees Amusei looking towards his man-satchel, and (at first) he thinks the Argonian wants a bit of gold. Great. More gold. But then Amusei makes a small set of motions with his scaly hands, and Kahreem figures out what he wants.

"A lockpick you say? Well, I don't have a problem with that*. Have a it, dino-man."

"You'd do that for meee? Maybe you guild types aren't so bad after all. Okay. It's a deeeal. Give me a lockpick and I'll tell you about the ring."

Kahreem does so, but not without a small amount of reluctance. Down to just six now.

"Sun-lit freedom! Yessss, I stole that ring from Ahdarji," Amusei fesses up. "When I went to sell it, the fence told me I was too hot for him. He showed me an inscription on the inside. 'To Alessia.' That had to be the Countess of Leyawiin. The damn ring was stolen property!"

"Yeah, so what did you do?" Kahreem asks, purely curious, his previous 'tough guy' act now discarded.

"Well, I figured I would ransom it back to the Countess. Except she tricked meee! I was arrested for theft, and she kept her ring."

"Well of course she did, fool! What were you thinking? A lizard-man trying to be noble. Uhh, no offense."

"None taken. I owe you a debt of gratituuuude!"

"Well look. There's a guard stationed right up the hall there. I'd be careful if I were you. Good luck."

Stay tuned for next episode: Kahreem goes Castle-diving!

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 06:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 14 2013, 11:11 AM
Post #27

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Short on Septims and lockpicks. Maybe this thief should seek another profession? laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 14 2013, 07:17 PM
Post #28

Councilor
Group Icon

laugh.gif Yeah I know! He's mostly short on brains, though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Pseron Wyrd
post Jul 14 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #29

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jul 14 2013, 11:17 AM) *

He's mostly short on brains, though.

Most men are. laugh.gif
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 14 2013, 10:46 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jul 13 2013, 04:22 PM) *

Kahreem does 'make it quick'. He makes it quick with a new shirt, new blacksmith's pants, and a few items of food, before finding the locked-up Argonian.

rollinglaugh.gif Too bad he didn't find some more lockpicks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 15 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #31

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pseron Wyrd @ Jul 14 2013, 11:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Jul 14 2013, 11:17 AM) *

He's mostly short on brains, though.

Most men are. laugh.gif

Speak for yourself! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 22 2013, 11:50 PM
Post #32

Councilor
Group Icon

Before I start today's story, I will talk about my weekend first, and a dream that I had towards the end of it. It's rather interesting.

We went away for the weekend, just me and my daughter. It was a fun weekend, but also a rather exhausting one, since we joined up with a group of others who were doing some hiking in the Shenandoahs. We all camped outside for a couple days, it was a blast. By the time I got back home yesterday, I made a quick dinner, popped my kid in the tub, and then crashed. :snoring: I was out like a light. Fortunately, my kid knows how to take a bath. laugh.gif She's at the age that she's practically mastered bathing, so good thing she didn't drown!

Maybe it's due to the fact that I had no gaming-time this weekend, but the very last dream I had this morning was about Lady Saga. I was with Acadian in my backyard, and somebody else from the forums was also present, but I forget who this was. It's not any of the regulars, though. I have no idea what Acadian looks like IRL, but in my dream he was a stout fellow with a large round beard, and not very much hair. Acadian did not do very much, he just kinda stood there in the backyard, admiring the scenery.

The dream was about Saga, like I said. I wasn't gaming with her in this dream, nor did she simply appear as a 3-dimensional character. I was sort of telepathically communicating with her while she was not actually in my presence, and we were planning stuff together. I knew Saga is about to meet Erthor, and she told me of the things she wanted to say when she meets up with him, so I'll try and remember some of what she told me.

Oh, one more thing: Saga could write scrolls, but she could not create spells, yet. It's a rather interesting notion that I'll perhaps put into my RPing with her somehow.

Morndas, Heartfire 17
3E433 4:08 pm

Days Passed: 22

Active Quests: 13
Quests Cmptd: 3

Skill Increases: 85
Novice Skills: 12
Apprentice Skills: 9
Journeyman Skills: 0
Expert Skills: 0
Master Skills: 0

Bounty: 0
Fame: 1
Infamy: 0

Ooooooo. Ooooo. O-whooaa Oooooo.

Danger is up ahead, but yet unseen. Lady Saga creeps along in the darkness of Bleak Flats Cave, carrying a simple iron bow, and 17 simple iron arrows. Hanging from a specialized loop in her belt is a steel mace, which she often needs for backup down here. Chainmail upon her head, matched leather on her upper-body and feet. Her fur gauntlets? They're already useless after facing three of this cave's homely 'residents'. She made several potions over the past few days, and dozens of poisons, but the poisons are useless as of right now.

"Damn zombies. Erthor is going to have a grand tasting of my wrath very soon. Very soon."

Lady Saga creeps along and says this quietly, so the shambling, one-armed mess up ahead cannot hear her. Had this 'mess' once been a proper citizen of Cyrodiil? Had he or she once been an adventurer in search of gold and treasure, only to be killed down here, and later brought back to un-life? ...None of this matters now, Saga thinks. It's very important to be able to make that first shot, so the enemy ahead stays un-alerted. These menaces have lots of strength, and if she can take a good chunk of it away with a stealthy shot, she's ahead of the game.

"But you know, I cannot completely place all of my blameings upon him, for returning to his former misdoings. I am also of some blame as well. Had I not strayed him from his most persistent of wishes, Erthor might have returned to Skingrad, and remained there, as well. Did he not make it very clear to me that he MUST get back to Skingrad soon, for he has had plenty of the wilds? Something of such. And 'twas never in my plannings to make good upon my promises. How very ostentatious of me."

It is one of Lady Saga's resolutions now that she's returned from Valenwood to Cyrodiil; to make amends. Right her former wrongs. Erthor is like a spoiled child, Saga thinks. A child with a very strong desire for adventure and trickery, but not very much skill to back any of this up. Perhaps he never had a mother to fuss over him, nor a big sister to teach him right from wrong. He cannot help but place himself into dangerous situations, and with very little forethought or planning.

"Well, let us set this to rights, then."

Saga crouches down as the sound of the zombie nears. She drinks a potion which helps her detect (un)life, and aims her bow at the purple essence she sees in the gloom, 20 feet ahead.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

4:47 pm

After a fight with one final zombie, Saga sees the den. Erthor's den. The place where he has made his home. She shakes her head in disgust. All he needs (apparently) is a tapestry upon a far wall, a mildewy old bedroll, a rotten chest to store his things, and he has made this wretched place livable.

She's pretty sure Erthor has returned, but Saga cautions herself anyways, sneaking up slowly. The vampire who had been rumored to once live here might still be here, after all. What was her name? Kate. That's it. EradiKate. Saga finally remembers. In the Year 434, it was rumored EradiKate had lived in Bleak Flats Cave, after Erthor vacated. Kate had also been rumored to be a member of the Dark Brotherhood, as well. She had used Bleak Flats as a home, the rumors said, so Akatosh help anybody who made the mistake of venturing down here alone.

As she creeps into the den itself, Saga's heart skips a beat as she sees a dark figure in a far corner. Then she calms herself. It's not a talented, dangerous, but also lonely vampire, it's a rather pugnacious wood elf, who can't seem to keep himself out of trouble.

"Erthor."

"What is it, Associate?"

Saga puts her bow away, and takes out her torch.

IPB Image

"'What is it Associate?' Is that all you have in reply? Do not you have rememberance of who I am?"

"They're all gone?" Erthor says, hoping to change the subject and keep it changed. "I can leave the cave? Oh, thank you! I'm ever so grateful! ... You're heading back to Skingrad, aren't you? Could I.. maybe come with you? It'd be safer, I think. So, what do you say?"

Erthor has aged ever-so-slightly, just like me,
Saga thinks. It seems the wrinkles around his eyes have become more a tad more pronounced. On the other hand, he's apparently still the same man in many ways.

"You have nothing else to say? Nothing on the subject of traipsing off to Valenwood with me? You sly devil. You followed me, and then went off into the forest, while I kept my sleep! That I should be much more frank than I am now with you, is of urgency and appetency. But I will not waste my time. For we each write our own dramas as we thrive onwards. And that you have chosen to make one final erring, once again, by separating off into this .... this ... wretched place, and away from your guildmates, that is the real true shame. For you are not ready, Erthor.

"You may come with me," Saga continues. "And I will protect you. I will show you the ways of proper combat, in these wild lands of Cyrodiil. Of this, I make full promise."

"Oh thank you. You're just too kind!" Erthor gushes. "I can't wait to be back in Skingrad, safe and sound."

Lady Saga turns her head, rolls her eyes, and puts her face into her right palm.

"Yes, we will go to Skingrad soon," she answers, "but might I ask you to accompany along with me, once again, while I make travellings upon these very plains and forests? It will only take a few days."

Saga smirks at Erthor, already seeing the possibilities ahead.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 06:31 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 23 2013, 05:06 PM
Post #33

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Lol! Once again Saga does not just help him back to Skingrad, but instead drags him out into the wild! tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 23 2013, 06:15 PM
Post #34

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 23 2013, 12:06 PM) *

Lol! Once again Saga does not just help him back to Skingrad, but instead drags him out into the wild! tongue.gif

Yeah, isn't that funny? I did not mention this in the story, but I felt like Saga wants to keep Erthor around while she does the rest of the recommendations. biggrin.gif Hey, why not? It'll be fun.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 1 2013, 10:29 PM
Post #35

Councilor
Group Icon

Loredas, 8:16 am
Heartfire 29, 3E438

Lady Saga

Level: 2

Health: 73
Magicka: 100
Fatigue: 155

Days Passed: 34

Factions: Mage's Guild

"Will you please put that thing out? No need for such, now that we are up and above, once again." Lady Saga says, a tad impatiently. "See upon the grasses, there? I have a need to view upon these grasses mine and your shadows. And feast my eyes upon the ways our shadowings point. Your torch's light will make our goings contradictory, as I cannot tell which way to direct unless I have only the day's light to go by."

Erthor, the wayward Bosmer from Skingrad, disobeys his partner's request for a few moments, but then solemnly puts his torch away.* If she would just take me back to Skingrad, all could be easily and conveniently explained! he thinks, feeling irked. The zombies were merely an experiment gone awry! ... And could I have tried such an experiment in Skingrad? Absolutley not. I needed to try my hand in the safety of Bleak Flats. But once again, I have been recalcitrant, and once again, I have been caught for my errings. But what will the Guild think? If I could just speak to Adrienne, all could be explained!

The pair have just exited Black Rock Caverns, still dripping wet from the spray of the waterfall which hides Black Rock's entrance. Saga had felt this spray directly upon her skin, as she now wears a Huntsman-styled brassiere upon her chest; her former leather armor top had been torn and beaten apart in Black Rock, and was quickly discarded. Saga has been trying her hand at armor & weapon repair, but her abilities away from the forge have been spotty, so far.

"See? See the shadows, and how they point left? We are heading towards the north. Thank you, Erthor, for putting away your torch."

Erthor makes no reply.

Well, too bad for you, sullen one, Saga thinks. 'Tis your fault you are in the position you are now: traveling with me all across Cyrodiil, instead of merely being escorted back to your home town. You were there, you had your chance to flee, and you did not take it. So now you are here. With me. Get used to this.

After their last adventuring in Black Rock, Saga has realized she needs Erthor. She needs his talents as a scamp-conjurer, especially. Over the years, her own talents in this particular area (Conjuration) have become especially weak. After her recent visit to the Chorrol Mage's Guild, Saga realized she's not even adept enough to conjure up a skeleton, anymore!** What would she have done in Black Rock when ganged upon by two, sometimes three bandits at a time?

She needs him. No question about that.

** sad.gif

////////////////////////////////////////////

9:09 am
So far the morning is quiet, other than the twittering of many birds. The hill they climb is covered by green and gold-colored grasses, and is rather steep, but not once can she and her partner not find a firm foot-hold as they walk. It takes Aerin from Valenwood awhile to find the stairs they had previously been taking, before being 'distracted' by Black Rock's presence. But find them she does.

"So I .... we ... are being sent to find some sort of book. An ancient tome of some sort," Saga says. "Fingers of the Mountains, or some such. Well, to think and to wit--"
.... Saga stops and turns, leaving her previous sentence unfinished, not that her partner seems to mind. She gazes back upon Chorrol, as it peeks through the great canopy of trees below.* She makes sure to take several such pauses as the pair climbs slowly up the hillside.

1:09 pm
The sun eventually starts to show, but the sound of a storm is ever-present. Saga occasionally breaks into a run, trying to make it to this place known as Cloud Top before the sun goes down, and Erthor does not seem to mind. The only enemy encountered is a solitary wolf, which Erthor and his summoned scamp easily takes down.

2:53 pm
The trees switch from deciduous to pure conifers, and the worn path becomes even more worn, rocks of granite and shale occasionally showing through the tamped-down earth. It does not take long before Saga and Erthor find their way to Cloud Top, which is little more than an Imperial ruins.

"Found the place, by the looks of it."

At first, Saga seens nothing, and Erthor does not offer much help. But as she investigates futher, she finds the burned-out torso of a man on the ground. Somehow, the book has been placed inside of his body, and Saga grimaces as she pulls this book out. She expects the book shall also be charred, but it is in good condition, somehow.

"Fingers of the Mountain", she says, somewhat awed. She tries to read it, but the book seems magically-sealed. "What thinks you, Erthor? A book placed within a charred corpse?"

Erthor, as usual, says nothing, but thinks many things.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 06:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Aug 2 2013, 02:58 AM
Post #36

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my, Erthor’s thoughts were funny. That attitude is so perfect for him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 2 2013, 10:23 AM
Post #37

Spam Meister
Group Icon

If Erthor really didn´t like to be with Saga, he should have made a run for Skingrad when he could! laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 6 2013, 10:36 PM
Post #38

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Aug 2 2013, 05:23 AM) *

If Erthor really didn�t like to be with Saga, he should have made a run for Skingrad when he could! laugh.gif

Exactly ... he would have had what? a quarter mile to go?

Well, I've just done some gaming with one of my favorite Redguards, and here is what happened.

Kahreem of Weet

Level: 5

Days Passed: 66
Days Jailed: 16

Fame: 0
Infamy: 7

"I can eat for a daaay with a single coinnnn", Deeh the Scalawag informs the Redguard in royal clothing before him.

"Is that so?? Heh, this one time, I ate for three days with a single coin. It's hard using a coin for silverware, though. I much prefer a knife and fork nowadays."

"Uhh huh", the Argonian known as 'the Scalawag' answers, the joke going right over his scaly head.

"Well *ahem* listen. I'm in a bit of a bind, you see I've lost all my notes about a mysterious ring. Um. My name is Vincent. You may have heard of me; I've recently been assigned to fill the Count's coffers with a variety of spices. For I am a spice merchant. But I also am a curator. Yes in-deedy," Kahreem says with a wink. "And lately I've been sent to ascertain information about a ring. A ring belonging to the Countess, herself. Might you have anything of importance to add to my report?"

Kahreem suddenly realizes the irony; here he is now pretending to be somebody with a rather important job, yet he's trying to learn about his job through one of Leyawiin's poorest residents.

"Sooo Alessia Caro has recovered her ring. And now you want to know where she keeps it so you can steal it back...."

"Uh. Well damn," the Redguard answers. His cover's been blown. "You didn't get my joke about the coin, but you're not as dumb as you look. Yeah, I want to steal this ring back, so what?"

"MY pockets are a little light at the moment... if you know what I mean.."

"Yeah yeah, here you go. Have some coin, beggar." *clink* "You beggars are getting rich off of me, ya know. With all your information-gathering. How's a thief supposed to manage?"

"I don't know where she keeps tha ring, but I know who does!" Deeh answers. At first, Karheem doubts he'll get anything reasonable, but this dirty Argonian seems to know his town quite well. "Talk to Hildara Mothril, the Countess's hannndmaidennn. She eats dinner in the castle at the eighth bellll. You may have to sweet talk her, but she knows all about Alessia Caro's habits and scheduuuuules."

"Sweet talk?" Kahreem says, smiling. "You don't say..."

"You should know that there are other secrets in that castle," Deeh the Scalawag intones.

"Go on."

"I've heard of a hidden torture chamberrrr. they say that Count Marius torturesss Argonians in the depths of his castle. The servants whisssper that the Argonians are dragged into the basement, and are never seeeen againnnn. You should stay out of there, just in case."

"I will," Kahreem says, knowing he would not.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

5:18 pm

"Hiii!"

....says a middle-aged woman dressed in brown clothing, while soothing music is piped in from a hidden magical device*. Kahreem finds her standing alone in the castle's dining room. Definitely not royalty, but Kahreem decides he needs to be on his best behavior, anyways. His plans in the near future are going to include one of his favorite activities in the world: breaking into an establishment which has more money than he could ever hope for. He needs as many 'allies' as possible, just in case things go as wrong as they did in Bravil.

"How fares thee, my fair-maiden? I am Vincent of Bruma. Curator, spice-merchant, and Captain of the Marie Elena," he says, lying once again, and how could this lowly servant ever prove him wrong?

"I am Janonia Aurunceia, chief maid-servant of Castle Leyawiin."

"Is that so? My what a pretty name, Karheem answers, unsure if he'll even be able to remember it in a few moments. "Janonia. And such beautiful eyes. Eyes the color of shellocks upon the damp dewside," he says with a dreamy smile. What's a shellock? Who in Oblivion knows? ... it's yet another term he's just made up out of nowhere. But it works.

"Go ahead, I'm listening," Janonia says, pleased to have somebody new actually notice her for a change.

After a few minutes of flirting, bantering, and eloquating, Kaheem feels he's buttered up this maid so good, she might taste like a biscuit.

"...and so in those days, when I sailed across the mighty seas, 'twas my aim to gallantly drift into a port where I could suddenly take life ... a little slower. And here I am, before the fawnted cupcake of a woman I see before me."

"Not bad! Not bad at-all!" Janonia fawns, ever so delighted with this odd but loquacious Redguard.

"Say, in my travels, I have been broadening my mind a bit, and have heard rumors about a missing ring, one which the Countess here so dreadfully lost, but it has been found again. AHEM Sorry. It's all those spices; they have a tendency to get up one's nose."

"Ha ha, good one!"

"Might you know anything about this ring? I would be so thrilled to document it in my upcoming book: 'Countess Caro of Leyawiin, in her Own Time'" Kahreem says, suddenly realizing what a horrible title for a book this would make. In her own time?!? What the fokke?

"I don't think it would be appropriate for me to talk about private family matters with a stranger," Janonia the maid says, suddenly going cold.

"A stranger? And here I am thinking you and I were getting close!"

"Not now, not later, not ever!"

"Fine, Breton trash," Kahreem mumbles. "Have it your way. We'll see how far YOU'VE become in life in five years, when I own my own shipyard...you'll come looking for me!" Kahreem finishes lamely. She'll come looking for me? What sort of an insult is that?

"Good day!" the maid says brightly, gladly going back to her job. She loves her job, and will not be tricked and swindeled by this strange man.

With no new information, Kahreem of Weet is stuck. He needs to wait until the 'eighth bell' to find his contact. "What the fokke is the eighth bell, anyways?"

He sits down at the table, and hopes the stupid Breton trash maid will leave the room, so he can at least get a bite of sirloin in his belly.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

8:33 pm
The Weet Bandit assumes "eighth bell" means 8 pm, but as 8 pm comes and goes, he finds himself getting seriously bored.

"Hello", says Count Marius smugly, his duties for the day as a throne-warmer now done.

Kahreem finds himself really wanting to drink his Cheap Wine, and get solidly drunk, but to do so now would be Social Suicide, for he needs to find this lady who can help him. What was her name? Kahreem thinks. Hilda? Hulda? Something like that. Eventually the dining room fills with more residents: Countess Caro herself, a couple of guards, a cat-person, and a lizard-woman. Kahreem chats briefly with the two beastfolk present, but none of them have a name like "Hulda" or "Hilda".

"Fokke!"

He winds up standing awkwardly in a corner, not wanting to eat the stolen strawberries in his pocket for fear of being noticed. And he doesn't much feel like schmoozing up to the Count or Countess. Maybe it's better not to be so noticed, Kahreem suddenly realizes before taking a walk.

"It is pleasant, and a bit ... melancholy, to walk among the graves of Green Emperor Way, and contemplate the dead who preceded us..." the Count begins to ramble as Kahreem slips out the room and into the Castle's main area.

"Go on," a guard replies, completely bored.

"Good," Karheem whispers. "Stay bored, guard. Enough of this Hulda woman, I'm gonna find this ring myself... heh heh heh..." he says, stalking up a nearby set of stairs.

Well, this plan lasted less twenty minutes. Just moments after picking the door to the Lord's Manor, he had been noticed by a castle resident HYYY-YA!! who had slammed him with her fists, despite Karheem's protests of being lost. With nowhere else to go....

"Break the law on MY watch will ya?! I'll be confiscating your stolen goods OH and no goooold to pay your fine! It's off to the lockup, then."

"Whatever, sir. I'm not resisting arrest, so let us go to jail, then."

"Hope you rot, criminal scum!"

SHINK!

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 06:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Aug 7 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #39

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Yet again he sees the inside of a prison cell! rollinglaugh.gif

Well, second home is second home, after all biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Aug 7 2013, 09:51 AM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 12 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #40

Councilor
Group Icon

Date & Time not recorded

"You're not supposed to be down here!*"

....the guard calls into Kahreem of Weet's cell. Kahreem was just about to fall asleep at this exact moment, but the sound of the door squeaking made him turn and face the cell's gated door. The jailor opens this gate, and then walked right into Kahreem's cell.

"I am not supposed to be down here? You mean I can go?"

At this, the guard seems to backpedal. Wait, is this the Redguard who was just caught sneaking into the castle? .. but he could never admit such a mistake. So instead, he changes the subject..."There's an orc named Mazoga up at the castle, claims she's a knight. Doesn't look like one to me, though."

Kahreem stands in his cell, totally confused. The door to his cell is now wide open, and he didn't open it himself. Should he just leave, then?

"Say, uh, you got your facts mixed-up or something", Kahreem attempts to correct. "I am the notorious man you caught in your castle. Yeah that's right, I'm a bad man! But while I got you down here, what know you about the ring? Countess Caro's ring?"

"I don't think it would be appropirate for me to talk about private family matters with a stranger."

"Well, get the fokke out of my cell, then. I only got a few more hours of sentence to serve."

"I have to get back to work now," the guard admits.

Kahreem smirks to himself as the guard leaves. Could I have just walked out? Nah...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Fredas, 12:26 am

"What's this about?" asks yet another guard as Kahreem is escorted back outside the castle.

"Hissssss!" says an Argonian.

Kahreem of Weet decides he hates Leyawiin. He hates it. His luck has been cantankerous, his ability to make any headway on his latest quest has been (so far) insipidly disasterous.

"I'm so sick of jail," he says to the night, finally dropping his 'spice merchant' act. "Shoulda just stayed a bandit on the plains. Mighta been dead by now, but hey, at least I was free."

The guard says nothing in reply, and the hissy Argonian walks away. At this moment, Kahreem realizes he's got nothing. All his nicer clothes (at the moment of arrest) were stolen. So he's wearing cheap jail clothes. He's got 20 gold and 5 lockpicks, and somehow has to try to break into the Countess's quarters (he assumes) to retrieve this stupid ring.

He has his final drink of Cheap Wine as he ponders what to do next.

2:01 am
After a visit to his hotel room, Kahreem is poorer than ever. But he has more appropriate clothes now to do his possible thieving; a dark green shirt matched with tan linens. He still wears his jail sandals, but only because (ironically) they make some of the best shoes for sneaking. After stepping back inside the castle, he makes his way all the way back to the court, turns to his right, and finds the door leading into the basement.

2:14 am
Kahreem wanders around for a few, opens a few barrels and crates, and then suddenly sees a half-open barrel with some sort of knob sticking out of it.

"Hah! Looky here!"

He pulls the lever, which opens up a trap door. The hallway beyond is dark, and seems unoccupied, but the Weet Bandit takes no chances. He creeps through the doorway, and then uses a second lever on the other side to close it back up. A door left open such as this one could only invite trouble.

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 6 2022, 06:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

120 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM