Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oblivion is cursed, -40 to Stability
bullet-worm
post Mar 23 2006, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Associate

Since it is an RPG:

Bethesda tried to craft a game that required a skill level of at least a 87 to create. Unfortunately, they did not pass all of the required skill-checks and we ended up with "The Cursed Elder Scrolls: Oblivion". This item comes with the following stats:

Minimum Requirements:
Minimum Required PC Skill: 85
Minimum Required 3D Rendering Skill: 70

Item Characteristics:
Aesthetics: 80
AI: 65
Sound Quality: 70
Gameplay: 70
Story Line: 75
Stability: 20

Character Adjustments (while equipped):
+20 to Personality while it passes Stability check.
-60 to Personality, Cast Crash-to-Desktop on Item, and Cast Beserk on Self for 5 minutes when Item does not pass Stability check.

I believe Bethesda is taking the game to the nearest Temple to have the curse removed, but it looks like it may be a long journey and this time the Quick Travel feature wont help them.

Hopefully they can cast a quick heal/cure disease spell to help solve some of the more major problems before then.

worm
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post Mar 24 2006, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Agent

-.-

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Psuedo
post Mar 25 2006, 03:00 AM
Post #3

Associate

I've been playing for 2 days on end and have yet to see it crash... so if I were you I'd think about my own system config wink.gif
+Quote Post
HardCode
post Mar 25 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Retainer

Sure. It's always the system, never the software. Even if every other piece of software that someone owns, especially the complex OS, never, ever crashes, it absolutely CAN'T be this new piece of software just installed. Even though it is the only one that is crashing. See, his PC was just waiting until he installed one more item to start crashing.

--------------------
"Have you seen any ... 'Elves' lately? Hahaha"
+Quote Post
jchamber
post Mar 26 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

or something in his system is not operating well with the game, but I too have played the game for hours on end and had no problems aside from lag on my less than recommended stat-ed comp, owned by my cousin. So while I understand what everyone is saying, save some of the game-like vocals of the original poster, it may very well be something about his system, even if things are as hardcode says. I would talk to support at elderscrolls.com if I were bullet-worm.

--------------------
This is AP Erebus's baby, but I intend to help
(VVclick for site linkage)
+Quote Post
Taistrv
post Mar 27 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #6

Retainer

100+ systems seem to be having trouble copeing with this curse.

I have the same problems, I think its just a case of everything being to new to work properly at the moment. Software writers need to write for the majority of systems, so uber highend as well as barely scraping by low ends will always have a lot of trouble with new software, happens with every game I have ever baught, and NO, it is not my system :-P.

Try updateing some drivers, especaly if its an Nvidia rig, new driver just came out, works wonders especaly in SLI.

This post has been edited by Taistrv: Mar 27 2006, 06:33 PM
+Quote Post
Ryusaki
post Mar 30 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #7

Retainer

I have it for Xbox 360 (My 360 is in the shop though) but Ive played it at a friends house several times and it hasn't crashed on me yet. I guess the 360 version is more stable since PC specs vary
+Quote Post
MasterSaji
post Mar 30 2006, 06:36 AM
Post #8

Evoker

Mkay, from the sounds of it, it's your system, and most likely low ram. For I had the same problem, so I upgrade to a GIG and try to have 75% ram free when I play and it works fine, on max settings.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:33 PM