Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Urgh! ....
Wurlon
post Feb 22 2006, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

I don't know if you guys are still accepting stories for the non-contest library so I decided to start one. Not a extremely good one, but I feel like writing for the library. Of course I'm not done it, I have homework to do so I wasn't able to get very far.... kvleft.gif

The snow began to fall gracefully towards the hard rock tower, it cluttered between the slick crevices. It was wet, smushy but laid quite quickly on the permafrosted land. But no one would know of this meager winter flurry if it had not been the monument of an empire jolting out of the tundra. It was like monument of evil to the local animals, it clearly foreshadowed more and more to come. But for now, one single tower would stand over the frigid wastelands, occupied only by a handful of guards. Their supplies were brought in weekly by a local caravan, who was paid a good deal of gold to do it. But the caravan came yesterday, so now Terran had nothing to do but watch the white horizon during his shift. This was such an easy job, and the pay was quite excellent.
Terran was no weakling, he was a brawn and quite tall Imperial male. Upon his head sat a head of light brown hair and a persuasive mind. Other than those traits, he wore the usual imperial guard suit of plate and chain armor. His only weapon was a simple steel broadsword which was handcrafted for his own personal sizing. Terran loved that sword, he would wipe it everyday to make it glimmer and shine like the sun. This man was one of those men who would absurdly curse when his beloved sword became stuck in his sheath because of the cold.
Time passed, guards groaned and shifts ended. The sun began to set, but at the same time in the opposite horizon came the moon. Slowly and steadily one rose and the other lowered, as if one has won a battle that the sun had controlled the whole day. But as the last streaks of sun slammed upon the tundra, a group of guards entered the gates from a hunting trip, one badly scratched by some sort of animal. Terran's shift was now finished, and he headed to the dinining area to consume the last hot meal of the day. The injured guard was also eating some herb soup to help his healing, but it was obvious he was still in pain. Terran picked up a meager little stool and sat himself beside a slender arrow slit. Through it, the moon could be seen rising as if the architects had planned the lunar event, but Terran thought nothing of it. In fact, Terran thought the moon was a sign of nefarious behavior, like a signal to the insane, lycanthropes and murderers to perform their wicked behaviors on one night. At the thought of that, Terran grinned and imagine him using his sword on a weak criminal. But there were no criminals in the tundra, just a desolate frozen wasteland occupied by the tower and a few trees here and there.
Terran reached over his side to a plate of heated meat and began eating a large piece, but at the same time the injured man was idiotically choking on his soup. Terran rushed over and began whacking the man in the back, but it didn't help. In fact, he began sprawling on the floor screaming and groaning! Terran flipped the guard over on his stomach and tried to push the man's stomach in, but something wasn't right. The man started to bulge and his arms cracked as loud as a church bell. He was scratched by a werewolf.
Terran now terrified of what he was on top of, reached for his sword that hung in his shealth to his side. But the werewolf's hand bulge, sweeping Terran off his feet and into the buffet table that lay behind them. The vile thing screamed in rage and anger as it bulged more and grow grotesque muscles all around while its face streched in unnatural fashions. Such a nefarious curse if it were to scratch Terran or anyone else the tower would be dripping with werewolves. Terran quickly charged at the beast with his metal blade, but it kicked him back once more with its leg. Stunned for a second, Terran realized he needed some ****ing help and screamed at the top of his lungs the following command.
"WEREWOLF IN THE GALLERY, WEREWOLF IN THE GALLERY!"
Almost immediately, another soldier burst through the wooden door to the room. But he remained petrified at the doorstep, he was more frightened by the werewolf than Terran. Almost instantly he dropped his weapon and ran back out, leaving Terran alone waiting for help as he struggle to pull his armored body off the ground. But the werewolf was now finished in form, and ran at Terran. But Terran flung himself under the table to try to escape the charging fiend. In return, the werewolf lifted the table in the air, and threw it upside down on Terran, who screeched. Then the werewolf tumbled on top of the table, swinging its paws agaisnt the side of the table in an attempt to slash Terran. But he was too far under the table, and Terran was already thinking of a way to kill the wicked creature. He spotted a spear holder against the wall, right next to his head which contained three silver spears. If he could grab one, he could easily stab the beast in the face, but it was on top of him and if he reached out his arm would be bashed off. Terran then repositioned himself and with a count of three, prepared to flip the table again.

3!

He kicked with his legs with all of his strength, and flipped the table and werewolf in the air. The thing flung against the wall, slide down and fell face first into the spearholder. Blood sprinkled against the wall as it flowed down the spears like little venturing snakes. The hair on the beast's neck turned black and its arms swung lazly back and forth. Terran slowly stood up and approached the beast to refute he had killed it completely.Surprisinly, the thing did not change back to the original soldier's body, it remained the fetish looking werewolf. What is this? A new strain?! But really Terran wasn't worried about that, he was more concerned why his honoured user comrades would not come to help! In fact, after the soldier had left he hadn't heard a squeak from anyone! Was this a set up?

Terran regrouped his wits and conscious and moved to the door, sword in hand with the fury of anger right behind it.

This post has been edited by Wurlon: Mar 5 2006, 02:37 AM

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
vaanic~one
post Feb 22 2006, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

I like it so far!

--------------------
IPB Image

Oliver_lowe@hotmail.com
TESSource Staff
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Feb 25 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(vaanic~one @ Feb 22 2006, 02:53 PM)
I like it so far!

Thanks, my stories are usually crude because I don't plan but this one is a baby step.. I kind of mapped it out in my head instead of just writing with the flow like I always did lol. I'm going to write some more soon, right now I'm catching up on all the forums I've been idle on.

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
1234king
post Feb 26 2006, 05:36 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

this is pritty d@@@ good you should start writing some more

--------------------
Sigs are stupid!
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Mar 4 2006, 04:15 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(1234king @ Feb 25 2006, 11:36 PM)
this is pritty d@@@ good you should start writing some more

lol thanks for support.. I wrote a little more but I need to help my folks move a couch so I'll have to do more at some other time....

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:18 PM