QUOTE(victimized @ Dec 28 2006, 05:40 AM)
awesome mod love it
some feed back:
-It was really hard for me to tell who was on my team when id be looting a ship, plus one swing of my sword would destroy any of my teamates if their health wasn't full so i would often mistake a pirate for a sailor and kill them. maybe the sailors all wear red or something and navy blue, it would help a lot when looting.
-need more ingame instructions, i basically found out everything to do from spoiler section because took to long to figure out ingame. for example give the people in the first pirate town the topic of buying a ship, and they will tell you who to talk to, like in tamriel finding things out from rumors. Or when looking for a first mate you talk to the guy at the tavern who says "oh i heard [name] was looking for a new crew to help out with". it just makes it more enjoyable to learn about new quests that way instead of wandering around looking for someone cause you remember reading it was possible on the forums.
-i donno if your puting voices in, but thatd be awesome. the text went way to fast for me. i would have to choose a topic a bunch of times before i could catch everything they were saying.
-most the doors in the towns were red, even with people in them, so youd have to break in to talk to about something. im assuming this is just a BETA affect and will be resolved in final version.
itd be cool to be able to higher different levels of sailors for different prices instead of all crappy ones.
i know this is far fetched but itd be cool to be able to attack a town, just to fill that bottom cell with a bunch of prisoners.
overall it is an extremely fun mod and i cant wait for the final release, awesome job. i think its innovative and havent seen any other mods like it, keep up the good work.
Thanks for the feedback and support, i'm glad your enjoying it. In answer to your observations:
- All enemie sailors wear a blue or red and white striped shirt. The enemy pirates are a little harder to tell apart, but I didn't want the pirates locked into specific outfits.
- I'm hoping to add all the missions and such to rumours, so you can ask about rumours on the islands and then it will add the appropriate topics which you can ask people about. I haven't fiddled much with rumours, but i'm intending to do it that way, or simply create my own topic of rumours for the people of the pirate isles.
- I'm including instructions to have silent MP3s for the final version. I can't pre-generate and distribute them because it would be over 180mb (tried it already
). Have no fear though, its simple to generate them, and they make the text last about 10 seconds.
- I think i fixed the doors. Technically you shouldn't just be walking into someones house, but the tavern and shops should be open. Your a pirate, so theres a certain amount of breaking and entering required
- They are all levelled to The player to keep things balanced. You can now change their equipment, to give them better stuff and improve their fighting abilities.
- You can now get up to 3 prisoners from each battle. Theres a chance you'll be raiding an island at some point
QUOTE(ryua @ Dec 30 2006, 08:49 AM)
i thought it needed voices too untill i used this http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=3083
if youy add blank mp3s the text stayes 10x as longer so its however long it takes you then click to move on
Thats what i was planning to inform people on how to use when i distribute the final, i won't be distributing the generated MP3 files myself, as its about 180mb.