Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Crescent Moon
Ryden294
post May 22 2005, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Retainer

This is a kind of project. I'm posting this first part and if you like it and if it doesn't prevent me from writing my other story then I will keep writing it. Without further adew, chapter one.

Calagrius stepped out of his estate and into the cool night air. He was wearing a full set of nordic fur and wielded an adamantium spear. He was going on yet another hunting trip with some of his friends.

"Calagrius! Hello my friend." came a bellow from a heavy-set man who approached him.

"Are you ready, placrio?" asked Calagrius.

"Of course. We must wait for the others to arrive now though."

"We will wait then." Replied Calagrius.

After a moment two more men arrived. They all said thier greetings and set off to the north into the forest. They were looking for bears and hopefully they would have a good hunt this night.

After thirty minutes of searching everyone except Calagrius was ready to return to the colony.

"Let's go Calagrius!" whispered a man

"No, 10 more minutes. We'll find something."

"Fine."

After around 5 more minutes of searching the hunters came across a bear. It was rather large, perfect for food for the miners. Calagrius decided to make the move. He inched forward until h was nearly 4 feet from the bear. A growl came from his right. He turned in time to see a large brown figure leaping toward him.

Calagrius immediatly took action. He dropped to the ground, allowing the beast to fly over his head. He instantly stood back up and turned to the creature.

It was the strangest thing he had ever seen. It was almost like a wolf, only it stood on it's hind legs when still and it's paws were almost like hands, except for the razor sharp claws on the end of them.

Calagrius held up his spear, pointing it toward the creature. He lunged and the beast dodged to the right, swiftly biting him on the shoulder. This angered Calagrius who dropped the spear and reached behind his back, pulling out a silver dagger. Before the creature had time to dodge Calagrius had already thrust the dagger into it's face. It let out bellow before falling to the ground, dead.

Calagrius suddenly felt very weak. His legs began to tremble and, try as he might, he could not stay upon his feet. He gave in to an over-whelming exhaustion and fell unconcious to the ground.

AUTHORS NOTE: Let me know what you think!

--------------------
"I may not agree with what you say, but to the death i will defend your right to say it"

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be"

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung"

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a loss of energy."

-Voltaire
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd June 2024 - 03:25 AM