Closed TopicStart new topic
> Secret of the Red Altar, Playground 1
Dantrag
post Jun 30 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #81

Councilor
Group Icon

Ahn

"We're getting out of here," he answered without slowing down, "Unlesss they have a surprise waiting for us at the end of the tunnel here."

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 5 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #82

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I'm guessing that Phiona won't meet Lucien, so I'll just move her along to Mournhold.

Phiona

Taking a deep breath, the young Bosmer came to a halt a little ways from the city gates of Morrowind's capital. Finally, that route never gets any easier, no matter how many times I take it.... Taking the appropriate time to catch her breath, Phiona strode through the streets to the Winged Guar.

The Khajiit bartender sniffed her when she approached him. "The tree-climber reeks of sweat and dirt; she has the same room as always." He growled.

Phiona nodded and went directly to her room. Throwing her ruck sack down on the bed and stripped off her armor, laying it neatly on the floor. The Bosmer slapped the water in the nearby bucket on her face and sighed as the cold took hold.

Not a moment after changing clothes, the door opened and a middle-aged Imperial appeared in the doorway.

Dagon

The familiar Bosmeri woman glared at him, "Do you ever knock?" He ignored the retorical question. "So, you killed Mayuhns Sayn then?" Phiona nodded, rising from her bed, her eyes level with his.

"And the Bronze Guild's whereabouts are now known to the army?" Dagon had no reason to ask a questionb he already knew the answer to, but he asked anyway.
"Yes, they'll be eradicated, our leader will be made immortal, and-" She paused, "Yes, we're moving forward with the plan."

The Imperial sighed and put his hands in his pockets. "Very well," With that he turned and left, leaving the murderess to enjoy her trade.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Jul 18 2007, 02:54 AM
Post #83

Knower
Group Icon

Lucien

Waking up early, Lucien packed the salted deer meat and loaded it onto his back. His thick thigh muscles were used to a load like this, so Lucien didn't bother with a cart.

About midday, Lucien arrived at the gates of Mournhold, in all its splendor. "Home for so many..." Thought Lucien, and he strode over towards the meat vendor.

After acquiring a reasonable amount of gold for the amount of meat he carried, Lucien decided that his days of hermitage in the woodlands deserved a pint and a good smoke. Coughing his way into a local inn, Lucien picked a corner of the room that had the least amount of Hackle-Lo smoke in the air. He waved at the barkeep, and the barkeep made ready a pint. Lucien stuffed and lit his pipe, then walked over to get his drink.

About halfway through the pint, Lucien remembered that he was supposed to buy more salt and a new whetstone. Feeling in his pocket for money, he counted about eight coins. Sighing to himself, then chuckling, he drained his pint and tossed the barkeep two coins.

On his way out, Lucien saw a very intriguing Bosmer female enter the Winged Guar. Pulling a drag on his pipe, Lucien shrugged and went to find someone who sold salt.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 18 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #84

Master
Group Icon

Phiona

Although the man was a tantalizing propsect, Phiona reminded herself to sell the loot before finding male company. Walking to the Great Braziar (sp.), the Bosmer located her typical fence, a pawnbroker. Phiona was pleased as her plunder earned quite a sufficient amount of the Empire's gold.

The gold in her ruck sack, she went back to the Winged Guar and deposited her earnings in her room. Now, She thought, the anticpation was nearly overwhelming.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 18 2007, 08:27 AM
Post #85

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

She followed Ahn closely, prepared for whatever they would encounter...

He still think I´m a burden, but he hasn´t seen nothing ...yet!

Lexie was focussed, adrenaline pumped through her body, she was prepared..no doubt.

She smiled at Ahn´s back...

"Men...they´re all the same, I did hope this one would prove to be different, but we´ll see"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Jul 18 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #86

Knower
Group Icon

Lucien

As Lucien payed for a bag of salt, he caught a glimpse of himself in a shiny silver platter the merchant had for sale. "The years look good on you, friend," said the merchant with a toothy smile. "Thanks," muttered Lucien, slinging the salt over his back.

As few stalls down the row Lucien saw a couple of bards chanting a Morrowind hymnal. Eager to join, Lucien asked if he could accompany the bards. They lent him a lute and together they sang and played their way through the history of Vvardenfell to the Disappearance of the Dwarves. After a while, Lucien tipped the bards and left with five coins left. "Just enough for a whetstone," he thought to himself.

The merchant who sold him the stone told him that there was trouble in the mountains, and to be wary on his travels home. Also, he told Lucien to be wary of thieves, they were everywhere these days. Lucien thanked the man and set off with his salt and his new stone. Lucien decided to investigate the Bosmer female he saw earlier, and he ran a hand through his hair. "Hopefully, I wont freeze up this time," he thought to himself, and he recalled an earlier encounter that left both of them embarrassed.

Heading into the Winged Guar, Lucien looked for the Bosmer he saw earlier.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 18 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #87

Councilor
Group Icon

Ahn

He kept up the fast pace, running through the twisting and turning corridors that were constantly descending. He looked back to make sure Lexie was keeping up.

We're almost to the tunnel.

They reached the tunnel entrance soon after, and Ahn noticed that the sound of battle was now very faint. He assumed that they hadn't been followed. He entered the tunnels without a word and lead Lexie through them. He didn't know if she knew her way through them or not; many guildmembers didn't, but he himsefl used them quite often; usually as an entrance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 18 2007, 06:11 PM
Post #88

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Lexie

Damn...he´s fast!

Lexie followed Ahn, trying her best to keep up with him. Sweat was forming on her forehead, not so much from exhaustion, but from excitement. She felt she finally could prove herself worthy, and just not the "bad" girl from Desele´s! She glanced back..Nope they were not followed...as fas as she could see. Her bow bumped up and down on her back as she ran, as did the quiver....

Heh..reassuring!

She wasn´t familiar with these tunnels, but Ahn apparently knew them like his own pockets..so no problems..

"Ok, Dunmer..now what?" she panted as she almost bumped into him...

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Jul 19 2007, 03:06 AM
Post #89

Master
Group Icon

Phiona, Winged Guar

She sat down at the bar, a goblet of red wine in one hand. Phiona sipped gently on the beverage, staring distantly in front of her with a somber look. It was a long practiced facade, she looked like a delicate, approachable maiden or a young widow.

The Bosmer cast a gaze over the front of the tavern, making eye contact with the man she'd passed before. True to her act, Phiona quickly averted her gaze staring back to the wall, hunched with false tension.

Dagon

He watched the man walk away with vague interest, the bard had a foreboding feeling about the man, or what might happen to one such as him with that thief-Bosmer here. Still, he did not follow him, the Imperial counted the septims from this one venture.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Jul 19 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #90

Knower
Group Icon

Lucien

Lucien didn't see Phiona in the corner, and he felt a little embarrassed. He quickly made his way to the barkeep and noticed the Khajit give him a dirty look. "Did a Bosmer pass through here not too long ago?" Lucien asked.
The Khajit didn't move a single muscle in his face, just kept on staring at Lucien as if to bore a hole through his face.

"Thanks," Lucien replied. Casting a cursory glance over the crowd, he still could not find Phiona. Shrugging disappointedly and sighing, he left out the front of the Winged Guar. The salt he was carrying was light weight for his legs, so Lucien shouldered the salt to one side. With his other hand he stuffed and lit his pipe. Puffing twice and then grunting with effort, Lucien set off for the gate. Singing his favorite tale about how a mudcrab saved Vivec, Lucien set off for his home.

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jul 19 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #91

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Jul 18 2007, 01:11 PM) *

Lexie

Damn...he´s fast!

Lexie followed Ahn, trying her best to keep up with him. Sweat was forming on her forehead, not so much from exhaustion, but from excitement. She felt she finally could prove herself worthy, and just not the "bad" girl from Desele´s! She glanced back..Nope they were not followed...as fas as she could see. Her bow bumped up and down on her back as she ran, as did the quiver....

Heh..reassuring!

She wasn´t familiar with these tunnels, but Ahn apparently knew them like his own pockets..so no problems..

"Ok, Dunmer..now what?" she panted as she almost bumped into him...

Ahn

Ahn stopped at what seemed to be a dead end, causing Lexie to nearly knock him over.

"Now we leave," he answered as he opened a hatch above their heads. The bright midday sun poured into the dark tunnel.

Ahn squinted his eyes as he climbed out. After reaching the surface, he offered his hand to help Lexie out.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Jul 19 2007, 10:40 AM
Post #92

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jul 19 2007, 06:13 AM) *

Ahn

Ahn stopped at what seemed to be a dead end, causing Lexie to nearly knock him over.

"Now we leave," he answered as he opened a hatch above their heads. The bright midday sun poured into the dark tunnel.

Ahn squinted his eyes as he climbed out. After reaching the surface, he offered his hand to help Lexie out.

Lexie

"Uhh...so much light!" Lexie had to cover her eyes when Ahn more or less dragged her out from the dark. "We need supplies if we´re going much longer, food and drink...or we´ll perish! I know of some plants....they´ll grow here somewhere if I´m not mistaken..."

She looked around...and also glanced at Ahn, when he didn´t notice....

Ahrrggh, must stop looking at every man as if he would be.....

She tied her back with a strap and brushed the dust off her shirt...and discovered it was torn in the front and it would only be a matter of time before it would be ....not much of a cover!

Strange....he must have noticed...but no reaction! Then maybe he is as good as I hoped he would be!

She touched his chin with her left hand.....

"Oh, you had some dirt there" she smiled..

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 26 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #93

Master
Group Icon

Deryl Farfing, a few hours after the battle.

Deryll sneered. No one seemed interested in talking. He shook his head. The only news they had received was that three people escaped.
,,Alright, take this bunch to headquarters for further questioning. My task is done here, so I won't accompany you. Don't let them escape, no excuses!" He instructed then walked into the back room which appeared to be some sort of office. He let himself slide into a comfortable chair and closed his eyes.
,,A hunt? It does seem I will have to do that."

Gro-Bolg Madrukh.

A green form washed up on the shores of Vvardenfell. A mudcrab came by to see if it was edible, but left when the giant flexed a fist. With a grunt and collossal effort, the Orsimer came back onto his feet after nearly drowning. He had cast away his armour, and had broken the blade off his sword. Only the hilt remained clutched into his hands, the hilt that carried his weapon's soul.

He suppressed a shiver as he looked around at his suroundings.
,,I need to find shelter and build a fire before I catch a cold. Then, I'll see to my next move."

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Sep 27 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #94

Master
Group Icon

Phiona, Winged Guar

Three stuffed sacks sat before her on the bar, most of the patrons had stumbled on home, now it was time to devide the spoils. The Khajiit opened the bags and did the work of counting and sorting. Phiona was just bored out of her mind, there was no art, no sport in simply walking past some drunk and taking their money.

"I get 38% as always," The bartender said, Phiona nodded and took her share. The Bosmer threw herself into her bed so taken aback by not getting a chance to work a man's heart that night.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 27 2007, 08:02 PM
Post #95

Mouth
Group Icon

James.

james who ahd been sneaking along the edge of a road on vvardenfell, was surprised to see a lone orc sitting for himself at the road, smirking James checked his shotgun, assuring that it was loaded, he jumped out.

"Okay green skins, I want your money, your alcoholic beverages, and anything else of value to satisfy my needs", he said with a smirk, as he aimed his shotgun at the orc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 27 2007, 08:13 PM
Post #96

Master
Group Icon

Gro-Bolg Madrukh.

Madrukh looked up from the fire. A strange man stood before him, holding two......metal tubes? The Orsimer furrowed his brow as he got up, slightly unsteady. He was still weakened. But a knight, no matter how weak he felt, would never give in to the demands of any force of evil, whether ancient Lich or simple bandit.
,,I am sir Madrukh. Remember it well, foul delinquent. I have no money, no alcohol, nothing of value indeed. Except for one thing, the sword on which I pledge my honour!" He spoke, gesturing at the swordhilt that he'd tied to his waist with a rope. Even if it still had a blade, it wouldn't look like much. A battered grip of leather and a rusty crossguard which showed countless nicks and scratches. He raised his fists and took one step closer.
,,Now begone before I challenge you! Repent your ways for crime does not pay! One day, you will meet your match. Hope it is not this day."

OOC: Ok, perhaps that is a bit too aggressive, but I am trying to remain in-character with him.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Sep 27 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #97

Knower
Group Icon

Trebonius, approaching the two

As Trebonius was returning to his small house from a trip to a village nearby he was humming an old tune he had learned in Wayrest. All the years he had spent in High Rock, fighting for the highest bidder in the small squabbles the many Breton lords and rulers had with each other, had hardened Trebonius, making him a person hard to impress. He had seen all the cruel things life had to offer, but he still had hope for the good things life could still offer him.

Thinking about philosophies such as this he came upon two strange travellers in front of him. An Orc and a Breton-like individual were apparently bickering over something, the Breton holding a strange iron staff pointed towards the Orc, as if it was something threatening. Trebonius decided to try and intervene.

"What seems to be the trouble here, travellers?" Trebonius asked in a gentle tone. He did not wish to anger the two travellers further.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Sep 27 2007, 08:26 PM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

Gro-Bolg Madrukh.

Madrukh was caught by surprise at the arrival of yet another stranger. This one appeared to be of the better sort though. More polite anyway.
,,Hrhm, my ears are still filled with water."

He moved to cover Trebonius with his back.
,,Please stand back, sir. This man is a robber. Be careful for he might wish to harm you."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Sep 27 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #99

Mouth
Group Icon

James, exasperated.

James was angry of having been brushed away just like that...'but then again, green dude propably never seen a shotgun before', Listen are anyone of you guys gonna give me some money or something to drink, or do I have to get creative he said with a sigh.

The sound of something big moving behind him brought an end to his argument, especially when the shadow of a large creature on two legs, and large arms, went out before him.

"Please tell me that the shadow I see is an hallucination, and there is really nothing standing behind me", James said pleadingly at the imperial and the orc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post Sep 27 2007, 08:37 PM
Post #100

Knower
Group Icon

Trebonius, surprised

"This man might try to harm me with what? His odd looking staff? It might impress a child but surely not someone like me. I've seen Orc children more frightening than this man." Trebonius said, rather arrogantly. He was a rather quiet man who spoke with wisdom whenever he felt the need to do so, yet now he was rather annoyed by this apparent highwayman.

As most veterans, Trebonius knew how frail most things were so he prized his own time and how he spent it more than anything, knowing that it's hard to build a life brick by brick, yet easy to collapse it in one fell swoop.

The sounds he heard behind the suspicious man however, worried him more than the man himself.

This post has been edited by Agent Griff: Sep 27 2007, 08:38 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 05:56 PM