Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir Is Human II- Playground XIII, the 13th....
Lord Revan
post Jul 31 2007, 04:52 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

playground 12

Let's continue boys and girls
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post Jul 31 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Amrita

Amrita just happened to look up at the right moment to see the kiss. Before she could control herself, she groaned loudly in annoyance, but quickly silenced herself as she realized what she had done.

Talking didn't actually remove her invisibility among the shadows, but it could still draw enough attention to warrant a detect life spell which could reveal her. Instintively, she rushed over to an alleyway, hoping that if a spell were used, they'd think she was an alley cat of some sorts.

From the alleyway, she continued to watch the couple, her bottom lip being bitten in self anger.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Aug 1 2007, 05:03 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, The Imperial City

Dalrus was surprised despite the fact that she expected to be kissed. She had never kissed someone so affectionately and she enjoyed every moment of it. Her eyes closed she continued to kiss him tenderly. She wasn't sure but she thought she felt the wind blow a little harder as they stood there, and the situation seemed to brighten, who cared about the snakemen anyway?
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 1 2007, 05:20 AM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann's senses told him that something wasn't quite right, and he'd heard a strange sound, but he ignored his better judgement in favor of the beautiful woman he was lucky enough to be with at the moment.

When the moment ended, and they put a bit of space between them, Rann whispered, "Don't look, but I think we're being followed. Act natural, but stay alert."

I guess a moment's peace is too much to ask for. he thought bitterly, having half a mind to seek out and thrash their unknown follower for putting a halt to their affections.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Aug 1 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, Imperial City

Dalrus winked at him to let him know she understood and the two continued on their walk, more alert, but holding hands. She was going to fry the person who stopped their moment of affection, and hoped she would have a chance to see who it was. She couldn't help thinking about the moment a few minutes ago and smiled. Then she wondered how Satyana would take it.
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 1 2007, 06:15 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

He walked along beside Dalrus, looking around while not making it obvious that he was doing so. He wasn't sure if this follower was malicious or just nosy, and that lack of knowledge made him a little uneasy.

He considered calling out their unwanted visitor, but he'd almost died for similar mistakes and it wasn't something he wanted to risk with Dalrus around, so they just walked back towards the Tiber Septim. Rann's hope was that the amount of people around the hotel would discourage the sneaky follower.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 1 2007, 08:46 PM
Post #7

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Satyana

While having her drink she wondered where Rann was

"Did he leave ,Issac? "she asked.. "And was it Dalrus I saw?...I wonder, Rannie used to have a soft spot for her" Satyana laughed, not at all displeased by that...Dalrus was ok....also as sister-in-law!

Brianna

"Why of course we need some kind of priest, to do the formal thing" Brianna smiled, " but we can as well ....do other things in the meantime. They might still have a room left at the Tiber Septim....so Rahvin, my dear, shall we?"

Brianna leaned forward to kiss him....

"Mmmm.....Rahv....I like the smell of you"

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 1 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Issac

Despite the relatively good quality of the wine, the taste was lacking, but then, he had heard that you had to "acquire taste" for some wine. Still, Issac managed to hide his grimace as the liquid went down his throat.

He looked up when Satyana brought up Rann leaving with Dalrus. As she spoke a large grin spread over his face, he found it just as amusing as she did. "I don't think he ever lost that soft spot. I'll bet that they will walk back in here, hand in hand."
As he turned to look at the tavern entrance, Issac spotted the two walk in. Seeing them holding hands, Issac had to turn around to hide the fierce smile that he wore. After a few moments he succeeded in calming down.
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post Aug 1 2007, 11:23 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

The Silhouette, Outside the city

While the city was surrounded by most of his army, dissappearances were happening over the rest of Cyrodiil. People who might have been able to ralley a defense for the city would suddenly leave without warning. Fear struck the hearts of people in almost all the provinces, for it was not just in Cyrodiil that these kidnappings happened. No where seemed safe and with the continent mostly under his control, besides the defense the escape of the Morrowind army to the Imperial City.

While the Silhouette had not directly taken control of the continent, he would kidnap the leaders before any action would be taken, a lot of people refused to believe something was going on in Cyrodiil, and turned a blind eye.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 2 2007, 01:46 AM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

Mannimarco

Suddenly, the King of Worms felt the vampire with three souls enter the immediate area. Mannimarco knew that the black soul gem was on its way, but he needed more time for it to arrive. Casting a ball of black energy, Mannimarco shot it off in the direction that the vampire's presence was strongest. The ball exploded sending tendrils of energy randomly off into the army. The black energy removed skin and tore through armour, and Mannimarco made another spell ready.

The King of Worms felt the soulgem draw closer, but it was still too far away.

Astratus

Walking back to his tent, and feeling good about himself for the first time in a long while, Astratus breathed a sigh of relief when he saw Karn sitting in his tent. "Evening, let's get down to business, shall we?" Astratus said, sitting across from Karn.

There was a strong urge to grab for a drink, but Astratus suppressed it, and then said, "I have had my men looking for you for a while, but no matter, there are more imortant thing to talk about. There is a sewer system in the city, and also the docks are unguarded. I do not have the men for a dock defence and a sewer defence, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind reinforcing one of these positions so I can focus troops on a different strategical point."

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

Know yourself and you will win all battles.
- Sun Tzu

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 2 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Ian, facing off

Ian got up slowly. When sudden motion appeared on his enhanced senses, the vampire lept back and rolled on the moist grass to evade the percieved attack. He looked around to survey the results, two out of a trio of goblins nearby were shredded by the attack.

And from the screams of pain and outrage Ian heard, the cuyrse had struck more of the army. Maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll attack Mannimarco. He thought dryly. Cloaking his form, Ian moved off.

Now that Mannimarco had kindly given away his position, the vampire went on hunter's instinct, and made to stalk his target. Sprinting in a gently curving path toward a nearby wooden watch tower. Ian vaulted halfway up the twelve foot tall structure and then climbed the ladder to the top.

Upon reaching the observation point, the vampire spotted a mixed group of goblins, maruaders, and all the other groups whose members were apparently struck with Mannimarco's indiscriminate sorcery. As they made their way to the necromancer lord, Ian retrieved his bow and a bonemold arrow from one of his quivers.
The arrow had an freezing aura to it, this should give the necromancer a rude awakening. Ian tunred his attention inward for a few moments. "I'll have to concentrate to make this, tell me if anything tries to attack while I'm still aiming."

Karn, Astratus' Tent

He nodded slightly to the commander's greeting. "The funny things is," the Dunmer said casually. "Is that my kin are already held up in the sewers. That is the reason your men couldn't locate us, we've already gotten used to the smell."

"Oh," Karn added matter-of-factly. "There shouldn't be a rat problemin the Imperial City for a long time, we killed them all and piled them up in places where disease could fester without impeding our movements."

"Only the southern, eastern, and southeastern entrances are accessable from outside the city. But we have placed those under our guard."
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 2 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Rahvin

He knew that Brianna was wanting a kiss, but instead of giving it, he scooped her up and began to carry her up the stairs.

Aerona

Aerona spotted Rann and Dalrus entering the hotel again, and decided not to miss a second opportunity to do what needed to be done.

"Excuse me," she said to Sadril as she lifted her skirts and walked quickly down the stairs, almost running straight into Rahvin and Brianna.

"Rann!" she called as she neared the couple, choosing to ignore the fact that Issac and Satyana would know who betrayed them.

"Can I talk to you?" she asked quietly once she was standing in front of them, "Alone?"

Rann

Rann had barely crossed the threshold of the doorway when Aerona appeared. He was a little fearful, hoping Dalrus wouldn't think that Aerona was any sort of competition. He just felt a little responsible for the emotionally fragile vampire girl.

"Uh, sure," he answered, "I'll be right there."

As Aerona moved towards a secluded corner of the common room, Rann gave Dalrus a quick peck on the cheek.

"I'll be right back."

He met Aerona at a table across the room from their companions.

"What's going on?" he asked, pulling up a chair.

"You didn't hear this from me, but I had to tell you. I mean, you did save me from that creep a few weeks ago, and I thou-"

"Just spill it," Rann urged, realizing that Aerona was nervously rambling.

Aerona told him then of the conspiracy. Everything she knew that Satyana, Issac, and Ian had said in the room. Rann was shocked. Not that he didn't expect something like this from Ian or Issac, but Satyana? That felt like a stab in the back.

"Thanks for telling me," he said to Aerona as he stood and made his way towards Issac and Satyana's table.

"Mind if I sit?" he asked politely. It was obvious that something had him fired up, and it was obvious that the niceties came with difficulty.

Cerpin

There's a goblin coming from your right, but you've got time if you fire in the next five seconds. he informed Ian.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 2 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

OCC: I was thinking of hitting 'Marco painfully, but not in a down-for-the-count way....

Issac

Issac picked up the strain in Rann's voice, something he had grown quite used to in these months of traveling with him. He shook his head, answering Rann's question, although he maintained no illusions that denying Satyana's brother would change anything.

"So, do you want some wine? I haven't really developed a taste for it." The Altmer asked, the offer a pathetic attampt at quenching Rann's flames. Doesn't this feel familiar? I guess it won't take more than a few heartbeats to find out what has Rann in this fine mood..... Issac mused pessimisticly, subtly bracing himself.

Ian

Without reply, the vampire let the frost bonemold fly. He watched for a heartbeat before jumping off his tower. Landing on the shack which provided foundation for the tower, Ian looked to see the arrow sink itself into the King of Worms' arm, just below the shoulder.

A thin coating of ice crawled up and down the necromancer lord's arm, partially encasing his shoulder. It was at that point at which the goblin he had been warned about approached him. Having not witnessed the shot, the goblin mogrel didn't know whether this man before it was friend or foe.
When the vampire went on its way after glancing at the goblin, the goblin could only assume it wasn't an enemy and followed suit.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 2 2007, 08:57 AM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 2 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

He had been just about to let them both have it, but then he remembered that he had left Dalrus standing in the doorway. He most certainly didn't want to offend her by leaving her alone in the doorway, and she probably didn't want to witness the verbal fight that was sure to happen. That moment of pause allowed him time to think before he acted. He decided then that he would be able to do more if they didn't know that he knew. He visibly calmed and while that flame of anger inside him was quenched, there was still a fierce ember glowing.

"Yeah, I'll take wine," he answered while he got Dalrus's attention and motioned for her to join them.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Aug 2 2007, 06:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Aug 2 2007, 06:10 PM
Post #15

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Brianna

"Oh!" she said when Rahvin ran up the stairs with her in his arms. She didn´t mind though...not at all. She held her arms tight around his neck, burying her face at his throat....feeling quite happy...as a matter of fact..happier than she ever had felt in her entire life. Her childhood had been strange, she was often left alone because her mother had better things to do than looking after her. Then her short life as Jadier´s mistress, now that wasn´t so bad, but even he had very little time for her. Now she felt that Rahvin would be with her....take care of her and above all...love her!

Brianna sighed out of sheer joy....

At least I will die happy! But no!! I shouldn´t be thinking like that!

Satyana

She had no idea why Rann acted weird. Because he did! Nobody eles seemed to notice, but she difd! Ran was angry..angry with her! She could feel it, but she had no idea why....Issac offered him some wine, and he acted civil, but Satyana had the feeling he actually wanted to smack Issac right in his face....and what he wanted to do with her...she could very well guess....and she didn´t like it at all.

Satyana was afraid of her brother.....very much afraid. Dalrus presence was probably the only thing that stopped him from.....hurting her. Oh aye, she was convinced that her brother wouldn´t hesitate hurting her if he found it to be the right thing to do.

She decided to say nothing....but she prepared herself to defend both Issac and hesrelf if Rann would do something. Rann wasn´t a magician....but she was and she wouldn´t hesitate to use magic on her brother in order to defend Issac....and herself!

OOC: Honestly, Danny, I have no idea why Rann is so angry with Issac and Satyana! I read back but I still don´t understand! blink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 2 2007, 06:47 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

Mannimarco

Cursing in an ancient tongue, Mannimarco felt for the vampire. The ice began to slow his thoughts, so Mannimarco cast a fire spell on his arm, incinerating it. Pain swirled in torrents in his mind, yet he kept his composure and noticed the vampire away near a tower. "Sniping bast---," was all Mannimarco could say before a courgeous goblin with his left arm missing took a swing at him. Mannimarco punched into the goblin's chest with his bad arm and drained life out of the goblin, converting it back into his arm.

"Any other challengers?" Mannimarco yelled as a sickly green light swirled around his injured arm. No one else approached Mannimarco, and the King of Worms felt the vampire in his thoughts. "So we like to play with ice, do we?" He muttered to himself. Weaving a tangled web of ice that he had cast on Issac and on a knight a long time ago, Mannimarco dropped the weave from the sky, missing on purpose, but only to distract the vampire.

Mannimarco then shot a wave of blood from one of the resurrected zombies towards Ian, crimson streaking across the field like an arrow. Mannimarco then used his mind to connect with Ian's vampire legs, compeling them to stop moving. Mannimarco ran towards the vampire, brandishing his staff and sending multicolored lights towards him, each with their own potent death spells.

--------------------

If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin.
- Ivan Turgenev

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 2 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

Ian, putting up a fight

The unexpected impact of the huge chunk of ice on the ground near him cuased Ian to stumble slightly. When the stream of old blood, his grey robes became covered in the dark maroon liquid. While some vampires could drink all manner of blood, Ian spit the zombie's half-coagulated blood out of his mouth.

By then he was getting annoyed, but the anger skyrocketed when he toppled to the ground without warning. "Compassion," the vampire swore as he dug his wrist blades into the soil. Using them for leaverage, he launched himself a couple meters away, rolling in mid-flight.

Several curses flew past where he had been moments ago. Quickly, Ian drew his bow again and nocked an arrow with a fiery aura. This one seemed to have an area effect, so Ian aimed at the ground a little ways ahead of the charging Mannimarco.
Counting on the arrow's momentum to cause the fire enchantment to wash over his target, Ian let the arrow fly.
+Quote Post
Priest of Sithis
post Aug 2 2007, 07:16 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Mannimarco

Watching the arrow land and suddenly burst into flame startled Mannimarco, and he only had time for a minor shield spell. The burnt smell of flesh and the hemmes of his robes went into Mannimarco's nostrils, and made him furious. "I am not losing this body!" he yelled as he stormed through the embers of the spell.

Mannimarco reached out with his hand and felt for the dead blood on Ian. He caused the blood to weigh septuple its own weight. Mannimarco projected a nightmare he suffered in Oblivion on a psychic wave that was ghastly white in appearence. He sent it hurtling towards the vampire to explode in energy when it reached its destinations. He ran next to a rogue mage and screamed, "Give me your magicka!" as he placed his hand on the mage's hand and drained him. The husk that was the mage fell to the ground, and Mannimarco used this last bit of magicka to summon the Black Soul Gem to his person. "Now you die a second time, slave!"

OOC: Not intending to kill, Ian should be able to get away, Mannimarco is almost empty.

Astratus

"Most interesting that you have already made safe the sewers. Do you need anything, I can spare little, but you are putting your lives on the line for a city that you don't even need." After he spoke, he said to himself, "That no one needs..." Muttering on about the pointlessness of the city, Astratus turned back to Karn and offered him a drink. Astratus poured himself a glass of wine, then he stood up and unbuckled everything but his sword. He placed his things back in their places and sat back down across from Karn.

--------------------

- Ivan Turgenev

- Ursula Le Guin

- Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Aug 2 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Cerpin

I know that I taught you that dispel spell for just this moment, he began, But I think reflect would be a bit more ironic, right? Trap him in his own soulgem?

It's a good plan, but you have to time it perfectly; you can't casst it too early and tip him off, but you can't do it too late and doom us all. Think you're up for it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post Aug 2 2007, 08:49 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

OCC: Let's just say that Mannimarco lost his control over Ian's legs when he got scorched. The SIlhouete is free to appear anytime now, Florodine. Patholos can witness this, too.

Ian, fighting to the last

Even as he was burdened by the increased wieght of the blood covering him, Ian was relieved that the corrupting influence over his body had subsided. Even as Mannimarco sapped the magical strength of another mage, the vampire strained to lift himself up into a hunched, standing position.

The psychic wave covered half the distance, by the time Ian reacted to it. Chanting the first incantation that came to mind, the vampire was thrown through the air when the hex struck. Skidding across the ground, Ian noticed two things, the burden spells was waning somewhat, and his fortified magical reserves increased dramatically.

"An absorb magic spell, I didn't get all the magicka, but it seems that Mannimarco is running low anyway..." He muttured aloud to himself and his two soulbound allies. Less affected by the burden, Ian jumped to his feet.

With the extra magic, the vampire cast fortify strength upon himself and heating his wrist blades to red hot. The decaying flesh of the three zombie slaves parted easily as scorching steel sliced through them.

This post has been edited by Lord Revan: Aug 2 2007, 08:53 PM
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:09 AM