Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Knights of the Nine - New Kvatch, Attempt at fan-fic
McBadgere
post Dec 29 2011, 02:58 PM
Post #108

Councilor
Group Icon

Dramatis Personae –

My Knights of The Nine story takes place over a large number of years, as you might expect with either long-lived races or immortal characters...This is leading to several extra storylines, set in different decades...

The main story is meant to be the New Kvatch story, so those characters have nothing added...I’m adding the names of the storylines in which the other characters appear in brackets, so as to say which era they belong to...

Here’s a timeline guide to the storylines...So far –

New Kvatch – 3E 439...
Empire – 3E 604...
Skyrim (Includes The Companionabe Adventure of Sir J'Zirlo of New Kvatch) – 3E 634...

Robert McWylde (Commander. Imperial man with Elvish blood from his Grandfather. Ex-Legio Elitarii. A favourite of Emperor Uriel Septim. Responsible for re-forming the Knights.)

Caroline McWylde (Knight-Marshal. Imperial woman with Nord blood from her Grandmother. Wife of Robert McWylde. Ex-Imperial Legion, Dragon Company.)

J’Drell (Knight-Marshal. Argonian male. Ex-Legio Investigato. Large for an Argonian. Quietly one of the strongest mages on the planet.)

James Thedret (Knight-Marshal. Redguard man. Ex-Imperial Legion. One of the “Original Nine” Knights at the re-formation.)

Aeirawen (Knight-Marshal. Wood-Elf woman. Ex-Imperial Legion. Caroline McWylde’s best friend. She was recently made a Knight of Kynareth and therefore, Immortal.)

Galasafon (Knight-Marshal. Wood-Elf male. Not much is known of his past, but his magic is off any chart.)

Mazkay Dinai (General. Nordic man. Ex-Imperial Legion. Formerly retired, General Dinai packed up and brought his wife from Morrowind to follow the call.)

Kelleryn Oreyn (Knight. Dark-Elf male. Expelled from The Mages Guild’s Arcane University due to his ever present wraith-esque “Uncles”, and his inability to focus and keep the disciplines separate. Nephew of Modryn Oreyn, who essentially raised him.)

Niil Deaconsson (Knight. Redguard Man. Has aspirations to be in the Knights Shadow.)

Darl Ordan (Captain. Imperial Man.)

Sharneena Royal (Captain. Orc. Adopted daughter of Lady Helen Royal. Shy when talking, but deadly in a fight. Half human.)

Keern Ralman (Knight. Imperial. Portly. Excellent with calming spells. Likes his food.)

Marlshan Jacks (Knight. Imperial. Ex-Legion Scout. Niil Deaconsson’s best friend.)

Tarn Holforn (Captain. Nordic male. In charge of the clean-up division. Everyone from Robert McWylde down know he’s a General, but he doesn’t want the glory.)

Carodus Oholin (General. Chief of The Knights Shadow. Imperial man. Ex-Imperial Legion. One of the “Original Nine” knights.)

Marcus Jarn (Captain, Knights Shadow. Imperial man.)

Brellin (Sub-Commander of the KOTN. Wood-Elf male. One of the “Original Nine”. )

Avita Areldur (nee Vesnia) (Knight-Marshal. Imperial woman. One of the “Original Nine”.)

Marn Areldur (Knight-Marshal. High-Elf male. One of the “Original Nine”.)

Gukimir Friedasson (Maer (Mayor) of New Kvatch. Nordic Male. Architect. Lost an arm in defence of Bruma. Ex-Legion in Skyrim. One of the “Original Nine”.)

Geimund Friedasson (Knight-Marshal. Nordic Male. Brother of Gukimir. Ex-Legion in Skyrim. One of the “Original Nine”.)

J’Zirlo (Captain. Khajiit. Ancestor of the J’Zirlo in the Skyrim storyline.)

J’Zirlo (Skyrim) (Knight-Marshal. Khajiit male. Selected by J’Drell as one of the Knights tasked with attempting to find the previous generation of Knights of Skyrim in order to conquer Skyrim and bring it – once more – into Empress McWylde’s Empire. Has the Blessing of Zenithar power.)

Caerellin (Empire/Skyrim) (General/Knight-Marshal. Bosmer. The son of Aeirawen and Brellin. Has the Blessing of Julianos power.)

Wulff Olfsson (Skyrim) (Knight-Marshal. Nordic male. Descendent of Farn Olfsson. Blessing of Akatosh power.)

Dinasafon (Empire/Skyrim) (Knight-Marshal. Bosmer male. The son of Galasafon and Celia Warlasarde. Blessing of Kynareth power.)

Shaade (Skyrim) (Knight-Marshal. Imperial woman. Blessing of Mara power.)

Other Militaric Orders -

Lady Helen Royal (Chief Knight-Hospitalier. Imperial woman. Head of the College Hospitalier. Adoptive mother of Sharneena Royal.)

Farn Olfsson (Knight-Marshal, Head of the Fighters Guild, Blade. Nordic Man. Cousin of Caroline McWylde. Married Caroline Trewan of The Blades during the Oblivion Crisis.)

Caroline Olfsson (nee Trewan) (Sub-Commander of the Blades. Imperial woman.)

Andreius Jarn (Empire) (Knights Shadow General. Imperial man. Married to Empress Mia McWylde, father to Prince Robert and Princess Eleni.)

Cairn Olfsson (Empire) (Knights’ Blades Captain. Nordic male. One of the bodyguards of the Empress. Descendent of Farn, and father of Wulff Olfsson.)

Ka’Sari (Empire) (Knights’ Blades Captain. Khajiit female. One of Mia McWylde’s protectors.

Nol Areldur (Empire) (Altmer Naval Fleet Admiral. Altmer male. 600 years old. Has sailed pretty much every sea on Nirn. Cousin to Marn Areldur of the KOTN.)

Siar Eremnor (Empire) (Altmer Naval Commodore. Altmer male.)

Jeck Harramaund (Empire) (Altmer Naval Fleet Admiral. Altmer male.)

Miitr Farrada (Empire) (Altmer Naval Oversaar (Naval chief). Altmer Male.)

Koyree Areldur (Empire) (Altmer Naval Commodore. Altmer Female. Daughter of Nol Areldur.)

Rae Treort (Empire) (Colonel. Aerldur's Altmer Fleet Security chief. Or as a wise man observed, Chief of the Fleet Marines.)

Farkas (Skyrim) (Companions leader. Nord Male.)

Aela (Skyrim) (Companion leader. Nord female.)

Royalty –

Uriel Septim (Emperor. Imperial Male.)

Mia McWylde (Empire) (Empress. Married to Andreius Jarn of the Knights Shadow. She is the granddaughter of Robert and Caroline McWylde. Her mother is Robert and Caroline’s daughter Maire, and her father is named as the Nordic Knight, Karran Shernsson. She has two children. Prince Robert and Princess Eleni with Jarn. Her Altmer heritage (via Robert McWylde) means she has an extended lifetime.)

Civilians -

Seri Ormandin (Archmage of the Mages Guild’s Arcane University. High-Elf male. Robert McWylde’s best friend. Recently elevated to Archmage after four years in High-Rock.)

Maloryn (Bodyguard to Ormandin. Dark-Elf male. Not much is known about Maloryn, except for one allusion to a mysterious past.)

Tauren (Assistant. Imperial man. Robert Mcwylde’s personal assistant. Not a servant as he gets paid. A fusspot.)

Gael (Orchard Keeper. Appears to be a Nord, but is apparently something else entirely. A Derwydd - an original Knight of Kynareth.)

Ras'sheena (Khajiit female. Had an unfortunate of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.)

Kenth Olford (Imperial Male. Caroline McWylde's father. Retired General. Sword trainer. Trained Caroline and Robert McWylde, Farn Olfsson and Uriel Septim amongst others.)

Danikka (Imperial girl. Citizen of Aldmeris. Saved by the Androform Myrrl from an attack by spiders and a dragon. Later called by Julianos into his service.)

Danica Pure-Spring (Skyrim) (High-Priestess of Kynareth in Whiterun. Redguard female.)

Trellanwr (Empire) (Bosmer male. Aide to Overlord Tcheet of the Thalmor.)

Mrs Bleddyn (Empire) (Altmer woman. The aged landlady of Trellanwr.)

Divines -

Tiber Septim (God. Formerly known as Talos. But since the lighting of the Allfire (a magical barrier to stop re-invasion from other planes of existence) the original Tiber Septim personality has re-emerged.)

Stendarr (God. God of Mercy. Responsible for the Curse that afflicts Robert McWylde.)

Akatosh (God. Chief Divine. Lord of Time and all that.)

Kynareth (God. Mother Nature. Yes, yes she is.)

Julianos (God. God of Knowledge and Logic. The mysterious Keeper of the Books.)

Mara (God. Her teachings guide Carline McWylde.)

Zenithar (God. Husband of Kynareth.)

Kyralee (Former God. Murdered by Lorkhan for reasons unknown. This event started the Dawn War between the Divines)

Lorkhan (Former God. Destroyed by the They/Them for starting the Dawn War by Murdering Kyralee.)

The They/Them (Creators and overseers of the Universe and the Divines.)

Representing Evil -

Marrick Gellert (Imperial Male. Ex-Imperial Commander. Head of the Dragon Company soldiery. Conspired with Mehrunes Dagon and the Mythic Dawn to bring down the Emperor.)

Glarthir (Bosmer male. Ex-Legio Elitarii Captain. Galasafon's former brother-in-law. Murdered Galasafon's sister in a paranoid rage and, with the aid of a rogue company, murdered the rest of the village. Presumed killed by the Elitarii, until it was discovered that he'd been murdered by Ras'sheena)

Ofwysyn Tcheet (Empire) (Overlord of the Thalmor. Altmer male. Former General. Apparently communes with the Divine Arkay. Received powers from Arkay, suggesting similar in power to the KOTN.)

Oostermann (Empire) (High Priest of the Thalmor and Arkay. Altmer male. Communes with Arkay.)

Merhal Tcheet (Empire) (Supreme Commander of the Thalmor invasion of Cyrodiil. Altmer male. Son of Ofwysyn Tcheet.)

Ondolemar (Empire) (Justicar of the Thalmor. Altmer male. Captures Areldur et al in Dusk, Summerset Isles.)

Ecclensivar (Empire) (Justicar of the Thalmor. Altmer male. Discovers Nol Areldur in the Padomaic Ocean and orders him home. Killed by Rae Treort (on orders from Areldur) and ship scuttled and sent to the bottom of the ocean)

Bethesda Softworks (Sorry, couldn't resist... tongue.gif )

Mythical Beings and Animals

Paarthrunax (Dragon. Last of the Dragons. Vigil keeper. Awww bless 'im. *Tickles chin*)

Two (Horse. White Anvillian destrier owned by J'Drell.)

Ewythr (Horse. Cheydinhal Black, owned by Kelleryn Oreyn.)

Yskraich (Giant, apparently un-killable multi-armed beings. Presumed extinct.)

Myrrl (Androform. First creation of Julianos. Sees Myrrl as his son. Ten foot tall, made of an invulnerable white marble-esque element. With a blue, oversized skull-like head with super-welkynds where eyes and a mouth would be. A third, smaller “Eye” in the forehead. Chest, hands and boots armoured in blue with gold trim. Completely invulnerable. God hunter.)

Arrai (Androform. Sister of Myrrl, daughter of Julianos. Tends to the Nirn-Sphere orrery, that displays the whereabouts of the peoples, creatures and divines of Nirn.)

Neerlah (Androform. Sister of Myrrl, daughter of Julianos. Currently serving as protector of Aldmeris. Prefers her own company...And long walks on Masser.)

Other terms...

Legio Elitarii - Black-Ops squad. Answerable only to The Emperor. Now disbanded.

Legio Investigato - FBI.

Knights Shadow - Replacement for the Elitarii.

Knights Hospitalier - Medical and healing arm of the KOTN.

Knight Blades (Empire) – As time went on, and the Blades had no Emperor to protect, the Blades fell under the watch of the Knights of The Nine while still retaining their own separate identity, as an order of monastic watchers.

Knight-Marshals - Before the KOTN became as large an organisation as it is during this story, there were far fewer knights about. Once the decision to go fully into the militaristic way of things, due to the influx of The Called, all the "Inner Circle" Knights were given the title Knight-Marshal...This basically means that although they are under command of the Commander and Generals, they have the right to go and do whatever they see best...Sanctioned Rogue Operatives basically...

Order of The Lamp - From a genuine Oblivion book, came the Military arm of the Mage's Guild called The Order of The Lamp...Taked with the protection of Mages on tour, they seem to have been disbanded by the Oblivion game years...Ormandin reforms the Order soon after 3E 638...

Derwydd – The original Knights of Kynareth...Mythical beings with powers over the fabric of Nirn...

Justicar - Bethesda's original word is Justiciar...However a combination of idiocy, and not hearing the word properly before, meant that when I was planning all this, it became Justicar...Which in an infinately cooler word...As the other just sounds like Justice Sissies...Yes it does...Anyways...

Justicar - The Thalmor (not-so)secret police force/security/spy network types.

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jul 31 2012, 06:17 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 29 2011, 03:22 PM
Post #109

Councilor
Group Icon

Answers!!...

Thank ye all on yer comments about Paarthrunax...'Tis only a cameo, I think over-use of him would be wrong...But d'you know, that bit and the following bit are the only parts th'wife has read?...She loved it too, cause she knows who I based Julianos on... biggrin.gif ...But cheers, yes...

Cheers all...

Grits - not sure what you think it means... biggrin.gif ...But it is a kind of nod to everyone's Lore gripe... biggrin.gif ...And as I'm going to change some of it anyways... biggrin.gif ...

Athynae - biggrin.gif ...I'll keep going so long as I don't get run out of town by pitchfork wielding fellow posters... biggrin.gif ...

Mustard - Yes, it's going to be quite an adjustment for Aeirawen...Someone has to tell Caroline yet...

Acadian and mALX - Many many thanks...Glad you're still with it... biggrin.gif ...

Next will be Galasafon...As soon as I finish it... kvright.gif ...*Shivers*... biggrin.gif ...

biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Athynae
post Dec 29 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #110

Knower
Group Icon

Merci Beaucoup for the second round of clarification, one can never be too clear on these things...lol.

--------------------
"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action." - Mae West (Hush Foxy)
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Dec 29 2011, 09:12 PM
Post #111

Master
Group Icon

Aww, who knew that dragons could be so cute? (Not that I know what little Paart looks like, but he seems so cuddly.) Hug_emoticon.gif

I also liked the gods' interactions. They're more anthropomorfic than I imagined, but it works. Besides, its not productive to break your future knight's minds with impossible angles and stuff during the recruitmentspeech.

And finally, rocks should not fly. But I don't care, because flying rocks are more awesome than notflying rocks. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 30 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #112

Ancient
Group Icon

Loved Aeirawen's immortality - she's immortal till someone kills her, ROFL !! Thanks for the update!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 30 2011, 07:02 AM
Post #113

Councilor
Group Icon

Ahh, the flying rock thing...Thought it looked too subtle... biggrin.gif ...

Y'all heard of Stonehenge?...Large monolithic structure, said to be anything from an ancient calendar to a sacrificial altar and an alien landing beacon...

Aaamywho, noone is entirely sure how it was built, as the type of rock used comes from hundreds of miles away...And one (I hope) joke theory is that the Druids flew them there...

So I had my Druid be able to levitate rock...

Oh, and trust me, you'd want to marry Paarthrunax...Really...He's the cutest thing on the game...By miles...I wanted to...*Sniffs...Wails*...

Cheers Jack...*Bows*... biggrin.gif ...

mALX...Yes, a lot of immortals seem to come out as Superman, where they're also invulnerable...I think it's slightly boring and lazy, so Aeirawen - at least - will still have to rely on her wits until the end of time... tongue.gif ...

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Dec 30 2011, 07:06 AM
+Quote Post
Athynae
post Dec 30 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #114

Knower
Group Icon

Hey I see flying rocks all the time!! Does that mean my son is a druid?? Sometimes I think his head is as hard as a rock too, is that another sign?

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 1 2012, 01:16 PM
Post #115

Councilor
Group Icon

New Parts Alert!!!!... biggrin.gif ...

Previously on KOTNNK...Galasafon turned up inside Fort Freedom just in time to save Caroline Mcwylde from Marrick Gellert...At present, he is holding onto the unconcious body of Gellert on fellow Knight Kelleryn Oreyn's horse, headed(-ish) for New Kvatch...

As for his past...

1.11 – Galasafon. (pt.1)

Commander J’Drell, our assets on The Summerset Isle report complete and horrifying success of the operation... The Crystal Tower and the entire of Alinor, right the way down to Sunhold... Having removed fully one third of the island with the explosion, and your own success against the Navy, it would seem that the Aldmeri Dominion has collapsed entirely... It would probably be an excellent humanitarian gesture for the Empress to offer aid to the Isles, given that no-one other than the eight of us (well, seven now) know about the Island operation... The Geo-Morph suggests that keeping an eye out for dimming of the sun and any seismic activity along the Gold Coast is advisable...

I do hope the cost was worth it...

May the Nine forgive us...

- Edited sections of the report to Knight-Commander J’Drell by General Eshe Deaconsson, Knights Shadow. 3E 604.

Sun’s Dusk, 3E 432.

He opened his eyes.

He was leaning his back against the rock as he caught his breath.

Why was he running again? The Bosmer frowned.

An arrow passed mere inches from his face and he suddenly had an idea why. Feeling like up the road was really the best option, he ran.

Who the hell was he? Why did these people want to kill him? What the Hells was this red diamond in the middle of his armour? It meant something didn’t it? Damn damn damn. The Bosmer knew the answer was there, just out of reach. He blinked the tears away from his eyes.

Suddenly, the world changed. Frowning, he passed an arrow that was floating in the air. Looking up, the birds were standing still. There was a roar as the air was pushed past him. What the Hells was this?

Something hit him from behind and he pitched forward. The Bosmer managed to get his hands over his head before he hit the ground. A giant woman in gold armour – what there was of it – started pummelling him. He put his hand up, said a word he didn’t remember and the woman flew backwards.

Instantly he was on his feet and again and running. The world changed again. He looked down and cried out. He couldn’t see his legs! In his shock he stopped. The golden clad woman ran past him and didn’t slow down. He turned and looked back the way he came. There were several more of the armoured women charging up the road, as well as a few others, armoured or otherwise.

What the Hells have I done?

Shrugging, the Bosmer started running again. Suddenly he remembered why he was headed this way. Laughing, he put his head down and charged.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The white and grey armoured Bosmer thought he’d reached the clearing well before the crowd following him, but on turning around he discovered they were far too close for comfort.

Damn, he thought to himself. He chewed his lip and swept his shoulder length dark hair back out of his face. Then he looked into the grove at the end of the road.

He knew that through the roiling, seething, glowing orb that sat in the middle of the grove like a miniature sun, lay where he needed to be. Why, he wasn’t sure, or – indeed – where that actually was, but he was absolutely certain that was where he needed to be.

The golden armoured woman from earlier was walking around the grove, looking outwards. He watched the woman slowly turning a circle.

Hugging the wall either side of the entrance to the grove. He knew he was out of time.

“If I may suggest...Sir,” the last word was dripping with sarcasm, delivered by a seemingly bored voice beside him.

The Bosmer jumped and fire appeared around one hand, ready – it seemed – to be launched at the newcomer. “Who the kriffing Hells are you?”

“Oh dear, about to be incinerated again,” the close-crop haired man sighed, “very amusing.”

The man frowned then narrowed his eyes and looked down into the Bosmer’s. Sighing deeply, he turned away. “I fear, My Lord that the Lady Relmyna’s ministrations have left you...At a disadvantage...And if you are here alone...I fear for...” There was a pause, “I’m so sorry, sir.” The man’s eyes seemed genuinely sad when he turned back, but then hardened again. The smartly dressed man looked down the road, “It would seem we are about to be overrun...Sir. If you would permit me to offer several words?”

The Bosmer nodded.

The man said some words and told the Bosmer to repeat them.

Instantly, the air seemed to thicken and a great chill descended on the grove. A thick fog obscured everything. Light dimmed and noise was swallowed up. Although the Bosmer could still see the road in front of him, his actual destination had been hidden by the cold and clammy fog.

“Wow.” Said the Bosmer.

“Indeed,” said the slender man with his eyebrow raised, “really most impressive...Now, with your permission My Lord, if you truly intend to leave these lands to its fate and return to Mundus, would you at least transfer the Word of Rule to one who would try keep the lands in...Order?” There was the hint of an amused grin and one eyebrow twitched.

“Umm,” the little grey eyed Knight started to say, “I have no idea what you’re talking about at all. Rule?..Me?..I don’t even know where I am for the Nine’s sake.” The Bosmer frowned deeply “The Nine...” He shook his head, “Do you mean give whatever to you?”

The man nodded. “It seems these last few months with you here have left the land...Better. I find I am...” The slender, well spoken man’s face contorted somewhat into a wince, “Happy.

It seems I’m compelled to do the...Right thing.” The man’s face looked as though he’d trodden in something foul.

The Bosmer shrugged, “Okay. How do I do it then?”

“Put your hand on my arm and repeat these words, Lord, and it will be done.”

Words were spoken, there was a flash, the man winced and then there was...No change.

“Did it work?” asked the Bosmer.

“Oh yes,” said the man, his eyes flashing amusement. He turned, raised a hand and a glowing barrier appeared a little way down the road. “That should hold them for a while...

“Right, my former and future Lord, I believe you were leaving. All you need to do is get through her,” the man inclined his head towards the grove, “and I think you will need these for that.” He opened his hands and an ebony sword and shield appeared.

The Bosmer grabbed them, put the shield on his arm and swept the sword about experimentally.

“Yes, very good Sir. Time is of the essence...”

“Thank you.” The Bosmer said. “Umm...I really don’t remember your name.”

“Haskill, my great and little Lord.” Said the man with a smile and an outstretched hand.

The Bosmer smiled back, shook the offered hand and asked. “So what is my name?”

“I believe you once told me that your name out there,” Haskill gestured towards the grove again, “was Galasafon.”

The Bosmer raised an eyebrow, “Really?”

Haskill actually laughed, “Yes, Sir, really.”

“Oh.”

“One more thing, Sir. You are now vastly different to when you came here. You are now possessed of - so-called - Godly powers. They will affect you on Mundus...Profoundly...Take care, won’t you?”

Galasafon nodded just as the firebolts started exploding against Haskill’s barrier.

“Farewell for now My Lord, and good luck...and...Thank you.” Haskill winced and shuddered.

“Will you be alright?”

Haskill nodded, pointed a thumb backwards and said, “As they say elsewhere, Go?”

Galasafon smiled, ran, met the golden armoured woman head on, and in a flurry of sword against sword, then sword point through chest, the fight was done.

Galasafon looked back, but the fog was still obscuring the muffled sounds of battle. Still feeling like he’d forgotten so much, he stepped through the portal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haskill finished off the last of his attackers, and he brushed his hands together as if clearing them of crumbs.

He turned to the grove, then, dispelling the fog, he walked towards the portal.

“Well,” he said raising an eyebrow, “we can’t be having you coming back any time soon can we?”

He made a half-box shape, touching the tips of his fingers to each other. Then he crushed his hands together. The portal exploded searing everything still living within a mile of the grove.

Haskill watched the explosion from the inside, protected by the power so recently given to him.

When it was all done, Haskill looked at the place where the grove used to be and smiled. He turned to walk down the road.

Then he blanched.

“Ooooh...That was such a pretty wee burning laddie!!...I never thought you had it in you!!...” The newcomer narrowed his eyes... “Well, ya didnae did ye?..They were mine, then they were his, but now they are yours? How very peculiar...Well...I cannae stand here all day gossiping like an old woman...” The bearded man frowned and patted himself, “I’m no an old woman this time am I?...That would be odd...Even for me!...Ha-haaa!...” The man took on a murderous look. “The power’s mine Haskill...Gimmie...Now...”

Haskill screamed.

Sheagorath laughed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaius Prentus walked out of his tent, a fur blanket covering his shoulders against the chill of the night air. It was late in the year, so the nights were longer and colder. But still, the view of the stars kind of made up for it, he thought to himself looking up into the star strewn blackness.

He looked at the remains of his fire and added some of the dried wood that had been sent with the latest supply boat. Pulling the blanket tighter around him as he waited for it to catch, he silently thanked the Nine for his sister’s twice weekly visits with fresh food and supplies.

Looking up the hill towards the bane of his life, he sighed to himself and swore. He stood, walked into his large tent, opened his food trunk, picked up a couple of apples, closed the lid again. Then he went to a second trunk and brought out another blanket. Gaius thought briefly, put his load down, picked up and fastened his sword to his hip, grabbed the blanket and apples, then walked out of the tent again. He tied it shut and walked up the slope towards the giant stone arch.

It had appeared from nowhere, and although no-one could say for sure when it had turned up exactly, it hadn’t been there twelve months ago. For nine of those Gaius had stood sole guard of it. Keeping all but the most desperate out of the damned thing, and despatching the worst of the gibbering fools that came back through from it, raving and waving swords around like they’re fighting daemons. Surely he was due a break soon, but no, the Commander of the Bravil Guard seemed content to leave him there, sole candle against the...Whatever darkness that lay through that keyhole.

As he came to the top of the hill, he turned and looked at Bravil. The torches and lamps along the walls were burning brightly and inviting. He could see an orange glow rising up from the lamps in the heart of the city. Thousands of lives still going about the business of living. Thousands of loves still burning passionately in thousands of hearts. His heart ached to be away from here and back in his home again. Aliya. He blinked the tears away and shook his head.

He turned around to the portal and called out, “S’fara...” His voice caught briefly, and he tried again stronger. “S’fara!!..”

“You cannot see me!!” Came the reply from behind the rocks to his right.

“Yes dear, that’s right. I’ve brought you up some apples and another blanket.” He placed them on top of the rock he was next to.

Gaius heard a scuffling and then the Khajiit woman appeared. She looked at him and just stood there. Sighing, he turned around and looked at the archway. Without hearing any approach, the blanket was moved and he could hear the apples being crunched. The Khajiit made an appreciative noises in her throat.

Gaius turned to look at the woman. If he could convince her to go for a swim to clean herself up, he thought she’d be pretty - as much as he was able to say with the cat people. But sadly, all attempts usually resulted in a hissing “You cannot see me!!” It’s not like I was going to stand there gawping, he thought to himself.

S’fara finished the apples. She looked at him, then down, and then back at the Imperial. “S’fara.” She said and touched her chest. Gaius was pretty sure this was her way of saying thank you. Despite his initial misgivings, he’d been sharing some of his supplies with her for a good while now, and his sister had joked that she should bring the priest from the Chapel of Mara to make the marriage official. He’d laughed lightly with her, but really. No.

“Come down to the fire S’fara, it’ll be warmer.” He offered again, like he had each day since the season had turned colder.

The Khajiit just tilted her head, like she had each day. He was about to sigh and walk back down when S’fara said her name and looked down. She walked up to him and linked her arm with his. A lump stuck in his throat. He cleared it and turned to walk down when S’fara sniffed. Her head turned towards the portal and she sniffed harder. Knowing what this usually meant, Gaius sighed and drew his sword.

S’fara walked towards the portal sniffing and growling quietly.

The portal was flickering. Which was unusual in itself. Gaius snorted and smiled grimly, he was stood next to something he’d gleaned down the months as being a portal going to somewhere called The Shivering Isles, and now, this was unusual.

A shape fell out of the light. The khajiit started towards it, but Gaius grabbed S’fara’s arm. She hissed at him, but stopped. “Please stay here.” He said to her. The Khajiit tilted her head, looked towards the shape and back to the Imperial. Finally she looked down. Gaius nodded, said thank you, and walked slowly forward towards the shape. When he was close enough to, Gaius recognized the armour and ran to the man. “You! I thought you’d died months ago.”

The Bosmer opened his eyes.

“Ouch.” The Knight of The Nine said. He looked up at Gaius and frowned, seemingly with effort of concentration. “Umm...Prentus...Yes, Prentus...” The Bosmer sat up. “Months? And you’re still here?” The Bosmer blinked and shook his head. “No, I’m not dead... Not quite...Well...I think we’re talking point of view here.”

Gaius looked to the portal’s still flickering and gestured with his sword. “Will anyone else be joining us?”

“I do hope not, but looking at that, I’d say it would be a good idea to get away from it, yes?”

Gaius sheathed his sword and slipped an arm under Galasafon’s shoulders and helped him stand. Gaius could tell the man was weak, so continued to help the Bosmer away from the portal. “S’fara!” the Imperial called, “Come down to the camp. You’ll be safer there until I can come back up...Come on!!”

The Khajiit had walked up towards the portal, sniffing and growling. Suddenly S’fara had flattened her ears and bared her fangs. The hissing started and Gaius realised that something was really wrong.

The portal was pulsing, then disappearing, then flashing back on, then it was pulsing a deep, vivid and livid bruise coloured purple.

He and the Bosmer were - by now - at the top of the ramp up from the shore-side camp. Gaius turned them around and saw how close S’fara was to the portal. He let go of Galasafon, who promptly dropped to his knees.

Gaius heard the Bosmer cry “Prentus!! No!!” But all he could think of was S’fara. Even Gaius could feel that something was coming now.

Then, the portal exploded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post
Athynae
post Jan 1 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #116

Knower
Group Icon

A nice cup of cider with a few nuts....wonderful way to start the New Year!!!!

Great write, and now we know Galasafon a bit better, wonderful.

Now what? What's next? Waiting impatiently.....

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 1 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #117

Ancient
Group Icon

The scene with Haskill and Galasafon was great! You really encompassed the confusion of the Isles in this update. There was a great feeling of familiarity with this update, I could imagine the Saints as I read - and Gaius Prentus, Haskill, etc. Loved it !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 1 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #118

Councilor
Group Icon

What Athynae and mALX said! biggrin.gif It was great to learn about Galasafon by witnessing his exit from the Isles. The sense of confusion at the beginning was fun, and very suited to the scene.

I also enjoyed the bit with Gaius looking wistfully across at the lights of Bravil.

Yikes, what's next?! ohmy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 2 2012, 02:00 AM
Post #119

Paladin
Group Icon

’It seems I’m compelled to do the...Right thing.” The man’s face looked as though he’d trodden in something foul.’ laugh.gif

I quite enjoyed the relative calm of the scene with Gaius Prentus. His reflections of Bravil, getting a glimpse into his long vigil and his kindness toward S’fara were a pleasure to read. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Jan 2 2012, 07:20 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 2 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #120

Master
Group Icon

Not really much else to say that hasn't been covered, but all in all I like it, especially Haskill's characterisation; that was spot on.

Keep up the good work!
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 7 2012, 06:09 AM
Post #121

Councilor
Group Icon

New Parts alert!!... biggrin.gif ...

Thank you all so much for your kind words about Haskill and Gaius Prentus, I really enjoyed writing those bits...

In my game, it was Galasafon who did all the Shivering Isles stuff, so it's him that's done it in the story...And it's going to affect him as stuff goes along...

And the question is, of course - Why and how is Sheagorath back?...Yes, you hadn't thought of that had you?...No... biggrin.gif ...Well, I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out...Eventually... tongue.gif ...

I have to admit, this Galasafon section is turning into a Grateful Dead self-indulgent guitar-solo kind of thing...And while I'm concious of focus losing, apparently it all needs to come out...It means something... biggrin.gif ...Just so you know...

Aaamywho...

Ooooh, just a note about voices...The following exchange was written with the game voices in mind...Just so you know...Imp and Bosmer if you need a reminder... biggrin.gif ...

What's next you ask?...

Previously on KOTNNK...Galasafon's past...Which continues here...

1.11 – Galasafon (Pt.2)

3E 434

He opened his eyes.

Galasafon could feel the effects of the paralysis spell on him. Oddly, it felt as though the spell had failed to reach his mouth and vocal chords. Galasafon frowned. Or - indeed - his eyebrows. Galasafon realised someone was speaking.

"You sleep rather soundly for a murderer. That's good. You'll need a clear conscience for what I'm about to propose...Odd, though, that so vaunted a Knight should take this path...But that matters not to the Night Mother.

“I am Lucien Lachance, a Speaker for the Dark Brotherhood. And you, you are a killer. A taker of life. A harvester of souls. Your work, your deathcraft, pleases the Night Mother. And so, I come to you with an offering. An opportunity...to join our rather unique family."

“Lachance?..As in, son of Mariel Lachance?” Asked Galasafon.

“Umm...I have no family other than the rather unique one I previously alluded to...and my voice is the will of the Night Mother. She's been watching you. Observing as you kill, admiring as you end life without pity or remorse. The Night Mother is most pleased...That is why I stand here before you. I bear an offering. An opportunity...to join our rather unique family..."

“Yes, you said. So that wasn’t actually a no then was it?”

“What wasn’t?” Lachance said with a hint of confusion and loss of momentum.

“Whether you’re the son of Mariel Lachance or not? Or Mariel LeShaft as she was known back in the day.”

There were some moments of silence.

“Oh, so you prefer silence then?” said Galasafon, “I’ll take that as a definite yes then.”

“I do not spread rumours, I create them. My only mother is the Night Mother.”

Galasafon laughed. “Bet she squeals just as much when I have her too.”

Thinking his victim powerless, Lucien took too long in drawing his dagger with theatrics. Reveling in the view of his ebony dagger clearing the scabbard.

Sadly for him Galasafon had never been held in the first place, and he punched Lachance square in the nose, which flattened instantly. Staggering backwards, Lucien’s hands came up to his nose and he blinked his watering eyes.

“How?! You caddot...Caddot...Damn...Can...nnn...Cannot have!”

“Probably not.” Replied Galasafon, then he kicked Lachance between the legs.

The would-be assassin dropped into a groaning, vomiting mess on the floor.

-----------------------------------------

A short time later Lachance was tied to a high backed chair. Naked.

“I like this hood,” said Galasafon, “I think I’ll keep it. You don’t mind do you Lucien? You can keep the robe. It’ll need a good scrubbing mind.”

The Imperial looked up, his face a bloodied mess. “You will not get away with this. My brothers and sisters will-”

“Oh, I had her too.”

“WHAT?!!”

“Your sister. Oh yes, lovely girl. You’d be really surprised what she likes...Although, maybe not. Shall I tell you anyway Lucien?”

The Bosmer’s grey eyes glittered beneath the Black Hand hood, and he stroked his dark goatee beard.

“Okay. Enough reminiscences, although I could tell you so much.” Galasafon lifted the ebony dagger and examined it. Holding it each end and turning it over. “Such a nice weapon Lucien, you must be very proud. Well, you’ll be getting to know it very well...Unless you tell me where your friends are. I need to stop them.”

Lucien laughed, which rose in pitch until it sounded truly hysterical and pathetic.

Galasafon grinned. Then laughed. Then stabbed Lechance in the shoulder.

The assassin screamed.

“You cannot kill us all, you stupid little crap pile!!” The assassin shouted. All veneer of menace lost. “We’re a kriffing religion, not just some rabble.

"We are the Dark Brotherhood!! The remorseless guild of paid assassins and homicidal cutthroats! We are a union of like-minded individuals. We kill for profit, for enjoyment, and for the glory of the Dread Father, Sithis. We are family, with bonds forged in blood and death."

“Stop eulogizing Lucien, I don’t care. I want your friends. The Nine know I know all about religion. I’m not crossing the Empire in search of every last one of you, but we will stop you in Cyrodiil at least.

Now...Where. Are. They.”

“I have tortured so many, how can you think that one such as you can break me?” said Lachance.

“What has that got to do with anything? I’ve eaten feasts like you wouldn’t believe. Doesn’t mean I can cook one. Oh, and trust me,” a sad, faraway look came into Galasafon’s eyes, “I’ve seen a master torturer at work,” He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat, “I will find out.”

“I am trained against this sort of thing, Bosmer. I’ll die first.”

“No, no you won’t.”

Galasafon twisted the knife.

----------------------------------------------------------------

He had to admit, this was not what he was expecting from the sanctuary.

Bright, oil filled lamps banished any darkness from the corridor in which Galasafon now stood. He could hear someone playing a lute. From the noises in another section, Galasafon could tell there was sword training taking place.

He breathed deeply, taking in the smell of burning pine, lavender, tea-tree...Antiseptic.

Some sort of air circulation system was built into the corridor. He could see the grills spaced out along the top of the walls. This was dragging the smells towards him, but taking the smoke from the lamps up. Ingenious! Shame they had to die really. I’ll have to bring Brellin here to show him this. Maybe use it in his designs for Kvatch.

Hidden deep within the Shroud spell, Galasafon had no fear of discovery and allowed himself time to marvel, It’s not like anyone here will be leaving in a hurry, he thought to himself.

The Shroud. A spell he’d brought back with him from the Isles. Much more than the Invisibility spell. The basic Invisible spell was easily countered by Detect Life. Shroud had no weakness. You simply did not exist as far as life detection was concerned.

Absentmindedly, he twirled the rings he was wearing – one Life Detect and one Invisibility (just in case) – and then sighed.

Drawing his sword and dagger, he walked forward, towards the first of the glowing figures. The first died with an “Urk!” as the sword went through his heart, the next jerked as the dagger went up through the base of her skull. Galasafon paused at this one as he let her gently fall forward.

He read the documents on the desk. Noting all the names and places on the contracts, he realised that they were assignments. Frowning, he counted the glows he could still see. Five. There were fourteen different names. Looking back down, he saw a document that made him pause.

“Kenth Olford, Retired General. Applewatch, Bruma.

I want him dead. Obviously.

He is too good for just one, you will fail. Send five. I will
pay for them all, you know I can.

No rush, but soon.

L.”

Olford? Wasn’t that McWylde’s new wife’s maiden name? Galasafon folded the note and tucked it into one of the pouches around his belt.

Choosing his targets, he walked to the two furthest away and removed them from concern. That left the lute player and the sword players. Galasafon chuckled to himself at his joke. He’d have to be careful here.

Walking back to the doorway to what appeared to be a common-room of some sort. The Bosmer realised he was in danger of getting complacent.

Casting the Focus spell had the usual effect of removing the Shroud, but as he was wearing the Invisibility ring Galasafon wasn’t overly concerned. That was until the lute player stopped and inhaled sharply and the swords stopped their chiming song.

Uh-oh, thought Galasafon and tried to quickly slip back into the Shroud spell. Sadly, using Shroud in the first place took a lot out of the caster, and Galasafon realised just as the lute crossed the space between the player and himself that he was tired and in trouble.

Dodging the lute, he upped his speed and ran at the Imperial. The assassin had fire in his hands as Galasafon reached him. He caught the Bosmer on the arm and Galasafon was blown sideways by the spell. The diminutive Knight rolled with the force of it and jumped out of the fall into a fighting stance with sword and dagger in front of him. By now the assassin had rendered himself invisible and was rushing at Galasafon. Like they were jousting, Galasafon ran straight at the Imperial. The Bosmer easily avoided the outstretched short-sword and raked his dagger across the assassin’s robed front. The man screamed and doubled up, trying to hold his insides in. Galasafon simply walked up to him and stabbed the man through the heart from behind.

As the Imperial fell, the hairs on the back of Galasafon’s neck stood on end and he upped his speed as far as possible to get him out of one of the common-room’s doors just as the fireball spell exploded in the middle of it. All the contents of the room flew in all directions, sending burning debris flying everywhere. Galasafon ran down one corridor straight into the path of the second assassin. The new threat raised his hand and shot lightning from it, and Galasafon was stunned as the shock ran through him. Thanking Kynareth for Brellin’s acquisition of some Legion tags, Galasafon dispelled some of the shock’s effect and Focussed again as he raised himself up. The assassin was on him instantly and Galasafon was forced into constant defence as the Breton’s sword flashed at him. It said something for the man’s skill that he was able to fight an invisible foe and actually be winning.

Realising he would lose soon if he didn’t do something, Galasafon tried to move to one side only to realise that the second assassin was behind him and also invisible. Risking all, he closed his eyes and raised his awareness.

Suddenly, time had slowed and he was in the corridor looking down on himself. One assassin in front and one behind. He watched his body move back, out of the way of the sword stroke, raise his hands in perfect aim and say a word. The Breton flew backwards into the wall, and the second assassin skidded along the corridor on his back.

Collapsing onto his knees, Galasafon breathed heavily. The sound of blood dripping made him look around and he suddenly realised it was his, from his nose. He sniffed and put his wrist to the bleeding nose. Then he blinked away the daze to see the Breton getting up onto his knees. Realising that the second assassin would likely be coming to himself, Galasafon pushed up to standing, walked over to the Breton, and shoved his dagger through the assassin’s eye.

Galasafon tried to put some distance between himself and the last of the assassins. Try and get some respite. Casting the spell of the same name, he felt his energy levels rise again, and the nose stop it’s throbbing. Rounding a corner he stopped, put his back to the wall and then bent over, put the heels of his hands on his knees and breathed heavily.

One more.

He turned his head as he felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise again.

He was running before the fireball reached the corner and exploded. He was still thrown forwards by the explosion and rolled over and over with the momentum. Pushing himself to his knees, he watched as the invisible assassin rushed at him with supernatural speed. A sword cut at him and his opponent’s Invisibility fell away. Galasafon realised he was in trouble.

Vampire.

-----------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Feb 7 2013, 06:56 AM
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 7 2012, 06:28 AM
Post #122

Ancient
Group Icon

“Lachance?..As in, son of Mariel Lachance?” Asked Galasafon. * snip *

SPEW !!! Another Tellie in our midst, with ways to irk Lucien Lachance from his mission and then leaving him with his jewels ruptured, ROFL !!!

The whole first half of this episode had me in stitches, the second half had me holding my breath!! Your Galasafon ROCKS !! Awesome Write !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 7 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #123

Master
Group Icon

You just ruined my favourite NPC... wink.gif
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jan 8 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #124

Councilor
Group Icon

Oh my gosh, how hilarious and exciting!!

Now I love Galasafon forever. biggrin.gif

But yikes, the vampire...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jan 8 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #125

Paladin
Group Icon

What a fun and delightful read! I love the humorous slant you give the dark business that Galasafon is about here.

’I’ve eaten feasts like you wouldn’t believe. Doesn’t mean I can cook one. ‘ laugh.gif

Shroud – I know another Bosmer who NEEEDS that spell! wink.gif

’just as the fireball spell exploded in the middle of it. All the contents of the room flew in all directions, ‘
How very TES. Yup, that’s exactly how they work.

And. . . Uh oh. Vampire!

I really did thoroughly enjoy this. Well done!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jan 14 2012, 07:20 AM
Post #126

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, Grits and Acadian...Thank you so much...Much appreciated...

Mustard...Awww, thanks... tongue.gif ...

NEW PARTS!!!... biggrin.gif ...

Previously on KOTNNK...The Bosmer Knight Galasafon had captured and tortured the assassin Lucien Lechance until he'd given up the location of the Cyrodiilian Assassins Guild sanctuary...Which he then infiltrated and began his cleansing...Then it got a bit...Toothy...

1.11 – Galasafon. (pt.3)

While the Breton had almost finished Galasafon with finesse, the Vampire was simply using speed and brute force. There was no need for rest, no pause for breath, just a constant, never ending slamming down of several feet of Dwarven metal.

Galasafon was sweating. His arms jelly. Only by application of sheer will and magic was he still holding the sword in some sort of defence.

He envied Brellin and McWylde. They may have seen some weakness that could have been exploited. Brellin may have trained Galasafon in swordplay many years ago during their time in the Elitarii, and there was little doubt the dark Bosmer was skilled, more so than most common enemies, but Galasafon was a sneak, an assassin, not a swordsman.

This was too much.

Abruptly, the barrage ceased. The silence was deafening. But Galasafon didn’t stop. He ran towards the portal out.

A shape rushed from a side passage and knocked the Knight flying into the wall. Breath left Galasafon and he felt something break in his side. His sword slid further down the corridor.

Instantly twisting onto his back, the Bosmer brought both hands up and practically screamed the telekinesis spell.

The Vampire flew up into the ceiling and crashed down to the floor, stunned.

Galasafon stood as quickly as he could, retrieved his sword and made back towards the prone figure. But seemingly without any intervening state between being on the floor and full attack, the Vampire renewed his battle.

A fine mist seemed to be coming from the Vampire’s skin, and Galasafon tasted metal in his mouth. Oh no, thought the Bosmer. Porphyric Haemophilia. He’d caught it once before, but had managed to get to a cureall before it took hold. He envied those who were able to cure themselves of everything. Galasafon had not been able to do that since his return from the Shivering Isles. Seemingly, the words burned from his mind.

As if realising the battering wouldn’t work, the Vampire changed tactics.

The sword attacks came slower, but still constant and inescapable. It was only dimly that Galasafon’s brain registered that the chiming was singing a marching rhythm into his head. The Vampire began a monotone.

“Give Up Little Bosmer. You Cannot Win. Give YourSelf To the Vamp. Sleep Wake Feed Joy.” The Vampire intoned.

Galasafon’s thoughts were starting to fuzz, he desperately pushed the Focus into his head and shook it in an effort to clear. What the Bosmer started to hear meant nothing, just words.

“Rain. Tree. Crow. Sky. Thrice aRound the Well will Make the Fleeing Fly.”

Galasafon’s eyes began to close but still the chiming and the monotone continued.

“Sleep Now Go Now How Now Brown Cow Die NOW.”

Galasafon’s eyes snapped open just as the Dwarven sword doubled its rate and strength. Realising his ploy hadn’t worked, the Vampire snarled and resumed his first plan of beating the Bosmer into submission and slammed the sword down, down, down, down, swipe. Glasafon’s sword flew down the corridor and he was defenceless. The Vampire’s sword came down.

“-lo?”

He was in a corridor. That much was certain.

“Hello?”

He was in a corridor...He...What was his name again?...

“Hel-lo?!”

A voice, someone was calling. The man looked at his hands. He could see his hands. Why was that a surprise?

Blood dripped onto his hands and he put one of them to his nose. What the?

He looked about himself. There was a pile of clothes on the floor and a large sword. Familiarity teased at his brain. Something...

He shouted in pain as his memory returned. He crashed to his knees and vomited. Trying desperately to keep his face off the floor with his achingly tired arms, he tried to piece together what had happened.

The sword fell and...The sword fell...And...

Wincing with effort he stood up. Whatever he’d done, he...Galasafon...Yes, Galasafon, Bosmer Knight of The Nine...Was still here, so for that, he was thankful. He stumbled over the clothes. Frowning at them, still trying to piece it together somehow. He retrieved his sword and sheathed it.

“HELLOOO!!! Assassin in waiting here!!”

Assassin? Another one? Sighing, Galasafon walked down the corridor towards the calling. He saw a shape walk past the end of the corridor, then heard a gasp and watched it run back, just as he was a few paces away.

The Bosmer shouted in a voice he didn’t recognise as his own “STOP!” The fleeing shape did as commanded. Voice of Command thought Galasafon. A spell, yes. Why did he have that again?

He reached the shape and looked at what it was. A Khajiit lady stood there shaking. Galasafon raised an eyebrow.

“Hello,” he said “I’m afraid they’re closed for business.” Galasafon looked the Khajiit up and down. He found himself doing it again. Shaking his head clear, he then noted the assassin dagger.

“So, you’re an assassin?”

The Khajiit shook her head frantically.

“And yet you are here?”

The Khajiit looked about herself as if trying to think of something, then she finally nodded, shrugged, smiled her widest smile and fluttered her eyelashes.

Oh, thought Galasafon, you’re very good.

He felt his legs were about to give way so he picked up an upset chair and sat on it, in front of her. “What are you doing here?” The Bosmer asked.

“Well...Y’see a man called Lucien said to come here when I talked to him a few days ago. I was just...Y’know...Delayed. Well, a girl has got to eat hasn’t she?”

Galasafon agreed with a nod. “So, presumably you used that on someone then?” The Bosmer pointed to the dagger.

The Khajiit looked sad and nodded.

“Tell me.”

So she related the tale of meeting Lucien and The Inn of Ill Omen.

“Well, good news for you is that Rufio was already dead. I did it. So you took your time getting here.”

“I really am very good at my job you know? He was breathing when I killed him, I’m sure of it.”

Galasafon shrugged and waved it away. “As you wish.” He paused. “So how was it that you came to meet the oh-so-great Lucien Lachance in the first place?”

“Well, there was an incident at my...Work, in Skingrad. A hideous little man wouldn’t pay what was...Owed.”

Galasafon feigned sympathy as he realised what she was saying.

“Glarthir his name was.”

Galasafon froze.

“Y’alright mister? You look...Pale.”

“Glarthir?”

The Khajiit frowned in confusion.

“You’re sure his name was Glarthir?”

“Yesss...He is...Was...Known to many of us in Skingrad...Hideous man.”

“And you killed him?”

The Khajiit nodded.

Galasafon sat, staring into nothing. Without moving his head he dispelled his hold on the Khajiit. “Best run along,” he narrowed his eyes, “Now...”

Galasafon sat...Staring into nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This post has been edited by McBadgere: Jan 14 2012, 07:26 AM
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Jan 14 2012, 10:54 AM
Post #127

Master
Group Icon

Hmm, I wonder what Glathir and Galasafon have to do with each other, then?

Also, a very enjoyable part, but I'm somewhat confused as to what happened with the vampire; no offence, but he just seemed to disappear rather randomly, as far as I could tell.
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:44 AM