13 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Seven, An Aela & Ungarion Prequel
SubRosa
post Jun 24 2013, 05:26 PM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

The inspiration for this story came to me last week. As will probably be evident to many, this is an homage to the masterpiece by Akira Kurosawa. It is my humble attempt to translate that great story to the Elder Scrolls Universe. Following the old adage of striking while the iron is hot, I decided to put the TF on hold while I write this instead. Once I am done, I will get back to the TF, and wrap it up with one more chapter.

This is also a prequel, taking place eight years before the events of the TF, shortly after Aela and Ungarion graduated from the Arcane University.

Seven

Prologue

25th Second Seed, 3E425

Vishta-Zaw slithered through the mud with ease. In fact, he had to take care not to move too quickly, lest he overtake Dark-Eye. The other Naga would look upon that as a challenge for leadership of the company. A challenge that Vishta-Zaw was not ready to make, yet. For while his one-eyed leader's age was beginning to show in the fading color of his once dark green scales, his killing power had not subsided. The way he had dealt with the hackwing the day before had made that clear...

Soon the land began to rise, and the mud turned to drier, hard-packed dirt. That made the going slower for the pack of Nagas. Where folk with two legs had an easy time on such ground, it was more difficult for his race to propel themselves upon their serpentine lower halves. Unlike ordinary snakes, they had a torso, head, and arms to balance aloft above their thick tails. It was much easier moving through the swamp's water and muck, where their tails could whip them forward at speed. Yet still they managed without complaint. The latter was a sign of weakness, and weakness was not tolerated in Dark-Eye's company.

In time they topped a ridge and Dark-Eye came to a halt. Vishta-Zaw slithered up beside his leader and followed his one-eyed gaze down into the valley below. Stretched out there in the small, oval-shaped bowl of land stood the settlement of Agrigento, a collection of simple timber and reed homes raised up on stilts in the traditional Argonian fashion. At the center of the village rose a tall structure of the Imperial style. It's walls were entirely of stone, pierced by numerous windows filled in with hinged glass panes, and topped by a roof of glazed red tiles. A fence of simple woven reeds bordered the settlement, and beyond that water-logged rice paddies stretched in all directions. Dykes of hard-packed dirt spread out in a grid through the fields, dividing them up into numerous flooded squares.

Imperials, they just loved to impose their straight lines, squares, and rectangles upon everything. They seemed to think that their geometry would somehow bring them closer to the gods. Any Naga could have told them that nothing on Nirn was straight and neat. All their efforts did was separate them from nature. The Naga wizard knew that would only doom them to extinction. It was only a matter of time.

His eyes fell upon the Imperials laboring in the rice paddies. They went barefoot through the water, wearing simple dark tunics and conical reed hats to ward off the sun. Alongside them toiled their tamed Argonians. Once the Saxhleel had been a strong, proud people, Vishta-Zaw mused. But like so many of them now, these had abandoned the ancient ways of the deep swamp, and now what had they become? They were little more than slaves for the smoothskins. The Naga race would never fall so low.

"They are bringing in their crop," Dark-Eye observed. "Good, I grow thirsty."

"It will take them time to dry and husk the rice," Vishta-Zaw leaned against his staff, which was tipped with a large chunk of flame-red crystal. "Then they will need more time to brew their soju."

"To brew our soju," the chieftain corrected him. The side of his head that faced the wizard was gouged with deep scars leading through the ruin of his eye socket, which was covered with a jeweled eye-patch.

Dark-Eye turned to level his remaining indigo eye upon his lieutenant, and then the gang of other Nagas behind them. "We will give them six weeks," he cried. "Then we will return to wet our throats, and have some sport!"

That brought a chorus of assenting hisses from the other bandits. Some banged their spears against the rims of the small, bone shields. Others simply stabbed their weapons skyward in expectation of the revelry.

Hathei held his breath until the Nagas had gone. Even then he still waited, just in case any of them returned, or were still lurking in the shadows of the trees. Magnus crawled through the sky, and several lesser creatures crawled across the Argonian's washed out yellow-brown scales. Still he waited, not moving an inch, in the way that only his race could do.

Finally Hathei rose up from his belly and stood straight. His gaze darted through the trees that lined the top of the ridge, seeking anything out of place. Yet there came no hisses or croaks of discovery, no spears came flying out to pierce his scales, and no magicka crackled to snuff out his life.

The aging Argonian was thankful for the bundle of reeds that was slung over his back. If not for them, surely the Nagas would have seen him. He had been lying on his stomach, just inches from their bellies, with only the camouflage of those reeds between him and certain death. Now that bundle of reeds slowed him down as he turned and ran for the village below. He was tempted to throw them aside so that he might run faster. But he knew he would only have to return for them later. At his age, he did not have the energy to do the same thing twice. So he labored on, as farmers always do.

His mind whirled as he made his way down the slope of the valley to the settlement below. They were coming back, again! They would take all of the soju, just like the last time, and the time before. Worse, the Nagas might take another of the women again, just as they had Rullianus' wife. What had been left of her after they had finished would have made a butcher sick. Who would they take next? His own daughter Meen-Sa?

No, not Meen-Sa. He could not let that happen to her. They had to do something this time. They just had to.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 5 2019, 11:00 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Jun 24 2013, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

So I finally get to be part of SubRosa's epic story as it begins. A prequel, no less. This is good, as I can read this and begin the other stories you've created biggrin.gif

Instantly I knew I had a glimpse of Black Marsh here. The names seem very Argonian-like, and sure enough we find Dark-Eye and Vishta spying on an Imperial settlement. From what I can tell, you took the Imperials from the First Edition Pocket Guide with their rice plantations and manner of building. This I like, too. It's very much part of the lore anyways and I rarely ever read stories depicting the humans in this light.

That brought a chorus of assenting hisses from the other bandits. Some banged their spears against the rims of the small, bone shields. Others simply stabbed them skyward in expectation of the revelry.

I liked this part. It stood out and painted a vivid picture of the Saxhleel tribesmen performing their war dance. You mentioned racism once, and I already see we're going to have a lock-of-horns between the smoothskins and the argonians.

Ah. Sneaky Hathai! Warn the villagers, save the soju! Protect the women! The Bandits are coming!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jun 25 2013, 01:27 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

When I saw this, I couldn't resist! As D.E. said, it will be great to follow one as it is posted, since at least one Christmas will pass before I catch up in the TF saga. tongue.gif

What I love about this so far is that it is not "game related" at all, other than the setting. I am in awe of the creativity involved. I am not "lore wise", so I had to look up what a hackwing was on the ES Wiki. They don't even have an entry for soju, but from the context, I will assume it is something like saki.

Anyway, a very interesting start and I can't wait for more. goodjob.gif

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2013, 02:23 PM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAAH!!!! Aela and Ungarion !!! Missed my Birthday and Christmas, but this is just what I've been asking/wishing for!

I am hugely excited about getting some more detailed background on Aela and Ungarion's history, using the movie as a basis won't change what I know of them so far, will it? (Hint hint, thinking Freddie Mercury and Mary Austin here) ...

I will most definitely be back here to read, just can't this morning. <333

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jun 25 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

Nice adaptation so far. Your Tamriel just works properly, as a self-consistent setting where the magic makes sense, and people behave the way you expect with magic around them. The choice of races here is interesting, and again fits the lore well. It will be interesting to see how things transpose, especially after it's already been done in a different context.

(And what other movies with numbers in their titles are on your list? 2001?)

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 25 2013, 07:38 PM
Post #6

Councilor
Group Icon

As The Magnificent Seven is one of my all time favourite films, I'm looking forward to seeing how you play it out...

I'm loving the Black Marsh setting already...And Dark-Eye sounds like a most worthy Eli Wallach... biggrin.gif ...

Once I am done, I will get back to the TF, and wrap it up with one more chapter.

I bet that was a scary sentence to write... sad.gif ...It was scary enough to read, I tell ya!... indifferent.gif ...

Aaamywho, as ever, an amazingly brilliant write...Looking forward to seeing who you have to support Aela and Ungarion...(I'm assuming they'll be the two getting out the other side... wink.gif )...But definitely looking forward to more of those two...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2013, 07:44 PM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jun 25 2013, 02:38 PM) *

As The Magnificent Seven is one of my all time favourite films, I'm looking forward to seeing how you play it out...

I'm loving the Black Marsh setting already...And Dark-Eye sounds like a most worthy Eli Wallach... biggrin.gif ...

Once I am done, I will get back to the TF, and wrap it up with one more chapter.

I bet that was a scary sentence to write... sad.gif ...It was scary enough to read, I tell ya!... indifferent.gif ...

Aaamywho, as ever, an amazingly brilliant write...Looking forward to seeing who you have to support Aela and Ungarion...(I'm assuming they'll be the two getting out the other side... wink.gif )...But definitely looking forward to more of those two...

Isn't it based on the Seven Samurai movie?

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 25 2013, 07:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 25 2013, 07:53 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

I wanted to comment yesterday but I was at work and had only my iPad. For some reason this forum's reply screen doesn't look good on an iPad. Anyway, enough with the excuses.

Now that I have time to sit down at my laptop and visit Chorrol, let me say this.

I've seen both versions of The Magnificent Seven and loved both versions. I grew up on the same one as McB, of course, but finally tracked down the original version just a couple of years ago. I really enjoyed matching the different characters and comparing their styles.

Likewise, I look forward to seeing how this stacks up to the movies. If your recent escapade in the TF is any indication, we are in for a wild ride!

Already I'm liking how Dark-Eye is being developed. These two lines stand out as a succinct summation of his character:
For while his one-eyed leader's age was beginning to show in the fading color of his once dark green scales, his killing power had not subsided. The way he had dealt with the hackwing the day before had made that clear…

And this:
Yet still they managed without complaint. The latter was a sign of weakness, and weakness was not tolerated in Dark-Eye's company.

You are showing mastery in developing a character I know will be the villian through the perspective of others.

ThatSkyrimGuy: Soju is a lot like sake, but stronger and more potent. It is the traditional rice liquor (not wine, but likker worthy of Pappy) brewed in Korea and served at their bazillion streetside bars.

mALX: McB is right in a way. The Magnificent Seven is a Western remake of The Seven Samurai. As someone who has watched both movies, I would have to say they are very similar, and both very well done.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 5 2019, 11:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 25 2013, 08:01 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 25 2013, 07:44 PM) *

Isn't it based on the Seven Samurai movie?

Sorry to butt in again, and yes H.E.R. did already answer (cheers! smile.gif )...

But yeah, The Maginficent Seven is a remake of the Seven Samurai, down to the fact that all the actors were hired with very little script, but as they were all fans of the S.S. they were told which of the Samurai they'd be versions of and agreed most heartily to it...

Hey, it could have been worse...I could have said Battle Beyond the Stars!!...(Roger Corman's take on the S.S.)...

Many apologies Subrosa, I shall not pollute further this fair eve... biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2013, 08:08 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAAH! I never knew that! Thank you both for clearing that up! *mALX unscrews head, dusts cobwebs, screws head back on*

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 25 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

Heh, I confess the title conjured nary an image of Yul Brynner nor Steve McQueen; rather, I was hoping to see a braying reappearance of Mad Jack's Number Seven. Or. . . perhaps a buxomly Nordic entrance by Seven of Nine. tongue.gif

‘At his age, he did not have the energy to do the same thing twice.’ - - Ah, but hopefully he’s as good once as he ever was. wink.gif

Ahem. Okay. What a wonderfully rich, mysterious and interesting setting! And very quickly, you introduce some of your cast and create a real sense of drama over the frightening prospect of the Nagas’ returning to drink the farmers’ soju and eat their women.

Yet, you leave plenty of details still to be revealed – leaving us hungry for more. Hathei seems as if he cares not only about his family, but the village as well. This makes me wonder if the Naga description of the relationship as slavery is an inaccurate assessment delivered via what is perhaps a jaded view held by the Nagas.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 26 2013, 07:17 AM
Post #12

Ancient
Group Icon

I felt a little lost and out of my element in the beginning section, especially trying to drum up an image of the Naga (my mind kept going to Tsaesci). Overall my biggest confusion was brought on by this huge nit:

Nit:

Wait, I saw Aela and Ungarion's names on your intro! I thought this was going to be their background history! ARGH! It was a trick! I was reading the first section, the whole time trying to correlate how those Naga were going to fit into Aela and Ungarion's history! GAAAAAAH!

*mALX unscrews head again, vacuums the cotton candy and air pockets out, screws head back on*

"Okay, I'm back."

The second section in Hathei's POV pulled me in a little better, and I had the same thought Acadian did - the Naga viewpoint may be jaded, or even deliberately discounting those they intend to victimize later, especially in light of the memories Hathei had of their previous attacks on the women of his village.

I don't have a handle yet on the players (or background/history/plot/etc, not having seen either movie), but if you are writing it I know I am in for an excellent and well written story - looking forward to more!

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 26 2013, 07:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 28 2013, 08:28 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

Darkness Eternal: Glad to have you aboard DE! It is indeed set in Black Marsh. Well, some of it at least. We will be in Bravil County for a while first, as the samurai gunmen adventurers are recruited.

I am not really basing the Imperials on the First Edition Pocket Guide jungle dwellers though. Not specifically at least. I was just thinking about living in a hot, humid environment like Argonia, and it struck me that the humans living there would probably end up dressing and looking like people in places like South-East Asia.

ThatSkyrimGuy: I understand just how intimidating those huge, older stories can be. It is hard to get into, let alone finish, something with over a hundred thousand words. It is even more intimidating when you put it that way!

I had to look up Hackwing too! I did a lot of reading on the UESP Wiki beforehand, especially The Lore Article on Black Marsh. I read the Argonian Account too, and some of the other things linked in that page. It helped me get a better idea of how to present the place. Though I am still creating many things whole cloth. The idea for soju is one. As H.E.R. pointed out already, it is a sweet-tasting rice liquor made in Korea, with a real kick to it (45% alcohol and up). It was one twist I wanted to put on the original tale of bandits who just wanted rice.

mALX: You have not seen the Seven Samurai, or the Magnificent Seven?!? Get thee to Netflix immediately! Both are outstanding movies, with Seven Samurai being the original, and Mag Seven a Western adaptation of it (which goes to show that Hollywood has been copying Asian movies for over fifty years). My prologue is actually a nearly identical recreation of that from the Seven Samurai, only translated to Tamriel. The entire story will not be that literal a copy of course, but I wanted to start it out with a clear nod to Kurosawa.

We won't be seeing that part of A&U's past though, that has was even earlier, back when they were both students at the Arcane U. Unless there are places where I can work flashbacks in.

The Nagas are only vaguely described in the ES gamebooks. They seem to be Argonians that are just more snake-like than the usual ones we see in the game. That sounds kind of boring to me, so I am going to use the more common Naga description of the human-like upper half, and snake bottom. So they will be like the Tsaesci, only not vampires. I will give a more detailed description when the Seven get to the village and actually see them face to face. I did not want to bog down the prologue with a lot of description.

ghastley: Maybe I'll do the Three Argonians? Two And A Half Imperials? Ten Little Bosmer? wink.gif

I wound up going for Black Marsh because I needed a setting where the local authorities would not just move in and deal with the Nagas. It had to be somewhere out in the sticks, and Argonia is about the most remote place in Tamriel. Even at its height, the Empire never controlled the interior, and only barely hung on to the outer regions. Plus I wanted my version of this tale to have its own unique flavor. Argonia is one of the more exotic places in Tamriel, and Argonians one of the most exotic races.

McBadgere: I wanted Dark-Eye to really stick out in that scene, since he is the boss bad guy, and because after that scene we are not going to see him again for some time. He is really more based upon the chief bandit in Seven Samurai (down to the eyepatch). But that character never really did much. We will be seeing some Eli Wallach inspired scenes later in the story though, when we meet Dark-Eye again.

haute ecole rider: Both versions? I guess you mean Seven Samurai and Magnificent Seven from 1960? Not the original Mag Seven with Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen, and the tv remake with Michael Bein and Ron Perlman from 1998? I think it interesting comparing those two as well. I find I prefer the tv show better. The characters feel more interesting and fleshed out, and have more variety to them. The addition of the somewhat crazy holy man was especially a good touch IMHO, as well as the African-American medic. But I thought that even the characters directly ported from the 60's version felt more alive to me. Vin's background of the buffalo hunter turned bounty hunter with a price on his head was much better than the original Vin. Likewise, Michael Bien's version of Chris had more history to him as well, as a man turned bad after the murder of his wife. I especially liked how the newspaper woman inflated the story of the gunfight in the city at the start of the movie, and gave all the credit to Chris to try to scare off other outlaw types. It made me wonder just how much of Chris' reputation was real, and how much made up by other people for their own benefit?

Acadian: Oh noes, not Seven of Nine! laugh.gif

As you have already thought aloud, I would not put too much stock in the view of the Naga wizard. Like you said, he has his own agenda, and worldview, which is more about serving himself and justifying his actions (and arrogance) than anything else.

Previously On Seven: Our last episode found a group of Naga bandits led by Dark-Eye observing a farming village in Black Marsh that was bringing in its rice crop. Dark-Eye declared that they would return in six weeks, after they had distilled the rice into soju, and take it for themselves, and anyone else they wanted. Unknown to them, a villager named Hathei was hiding in the brush just inches away. He sped back to the village to warn them of the impending doom.

Chapter 1.1

"This would be much easier to carry if you would just summon up one of those archaeans again." Ungarion hefted a sack bulging with goods over one shoulder, and struggled with a second canvas bag with his other hand. "We did not graduate from the Arcane University just to drag heavy objects around the countryside."

"No, we graduated so you could learn to use feather spells," Aela shot back as she hefted her own bags of loot. She was thankful for her knowledge of Restoration, which among other things allowed her to fortify her strength. "Perhaps you should have majored in Alteration?"

"I found it more expedient to major in financial transactions," Ungarion winked. He set down each of his sacks in turn, then filled his hands with yellow light. Aela recognized the feather spell he cast upon each bag. She also noted that the high elf made no move to cast the same spell to lighten her own sacks of loot. Instead he now raised each over-stuffed bag with ease and nodded down the street before them. "I thought you majored in Conjuration though."

"I did," Aela said, "as well as Restoration. But you know how summoning spirits gets the hayseeds out here in the country excited. They're the next best thing to Alessia Ottus. They'd be coming at us with pitchforks and torches before you could say 'Nirn Spirit'"

screenshot

"Aye," Ungarion smiled, "and then we'd have to kill them all. With nary a gold coin or gemstone to loot off their bodies. Best to let them live instead."

Aela could not suppress a wry smile at her friend's joke, and continued on down Telamon's main street. It was a simple affair of hard-packed dirt, kicking up small clouds of dust about their ankles with each step. One and two story buildings of stone painted with whitewash lined the avenue, roofed with red-glazed tiles that fairly blazed in the light from Magnus overhead. Horses and carts clattered to and fro around them, as did other pedestrians, and the pair of magicians had to watch their steps to avoid collisions.

Most of the people around them were Imperials clad in the threadbare flax or wool of peasants. A few wore the linen of the artisan class, and her eyes spotted a single patrician clad in velvet riding in the back of a carriage. Here and there she saw one of the tailed folk, and even more rarely an elf.

Most paid little attention to her and Ungarion, but once in a while an Imperial stopped to stare at Aela. She knew that look all too well. She had been receiving it ever since she had transitioned to living female at University. It was partly a gape of shock, and partly a sneer of disgust, as if she was something unnatural and revolting they had the misfortune of discovering upon the bottom of their shoe.

Each time Aela felt a tiny dagger prick into her heart. It was not the hate that bothered her. Every race in Tamriel hated every other one, or so it seemed. Rather it was the fact that they had seen through her female presentation. After everything she had done to change herself, and all of the study and hard work to get there, some people still saw the maleness within her. It made it feel like it had all been for naught, and she would never be able to live as the person she truly was within.

Aela sighed, and tried to ignore the people around her, and the disquieting feelings they conjured up. She wished they were back in the forest again. At least the animals and the trees saw her for who she really was, rather than simply as the body she had been born into. Even Imperials often said that animals were good judges of character. It was too bad they did not find a lesson in that…

"Maybe we should sell some of this here?" Aela stopped and nodded to a shop whose sign depicted a shield and pair of crossed swords. "We could unload some of the larger pieces."

"I suppose we could." Ungarion dropped one sack with a clanking of metal, and thoughtfully rubbed his chin with one hand. "We might find a better price out here in the backwoods for some of this than we will in Bravil. They probably don't see mithril or dwarven gear very often. Then again, they probably won't have as much coin to buy with as the merchants of Bravil..."

"Well then, let's dazzle them with your sparkling personality my dear, and part them from those few coins they do possess." Aela set down her bags and filled her hands with power. In her mind's eye the Altmer became taller, handsomer, and more distinguished than he already was. Laying her hands upon the black silk of his robe, she poured her magicka through that image and into the high elf.

Ungarion cleared his throat, and took a moment to straighten up his attire. Even dusty and travel-worn, he seemed to almost glow with magnetism. Aela could swear that light glittered from his teeth as he smiled, and Magnus himself seemed to bend his rays to bathe him in a radiant shine. More than one person walking past actually paused to stare with admiration as he hefted his bags of loot and strode to the door of the weapon shop.

The proprietor within seemed less moved by Ungarion and his magically enhanced personality however. Yet he did buy several daggers from them, as well as a Dwemer arming sword that had once been the property of a marauder chief. In the end they walked out with lighter bags and heavier coin purses.

"Well that is a start," Ungarion said as he blinked his eyes against the sudden glare of the sun. "By the time we sell all of this off, we should be able to pay off Fathis Ules for several months in advance."

Aela wrinkled her nose at the thought of the Imperial City usurer. She owed him more money than she cared to think about. But without his loans, she never could have paid for the Arcane University. Especially after all of her scholarship applications had been turned down. It was ironic that even though she had graduated at the top of her Restoration and Conjuration classes, she was not academically gifted enough to earn a financial deferment from the school.

She gripped the necks of her bags with her enhanced strength, and pretended they belonged to Irlav Jarol and Martina Floria. There had been many at the University who had taunted and teased her, but those two had done their best to have her thrown out entirely. She was thankful for the more open-minded staff members like Raminus Polus and Selene Duronia. Aela knew that they had championed her right to study there. Neither one ever spoke much about it, but she could tell from what little they did say, that the Mage Council Chambers had been a battlefield.

The screeching of gulls came to Aela's ears, and a turn of the road brought them into full view of Telamon's harbor. The muddy brown waters of the Panther River flowed by from the left, emptying out into the deep blue expanse of Niben Bay in the west. Between the two lay a small semicircle of calm water cut into the coastline at the mouth of the river. Two stone quays ran out into the inlet. Flat-bottomed barges and horse-powered riverboats were tied up to the one on the east. Heavier sailing craft were docked at the western pier, and it was to these deep-water hulks that Aela and Ungarion made their way.

The docks were small, but busy with people and animals making their way to and from the vessels. Given that the port was the main reason for Telamon's existence, that did not surprise Aela. They got in line behind many others waiting to board a packet ship bound for Bravil, and dropped their bags with a clatter of steel.

Aela took the time to produce a hand mirror and comb, and went to work straightening her long, sandy brown hair. Once she was finished she proceeded to check the light dusting of makeup around her eyes, and the soft shade of rouge on her lips.

As she had a thousand times, she sighed as the plain features that stared back at her in the silvered glass. She looked convincingly female enough for most people to never give her a second glance. But there was always one person in every crowd who noticed her adam's apple. While her magic had given her an hourglass frame, her shoulders were still a bit too broad, and her hips too narrow, and her breasts too small. Never mind her man-hands. Some things even seven years of Restoration magic could not repair. At least not yet. If only she had been born a normal woman…

She put the mirror away and tried not to look at the women around her. There was no point reminding herself how she did not look after all.

"Excuse us good folk," Aela turned at the sound of a husky Argonian voice. "But these ones could not help but notice from your staves and your baggage, that the two of you are adventuring mages?"

Aela and Ungarion found a pair of Argonians and a pair of Nibeneans standing behind them. The Argonian speaking was dressed in good, cream-colored linen edged with red embroidery. The scales of his skin were deep green, and each side of his long head was crowned by a row of horns. Beside him stood a much older lizardine with washed out yellow-brown scales, wearing the worn and dirty clothing of a peasant.

One of the humans with them was a young man with dark hair and eyes. He too was dressed in rough attire, and bore the calluses and tanned skin of a farmer. Finally there was a middle-aged woman with similar black hair and eyes. She wore a dress of good green linen, and Aela imagined from the worn skin of her hands and paler skin that she was an artisan, or someone else who worked indoors with her hands.

The Breton Witch glanced down at her bags, whose tops had fallen open to reveal the hilts of swords and other looted weapons, along with helmets, breastplates, and bits and pieces of armor. It was easy to see how the newcomers had discerned their profession. As if Ungarion's black silk robe with its silver-stitched diamond patterns was not a dead giveaway, or his dark staff and its blood-hued crystal. Her own white, vine-entwined staff was the only real clue to her profession. Otherwise her simple white chemise, brown bodice, and sturdy pants were hardly noteworthy. Except of course for the pads of hardened leather that protected her knees and a few other vital areas.

screenshot

"Why indeed we are!" Ungarion declared. "I am Ungarion, the finest warlock of the west! And allow me to introduce you to my partner Aela, the most brilliant Witch of Niben Bay."

Aela could not help but to roll her eyes at the Altmer's theatrics. He always did like to put on a show. She would think that a black marketeer would want to keep a low profile. It was just her luck to befriend the only smuggler in Cyrodiil who wanted everyone to look at him.

"If you will allow us to introduce ourselves, my name is Ulpia," the human woman began. She gestured to the linen-clad Argonian, then the older lizardine, and finally the Nibenean man in turn. "This is Stalks-The-Marshes, Hathei, and Rullianus. We are from the village of Agrigento, and are in need of fighters such as yourselves."

"I am afraid I have never heard of your settlement," Aela said. "Is it here on the Niben?"

"No, not quite," Stalks-The-Marshes said. "Our village lies beyond the headwaters of the Panther, across the border in the Black Marsh."

"You have come a long way then," Ungarion whistled.

"This one comes here often in fact," Stalks-The-Marshes said, "to sell our soju in Bravil. Or at least this one used to. So it is not an unfamiliar journey."

"So what is it that you need mages for?" Aela asked.

"Naga bandits," Ulpia said plainly. "For years now they've been preying upon us. They come twice a year, every time after we have distilled our soju. They take it, and anything else they want, and kill anyone who tries to stop them. Or just anyone at all."

"This sounds like something for the Imperial authorities?" Ungarion raised an eyebrow.

"The Imperial Legion has better things to do," Rullianus practically spat upon the quay beneath them. "We tried appealing to the Imperial Governor in Soulrest. He couldn't give two shats from a crocodile's tail about us."

"The Empire's authority does not extend as deeply into the hinterland as these one's settlement lies," Stalks-The-Marshes smoothly continued. "It never has. That was one reason these built there. To avoid… Imperial entanglements."

"Such as taxes and duties," Ungarion nodded his approval.

"But now your strategy has backfired," Aela said dryly, "and you lack the protection those taxes and duties pay for."

"Unfortunately, yes," Ulpia agreed sourly. "That is what we need people like yourselves for."

"What is the opposition?" Ungarion asked.

"Thirty or forty Nagas," Rullianus frowned, "give or take a few."

Aela coughed. "It will take more than a pair of mages for that. You'd need at least, oh a dozen good mercenaries. People with experience, who aren't afraid of long odds. Or perhaps half that many, if they are really good."

"What is the pay?" Ungarion asked, his eyes taking on that crafty look they always possessed when the subject of gold came up.

"These ones can feed you," the aging Argonian Hathei finally spoke. "Three meals a day, and offer some soju as well."

"Feed us!" Ungarion sputtered. "That's it? Good luck finding anyone that hungry!"

"Wait!" Rullianus held up his hands before Ungarion could turn away. "I once heard the Naga leader say that there was a price on his head. You could take it to Soulrest to collect the bounty. Or any other Imperial fortress."

"The Nagas have loot as well," Ulpia added. "They are highwaymen, preying upon those who travel from Gideon to Stormhold. They have many stolen goods, gold, jewels, you name it. All would be yours if you can defeat them."

Aela noted the sharp look that Stalks-The-Marshes shot the Nibenean woman. The Witch imagined that he would prefer to keep that loot for himself and the village. Aela could not blame the Argonian for his greed. Some of the treasure was doubtlessly their own to begin with.

"Well, we just finished with a band of marauders in Morahame," Aela declared. "We have to sell off our own loot, and have accounts to settle. So we cannot go anywhere with you. I suggest you try the Fighters Guild in Bravil. They might take your contract."

"These ones are indeed headed for Bravil," Stalks-The-Marshes declared. "These ones expect that shall be the best place to raise a force from. Perhaps when your business is concluded you will come find us?"

"Perhaps we shall indeed," Ungarion said. Aela noted that the high elf had that thoughtful expression again. She knew that he was thinking about that bounty, and imagining what kind of loot a band of Naga robbers might accumulate. The marauders in Morahame had collected quite a haul of goods, especially in the form of their armor and weapons. The Breton had to admit that she was thinking about it herself. But first things first. She owed Fathis Ules money, and needed to make a deposit at the Temple of Zenithar to keep the money-lender off her back.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 5 2019, 11:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 28 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #14

Paladin
Group Icon

A richly detailed quaint port village along the east bank of the Niben. A&U’s business there was clearly presented while handily introducing them to this story. As was the proposed task – enough of a potential reward to draw interest from the roguish pair of arcane adventurers. I loved how our oily but lovable black marketeer scoffed over the prospect of payment in the form of room and board!

In trying to place this within the general timeline of Teresa’s world, do these events take place before or after the Oblivion Crisis? Your reference to the Bravil FG is what cues me to ask. Or perhaps I should simply allow future interactions with the FG to speak for themselves in upcoming episodes?

Nit? ’Aela noted the sharp look at that Stalks-The-Marshes shot the Nibenean woman.’ - - The word ‘at’ seems out of place. I think the sentence might be better to lose it?

Edit: Oops. Although your description was as sharp and memorable as the teeth at the mouth of the Panther, I somehow typed 'west' bank of the Niben when, of course, Telamon is the east bank. Fixed.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 5 2019, 11:01 PM

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Jun 28 2013, 10:47 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Actually I was referring to the original Mag 7 from the '60s with Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen. I will have to watch the remake of the remake, especially as it stars, according to you, two actors whom I like very, very much. I always liked the air of mystery about Chris in the original, how he seldom spoke of himself. He let his actions speak for himself, and that always pushes my buttons.

On to this story. I loved the significant amount of world building you are doing here. The settlement, is that anywhere near the Teeth of the Panther? Just wondered how far back does this story go before the Oblivion Crisis? A couple of years? A couple of decades?

Loved Aela's primping on the docks. She may have a man's body, but definitely has the heart of a woman! And loved the details of financial woes and how costly her education was. These are issues I will have to address soon! So it's always good to see how other writers tackle this question.

S.G.M!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ThatSkyrimGuy
post Jun 29 2013, 01:12 AM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

Well, I have never seen The Seven Samurai, and I was a child when I saw the original The Magnificent Seven that H.E.R. mentioned, so I am in the dark as to comparing the stories. I think I am going to keep it that way. After finishing the story, I'll rent the movies and compare afterward.

SubRosa, reading this is like mana from the Gods. Your ability to build a scene, and in this case, a world, is enviable. The details, the wit, and the insight all flow together seamlessly. KUDOS! biggrin.gif

I am confused about one thing though. The prologue placed this story before the TF...a prequel. And it is, from the context, well after Aela graduates from from the A.U. Ok, here is what I'm trying to get at...How do the street peasants of Telamon know she is trans-gendered? Especially from the screenshot, she looks very female to me. Is it just self-consciousness that Aela feels, and the looks are precieved rather then actual? Or did the people of Telamon know her/his former self?

Still, this doesn't detract from the quality of this installment. Great stuff and ready for more! goodjob.gif

--------------------
A Question of Fate is my Skyrim Fic
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Jun 29 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

We watched the tv remake...Thoroughly loved all of the characters in it...

Aaamywho...Brilliant episode...Excellent imparting of a huge amount of history without it dragging...Massively impressed I am!...

To avoid Imperial entanglements

Holy Obi-Wan!!... biggrin.gif ...

A brilliant start, masterfully told...

Nice one!!...

*Applauds heartily*...

+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 29 2013, 04:26 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Prologue
This story has an interesting beginning. I definitely like this Blackmarsh setting. I do not know what a Naga is however; UESP didn’t have anything on them either. Looking at the other comments, it seems like I’m the only one that doesn’t know what they are… Where did I miss this info? Whoever they are, I think they will find the community a little more difficult to destroy and slaughter due to the good fortune of one elderly Argonian. The description of how he hid was very exciting. And then his reasons on not dropping his reeds gave him a nice touch of character. smile.gif

I have not seen any of these movies people are talking about (nor do I want to, I am not a movie buff) but similar to Acadian, the title made me think of Seven of Nine. laugh.gif

Ok I see what a Naga is now, looking at your replies. Weird that a search in UESP didn’t bring up anything.

Aela noticed Ungarion didn’t feather her bags, I noticed that Aela didn’t fortify Ungarion’s strength…

So the gender changes in Tamriel aren’t more successful than they are in real life. I just assumed that Aela looked just like a woman due to magic.

Good plan! Get rid of some of that heavy crap! Even if you don’t get as good of a price, you still have the added benefit of not having to lug it all around. That’s what Aravi does. tongue.gif

rollinglaugh.gif Nice illusion spell! Now don’t let Ungarion get used to it! He’ll become unbearable!

Ah, the dreaded student loans…

Hathei! Out to hire mercenaries to protect from the coming raid no doubt.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 29 2013, 06:41 PM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Since more than one person has expressed confusion over the Nagas and Aela's appearance, I have gone back and added more description to each. That is my fault as a writer, not anyone's as a reader. I should have gone into more detail to start with.

For those who are curious, Nagas are serpentine spirits found in both Hinduism and Buddhism. They have been part of the fantasy genre since as far back as the original D&D books. Maybe farther for all I know.

On the subject of Aela, her magic and self- performed surgery has mostly changed to her body to being female. But only mostly. As Teresa noted in Chapter 36 of the TF, there are a few clues to her male origins, such as an adam's apple, "man-hands", etc... Enough for perceptive people to notice, but not enough for most everyone else. That is not something I can accurately portray with screenshots, because every character in the game has exactly the same body, whether they are 80 years old or 20. It would just be too easy if no one ever noticed at all. That would take all of the conflict out of her decision to change her gender presentation, the struggle against which has made her into the person she is today, for good and ill.

QUOTE("Prologue")
Soon the land began to rise, and the mud turned to drier, hard-packed dirt. That made the going slower for the pack of Nagas. Where folk with two legs had an easy time on such ground, it was more difficult for his race to propel themselves upon their serpentine lower halves. Unlike ordinary snakes, they had a torso, head, and arms to balance aloft above their thick tails. It was much easier moving through the swamp's water and muck, where their tails could whip them forward at speed. Yet still they managed without complaint. The latter was a sign of weakness, and weakness was not tolerated in Dark-Eye's company.

QUOTE("Chapter 1.1")
As she had a thousand times, she sighed as the plain features that stared back at her in the silvered glass. She looked convincingly female enough for most people to never give her a second glance. But there was always one person in every crowd who noticed her adam's apple. While her magic had given her an hourglass frame, her shoulders were still a bit too broad, and her hips too narrow, and her breasts too small. Never mind her man-hands. Some things even seven years of Restoration magic could not repair. At least not yet. If only she had been born a normal woman…

Oh, and for those who missed it, the story is set eight years before the TF/Oblivion Crisis (between the events of the Daggerfall and Morrowind games).

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 5 2019, 11:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 5 2013, 03:05 PM
Post #20

Ancient
Group Icon

Acadian: Good eye on Stalk's out of place "at". Never trust those shifty Argonians... wink.gif

I picture little port towns along all the mouths of the rivers that flow into eastern Niben Bay. I believe its all part of Bravil County, so I would expect there to be a lot of travel going through them to little farming villages all along the east bank of the Bay. The rivers themselves make excellent avenues for trade and transport of course. So they would probably be spines around which civilization would grow.

Arcane Adventurers, I have to remember that one!

haute ecole rider: Telamon is on the north side of the mouth of the Panther River. Unlike in the game, my Panther river is large enough for boat traffic, like the Ohio or Tennessee. I see large ships traveling from Telamon across the Bay to Bravil and other cities, while barges and other flat bottomed boats go up the river itself.

Of course Aela is primping! biggrin.gif A girl always has to be conscious of how she looks. And Aela is more self-conscious than most.

The cost of tuition is a big part of what drives both Aela and Ungarion in this early tale. It made them become adventurers in fact. I expect the Arcane University is no different than any modern top tier university, like Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, etc... So it would not be cheap! I look forward to seeing how you handle that with Julian in "The White-Haired Redguard goes to School."

ThatSkyrimGuy: I actually find it easier to invent things than to go according to what Bethesda sets down. It lets me follow a consistent vision. While Bethesda created a wonderful playground for us to play our characters in, they did not really put a lot of thought into building a culture.

McBadgere: I was originally going to write something like "Imperial red tape" but I just could not resist the nod to Obi-Wan there.

King Coin: Aela and Ungarion are fun to write. There little discussion at the beginning gave me the opportunity to show how different they are as magicians. Not to mention the fun in their relationship. That was actually a Restoration spell to fortify Ungarion's Personality. I was not sure how else to describe making someone seem more magnetic and charismatic.

Previously On Seven: Out last episode introduced us to Aela and Ungarion, who were returning from a successful bandit-slaying expedition Morahame. They met four of the villagers from Agrigento, who tried to hire them to defend their village from the Naga bandits. A&U turned them down however, as they were busy selling off their loot and headed for Bravil. The Agrigentans were going the same way however, and Ungarion implied that they might help them once their business was finished.

Chapter 1.2

Aela munched on a hot piada filled with grilled chicken, diced tomatoes, cheese strips, and bursting with extra flavor thanks to a sprinkling of basil. It was far too good for street fare, and she vowed to return to this hot food stand whenever she was in Bravil.

The rumble of laughter from a deep throat caused Aela to turn her head. Across the street from the table where she and Ungarion sat were their acquaintances from Agrigento. Towering above them was the largest Nord she had ever seen, wearing mail armor and sporting a battle-axe nearly as long as he was tall.

"You scalebacks make me laugh!" the blond giant guffawed. He slapped Stalks-The-Marshes on the back with enough force to send the poor Argonian stumbling away. Then the Nord lumbered off down Silver Avenue while the other Agrigentans stared in shock and dismay.

"It seems our friends from Agrigento are not doing so well with their plan to hire mercenaries," Ungarion dryly observed through a bite of his own flatbread sandwich. "Perhaps we should lend our assistance?"

"Are you planning to pay off Fathis Ules with rice?" Aela shook her head and took a sip of wine from the worn cup the food stand had provided. It was far from Tamika's, but at least it was not water or stale beer. "In case you have forgotten, our education did not come for free."

"Thanks to the bandits at Morahame, we have enough gold in the temple to keep Fathis off our backs for months," Ungarion insisted. "Besides, given how those bandits paid out, I expect we will be making more than rice and soju from this quest."

"There are forty of them," Aela pointed out. "Don't you think that's a bit much for even us?"

"All the more for us to loot afterward," Ungarion grinned. "Besides, we can conjure up a few mules to even up the odds."

Aela shook her head. She knew there was nothing she could say to sway the Altmer's mind. She had the feeling that it was not even the promise of loot that had set the hook in the wizard's mouth. Rather it was his sense of adventure. She had known him long enough to realize that he would do this sort of thing just for the fun of it alone. The money was only an added incentive.

The next thing the Breton Witch knew, her friend was waving the four Agrigentans over to the table where they sat. Aela ate the last of her piada in silence as they crowded around, drawing stares from many of the other patrons of the food stand.

"How goes your recruitment efforts?" Ungarion asked.

"I am afraid you just saw how well," Ulpia frowned. "We even had an audience with Count Domitianus, but he will not send troops across the border into another province. We tried the Fighters Guild this morning. With an orc for a guild commander, I thought they would be eager to fight. But they turned us down as well."

"These ones have done no better at hiring individual mercenaries either," Hathei lamented with a down-turned head. "No one will help us."

"Fear not," Ungarion declared. "Aela and I have discussed it, and we are with you."

Aela just shook her head again as she chewed the last bite of her basil-flavored chicken sandwich.

"Good!" Rullianus practically boomed. "It's about time we found someone around here with stones."

"Oh, it's not the stones that are the problem," Ungarion rose to his feet. "It's a matter of finding the right people, at the right time, in the right way."

"And with the right amount of hunger," Aela added.

Ungarion ignored the quip, and continued. "First, you need to stop asking people off the street. That is never going to work. They are either going to laugh at you like that Nord, or you're going to end up with some cutthroat who will kill you in your sleep at the first opportunity."

"So where do we find these people?" Ulpia asked. "I thought surely the Fighters Guild or the castle would conjure up any number of warriors."

"The Fighters Guild has their bottom line to think of," Aela said, standing up beside Ungarion. "This is a contract that is going to tie up their resources for a long time. So it has to pay their expenses for that entire period. You just don't have the money for that, and they cannot gamble on the loot from the bandits making up the difference."

"What we need are people who are footloose," Ungarion said, "not tied down with families to support, rent to pay, that sort of thing. That is why old Ghabruz at the Fighters Guild turned you down. Our prospects will be folk who can just pick up and wander to another province at the drop of a hat."

"So where can they be found?" Rullianus asked.

"Why at the tavern of course!" Ungarion smiled.

With that the high elf led the Agrigentans across the city, not to an aleshop, but rather to every swordsmith, armorer, bowyer, and weapons trader. There they left word that they were looking for experienced fighters. After making the tour around the city, they finally did go to a tavern, and naturally not the one Aela would have preferred.

The Lonely Suitor Lodge was a wooden scar rising three stories into Bravil's skyline. The paint was peeling from its ramshackle walls, and in many places shutters were missing from its windows. The inside was little better. The common room was divided into front and back sections by a 'U'-shaped bar that ran out from a stairway on the left. Surrounding it was a sea of tables and chairs of stained and chipped wood. Even at mid-day, there were plenty of seedy-looking individuals hunched over tankards. The smell of it, and their unwashed bodies, made Aela's nose wrinkle in disgust. She was tempted to cast a Bloom spell upon everyone in the place, but had no doubt that would start a brawl.

"These ones will find warriors in this place?" Stalks-The-Marshes was evidently less impressed with the inn than Aela.

"This is where all of Bravil's toughs, thugs, mercenaries, killers, and generally unfriendly people congregate." Ungarion found them a table and motioned for them all to sit. Aela made sure that she had a chair with a wall at her back. Just in case.

"So how do these ones separate the good rice from the husks?" Hathei asked.

"Well now, that's the trick isn't it?" Ungarion smiled as an orc waitress came by with a pitcher of ale and another of what he imagined was wine. She set them down upon the table and handed a mug to each of them.

"Ale or wine?" she asked. Given her expression, Aela imagined that she must be the most bored person in all of Tamriel.

"Don't you have any flin?" Ulpia asked.

"We don't serve that here anymore," the orc said sourly. "Starts too many fights. So you get ale, or you get wine."

Aela chose the cheap wine, as did Ungarion and the Imperial woman. The others chanced the ale. Given their winces after taking their first sips, the Witch imagined that they were all equally disappointed with their choices.

"Who serves wine in a mug?" Ungarion shook his head as he started down at his drink. "Anyway, as I was saying, we need to be choosy…"

"Good thing we came here," Aela said dryly.

"…about the people we hire," Ungarion continued as if she had not spoken. "Most of those in here belong to one of the three gangs that run Bravil's underworld. The Suitor is neutral ground, the only place they can meet without killing one another. Take that orc back there in the corner, that's Kurdan gro-Dragol, the enforcer for the Damodar gang. He'd kill us all if he saw a septim in it."

"If everyone knows these ones are criminals, why does not the city guard come and arrest them all?" Hathei stared wide-eyed around them.

"Count Domitianus tries," Aela said. "But every time the guard squashes one gang, it creates an opening for another one. Before you know it, that one moves in and takes over, or a brand new one sprouts up in its place."

"Like roaches," Rullianus frowned. "No matter how many you step on, there's always one more."

"So what do we do now?" Ulpia asked.

"I don't see anyone here I trust, so we wait to see who comes to take our bait." Ungarion pulled out a deck of cards from one pocket. "Who wants to try a game of whist?"

Aela sat out of the card game, as did Ulpia. If they had been in better circumstances, she would have meditated. Communing with Nirn Spirits always made her feel better. Not to mention that as a conjurer, she always needed to nurture her relationships with the spirits. The Aedra did not serve because they were forced to, but rather because they wanted to. But The Lonely Suitor was not a place that she dared to let down her guard. She had already gotten more unpleasant stares than she would like.

So she was surprised when a friendly face came through the door. A Pahmar Khajiit, the newcomer bore the orange fur and black stripes of his breed. Also like the others of his birth-moons, his eyes were yellow and bore round irises. He wore the traditional lamellar armor of his race: a cuirass of small black lacquered plates sewn together with blue cord, with similar pieces covering his shoulders, arms and hips. A composite bow made of tan-colored bone and black minotaur horn was slung in a gorytos at one hip, along with a forest of reed arrowshafts. A Dwemer war axe hung from his other hip. So too did, a small, round buckler of Dwemer steel, emblazoned with a black scorpion.

screenshot

"Do'Sakhar!" Aela waved to the newcomer, and his golden eyes lit up with pleasant surprise as he met her gaze. The feline glided to the table where they all sat, and Aela motioned for the others to make room for him. Taking an empty chair from another table, the Khajiit spun it around and hunkered down beside the Breton Witch, with his forearms resting upon the backrest.

"This one is most pleased to see you Aela!" the tiger-striped Khajiit declared. "How has that goldenrod been treating you?"

"Oh, he's a handful, as always," Aela smiled with genuine delight.

"The goldenrod is sitting right here you know…" Ungarion rolled his eyes.

"Oh, this one had thought it was a tall stick of butter," Do'Sakhar grinned, revealing a set of long fangs. "And how are you this fine summer day Ungarion? Still smuggling banned books?"

"Oh no, not since we graduated," Aela smiled.

"Well, I still have my contacts," Ungarion insisted. He straightened up his collar, and did his best to make himself look distinguished.

"So you did graduate!" the feline's eyes lit up with delight. "Congratulations! There was never one so deserving of it as yourself. Especially after all of the trials and tribulations placed in your way."

"Hey, it wasn't a walk in the Arboretum for me either…" Ungarion said dryly.

"And who are your new friends?" Do'Sakhar asked, looking around the table.

"These are our employers," Aela said. "In fact, there's room for more, if you're interested."

"Oh I am sure he is far too busy," Ungarion waved one hand in dismissal. "Coughing up hairballs, treating mange, a cat's work is never done."

"This one should be glad to accompany you upon any quest Aela," Do'Sakhar smiled. "If only for the pleasure of civilized company."

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 5 2019, 11:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

13 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:04 AM