Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oblivion And Ps3
kuzo
post Sep 1 2005, 06:23 PM
Post #1

Associate

Taken from slashdot

"The Inquirer (as well as a more biased Team Xbox) is reporting that the Playstation 3's GPU will be a little less powerful than a GeForce 7800, which would also mean it's less powerful than the Xbox360. If true, what could this mean for the release of the PS3, a year later than the Xbox360 is released?" From the article: "It's all awfully confusing we know, though it is an interesting tech mystery to try and get to the bottom of. Of course Microsoft and Sony engineers all know exactly what's in the difference between the two consoles, but the marketing people want to tell us that their console is twenty times better than everyone elses, so we must wait until someone rips the two boxes open and benchmarks them..."

If the PS3 is less powerfull than the GeForce 7800, i dont think that Oblivion will even run on it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stargelman
post Sep 1 2005, 08:06 PM
Post #2

Senor Snore
Group Icon

It would probably run, but with a lesser graphical quality. Remember that you won't need a top-of-the-line video card just to play the game on the PC either. I think I've heard talk of Oblivion scaling similarily well as Doom 3, which imho scaled extremely well.

--------------------
Being good means getting better.
+Quote Post
Wurlon
post Sep 5 2005, 02:57 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Heh my video card is not supposed to be compatible with Morrowind, yet I play it almost everyday with no issues. Video graphics are confusing mellow.gif

--------------------
Sic Semper Tyrannis
+Quote Post
kuzo
post Sep 6 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #4

Associate

Im just gonna play it safe and just get the 360 version. Atleast I know that will run it, plus i blew up my computer yesterday.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 11:27 PM