Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone know if object will be solid?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Hukai The Wandering
its annoying to spend hours fixings your hideaway just right to find out that the holy floor of daedric shields isnt really there...its like the matrix....
:paperbag2:
Soulseeker3.0
ummm.. may I ask what this is all about??
Channler
Doh! He wants his floor to be a floor of Daedric Sheilds so that he can walk on them... gosh..
Oozae
That'd be pretty cool, I know a guy made a pillow bridge...
Wolfie
But don't you just walk through things like that? i know i made a pillow fort but i could walk through the walls sad.gif
darkcootie
welll he could make the floor first and then lay the shields on the ground
Soulseeker3.0
oh i see sorry. yes that wopuld be cool
Hukai The Wandering
i meant, will objects be solid or be like holograms? Can you walk on them or through them?
:confused:
DoomedOne
On, Havoc makes the objects real.
Hukai The Wandering
[quote=DoomedOne]On, Havoc makes the objects real.[/quote]

Yay *runs around kissing everything but people*
Soulseeker3.0
[quote=Hukai The Wandering][quote=DoomedOne]On, Havoc makes the objects real.[/quote]

Yay *runs around kissing everything but people*[/quote]
lol
Oozae
[quote=Soulseeker3.0][quote=Hukai The Wandering][quote=DoomedOne]On, Havoc makes the objects real.[/quote]

Yay *runs around kissing everything but people*[/quote]
lol[/quote]Full of fresh wholesome leety goodness biggrin.gif

Oh, did I mention that it was a serious problem in Mw that annoyed me? Well it is.
ChadFromCanada
I sure hope that they are solid, so you can build a little tower and pick guards off. biggrin.gif
Hukai The Wandering
that fun to do. just make a tons of constant effect items with chamelon and stand there shooting! biggrin.gif they run around screaming! :lmao:
Aki
[quote=ChadFromCanada]I sure hope that they are solid, so you can build a little tower and pick guards off. biggrin.gif[/quote]

Heh, i prefer to be able to KNOCK guards FROM towers.

I SO wanted to throw Ordinators off the cantons in vivec and watch themsplatter on the lower levels. Alas. I couldn't. sad.gif

Maybe in Oblivion i'll use the Cs and old MW meshes to make this come true. biggrin.gif
Soulseeker3.0
[quote=Aki][quote=ChadFromCanada]I sure hope that they are solid, so you can build a little tower and pick guards off. biggrin.gif[/quote]

I SO wanted to throw Ordinators off the cantons in vivec and watch themsplatter on the lower levels. Alas. I couldn't. sad.gif

Maybe in Oblivion i'll use the Cs and old MW meshes to make this come true. biggrin.gif[/quote]
i'ts possible, yes i can see it now, (cue cheesy new's caster voice)"today on the dreaded tower of ***insert name here*** the valant hero of Cyrodill (sp?) launches a strangly dressed man off of the tower just for the laughs to see him splatter, when the Legion asked him why he did it he calmly anwered, 'it's a long story you won't understand.' "

HE HE HE smile.gif :evil5: :evil6: :evil7: :evil8: :evil: :vampire: :evil2: :evil3: :evil4: :evil8: :evil9: :evil10: :evil11: :evil12: :evil13: :evil14: :evil15: :evil16: :evil17: :evil18: :evilcrying: devilsmile.gif >;) >:< >:| :madman: :skullandbones: (YAY evil smiles!!)
Oozae
[quote=Soulseeker3.0][quote=Aki][quote=ChadFromCanada]I sure hope that they are solid, so you can build a little tower and pick guards off. biggrin.gif[/quote]

Maybe in Oblivion i'll use the Cs and old MW meshes to make this come true. biggrin.gif[/quote]
i'ts possible, yes i can see it now, (cue cheesy new's caster voice)"today on the dreaded tower of ***insert name here*** the valant hero of Cyrodill (sp?) launches a strangly dressed man off of the tower just for the laughs to see him splatter, when the Legion asked him why he did it he calmly anwered, 'it's a long story you won't understand.' "

HE HE HE smile.gif :evil5: :evil6: :evil7: :evil8: :evil: :vampire: :evil2: :evil3: :evil4: :evil8: :evil9: :evil10: :evil11: :evil12: :evil13: :evil14: :evil15: :evil16: :evil17: :evil18: :evilcrying: devilsmile.gif >;) >:< >:| :madman: :skullandbones: (YAY evil smiles!!)[/quote]You need to have a good long look at the light and reflect on things. I see the pure goodness in your heart, Soulseeker. Let it free, let it flutter from it's cage that you may live to see it again....

biggrin.gif
Soulseeker3.0
[quote=Oozae]You need to have a good long look at the light and reflect on things. I see the pure goodness in your heart, Soulseeker. Let it free, let it flutter from it's cage that you may live to see it again....

biggrin.gif[/quote]

....... *stars at Oozae with a blank face*

Edit: Removed the older quotes inside the quote
--Rane--
Oozae
[quote=Soulseeker3.0][quote=Oozae]You need to have a good long look at the light and reflect on things. I see the pure goodness in your heart, Soulseeker. Let it free, let it flutter from it's cage that you may live to see it again....

biggrin.gif[/quote]

....... *stars at Oozae with a blank face*[/quote]What? You do not understand my mad ramblings that are beyond even my comprehension? Ha ha ha biggrin.gif

Edit: Removed the older quotes inside the quote
--Rane--
DoomedOne
I revived this because I have some bad news. Objects will be affected by physics to the point where in modding you can make a shield float in the air, it will fall to the ground. It'd be nice to start the world out that way and watch the beautiful tower you worked so hard on topple to the ground though.
Darkwing
I would say that objects are solid yes......seeming as havok will be pretty much everwhere it wouldnt make much sense to have some objects 'solid and useable' and others with no clipping.
Channler
[quote=DoomedOne]I revived this because I have some bad news. Objects will be affected by physics to the point where in modding you can make a shield float in the air, it will fall to the ground. It'd be nice to start the world out that way and watch the beautiful tower you worked so hard on topple to the ground though.[/quote]

That would mean that you would have to use a hole lot of pillows.. No?
9of9
Problem is that, while real and solid, the pillows you so painstakingly made a hwole fort out of will start flying in all directions and collapse the fort on top of you as soon as you accidentally touch a wall (or some pesky NPC decides they have a path going through it).

Unless, of course, you use a lot of pillows...

Hm, I wonder if it would be possible to make some sort of Garry's Mod for Oblivion? Maybe make it so that you could glue the pillows together...
DoomedOne
maybe you could build a real fort and pile pillows outside the walls and over the roof.

It would sort of be cheating.
Loki74
:evil7: I will shoot guards with me bow from the slot in me pillow fort and watch the havock system in action , would be cool if they flipped off bridges/towers too :evil7:
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.