Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Ideas Box
Chorrol.com > Mods > Mod Projects > Archived; Tes F'Ruum
Troika
If you have an idea for a story that, for whichever reason you won't be using, please don't just let it float into the void. Post it here, and other people may be able to use it.

If you are going to be using an idea from The Idea Box, make sure you post to let everyone know which story you're going to work on, so that we don't end up with three versions of the same thing.
Pinehead
I was thinking about a serie of books about Vvardenfell. Written like a tourist guide, with a load of information on sightseeing and relaxing spots. With parts for language, travel within VVardenfell and stuff. I just don't know much about the Geology/History/Language and that kind of stuff. It was kinda supposed to be a project on it's own, written by several people, within the Library. But I bet something like this has been done already and I'm rather busy. Maybe some people are still interested though.
Perseus
My current writing is about some dark ritual. Dunno if that equals arcane or something, I never looked into that. It's about sacrificing people to a fire smile.gif.

Hmm, well reports on organisations to the homeland (East Empire..) would be a solid idea.
Channler
I was gonna do a blade journal.. is that alright?
JulZ
[quote=Pinehead]I was thinking about a serie of books about Vvardenfell. Written like a tourist guide, with a load of information on sightseeing and relaxing spots. With parts for language, travel within VVardenfell and stuff. I just don't know much about the Geology/History/Language and that kind of stuff. It was kinda supposed to be a project on it's own, written by several people, within the Library. But I bet something like this has been done already and I'm rather busy. Maybe some people are still interested though.[/quote]

I think we've already got too many books on/set in Vvardenfell. The most natural thing would be if most of the books were from Cyrodiil or an unspecified place.

Anyway, I was thinking of a collection of Cyrodiilic proverbs, but that's way too advanced for me to do, so feel free to use the idea people.
DoomedOne
I just realized in school I'm writing a short story about a guy attempting to slay a fawn. It would not be very difficult to adapt it at all to fit into oblivion.
Oozae
I have a vague idea of doing something with the Sload (since there are no Sload books) after I have finished my theory about the Knahaten Flu in Black Marsh.
Corryn
Somewhere in Morrowind a person sneaks into an ancient Dwemer ruin. He takes a device and many animiniculi activate. Not being a warrior he hides. What follows is a twisting nightmare as he desparatly seeks to find his way in the Laberinth of twisting coridors and dangerouse traps as relentless machines hunt him down.
DoomedOne
You signed up finally?
Oozae
[quote=DoomedOne]You signed up finally?[/quote]He signed up earlier...
DoomedOne
so he did, still I heard some comment when reading around that he hadn't signed up yet so I had to, plus, that was earlier toay.
Oozae
[quote=DoomedOne]so he did, still I heard some comment when reading around that he hadn't signed up yet so I had to, plus, that was earlier toay.[/quote]Yeah, he did sign up pretty late. And you're right, he signed up today, only earlier.
JulZ
[quote=Corryn]Somewhere in Morrowind a person sneaks into an ancient Dwemer ruin. He takes a device and many animiniculi activate. Not being a warrior he hides. What follows is a twisting nightmare as he desparatly seeks to find his way in the Laberinth of twisting coridors and dangerouse traps as relentless machines hunt him down.[/quote]

As I said, I feel people should try to steer away from Morrowind...

And please, please don't whip me (Insert a :bolt: emoticon from the official TES forums here) !
minque
[quote=JulZ]

I think we've already got too many books on/set in Vvardenfell. The most natural thing would be if most of the books were from Cyrodiil or an unspecified place.

.[/quote]
The first chapter of my story (in the archives ) takes place in Cyrodiil, only!

smile.gif
Pinehead
I just read the stuff about the lack of heretical books (which I didn't know) So now I have an idea for a book from a Sheogorath worshipper. The book should look like a bunch of nonsense at first sight, but should contain hidden secrets. I have skills with the 'nonsense' part, but I'm worthless in hidden messages.
stargate525
[quote=Pinehead]I just read the stuff about the lack of heretical books (which I didn't know) So now I have an idea for a book from a Sheogorath worshipper. The book should look like a bunch of nonsense at first sight, but should contain hidden secrets. I have skills with the 'nonsense' part, but I'm worthless in hidden messages.[/quote]
some sugestions;
write the message backwards
write the message as the first letter of every word
" " " " last letter of every word
write it in phonetics ('bike' would be written as 'byk')
JulZ
Got an idea, what if the Librarian wrote a play or a history book detailing the founding of the Library, how the founders met each other etc. It could be called something like 'On Our Secret Library And Its Founding'.
stargate525
[quote=JulZ]Got an idea, what if the Librarian wrote a play or a history book detailing the founding of the Library, how the founders met each other etc. It could be called something like 'On Our Secret Library And Its Founding'.[/quote]
good idea, that's why I had you all sign up for me. I'm making a play on how the library is/was being hidden behind an imperial writing office. With a little rewrite, I could add in the founders...
Oni Tora
an idea i have had for a while is if there is an arena in OB, then we could start an arena log. something like:

Combatants names/races:
outcome:
odds/bets:
Winners notes:

i dunno, sumthin like that.
Oozae
"Nord traditions are resplendent with legendary heroes that battled their traditional enemies, elves and orcs, using the Thu'um, a powerful voice-magic."- Do something on that, not much is known. See here for more info: http://til.gamingsource.net/mwbooks/children_sky.shtml
Troika
[quote=stargate525][quote=JulZ]Got an idea, what if the Librarian wrote a play or a history book detailing the founding of the Library, how the founders met each other etc. It could be called something like 'On Our Secret Library And Its Founding'.[/quote]
good idea, that's why I had you all sign up for me. I'm making a play on how the library is/was being hidden behind an imperial writing office. With a little rewrite, I could add in the founders...[/quote]

The Librarian is writing a book on how the Library was founded, and how each of the Founders came to be involved. It's going to be my Founders' Fate.

Stargate's play will be something with a slightly more humourous bent (I think), based somewhat on our antics in the official forum's thread...
Hukai The Wandering
details on animals and they're actions/habitats...could include platlife if ur pateint enuf
Chumbaniya
I've just registered on the forum, I saw this project a while back and thought it looked very interesting. Not sure what I'm going to write (or attempt to write) yet, but I think I'll have to read up on TES lore first - most of the stuff I know comes from Morrowind so I need to learn a bit more about Cyrodill and all that. I think I'll end up writing something about magic or theology, but obviously I need to re-check the lore first. Anyway, hello everyone, and hopefully I can end up producing something decent for the library.
stargate525
[quote="Troika"][quote="stargate525"][quote=JulZ]
Stargate's play will be something with a slightly more humourous bent (I think), based somewhat on our antics in the official forum's thread...[/quote]
yeah it is, but it still has the Library in it. And judgeing by the ideas in my building thread, it may just end up behind an office of this sort!
Fuzzy Knight
Well I dont know if I will be writing much on my Princes of the Night story now as I've started on the Telvanni Amulet, be free to start a story about it...

Its just about a vampire clan that has managed to take over the mages guild in Ald'Ruhn without people knowing them. Or at least something like that :lickinglips:
Elongar
Well, if any of you have read the Redwall series (must have been some time ago), there was a a continuing record of all the things happening in the abbey. Perhaps, you could have an open book sitting on the head Editor's desk, with a journal, similar to your own, constantly updating itself. It would require some scripting. That doesn't have to be implemented. You could just have the open book with writing in it, without the script.
Aemos the Wise
[quote=Hukai The Wandering]details on animals and they're actions/habitats...could include platlife if ur pateint enuf[/quote]

I'll take care of these.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.