Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2006-04-05 - First Pay-for-Play mod released
Chorrol.com > News, Updates & Rules > News, Updates & Rules
stargelman
Yesterday, Bethesda made available for purchase on their website and on XBox Live the first of what is planned to be a number of small addons for Oblivion. As announced several months ago, this first official mod adds two kinds of horse armor to the game. The mod is available for US$1.99 or 200 Xbox Live points.

Shortly after this was announced over at MajorNelson.com, a seizable number of people expressed their frustration about this new practice of selling mods for what they perceive to be too high a price, instead of making them available for free.

Pete Hines, Vice President of PR and Marketing, responded to this on EvilAvatar.com, stating that the price the mod is now sold for is comparable to other items available on XBox Live, such as themes and items for other games.

Other mods announced include a mod that adds an Orrery to the Arcane University (I did wonder why that was an empty room!) and a mod that adds a home for wizards - a tower - to the northern area of the game.

OblivionDownloads.com - Pay4Play Mods for Oblivion
xycolian
QUOTE(stargelman @ Apr 5 2006, 04:39 AM)
Other mods announced include a mod that adds an Orrery to the Arcane University (I did wonder why that was an empty room!)

Would you mind telling me where to get the key to open the Orrery? I'm the Arch-mage of the mages Guild and my Arch-mage key won't even open the stupid Orrery.
stargelman
QUOTE(xycolian @ Apr 10 2006, 11:29 PM)
Would you mind telling me where to get the key to open the Orrery? I'm the Arch-mage of the mages Guild and my Arch-mage key won't even open the stupid Orrery.

There is no key. i used the console because I'm just that curious wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.