Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Myspace?
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Intestinal Chaos
I was curious, just who has a myspace here?

Just a little wonder I had.

Stomach Ache's
Channler
I gots teh myspace too! Its not for losers guys, it rocks, I've talked to friends I had back in 1st grade with this thing. Its teh compassion

ChannyCat's Myspace
Intestinal Chaos
Ah, nice. I've always wanted to have a few of the forumers on my friends list :]
DoomedOne
I'd rather not post mine publicly but if you want it PM me.

Nothing personal, it's just the unworthy erupt in flames and death when they set eyes upon it.
Ibis
Wow, I wanna see Doomed Ones myspace ... I haven't been on fire all week.

I am considering getting one of these myspaces, but I've already got 2 Artsites, one pretty okay on Photobucket and another I'm not so happy with at Ripway. Do you guys think that myspace is condusive to graphics or is it more for blogging and conversation.

That is too cool that you talked with someone from first grade on yours, Channler.

Ok, Stomach Ache ... you may notice in the Coffe Shop thread that I waxed rather nostalgic when you mentioned homelessness. That happened to us, it was a concious decision that we made to further my hubby Cain's drumming career, but it became challenging and difficult to go through at times. But, I wrote it all down over at the other thread ... in hopes of cheering you up I guess.

That thing ... sometimes when 1 door closes, new ones will open .... it's true.
DoomedOne
Ibis, myspace's best use to contact people with the same interests as you and or people you haven't seen for a long time. I'm a total vegabond so when a friend of mine I hadn't seen for years messaged me it was a really good feeling. It sucks for people like me who have to leave their friends all the time (I'm moving again in less than a month) so Myspace is a great tool.
Dantrag
I have managed not to catch the MySpace bug. I hope it remains that way.
minque
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Apr 24 2006, 10:27 PM)
I have managed not to catch the MySpace bug. I hope it remains that way.

Me neither.....too much personal info on the net is ......not so good
Kiln
QUOTE(minque @ Apr 24 2006, 09:31 PM)
Me neither.....too much personal info on the net is ......not so good

The problem for me isn't that people might try to get at me because of all the personal info...but rather that I'm too shy for stuff like that. That's right, the inner workings of the Kiln are mysterious.

If some baddie wants to seek me out then by all means, let him. I don't care...a gun lives here. ph34r.gif
Red
QUOTE(Kiln @ Apr 24 2006, 10:06 PM)
The problem for me isn't that people might try to get at me because of all the personal info...but rather that I'm too shy for stuff like that.  That's right, the inner workings of the Kiln are mysterious.

If some baddie wants to seek me out then by all means, let him.  I don't care...a gun lives here. ph34r.gif

And an experianced fencer lives here.

I'm not exactly a fan of what Myspace has turned into, but the idea was a good one. It has turned into an enormous flame war that has ruined friendships, given terrible people a base of operations and has ruined entire social systems. Though this can't be said about every single profile, it has turned very shaded. It had its good sides, like communicating with bands you love and a system that was like a 24 hour MSN account, but having calm discussion became impossible for many. FOr example, I had a person in my friends list that I would have great political discussion with, until one day I commented on a post in his blog. I was flamed, called many a foul name, had people flame me and other members on my friends list and simply lost my interest in Myspace.
Channler
..wow? Drama?

kvleft.gif

Common doom, let me see your myspace! I need to know my enemies so that when I run for some political position I'll know how to counter you!
Kiln
QUOTE(Red @ Apr 24 2006, 10:17 PM)
I was flamed, called many a foul name, had people flame me and other members on my friends list and simply lost my interest in Myspace.

That tends to be a problem anywhere that people can chat though, there are always the ones that can't handle an intelligent conversation so they use caps lock and call others foul names.
DoomedOne
There channler, I PMed it. Hope you don't mind the pagan background.
Red
QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Apr 24 2006, 11:38 PM)
There channler, I PMed it.  Hope you don't mind the pagan background.

Well that was a bad idea, now you have to give it to me tongue.gif.

Please? I'll beg you, making me look pathetic and you a god above mods! Pretty please with stone henges on top?
Channler
QUOTE(Red @ Apr 24 2006, 06:43 PM)
Well that was a bad idea, now you have to give it to me tongue.gif.

Please? I'll beg you, making me look pathetic and you a god above mods! Pretty please with stone henges on top?

Hey I want yours to Red.. eww.. that sounded dirty..

Anyways.. Eh, doesn't bother me to much, on CyberNations I kinda help start the Cult of Adminism. Come join us biggrin.gif http://s11.invisionfree.com/CNAO/index.php?act=idx
Channler
Omg.. I just found my lover for like when I was 6 up untill I was about... err.. 13? Wow.. I love myspace.. Thats so awesome..

She move to Oklahoma and I never heard from her again... (well actually thats a blatant lie.. But I did loss contact with her, couldn't find her phone number or email add..)

Heh, it was after her that I deemed I couldn't have a relationship with another girl for more then 2 weeks all because I was afraid of getting attached and have to worry about losing her again..

Now that I think about that I'm still like that.. I haven't had a "solid" girl for.. a very long time.. I've had flings, but thats about it.
Soulseeker3.0
I ave a Xanga.. a handfull of people in my chemistry class had one so I said why not? I don't go there that often though
Ibis
Okay, now my interest is totally piqued ... because there is someone from long ago that I would like to find out about. Just how things turned out for them. Not to bother them or anything.

So how is it that you are able to find people form long ago in your life? Is this a random happening or is it something that myspace does on a regular basis? I would like to find out more about this, please ....
DoomedOne
It's something mostly among kids, actually, the chances are harder for adults because myspace just isn't very popular among adults, but it's pretty simple, you can look up their name in the search and if they have a myspace apge themselves you can say hi. The only reason it works better than classmate finder or anything else is because myspace is way more popular than most other webpages.
ShogunSniper
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Apr 24 2006, 11:33 PM)
I ave a Xanga.. a handfull of people in my chemistry class had one so I said why not? I don't go there that often though

as do i. biggrin.gif
Ibis
I love your new pic, Stomach Ache. Are you home yet? smile.gif
Geonox
can anyone tell me what myspace is tongue.gif? Is it like one of those uselless community websites where you can make some kind of profile? gehe like my pp2g tongue.gif
Fuzzy Knight
QUOTE(Geonox @ May 20 2006, 10:59 PM)
can anyone tell me what myspace is tongue.gif? Is it like one of those uselless community websites where you can make some kind of profile? gehe like my pp2g tongue.gif

Jupp.. wink.gif
Geonox
QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ May 20 2006, 11:03 PM)
Jupp.. wink.gif

x-x noes...I have to admit that I got one 2 tongue.gif...but I don't realy know what I'm doing there laugh.gif
Ibis
Just dazzle them all with your brilliance, Geo. I mean it, you are an inspiration to everyone with your art and modeling. Did I tell you that I've applied to school for Computer Animation which is the more artistic (translate that = the least math orientated) part of Game Design. The school is right here near Orlando called Full Sail. They do a lot of entertainment industry job training.

Our tour (me & Cain) is June 11th ... I can't wait. This weekend I'll find out online what benefit package I can get for financial aide. And yes, you partially have inspired me to go for this .... so THANX! biggrin.gif
Geonox
awh thanks Ibis, good luck on your new school. I don't know what to say it's realy cool that my work inspired you biggrin.gif.
Black Hand
www.myspace.com/arkhangelsk
Ibis
Black Hand, welcome! I haven't seen you around here before.

I love your pics at MySpace ... are any of them you? I love the sketch of the girl, did you draw it? And is Just Jess your dog? How cute to put man's best friend on the friends list.

I will have to put all my bird and fish-foraging buddies at the lake in my pics ...tee hee laugh.gif
Zarrexaij
No, I have never visited MySpace so I won't tell you how I got one.
Ibis
Sounds like a mystery wrapped in a conundrum ... you've got a MySpace but have never been there?? Are you going to tell us how? blink.gif
Ramirez
I swear... Myspace was forged by Lucifer himself
Dantrag
QUOTE(Ramirez @ Jun 4 2006, 08:08 AM)

agreed.
1234king
isnt myspace like full of pedophiles??? huh.gif cuz my mom says thats why im not aloud to make a myspace profile
Zarrexaij
QUOTE(Ramirez @ Jun 4 2006, 07:08 AM)
Nope. MySpace is far too evil, even for Lucifer himself.

isnt myspace like full of pedophiles???
Nope, but it's full of emokids that are far too easy to make fun of. tongue.gif
1234king

Nope, but it's full of emokids that are far too easy to make fun of. tongue.gif

[/quote]

emo kids.........gross. why the hell would you choose to be emo, it makes no sense. this one f-ing goddang emo kid at my skool cuts the back of her hand.
Dantrag
That's messed up. Just because someone's different doesn't mean they're 'one f-ing goddang emo kid' or 'gross'.

Now what really pisses me off are high school stereotypes.
minque
One question.....yes I´m stupid perhaps but I really wanna know ..

What exactly is an "emo-kid"?
Dantrag
QUOTE(minque @ Jun 4 2006, 11:52 PM)
One question.....yes I´m stupid perhaps but I really wanna know ..

What exactly is an "emo-kid"?

http://www.sykospark.net/emo/idiotic.gif

Best explanation I could ever think of.
minque
Hah! Awesome...I figured something like that but its really sweet! Oh my.....I know a lot of those.......thanks btw!!
Ibis
indifferent.gif Well one thing that seems a certainty = high school kids are always going to spout stereotypes. It seems to come with that age of transitioning from child to adult and "finding oneself" as the hippie generation termed it so long ago.

Whether it be emokids, or goth, or goldfish swallowers, or telephonebooth stuffers, or hippies, or American Bandstand dancers .... that age group just seem to all say "I've got to be different and express my INDIVIDUALITY by looking and dressing and talking and posing like everyone else in my 'rebellious' generation.

Tee hee

Luckily it is a self-curing disease and runs it course out ..... wacko.gif
Black Hand
Well in response too Ibis those are Pics of Friends, I had nothing too do with any of them.

Emo Kids are basically Drama Queens and kings.

I am NOT an Emo Kid. I am simply what I am, and I detest drama of all sorts.
DoomedOne
What is all this hate? Highschool is tough, okay, it's tought. Hell, life is tough. During high school, everyone is searching for their identity, there's often an oppressive caste system, and the hormones put students of all genders in trigger-happy PMS thing. Goths, Emo kids, punks, they're all just kids trying to fit in, find themselves and get through it, and they usually grow up.

Oh, and the act of hating drama creates drama itself.

Now for myspace, you guys all say it's like hell-spawn and compassion, but here's the thing, I can keep in touch with people I haven't seen for years, because myspace is more popular than checking email. Going away to college is a heavy transition, and I wouldn't probably permantly lose some of my friends if not for myspace. There's the whole vain advertisement thing where people have a page of themselves, complete with theme music and stupid pictures, but on the other hand it sort of rolls barriers over when it comes to learning about people. I'd hate to admit this but when I get a new love-interest sometimes I search for her name on myspace to learn about her and see how much we have in common. So it's not a hell-spawn, it's just something on the computer that the retards from high-school think is cool.

And lastly, onto dantrag's emo poster, you scared the begeezus out of me. I'm not emo, but I do wear old thrift-shop shirts, and have a disc man, and wear my backpack over one shoulder, and never wear anything but loose, ripped up old jeans, and lastly that guy in that poster has my sneakers. But I'm not emo, and I doubt anyone considers themselves emo anymore. Nah, I went through three highschool stereotypes, the outcast, the prep and the burnout, never an emo kid though.

There, that's it.
stargelman
Wait...aren't Emos Austrialian birds with a big bum and lots of feathers that walk around and can't fly? Bit smaller than an ostrich? ohmy.gif
Fuzzy Knight
QUOTE(stargelman @ Jun 10 2006, 10:11 AM)
Wait...aren't Emos Austrialian birds with a big bum and lots of feathers that walk around and can't fly? Bit smaller than an ostrich? ohmy.gif

Emu u mean...?

user posted image
Dantrag
QUOTE(DoomedOne @ Jun 10 2006, 02:21 AM)
And lastly, onto dantrag's emo poster, you scared the begeezus out of me.  I'm not emo, but I do wear old thrift-shop shirts, and have a disc man, and wear my backpack over one shoulder, and never wear anything but loose, ripped up old jeans, and lastly that guy in that poster has my sneakers.  But I'm not emo, and I doubt anyone considers themselves emo anymore.  Nah, I went through three highschool stereotypes, the outcast, the prep and the burnout, never an emo kid though.

the poster was meant to be a joke. It was the first thing I found when I googled emo kid.
Ibis
Doomed is right, high school is tough for some - for me it was easy, I was popular but it was college that was a rude awakening to me. What? I'm not popular just because I'm pretty and my dad's rich? Oh? I have to have opinions and the guys are going to judge me by my brains? Much harder than dressing to fit in, but I made the effort.

My post about high schoolers was made as a fond joke, looking back on it all. As for this Emo-stuff .... I also dress sometimes in old thrift store clothes, ragged jeans and sneakers and yeh, I've got a MySpace - thanks to Intestinal Chaos who I wanted to keep in touch with. So it is a valid means of contacting people. Although I ought to use it more. But I am well over the age of being called an empkid and believe me - I'd never travel back in time to that age group. I like too much where I'm at. laugh.gif
Pisces
I don't have myspace but I like emu. If you have ever had emu burgers they are really tasty.
Ibis
Are there McDemu Restaurants in New Zealand, Pisces? tongue.gif
Pisces
No, just KFE. What type of bird are you Ibis? A tasty bird?
Ibis
OOOPpppss ... I walked right into that one, didn't I??

Well, you will never make it to Florida to find out, Pisces. We don't allow non-indiginous species into Florida. A big, ole nasty fish like you might upset our alligators! ..... with your bad taste. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.