Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oblivion Machinima Film?
Chorrol.com > Mods > Oblivion Mods
Abyr
I wasn't sure where to put this so I just put it in the mods forum.

I'm planning on making a machinima film with Oblivion, (machinima is basically making a movie filmed in a video game www.machinima.com).

I'm wondering if there's a way to simply import an area from Oblivion into the construction set (like a tavern for example?) and then make a scripted AI scenario which can be recorded. I'm new to the construction set but not new to machinima, what I need help with is:

-Importing an individual "zone" from Oblivion into the construction set.

-Editing NPC AI so that they follow a scripted path that can be recorded. Example: walk forward, sit at the table, eat food, stand up, walk west, something the AI would do every time the game is run with no variation.

-Camera angles, either run Oblivion normally with no user interface and record through first-person, or film through the editor, so I could place the camera anywhere I want, filming through the editor would be prefered.

Is something like this possible? Thanks in advance.
Ibis
This is very possible, Abyr. This is what modding is all about.

It will be very easy for you to replicate a tavern or whatever room you want in Oblivion's TESCS because all the buildings come pre-made now. Not like in Morrowind TESCS where we peiced most of them together.

As for scripting, I'm pretty sure that you can script the NPCs to walk to certain places, sit somewhere, etc. If not, you could have things set up in TESCS and then go into the game and walk each player character through the routine you want him/her to do and then splice everything together I guess.

I'm not so good a scripting, but I've done alot of building for Morrowind. Oblivion's construction set is very similar. To get you started and learning what to do, the best thing is to find the thread we've already started concerning learning to mod.

Here
Hanz baby
1 whats your movie about
2 when its done make a link cause it sounds pretty cool
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.