Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sideways Cave
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion cheats and hints
Elendil
Anyone else but me that feels a bit disappointed after beeing in Sideways Cave? huh.gif

It sure held a lot of promise; first a cave as usual, then a hidden lake with some old ruins and finally an Ayleid Ruin. Some mysterious notes dead dude and then...NOTHING??? nono.gif

I mean you can't even get up on the upper levels you can see from down in the lake. Sucks... mad.gif
Furious_George
QUOTE(Elendil @ May 1 2006, 09:49 AM)
Anyone else but me that feels a bit disappointed after beeing in Sideways Cave? huh.gif

It sure held a lot of promise; first a cave as usual, then a hidden lake with some old ruins and finally an Ayleid Ruin. Some mysterious notes dead dude and then...NOTHING???  nono.gif 

I mean you can't even get up on the upper levels you can see from down in the lake. Sucks... mad.gif

I tried for a long time to get up to those upper levels. I thought maybe you could get up there if you had 100 acrobatics and lots of strength, but I never managed it. sad.gif
Elendil
And not even some descent loot...
Konji
you oculd try tcl ing up there.
Elendil
QUOTE(Konradude @ May 1 2006, 04:41 PM)
you oculd try tcl ing up there.

I suspect that's a console command?

I'm on the 360... cool.gif
bloodyfish
Maybe there is a quest that activates a staircase up? I saw those staircase buttons in some ruins.
Elendil
I dont't think so, it's more of a cave outside the ruins.
Then again who knows, I might go back...
bloodyfish
Maybe, if you ask the company and they really think they want to halp you(which they wont) it will, come out on a patch(which it wont).
DarkHunter
If enough people complain to Bethsada then they'll either have to or listen to lots of annoying posts and e-mails tongue.gif
Elendil
Yeah... Let's go get'em... biggrin.gif

No, seriously, I think I'm getting a little bored.
The caves and ruins are all the same...getting a bit tedious... sad.gif

The Sideways had that little extra...kind of Tomb Raider feel to it.
Olav
I found that cave only yesterday, and remembered this thread. I tried for a long time to get up on the upper level, and finally managed it by jumping up on some of those ruined pieces of wall. I was wearing the Boots of Springheel Jak or whatever they are called...

Anyway, there was nothing up there. Nothing at all. I suspect this cave is part of a quest that didn't make it into the game.
Elendil
QUOTE(Olav @ May 21 2006, 12:48 PM)
Anyway, there was nothing up there. Nothing at all. I suspect this cave is part of a quest that didn't make it into the game.

Sound plausible... kvleft.gif
Cadaver
Its probably another little "hook" like the door to the orrery, just there to make sure everybody keeps buying the official patches...

THANK GOD FOR MODDERS!! LONG LIVE FREE PATCHES!!

I am totally ok for paying for, say, the kingdom of Elswhyr... I would shell out $20 or so just for the land mass, extra caves, Khajit and skooma everywhere, and maybe 2-3 factions with quests to do...

THAT is a patch worth money!! Not some random tower that a modder did for FREE that we can ALL download...

My 2 cents...

Cadaver
The Klise
According to the strategy guide, this particular dungeon really had no quest or purpose. It was supposed to be more of an 'easter egg' sort of deal, presenting a story of what happened to the people there, why they died, and the explanation for all the roots and plants growing through everything there, etc.

If anyone wants to know the story, I could flip out my guide and post some of the passages here. *shrugs* Just tryin' to help.
softwhisper
since this is the cheats and hints section, can someone tell me where this cave is? even if it's disappointing i'd like to check it out. also, speaking of caves, how did you like the cave near bravil that was all flooded and had a community of hostile argonians?
Elendil
QUOTE(softwhisper @ May 24 2006, 05:33 AM)
since this is the cheats and hints section, can someone tell me where this cave is? 

Can't remember exactly, somewhere outside of Imperial City I think. huh.gif I'll check when I get home from work.
Olav
QUOTE(softwhisper @ May 24 2006, 05:33 AM)
since this is the cheats and hints section, can someone tell me where this cave is?  even if it's disappointing i'd like to check it out.  also, speaking of caves, how did you like the cave near bravil that was all flooded and had a community of hostile argonians?

Liek mentioned above it was close to the Imperial City, along the ring road somewhere. I think it was south-west of the city, but I'm not sure.

And that cave with Argonians was a bit interesting. I was there in my exploration suit (95% chameleon), so I didn't do any fighting, but I must admit I smiled of that Argonian hiding under water. Don't think I explored it all though, as I was looking for something else at the time.
Cadaver
Hey Olav...

That rocks, what you call your "exploration suit." Thats a great way to look at it/ use it...

Chameleon can really break the game, just like in MW...

Cadaver
Olav
Hehe yeah, I must admit that when I discovered that you could use chameleon enchanted items to become completely invisible even when fighting the game got a bit boring (I know I could stop using it, but I got addicted...).

Anyway the 95% makes it a bit more interesting, as you'll sometimes get detected... tongue.gif The Ring of Khajiit and two items enchanted with sigil stones give 95%.
bloodyfish
Where is the ring?
Olav
QUOTE(bloodyfish @ May 30 2006, 09:58 PM)
Where is the ring?

Spoiler below...

It's the reward for one of the Daedric shrine quests. Map and walkthrough.
Furious George
I found a hint to help you get into 'unreachable' places for us 360ers.....
So there does seem to be a use for those useless brushes.... now if only I could find a use for things like the pickax.

Paint brushes will float in the place where you drop them. If you collect enough, you will be able to jump on them and use them to scale walls, towers and reach high places. Note that this trick can be used to "Escape from" or "Get into" places you're not supposed to, much like the "Escape from/Get into" section below. With enough paint brushes and enough patience, you can presumably escape from or get into any place where there's open sky above you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.