Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ~The Little Coffee-Shop~
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Epy
Hullo, people!

The doors are open again, and the first rounds are on the house.

The door sign says:
QUOTE(minque @ Apr 30 2005, 01:22 AM)
This is meant to be a place where you can talk about anything without having to stay on topic. Feel free to ask questions, to talk about the things in your life you like to share with your fellow-members. Or just step inside for a while, have a coffe and a good chat!
You may feel free to post whatever you like as long as it is within the rules of the forum.
But if the conversation degrades to spam, you will be treated as though you are spamming anywhere else on the forum. This is a thread where you can relax and talk about personal things, but it is not to be used as an excuse to make pointless posts.
Please help to keep this alive and well and a place where we can meet and share.
Enjoy your stay here!!! wink.gif  biggrin.gif

Before digging into the cookie-barrels, though... Behold - and behold ye well - the slightly more elaborate rules addendum.
QUOTE(Alexander @ May 29 2005, 11:47 AM)
We had intended the coffee shop to be a nice place where people could talk about their daily activities and such, kinda like the Lurkers Lair on the Official Forums.
It didn't quite turn out that way though, people have been taking advantage of their freedoms in here, there has been a lot of spamming and even some flaming. We will not tolerate that any longer.
So unfortunately we've had to decide to increase the rules for this thread. Of course the normal forum rules still apply, but we'll elaborate here.:
1. No spamming.
We consider double posting and posting posts with only a few words to be spam. If you do that your post will be deleter or moved, do it too often and you might receive a warning for it.
We also consider chit-chat spam. This forum has a special chat channel for chatting, you're welcome to go there, and chat with other members or with the staff as we're always there, doing it in here is not allowed.
The address to that chatroom is:
W4O chat
And for assistence to use a chat like this, I recommend looking over this thread:
http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=248
Or contacting one of the Administrators.
2. No discussion of accounts or warnings.
There shall be no more discussion about members, about accounts, about how many warnings you've gotten or anything like that.
3. No trolling.
No posting of random nonsense, no posting of irrelevant things, no posting the same thing over and over just to get it noticed, no swearing or flaming.
4. No religion or politics.
No discussion about religion or politics is to be had in these threads. If you want to discuss religion or politics, please do make another thread, or if another such thread already exists, please post in it.
If you have a question about the rules of the forums, feel free to ask it to either a Global Moderator or an Administrator.
If you're unsure if something is fit to post here, it might be. Again best to ask a Global Moderator or Administrator.
If you're wondering how we think a Lair or the Coffee Shop should look like, what we do allow, then I recommend taking a look at the Lurkers Lair at the Official Forums.

1234king
ahhh good to be back in my favorite coffee shop, with my favorite company smile.gif

"grabs cake and coffee while waiting for other people to stop by"
Ibis
Joins 1234king at scoffing down cake and coffee .... thinking, "I hope people show up soon to talk 'cause I am getting quite a sugar/caffeine buzz going on here".

biggrin.gif
stargelman
Mmmm.... cake for breakfast! Anyone else really love cake for breakfast?

I remember a vacation in Greece - Crete to be precise - that me and my family went on when I was very young (I think I must have been between 3 and 6). It was the easter holidays, and to celebrate this very important holiday, the tv was on all day shoing the patriarch of the greek-orthodox church leading the ceremony with a lot of chanting and such, and they offered cake and orange juice for breakfast, in addition to all the normal things you'd expect. It was a new concept to me and I liked it! Mmmm, cake! I just woke up and I could really go for some cafe au lait and cake right now!
HyPN0
QUOTE(milanius @ May 6 2006, 01:02 AM)
Ouch, my good man, let us not go to that bloody, sad place again... People should not be judged for their race, nation or religion - only by their actions. That is why I don't hate people because of all these things... I hate them if they act like a**holes and deserve to be hated (like good ol' Sloba, God stomp his soul).

I just wanted to menation i was not refering to Croatians or Bosnians.I'm half-Croatian myself and i would never say something like that.
I was refering to southern tribes we were in war 6-7 years ago.
Now if i have to judge them by their actions on Kosovo......well,my comment still stands.

I know that my post breaks rule 4 but i REALLY had to say this....
Anyway as i said i really don't like talking about it.
Just wanted to clear things up.

HyPN0
QUOTE(1234king @ May 6 2006, 05:10 AM)
ahhh good to be back in my favorite coffee shop, with my favorite company smile.gif

"grabs cake and coffee while waiting for other people to stop by"

*joins him in waiting*
Ahhh,good ol' coffee shop!
QUOTE(Ibis @ May 6 2006, 08:33 AM)
Joins 1234king at scoffing down cake and coffee .... thinking, "I hope people show up soon to talk 'cause I am getting quite a sugar/caffeine buzz going on here".

EEEk Coffee with sugar! wacko.gif
QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 09:12 AM)

I do!
But not strong cake.Not too sweet.
Something light like a fruit cake.

Anyway since this is a coffee-shop.....How do you like your coffee?With sugar?Cream?Something else?
Myself i like a strong black coffee,with no sugar,cream or whatever.
Ugh,those things just strip away the aroma.
stargelman
QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 09:19 AM)
Anyway since this is a coffee-shop.....How do you like your coffee?With sugar?Cream?Something else?

I can understand your aversion to sugaring your coffee. I do like my coffee with cream though. I'll drink it black if I must, though. My favorite type of caffeinated beverage is of cause cafe au lait and a good latte macchiato.
Ibis
Moved here from "Introduce yourself" -- stargelman

Good luck on your pharmacy exams, Foster. You sound like a very interesting and well-rounded person. You'd probably get along famously with my sister out in Berkeley, Calif. who is a world traveler as well.
She travels quite often to Europe, sometimes with her company, sometimes on vacation. Her very favorite country is Italy though. She and her friend from San Francisco visit and stay with her friend's grandparents in Northern Italy ... so she feels very at home there and speaks fluent Italian.
Ibis
When I said sugar/caffeine rush ... I meant cake/coffee high. But I must admit that my favorite kind of coffee is cappucino ... which I'm sure has sugar in it somewhere. biggrin.gif
Foster
Thanks, though to be honest I don't really care if I pass or fail too much. Five years has kind of just sucked all will to live out of me, and I'm only sitting them because everyone else whinges at me if I don't. There's very little you can do with a Masters in Pharmacy other than be a Pharmacist, in practical terms.

And I'm really not a well-rounded person, though its nice of you to say. I'm pretty much an boatmaster. Certainly I'm the only pharmacy student that I've ever known with a green mohawk and a habit of referring to the governing body as an evil coven of witches. Still, in one month and a few days, it'll all be over. Kind of like a really strange lucid dream.

Oh, and I don't really know what to make of Italy. I've only been to Rome, but it's a very strange place. Everything is so fast and passionate, yet so much seems uncared for and unloved. Rome itself is a horrible mess of dilapidated housing and mad driving, but through all that as you walk around you realise that it's more. Every time you turn the corner you discover some relic that time has forgotten, an incredible masterpiece of Bernini, a piaza surrounded by magnificent churches, a 2000 year old building roaring with majestic power. It's a real Indiana Jones type city - treasures waiting to be discovered in what initially appears to be just a backward, almost provincial, city that needs a little attention and love.

I think my favorite country is probably Austria.
Fuzzy Knight
Wish you good luck with you're exams Foster wink.gif

It's pretty much morning for me now at 12:18... Waiting for my fresh baguette to cool down a little bit. Great weather and very warm here in Norway today, around 21 degrees due to the warm weather in Serbia was it?

So today I'm going to fix my bike and all that, clean it, oil it and all that stuff. Play some football with friends hopefully, pluss that I'm going to take some pic's of my fathers newly bought Harley cool.gif

Well I'm gonna make myself a sandwich now biggrin.gif
minque

QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 08:12 AM)

Oh aye! Mmmm the morning after a b-day party, you take out watīs left of the cake, and enjoy it together with a cup of coffee! Yummy

QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 09:19 AM)

.....How do you like your coffee?With sugar?Cream?Something else?

Coffee should be strong and hot and with a dash of milk, nothing else, except some good old whisky when itīs suitable of course!! Oh black coffee is ok also

QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 09:27 AM)
I can understand your aversion to sugaring your coffee. I do like my coffee with cream though. I'll drink it black if I must, though. My favorite type of caffeinated beverage is of cause cafe au lait and a good latte macchiato.

That macchiato thingy loka awfully tasty, whatīs in it?

QUOTE(Ibis @ May 6 2006, 09:40 AM)
When I said sugar/caffeine rush ... I meant cake/coffee high. But I must admit that my favorite kind of coffee is cappucino ... which I'm sure has sugar in it somewhere. biggrin.gif

Ahem capuccino could be served without sugar , at work in our coffee-machines this possibility exists
DoomedOne
Everyone, listen up, this is last two minutes online for a long time, I'm moving and I won't have internet connection again until the 15th.
stargelman
QUOTE(minque @ May 6 2006, 04:22 PM)
That macchiato thingy loka awfully tasty, whatīs in it?

Quoting Wikipedia:

"A latte macchiato is a latte (espresso with steamed milk topped with foam), but instead of having the espresso shots on the bottom, pouring the espresso on top of the foam. These shots should also be ristretto shots, which are shots taken out about halfway through the duration of the pull. You are left with half a shot, containing the crema and some of the body. This shot is considered sweeter because it does not contain the "heart"."

QUOTE(DoomedOne)
Everyone, listen up, this is last two minutes online for a long time, I'm moving and I won't have internet connection again until the 15th.

Good luck with the move and have a nice home-warming thingy!
HyPN0
QUOTE(DoomedOne @ May 6 2006, 06:07 PM)

OK
We will miss you! biggrin.gif
minque
QUOTE(DoomedOne @ May 6 2006, 05:07 PM)

Ahh well good luck Doomey! And hope to see you soon after the 15th! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 05:08 PM)
Quoting Wikipedia:

"A latte macchiato is a latte (espresso with steamed milk topped with foam), but instead of having the espresso shots on the bottom, pouring the espresso on top of the foam. These shots should also be ristretto shots, which are shots taken out about halfway through the duration of the pull. You are left with half a shot, containing the crema and some of the body. This shot is considered sweeter because it does not contain the "heart"."

Yummy......sounds good, letīs have one shall we? I really enjoy different coffe-drinks, but this one Iīve not had yet...
Mazelure
Do you know how I like my coffee? Just get a cup and add sugar and then pour in the coffee and then dump all of it on the sink and then fill up the cup with cold milk and I'll drink it with Brownies...mmmmm...Brownies... or cake... I fancy both
Foster
I know this is coming out of the blue totally, but seeing as how you can ask questions here I thought I would, rather than start a thread to ask a question. One of the first things I learnt on the forums is never to ask for help because you just get told to shut up. Anyway, you know the role-playing forum? Is that solely for Oblivion/Elder Scrolls stuff? Because I know about an RPG that might starting over pbem that has absolutely nothing to do with the Elder scrolls, and wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning it or not.

I seriously don't see what people see in Coffee, though. Can't stand the stuff, it's like black poison. A nice cup of tea with a squirt of cow juice though, that goes down a right treat.
HyPN0
QUOTE(Foster @ May 6 2006, 06:42 PM)
I know this is coming out of the blue totally, but seeing as how you can ask questions here I thought I would, rather than start a thread to ask a question. One of the first things I learnt on the forums is never to ask for help because you just get told to shut up.

Official TES forum?
QUOTE(Foster @ May 6 2006, 06:42 PM)
I seriously don't see what people see in Coffee, though. Can't stand the stuff, it's like black poison. A nice cup of tea with a squirt of cow juice though, that goes down a right treat.

Well,a lot of people can't understand how can you drink a tea with milk! blink.gif
I know that's quite common in England,but not much everywhere else laugh.gif

Coffee has a certain aroma......A good aroma.Maybe you just didn't have a GOOD cup of coffee biggrin.gif
stargelman
QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 05:58 PM)
Official TES forum?

Well,a lot of people can't understand how can you drink a tea with milk! blink.gif

Actually, that would depend on the type of tea. Some types go really very well with milk: assam for instance. It's a strong, "bland" aroma that can use a strong partner like milk.

It would be sacrilege to taint the subtle aroma of a fine Darjeeling with anything, though.
Coffee has a certain aroma......A good aroma.Maybe you just didn't have a GOOD cup of coffee biggrin.gif

It is kind of bitter though. You stop noticing it after a short while, but not everyone is fond of that. Also, a lot of people really like the smell but not the taste. I used to be one of them! I only got into drinking coffee when I was doing civil service, and mainly because I had to cook so much of it and never had a way of knowing if it was any good biggrin.gif
Fuzzy Knight
Can we stop talking within this subject of tea, coffee and such - I know this is the Coffee Shop but I have no knowledge about such things laugh.gif I'll go and steal a beer from the fridge so we can talk about something else...
HyPN0
QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ May 6 2006, 07:06 PM)
I'll go and steal a beer from the fridge so we can talk about something else...

You said it yourself! tongue.gif
Beer is our new subject then! laugh.gif LOL

So everybody:
What's your favorite beer?

Mine's Heineken,or posibly some weaker type like Tuborg.
Depends on the mood really.

stargelman
Staropramen - the beer from the inventors of the Pils.

First drank it in Prague when I was around 16. Great stuff.
HyPN0
Hey check this out!

stargelman - Staropramen

Was that an inspiration for your nickname? laugh.gif

minque
QUOTE(Foster @ May 6 2006, 05:42 PM)
I know this is coming out of the blue totally, but seeing as how you can ask questions here I thought I would, rather than start a thread to ask a question. One of the first things I learnt on the forums is never to ask for help because you just get told to shut up. Anyway, you know the role-playing forum? Is that solely for Oblivion/Elder Scrolls stuff? Because I know about an RPG that might starting over pbem that has absolutely nothing to do with the Elder scrolls, and wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning it or not.

Ahh but here you can ask without being put off!
Regarding non-TES-related rp....well we did one but itīs not active anymore. But it would be interesting to hear what you were thinking of...you might want to pm me about it!
QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 05:58 PM)
Official TES forum?

Tea with milk? hm my dad drinks tea that way...I donīt particularly fancy tea with milk..... laugh.gif
QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 06:04 PM)
Actually, that would depend on the type of tea. Some types go really very well with milk: assam for instance. It's a strong, "bland" aroma that can use a strong partner like milk.

It would be sacrilege to taint the subtle aroma of a fine Darjeeling with anything, though.

It is kind of bitter though. You stop noticing it after a short while, but not everyone is fond of that. Also, a lot of people really like the smell but not the taste. I used to be one of them! I only got into drinking coffee when I was doing civil service, and mainly because I had to cook so much of it and never had a way of knowing if it was any good biggrin.gif

The wonderful bitterness of coffee......ahhhhh
1234king
QUOTE(Ibis @ May 6 2006, 01:40 AM)

my favorite type of coffee is juss plain coffee with some cream. but my favorite of caffinated beverages is a caramel cappucino, or an iced cappucino that you get at tim hortons.
1234king
oh sorry didn't know we changed the subject to beer. i've gone to some party's and knocked some back with my friends. i can't steal any from the fridge though becuz my parents don't drink. my favorite type of beer is kokanee.
Foster
I'm teetotal, haven't had a drink for just over a year. Before that though I was all about the real ales - Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale and Timothy Taylor's 'Landlord' being particular favorites. Most certainly a bitter drinker, I was.
Olav
Ah, new fresh coffee-shop? smile.gif Black coffee person myself, but always have a latte macchiato after lunch at work. No milk or sugar in normal black coffee! And only sugar in tea... smile.gif

Relaxing with a cool Guinness now, by the way. My favorite 'beverage with carousel-taste'... biggrin.gif
stargelman
QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 6 2006, 06:24 PM)
Hey check this out!

stargelman - Staropramen

Was that an inspiration for your nickname? laugh.gif

Ugh!

Staropramen - Opra? ohmy.gif
HyPN0
QUOTE(stargelman @ May 6 2006, 10:26 PM)
Staropramen - Opraohmy.gif

ROFLCOPTER
Your reaction gave me quite a laugh!

I belive her name is 'Oprah'' with an ''h'' though tongue.gif
Ibis
Cain & I no longer imbibe in alcohol ... but when we did drink beer, back in the band days, our favorite beer was Killian's Red.

I also forgot to say goodbye to Doomed_One. I hope I'm not too late, probably am ... but we shall miss you Doom until your return.
Channler
There was a time, a time when wars were won with courage and honor, when lives were not lost… but given, given knowing there was a destiny greater then their own, when families mourned with silent pride. At a time when mankind was at its worst, we truly saw men at their best. The time has come again… The drums of war beat strong. May all good men come to arms and fight for all the dreams not yet dreamed and the lives not yet lived.

Did anyone famous say this? I found this on a video someone made for BF2 and I couldn't find anything on google.

So whats up peeps? I finished my SATs today.. 5 hours of testing just to see if my 11 years of school actually ment anything.. And I still have to take my course finals like in two weeks.. BUT THEN THE SUMMER!! W00T! HERE I COME BEACH!
treydog
Good luck on the SAT and the finals, Channler- I am sure you will do well.

Beer- used to love dark beers myself- Heineken dark, Lowenbrau dark, Guiness. Also cream ale. Now I don't drink any alcohol. Makes life better for Mrs. Treydog- and I don't need it...

Been fighting off my second nasty cold of the spring- I thought they were supposed to taper off as we get older....

Take care, all. Mrs. Treydog will be making brownies and raisin bread (I am outa the kitchen until I get well.)
Ibis
Well, since we are chatting in the coffee shop and have said farewell to the Doomed One for a short period of time ... it made me think about Intestinal Chaos and wondering how he and his friends are doing camping out until they can move into their apartment.

I hope all is going well for them. The world can be such a harsh place at times. We who sit in our warm, lit-up little homes huddled to the warmth of our monitor screens don't really think about how lucky we have it, not only to have a home but to be internationally connected on the internet. So tied in.

It's a very different world when you are looking up at the moon without owning a place of your own and you look longingly at the bright windows of the people in the houses and think about what you'd do if you get to be so lucky again. When we lived in our station wagon, I longed for a porch light to turn on every sunset. I finally got a very nice one and now another.

So it shall be for Stomach Ache, I hope. I think he will have to go through this hard time and then will really appreciate what he achieves by his own hand - not handed to him by parents. Never let any of us take for granted the blessings we have. smile.gif
1234king
i tottaly agree wtih you. that's why i always give money to homeless people when i walk by them. but anyways, where have i been, where is doomed one. and good luck on your finals, and im sure you did superb on your SAT's.
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
Rainer once saw a Street Musician in Banff. (Toursit town in the Provinvce Rainer lives in)

He couldn't think of anything else to do with his money, so he gave him Ten dollars.

Oh, and Rainer will aslo take one of the cakes biggrin.gif
1234king
QUOTE(Khajiit Overlord Rainer @ May 6 2006, 09:01 PM)
Rainer once saw a Street Musician in Banff. (Toursit town in the Provinvce Rainer lives in)

He couldn't think of anything else to do with his money, so he gave him Ten dollars.

Oh, and Rainer will aslo take one of the cakes biggrin.gif

is the province that rainer lives in Alberta, i used to live in banff myself. I'm in B.C rainer, we are practically neighbors.
Ibis
Cool that you guys are neighbors & I will take another peice of cake too, please.

Even cooler that you give money to homeless people, that is very kind. I know many people look down on them - but those same people may not realize that the losing of their job, some snag why unemployment will be delayed to them, the landlord demands immediate payment & oops, they themselves could slide out onto the street. It happens.

I thank both 1234king & Khajiit Overlord Rainer that you are so kind to others less fortunate.

biggrin.gif
Kayla
Ah. I just got back from Prom. happy.gif It was very special because it was my boyfriend's senior prom. It was really nice and romantic too.

Right in the middle of the dance, a guy proposed to his girlfriend... I've never seen anyone propose to anyone else and it was really cool... Though, I don't think they should be getting married right out of highschool. kvright.gif

We went to an afterparty at a friend's house and played Dance Dance Revolution. biggrin.gif I'm really bad at that game. wacko.gif Especially in high heels.
Ibis
It sounds like a lovely evening Kayla and a memorable one that you and your boyfriend can remember for years to come. Make the very, very most of your summer together before he goes to college. Fill it with tenderly memorable moments as well.
Ah to be young again!
Ibis
Pisces
Ah yes the joys of youth, not having to worry about the fact that I won't get out of university for 10 years and $35'000 if I can't make up my mind on which subject to take and stick to it.

My favourite beer is Hoegaarden or Brew moon (a organic NZ beer)
Khajiit Overlord Rainer
QUOTE(Ibis @ May 6 2006, 11:28 PM)
Cool that you guys are neighbors & I will take another peice of cake too, please.

Even cooler that you give money to homeless people, that is very kind. I know many people look down on them - but those same people may not realize that the losing of their job, some snag why unemployment will be delayed to them, the landlord demands immediate payment & oops, they themselves could slide out onto the street. It happens.

I thank both 1234king & Khajiit Overlord Rainer that you are so kind to others less fortunate.

biggrin.gif

If Rainer had a machine that put out 1 million a month, Rainer would gladly share it with those less fortunate.

He just thinks that way.

Oh, and Rainer lives in Alberta, Red Deer to be precise.
Foster
I don't give money to beggars, because I don't believe that, just because circumstance has given them that position, they should have an automatic right to expect money from everyone else. I've had them yell abuse at me and then ask for 20p, or claim to be diabetic and need to go to the hospital...all kinds of pathetic lies. Personally I have more respect for someone who actually works and gets themselves out of that situation, rather than succumbing to just sitting on their scabby backsides, bugging the hell out of passers by and saying things like "look into your heart..." in a mournful tone, as though the fact that I've worked my british boat off to afford a burger is justification for me to give it to them for free.

There is always SOMETHING that can be done. Even if it's street entertainment. I'd rather give my money to a talentless busker than a beggar that just seems to think he has some god-given right to be supported by everyone else. And it annoys the hell out of me that charity workers automatically assume that you're loaded just because you try and look presentable and can scrape enough to get by. I once was walking through LAX and one said "Fine, go and enjoy your burger." I ripped into that one like no tomorrow. I showed her exactly how much I had in my wallet, and exactly what I'd been through in the last 24 hours, and I rammed her rhetoric down her throat until she burst out crying and left. That made me feel very good. The ironic thing is that, with student loans, I am in infinitely more finanical trouble (the kind of debt that you can stick 4 zeros after) than any of these lazy beggars, but you don't see me parading myself and expecting anything for free.
Red
I don't give money to the homeless, I give them food. When I have some time and I see a mentally fit homeless person in need of food, I buy them a sub or make them a sandwich, give them a blanket, maybe a cheap carrying case and the location of the new homeless shelter. I find it more reasonable because it helps you stay away from giving money to drug abusers and alchoholics, and you don't have to fear giving money to a pan handling thief (one who pretends to be homeless).
HyPN0
QUOTE(Foster @ May 7 2006, 03:05 PM)
I've had them yell abuse at me and then ask for 20p, or claim to be diabetic and need to go to the hospital...all kinds of pathetic lies. Personally I have more respect for someone who actually works and gets themselves out of that situation, rather than succumbing to just sitting on their scabby backsides, bugging the hell out of passers by and saying things like "look into your heart..." in a mournful tone, as though the fact that I've worked my british boat off to afford a burger is justification for me to give it to them for free.

I agree. British boat,eh? laugh.gif
It's a censored word here. tongue.gif
There is always SOMETHING that can be done. Even if it's street entertainment. I'd rather give my money to a talentless busker than a beggar that just seems to think he has some god-given right to be supported by everyone else.

But what if it's a war veteran,without arms or legs?They can't do anything.Or if they have some kind of a disease that prevents them from working?
But i agree that i won't give my money to a perfectly healthy adult male or a female.No sir!
And it annoys the hell out of me that charity workers automatically assume that you're loaded just because you try and look presentable and can scrape enough to get by. I once was walking through LAX and one said "Fine, go and enjoy your burger." I ripped into that one like no tomorrow. I showed her exactly how much I had in my wallet, and exactly what I'd been through in the last 24 hours, and I rammed her rhetoric down her throat until she burst out crying and left. That made me feel very good.

Oh,c'mon that's evil!
Just say: I don't have any money to give you.Period.No need to get rude,even if the person who's asking for money is rude.
The ironic thing is that, with student loans, I am in infinitely more finanical trouble (the kind of debt that you can stick 4 zeros after) than any of these lazy beggars, but you don't see me parading myself and expecting anything for free.

And it's good to rely only to yourself.
But when you start working ,you will get your debts of somehow.
You have a source of income,but those people don't,so it's not really a fair compare wink.gif
However as i said if the homeless person has a chance of geting an income,that's another story.
QUOTE(Red @ May 7 2006, 03:26 PM)
I don't give money to the homeless, I give them food. When I have some time and I see a mentally fit homeless person in need of food, I buy them a sub or make them a sandwich, give them a blanket, maybe a cheap carrying case and the location of the new homeless shelter.

Well,what if the person is perfectly fit to work?I wouldn't even consider giving anything if he\she is 2 times biger than me.If nothing else,physical work is (almost)always available.
QUOTE(Red @ May 7 2006, 03:26 PM)
I find it more reasonable because it helps you stay away from giving money to drug abusers and alchoholics, and you don't have to fear giving money to a pan handling thief (one who pretends to be homeless).

Pretend to be homeless? laugh.gif
To be perfectly honest,i didn't even know people do that. wacko.gif

Anyway,here in Nederland i don't give money to begars.
Nederland has one of the best social systems in the world.Social help is 800 Euros which is enough to get a small room,to eat and to always be dressed.A minimal thing for a human being,but it's here until you get the job.The only people that are beging are those who spend their money in casinos,are druged or drunk the whole day,don't want to spend thier time on education (Nederland gives a lot of options on this field).Such people simply don't deserve to be given any charity indifferent.gif
Mazelure
Hey I know this is way out of topic but I'm getting my 360 and Oblivion on June 23
Ohhh yeah.... by the way has anyone seen "Interview with a Vampire" yet... just wondering...
Foster
QUOTE(HyPN0 @ May 7 2006, 03:29 PM)

But what if it's a war veteran,without arms or legs?They can't do anything.Or if they have some kind of a disease that prevents them from working?
But i agree that i won't give my money to a perfectly healthy adult male or a female.No sir!

You see there is this wonderful thing called compensation, and also a fantastic thing known as a military pension, which all ex-servicemen in this country get. If they have a disease they get free treatment on the National Health Service, and if they can't work they get disability benefit. In fact, they get such a decent benefit that many people who could work don't and claim benefit to sponge off the government. I've known quite a few people that do it. They might seem poor, but it's funny how the people who don't work for a living are the only ones that can afford a widescreen plasma TV.

Currently I don't have a source of income, and I don't even have a job lined up. In fact, I don't even know if I want one. But you're not going to see me expecting money off people just because I'm too lazy to get to the job centre and do anything. There is no homeless person in the UK that has no way of either earning money, or getting some kind of help. Even if they are at the bottom of the rung, they can always sell "Big Issue".
HyPN0
QUOTE(Foster @ May 7 2006, 06:19 PM)
You see there is this wonderful thing called compensation, and also a fantastic thing known as a military pension, which all ex-servicemen in this country get. If they have a disease they get free treatment on the National Health Service, and if they can't work they get disability benefit. In fact, they get such a decent benefit that many people who could work don't and claim benefit to sponge off the government. I've known quite a few people that do it. They might seem poor, but it's funny how the people who don't work for a living are the only ones that can afford a widescreen plasma TV.

Yeah well,in my country there isn't such a wonderful thing kvright.gif
Instead,war weterans are rotting on the street.Actualy i'm not sure is there a specific center,but knowing my country's social policy there isn't,and if there is, it's pathetic.Very Sad indifferent.gif
QUOTE(Foster @ May 7 2006, 06:19 PM)
Currently I don't have a source of income, and I don't even have a job lined up. In fact, I don't even know if I want one.

This may be very dumb to ask,but how are you going to survive if you don't get a job? huh.gif And how do you think to pay the loan debt if you don't work?
Lottery isn't a safe solution,trust me laugh.gif
QUOTE(Mazelure @ May 7 2006, 05:27 PM)
Hey I know this is way out of topic but I'm getting my 360 and Oblivion on June 23
Ohhh yeah.... by the way has anyone seen "Interview with a Vampire" yet... just wondering...

That's great. smile.gif Oblivion on Xbox isn't the same as oblivion on PC but.....you'll hopefuly like it. biggrin.gif
Oh,I have seen that film.With Tom Cruise is it?
Strangely i have completly forgot it wacko.gif
Mazelure
Yeah Tom Cruise was in it playing the roll of a vampire called Lestat I think... but he was not the only big star in the movie... Brad Pitt played the roll of the main character. A vampire named Loui or something and Antonio Banderas played the roll of the eldest vampire on earth. There was also this little gril who played the roll of a vampire who was sphyco... if you read the books you would know that she would sit down on a bench at night and cry untill a unsuspecting elderly woman or anyone comes close to comfort her and then she will get them and they would be screwed... big time... and then she will keep they're corpses upon her bed... but at the end she gets killed horribly (well if you were a vampire) anyways you should see that movie again...I'm recenlty trying to hunt it down and buy it...but all my efferts have gone to vain... I cant find a single copy of it yet... it's so depressing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.