Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mixed breeding og TES
Chorrol.com > Mods > Oblivion Mods
Hukai The Wandering
if oblivion will have a CS and morrowind already has one, then will it be possible to exchange objects and such between the two? if so, what could we make with the hybrid CS?
Sinder Velvin
[quote=Hukai The Wandering]if oblivion will have a CS and morrowind already has one, then will it be possible to exchange objects and such between the two? if so, what could we make with the hybrid CS?[/quote]

Wrong subforum!
Hukai The Wandering
it is? oops! sorry! i thought this waqs the gen area! can you moved me please?
Sinder Velvin
[quote=Hukai The Wandering]it is? oops! sorry! i thought this waqs the gen area! can you moved me please?[/quote]

The general one was the wrong one. :eek:

I don't think you will be able to import and export stuff from the two editors. But it would be nice to be able to.
Hukai The Wandering
oh....okay..... :confused:

sad.gif

:paperbag2:
Sinder Velvin
[quote=Hukai The Wandering]oh....okay..... :confused:

sad.gif

:paperbag2:[/quote]

I think you could always use the LONG way.

Export Morrowind stuff to 3D Max, and then import it to Oblivion.

What do you say about that?
Hukai The Wandering
i dont have 3d max... it cost $3,000 us dollars (or so i hear) ! :verysad:
Sinder Velvin
[quote=Hukai The Wandering]i dont have 3d max... it cost $3,000 us dollars (or so i hear) ! :verysad:[/quote]

Can't you save enough money to get it? >:| :madman: :skullandbones:
Hukai The Wandering
no, i would know how to use it even if i did!
Elongar
If you're just doing it for a hobby, it would probably be best to download Blender3d and then wait for the NIFLA project to finish. It's an external exporter which lets you convert all types of file to .nif I believe. I haven't checked it recently.
Hukai The Wandering
................um,okay...... :ashamed:
Elongar
[quote=Hukai The Wandering]................um,okay...... :ashamed:[/quote]

Basically it means that Morrowind uses a file type that only 3DS can understand. This NIFLA will be able to change it to a file type that the free program Blender3d can understand and use.
Hukai The Wandering
ok smile.gif
Elongar
Well, hopefully at least. I need to check up on how they're doing. I don't even know if they're still doing it.
Aki
[quote=Sinder Velvin][quote=Hukai The Wandering]oh....okay..... :confused:

sad.gif

:paperbag2:[/quote]

I think you could always use the LONG way.

Export Morrowind stuff to 3D Max, and then import it to Oblivion.

What do you say about that?[/quote]

If TES 4 uses the same DDs. and .NIF files as Morrowind, why you need to do that?

tongue.gif
Ducis
I heard Oblivion isn't using nif anymore, but a newer version from the same devellopers. So nifla will be obsolete sad.gif
raistlin
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIII.....................................AGREE.i hope i made that really clear.
Smight
QUOTE(Ducis @ May 24 2005, 03:34 PM)
I heard Oblivion isn't using nif anymore, but a newer version from the same devellopers. So nifla will be obsolete sad.gif

I think the situation might be better than you think. The reason the morrowind exporter only worked on specific versions of max and wasn't available for other 3d programs was because bethesda upgraded their software twice during development and as a result had to do a bunch of custom editing of the format and the exporter making it completely unique and hard to duplicate on other 3d programs.

This time bethesda is using the official nif exporter I believe and they didn't upgrade their their software throughout the development process, so the possibility of them making a blender exporter for oblivion is very good.
The Wolf
We don't yet know enough about Oblivion to decide whether it would be possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.