Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: strange error a friend is having
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion cheats and hints
softwhisper
okay, so i was playing some CS:S and we start talking about oblivion. turns out this guy is having an error whenever he attempts to close a gate. he picks up the sigil stone, which is always has the same effect, the soul-trap enhancement to be specific. after he picks up the stone however, it doesn't teleport him outside of the gate, and the gate doesn't close. so he ends up having to walk his way out of the realm of oblivion and can't complete the main quest.
i've never run across this error before. does anyone know what he can do short of re-installing / starting the character over again? suggestions, tips?

ps- he's on PC.
Rane
Tell him that he could try writing CloseCurrentOblivionGate in the console after picking up the Sigil Stone.
softwhisper
will do. Thanks for the quick response! he'll be happy to get on with the game biggrin.gif
Olav
... and in case he/you didn't know, you open the console by pressing ` (top left key on English keyboards).

smile.gif
DarkHunter
I suppose there's quite a few 'console' commands...
Cadaver
Darkhunter,

Yes, hundreds... you can get several just by typing /help in the console... many many many more on many many many websites all over...

Cadaver
softwhisper
i knew about the console thing, as it's the same key you use to access it in other games i play a lot (HL, CSS, etc.)
for some reason the close gate command didn't work for him, and he tried other things as well. he ended up just creating another character and he isn't getting the error with that one. my guess is that the save file got super-corrupted somehow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.