Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh, ooh!
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Older Games
Fethenwen
I remember now of encountering some very strange daedric monsters, I'm not even sure if they very daedra or what. But there was these very scary spell casting monsters with tentacles, they looked a bit like elefants on two legs.

Does anyone have any lore about what these guys are?

blink.gif
jack cloudy
Eh? Was their name Dagoth something? If so, you're probably talking about one of Dagoth Ur's guys. I don't quite know what else fits the description. Well, Dreugh maybe, but I never saw them casting spells.

Check their corpse. If they've got a sixth house amulet, you're talking about a Dagoth.
DarkHunter
ummm... they were acended sleepers... those wimps... Dagoth Ur creations from Dumner/Corpus/Ash
ThePerson98
I think I know what you are talking about, these really fat ones that you could only find inside the ghostgate area..

Gaah I cant remember.
Fethenwen
Ascended sleepers, yes, I think that was it. Wierd things, and scary too.
I now remember that they usually dwell in those places where you can find the propylon chambers, and that they use poison quite often, which has had me killed a few times.

Dunmer - corprus - ash, lol, now how come they have tentacles? Another nice wierd detail of Morrowind, that just makes you wonder huh.gif
Alexander
QUOTE(Fethenwen @ Jun 5 2006, 10:01 AM)

now how come they have tentacles? Another nice wierd detail of Morrowind, that just makes you wonder  huh.gif

Mutations. Corprus mutates the body untill you come to look like that smile.gif
Fethenwen
Aah, yeah, that would explain it.
Rohugh
From The Imperial Library -
Ash Slaves are the lowest rank of Dagoth Ur's personal servants. They are covered in corprus and their faces appear to be covered in ash. They have limited magic abilities and can be very dangerous.

The next step in the evolutionary process of one of Ur's servants is the "Ash Zombie". During this faze the Ash Slaves face becomes brittle and falls off leaving a gaping hole. During this time the servant loses its magical ability but gains considerable strength.

Next comes the "Ash Ghoul". After a certain amount of time the corprus inside the Ash Zombie starts to grow a strange tentacle like appendage out of the hole in the zombies face. In this form they gain a consideral amount of magical ability and are also very strong fighters. Some of Dagoth Ur's closest compainions are Ash Ghouls.

The final step would seem to be the "Ascended Sleeper". The tentacle growths inside the ghouls head eventualy completely emerge and a new head is grown where the old one was.
Fethenwen
Aah, I see. That's interresting. Thanks for the info!
Legato
Also, in the Morrowind concept art there was a sidenote that the tentacles were in fact musical in nature. Something like a biological flute for spellcasting.
Fethenwen
That's interresting, nice detail.

Well, now when I've come across this, I came to think of these Strongholds, Dunmer or Ancient Chimer Strongholds which also holds the propylon chambers and most times also Ascended Sleepers.
I looked this upp in wikipedia, but there was not much about these Strongholds there. They've allways remained as a mystery for me. Why are they built, who are those guys who dwell there? Are they just daedra worshippers or what?
treydog
The strongholds date back to the Nord invasion. They were long abandoned and have since been taken over by bandits, Daedra worshippers, and followers of Dagoth Ur.
DarkHunter
They are ancient Dunmer strongholds used during the Nord War... They were made so the Dunmer could "move" across the island to where-ever the Nord attacked... Needless to say the Dunmer won.

Yes, they are Dunmer. A Mage's guild quest gets you to "Go to the Dunmer stronghold of ________ just north of it is Sulipund go there to convince (insert name) to join the guild."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.