Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Couple of Mod Ideas
Chorrol.com > Mods > Oblivion Mods
davebordon
I have a couple of ideas that should make Oblivion a little more interesting.

I don't know if these ideas have already been made into mods, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

First. The ability to write on the map.
That way the player can mark of the Forts, Shrines and stuff that have been done without having to travel there, then find out of you have already looted everything there.

Second. 10 fingers and only able to wear 2 rings?
You should be able to wear more than that. I have found some of the coolest rings (Like ring of perfection, Ring of Night-Eye, Ring of Life Detect) and I think it would be cool to be able to wear more of them.

Third. The ability to merge items together at enchanting altars. ie. Take a sword that does fire damage, combine it with a sword that does soul trap, and have a new sword made that will do fire damage and soul trap. You would obviously only be able to combine similar items (not a sword and shield, for example).
Either that, or when enchanting items, be able to add more than 1 soul gem to add more effects or power to a weapon or armour.

That's just a few ideas. Don't know if anyone would like them.
lev_the_devil
i agree with all three, and as far as the enchanting thing, i was surprised to find there was no skill attatched to enchanting, kind of annoyed me, cuase i think that'd be a cool perk for either expert or master, being able to enchant enchanted items. and at each perk the soul energy to effect power should go up so that a master enchanter can create massively powerful items, but as a drawback they'd still require lots of soul energy to power them. but it kind of dissapointed me that i could never ever, through enchanting create/duplicate half the items i found simply because they contained more than one spell on armor, or something like that.

i think the whole enchanting system could use a massive overhaul.

as for the other ideas, i whole heartedly agree
ThePerson98
I just want the gradual recharge back. Thats all I want.
Dirox
QUOTE(ThePerson98 @ Jun 6 2006, 01:33 AM)

same here..
Phsyron
multpiple rings on each hand would un-balance the game. other than that, i think these aare great ideas.

even though i agreee with the person and dirox. i don't care, just gimme my gradual recharge happy.gif
Dirox
Well a script could easily be slaped onto enchanted weapons with a simple formula, say multiply PC's willpower by somethin, divided by enchantment str or w/e. Only 1 problem i can think of, and that is the fact you can add enchantments yourself. Therfore i would think you would have to add a scripted effect to each "enchantment" in the editor, not the weapons. Or at least on the enchantment you want to return. This however is asuming there is a function that can detect how much charges an item has(i don't think there is one..) so.. i guess you would have to make the script add, and use an extremely weak soul gem every now and then (depending on the formula you choose).

What do you guys think? doable? i think so

~Dirox
Ibis
I liked the writing on the map idea too. It would be nice to mark important places to your character. I have played one mmorpg game, can't think of what one now, where you could write on the map as you went along - because my hubby always made a line to show me the way we'd be going. So I know it is possible to do that. Hey, remember the mod for Morrowind called "Chalk" where you could make marks on walls or the ground and they'd be there after you saved the game? We need Chalk for the map.
Dirox
2 things, Ibis the game your thinking of may be guild wars but im sure you would remember that name so its probably something else.

Secondly, hows this idea. you know the scraps or paper you find around? i think that you should be able to add Text to them, with an ink well and a pen. Im adding this because i think its similar to the map marker idea. You can imagin many ways this could be good. Feedback?

~Dirox
The_Listener
i agree with the writing on scraps of paper and things sort of like self notes and stuff.

also, i think that you should be able to make a living out of just knowing spells, so if you knew a spell, had an inkwell, had a pen, and had a piece of paper, you should be able to make a scrollof that exact spell and sell it, how do you think the mages guild makes its money, other than selling spells and alchemy
lev_the_devil
this is a bit tangent, but as far as making money of your abilities i've been thinking about that. there should be a thing so that if you have really high skills in certain fields you can directly use your skills to make money. for example, if you're an expert armorer, you should be able to go to various armories and weapons shops and offer to improve all the inventory up to 125% in exchange for cash. or like the listener said, make spell scrolls once you achieve either expert or mastery in any of the magic schools. or perhaps become a trainer yourself. depending on what the skill is, you go to a guild and ask if anyone needs training, and then you train them for the same amount that you'd pay to get training yourself.

about the only one you can make a living at is alchemy, cause a master made potion will go for a pretty penny if it's a useful one

i think a "make a living mod" could be a pretty cool idea.
Dirox
also, i think that you should be able to make a living out of just knowing spells, so if you knew a spell, had an inkwell, had a pen, and had a piece of paper, you should be able to make a scrollof that exact spell and sell it, how do you think the mages guild makes its money, other than selling spells and alchemy

I think they work for the government

i think a "make a living mod" could be a pretty cool idea.

I agree though it would just be a new way to make money, its already far too easy.

~Dirox
lev_the_devil
true, but if it was designed to where you had to have really high skills to make good money, and then also add in more things that money could be used to buy...like the way houses are...i mean, purchasing and furnishing a house can cost 30k, so if you had say a mod that let you construct a large keep and add various things to it, or you know whatever...stuff that'd cost money, then you'd have a balance against the easy money.

know what i'm saying? cause in any of these games you eventually reach a point where you aren't gonna need any better armor cause you're armed the way you want, and after that you buy a few houses and you've spent any money worth spending

there've virtually nothing you have to buy that you can't get easily some other way, by making it, finding it in loot, etc.

HOLYBOB
QUOTE(ThePerson98 @ Jun 6 2006, 06:33 AM)

yeah i think some of the changes in oblivion from morrowind kinda .... SUCK BUM!!!! sad.gif sad.gif nono.gif nono.gif sad.gif sad.gif

btw i only read the first 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.