Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weird glitch
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion cheats and hints
lev_the_devil
okay, so there's spoilers, though i'm sure everyone reading this has probably been through the main quest, but anyway...

after i finished finding all the allies for bruma and the great welkynd stone from miscarand, the little arrow to tell me where to go next showed up in the imperial city temple district, rather than cloud ruler temple. so i went there and jauffre and the grand chancellor ocato or whatever his name is are standing outside the temple of the one and jauffre tells me we need to get martin to the thing to light the dragonfires even though i haven't even recovered the amulet yet, and the chancellor just tells me that he serves martin. apparently something jumped forward a bit in the game and now martin is nowhere to be found. i'm gonna do some looking around for him, but i was wondering if anyone had seen anything like this before and if so, if they knew of a way to fix it.

thanks all, peace.

edit: i found martin. he's trying to light the dragonfires. he won't talk about anything else. this is just really weird. i've tried all sorts of stuff...hey, does anyone know how to make an unkillable npc killable? i tried editing the game in the CS, but i can't figure out how to make martin killable so that i can try to force him to respawn, HOPEFULLY, back at the temple.

any ideas would be appreciated.
hunter14
i have no clue but u should probly load your game and try again. maby u just have the wrong quest active or somthing. sorry i could not help.
TomTom
Spoilers so do not read further - just to be sure.

I am playing the main quest at the part which you are referring to Lev_the_devil. At least, I think. I am playing Oblivion on the PC btw.

To be short:
After you've picked up the great welkynd stone and deliverd it to Martin he asks you to get a great sigil stone.

The longer version:
I just got the great welkynd stone from miscarand. When I picked up the welkynd stone the questlog updated and the marker on the map also. The marker and questlog tell me to go to Cloud ruler temple.

Martin who was usually reading / studying books is now standing in full armor talking to Jauffre. I talked to him and he asked me to get the last artefact (the great sigil stone).

Maybe you are further in the main quest, that is unclear to me because you say Jauffre and Ocato are standing in the Temple District. This isn't the case in my game (yet). I am getting the last artefact (the great sigil stone) so that Martin can open a portal or something where I quess I should go through to get the amulet back.

I'll edit this post when I see my map marker also points to the temple district or when Jauffre or Ocata are there. Or when i've got more info.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.