Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Book mod
Chorrol.com > Mods > Oblivion Mods
Pisces
I am going to be making a book mod with a few short stories from my brother who is a writer with far too much spare time (like I said, he is a writer). Well my contribution apart from making it will be a couple of referance books, "A Mage's bestiary of Cyrodiil" which will be a description of all the generic creatures of Cyrodiil for a mage, meaning their approximate (you try asking a daedra how weak to shock he is) strengths and weaknesses to magic, what spell is required to command/calm them (if possible) and any other characteristics important to a mage. And the second is "An Alchemical survery of Cyrodiil" compiled by my very own ranger, no CS so I am only half way done but it is a whole bunch of fun collecting the data, it is basically a description of the plants common to each region of Cyrodiil then a description of each plant in Cyrodiil.

Most people won't care and would probably perfer me to put a guide on the internet, but if you are anything like me and carry around a mages guide charter to see where to buy spells then you will understand why I am making a mod.

I have all I need for the mage's guide because I just did that in the CS and now I have to convert it to make it look like I didn't wink.gif because I don't think percentages exist in Cyrodiil even if a mage worked tirelessly zapping creatures to be so accurate. Here is my notes for the alchemist's guide: (well some of them atleast)
Anvil:
Lady’s mantle
Fennel
Motherwort
Viper’s bugloss
Aloe Vera

County Anvil:
Goldenrod, particularly south of the golden road
Bergamot
St Jahn’s wort (scarcely populated everywhere)
Ginseng
Arrowroot plant, particularly along the golden road
Mandrake root can be found by those with sharp eyes

County Bravil:
Lavender
Mandrake
Nightshade
Arrowroot
Bergamot
North of Bravil:
Foxglove
Fly Amanita
Monkshood
Summer Bolete
Green stain cap

County Kvatch:
Goldenrod
Tigerlilly
Lilly of the Valley-rare

The Imperial Reserve
Steel Blue Entoloma
Tigerlilly
Clouded funnel cap
Viper’s bugloss
Monkshood
Fly Amanita
St Jahn’s wort

The Jerral Mountains:
Tinder polypore
Lavender
Milk Thistle
Motherwort
County Chorrol: (mountainous region only)
Wormwood and nothing else

Area surrounding Skingrad (not the county)
Peony
Flax
Strawberry bush-rare
Nightshade, scattered but there
Lady’s smock
Columbine
Cinnabar polypore-rare
Alkanet
Blackberry bush-rare

County Skingrad:
Flax
Viper’s bugloss
Motherwort
Columbine
Emetic Russela
Lady’s Smock
Nightshade-common
Domica redwort
Dragon’s tongue plant

Caverns:
Cairn bolete
Wisp stalks

Water regions:
Nirnroot (even grows in sand, underwater or 30 feet away)
Water hyacinth
Sacred lotus

County Leyawiin:
Lavender
Green stain cup-in large quantities
Arrowroot plant
Monkshood
Bergamot
Clouded funnel cap
Swampy region east of the yellow road:
Pitcher plant: pretty but of no use to an alchemist
Somnialius plant
Bog beacon
Stinkhorn

Leyawiin:
Aloe Vera
Lavender
Fly Amanita
Milk Thistle
Green stain shelf

Feel free to add or subtract, I may I have forgotten some stuff when listing them because it is not always easy to recognise the zone changes and I excluded things which are especially rare there but common elsewhere; and I think I missed some things from County Kvatch. I know the subtitles could be a bit confusing, but they means the area which is in both the normal title and the subtitle.
Ibis
Ibis's Oblivion Cookbook:

Coming up soon - Pisces Au CloudedFunnelCap shall be my featured dish. I am working out the ingredient portions right now :

but Cain is making me get off the forums. He is hungry for his fried *fish* dinner.

tahahaha!!!

Good idea btw, Pisces. Really, i like this mod idea. i would try to scour for natural flora and fauna for you but my computer sucks at Oblivion. However, I gotta say that I liked the originality of the ingredients in MW alot better. More fantasy oriented. But good luck ... oh and do watch out for, fishing birds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.