Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you steal without the guards catching you?
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
deemu
please tell me
Ibis
You have to have very high Stealth. So make an enchanted ring that is high in chameleon, sneak, alteration and security. Then you won't be so obvious to the guards.
Abu the Cat
I made this. It could help you, it has 100% chameleon. However, if you have 100% chameleon, I don't think you'll need to have a ring that is high in any skills. Hell, you could run by a bandit/marauder making all the noise possible, and they won't be able to see you.

P.S., I made the ring!
Intestinal Chaos
Or you know... you could just sneak..
Kiln
QUOTE(Intestinal Chaos @ Aug 20 2006, 09:47 PM) *

laugh.gif
1234king
QUOTE(Abu the Cat @ Aug 13 2006, 08:27 AM) *

I made this. It could help you, it has 100% chameleon. However, if you have 100% chameleon, I don't think you'll need to have a ring that is high in any skills. Hell, you could run by a bandit/marauder making all the noise possible, and they won't be able to see you.

P.S., I made the ring!

with the new AI couldnt an npc that walks into the grave yard just pick the ring up though
Abu the Cat
QUOTE(1234king @ Aug 22 2006, 04:34 PM) *

...with the new AI couldnt an npc that walks into the grave yard just pick the ring up though

No. Not unless they want to get away from a fight. I made it player owned.
deemu
thanks guys
Soulseeker3.0
QUOTE(Intestinal Chaos @ Aug 20 2006, 04:47 PM) *

laugh.gif sounds good to me. thats worked in the past.
Abu the Cat
QUOTE(Soulseeker3.0 @ Sep 4 2006, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Intestinal Chaos @ Aug 20 2006, 04:47 PM) *

laugh.gif sounds good to me. thats worked in the past.

If you're visible, people could see you, though. Plus invisibility sucks dog thermos, because it's too scared to hang around after you did something.
The Metal Mallet
And that makes chameleon the choice illusion spell for that instance, as it doesn't leave when an action is done. Just that it's difficult to have a nice chameleon spell...

Or maybe I'm just bad at finding them... Personally I don't use illusion all that often.
deemu
thanks for the help guys
The Vulture
Assassinate the guard then steal. smile.gif

if you can't do that (for some reason) chameleon rings work for me.
Bolzmania
Or you can just take the adoring fan to the old house in Cheydinhal. Or a house that no one can see you. and just simply pickpocket him. He'll just say "Take it, it's worthless to me anyway" and your skill will increase.
Oblivion-Bubble
Yeah, I think people who have maximum dispostition to you let you steal some of their items, but I'm not sure. *Goes and checks on Xbox 360*
Arcalin
Telekinesis for heavy things like corpse, armors or rocks (but why would you steal a 200 pounds rock...)
Colonel Mustard
Get a high sneak level, slip into a house/shop around 1am in the morning, make sure no-one can see you and take everything that isn't nailed down. Works like a charm!
Blackthorne
Could always steal from vacant houses. Like Applewatch
Syndelius Daerleth
have a good sneak and make sure none are around when you do steal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.