Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Memoirs of a Morag Tong Assassin: Vvardenfell
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Fiction > Writer sub forums > Black Hand
Pages: 1, 2
Black Hand
Deleted.
minque
Yesssss.......truly great! Ah how I like the conversations you describe! In a very clever and interesting way you describe his ways with the Redorans....A great night-read!
The Metal Mallet
So chapter four begins... and begins well! Very effective conversations about the cunning taking place and a very amusing duel. Hlaalu's aren't made for those types of things tongue.gif

Continue!
Black Hand
Deleted.
minque
As wonderful as ever! You really make the most of it Blackie, I so much enjoy to read your story, well written, a good pace and the personal additions to the storyline makes it a great read

Thank you for sharing it with us!
The Metal Mallet
Wow, there's always just so much good stuff to comment on in each of your updates that I can't figure out where to start!

We get a little action, a little intrigue, and wonderful, wonderful emotion. You can really feel the stress that Sethyas is going through.

Maybe all he needs is a nice, candle-lit bubble bath. tongue.gif
Lord Revan

Maybe all he needs is a nice, candle-lit bubble bath.

Yeah, and his girlfriend back laugh.gif laugh.gif wink.gif
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Rather cool use of a cameo Black Hand, both authors wrote wonderfully in this update.

But I have to say this might be the coolest line I've ever read:

”What I NEED is a hot bath and a cure common disease potion, but the names will suffice.”

That put a smile to my face and a chuckle as soon as I read it. Good stuff. Very inspirational.

I guess I'll forgive you for posting right after I update, ruining the chance at having my fic right at the top tongue.gif

PS- when you mean "all that Trey said was written by Trey" does that include the note? Just a curious question.
Black Hand
Deleted.
jack cloudy
Oh, what we don't do to save the planet. smile.gif I pity Sethyas for not having a James Bond view of things. He is making his life a living hell like this. (Though I think Bond's behaviour is disgusting so maybe it's just better like this.)

Woot! Trey cameo! Now the proof has been given. Nirn does excist in multiple dimensions. biggrin.gif
minque
Oh my gosh......what a wonderful surprise to see Trey in your story as well! That and the most interesting encounter with Fathasa Llethri. The promiscuous life of old Bolly surely inspires to some neat twists huh?

Wonderful work Blackie!
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Oooo the political intrigue is getting thick. Also Ranye seems to be a rather interesting character as well, she seems to be a saucy one tongue.gif

Keep up the excellent work, Black. You're consistant as always.
treydog
I wish I had more time to comment on the excellent writing on display- RL is a pain....

But to speak particularly to Black Hand's work- I was flattered to be asked for the cameo & glad to add my few words to this epic story. The cooperative spirit amongst our writers is one of the best parts of our community- if work and life ever let me up long enough to participate more fully, I will do so.

But, for now, know that I am following the stories and am impressed with the talent and imagination shown in them.
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
It's always great to read another Sethyas update. I liked the way Sethyas handled Venim and I especially enjoyed reading the conversation with Sarethi afterwards. That was written wonderfully.

But soon we're going to get back to action, which is always fun to read as well. Firstly, we'll see if anything embarassing or/and awkward will happen in Ebonhart. Hopefully Ilmeni hasn't decided to visit her father on the particular day Sethyas shows up.
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Oooo, did I notice a mention of Simion? Cool!

Another excellent update Black! The interaction with Sethyas and Rayne was both intriguing and amusing.

The conversation with Sethyas and Dren was also really good; I wasn't expecting that. I guess I was thinking he was going to be more fire and brimstone due to the estrangement between his daughter and Sethyas, but the way you did it worked effectively.

I await the next update.

Reading your updates always makes me want to go off and write an update of my own, but then I remember the ton of chemistry homework I have to do. Then I sigh and wish it was Saturday so I could write.
Black Hand
Deleted.
minque
Wonderful reading! Just came back from US and found these latest installments, which pleased me very much. You really makes the best with all those conversations between the charachters, itīs pure awesome! Mind you this gives me a lot of inspiration how to continue my story! No no, I wonīt steal anything...donīt worry, your story is outstanding.....and inspirational!

I just love it!
The Metal Mallet
Your dialogue is always so interesting to read, very well thought-out with some really nice lines.

Looking forward to seeing how Sethyas handles building a stronghold.
jack cloudy
Hmm, at least the father doesn't seem to oppose Sethyas getting involved with Ilmeni. Perhaps the good old geezer can have a little subtle conversation during diner? I am sure that Sethyas would appreciate it. smile.gif
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Nice update Black. Your way of developing the stronghold was nice and fresh, and suits Sethyas' character to a Tee. Wonderful stuff.

I look forward to the next portion of this fic.
mplantinga
I just started reading this story a couple days ago, and it has taken me a while to get caught up. I doubt that any comment I could make here could sum up all my thoughts about the story so far. I've really enjoyed watching your character develop, especially the subtler points of trying to combine being an assassin with the honor of Redoran nobility. I find your approach to story telling quite wonderful, and I'm looking forward to trying to keep up with new installments as they come.

On a side note, the story has made me very nostalgic for Morrowind. Maybe I'll have to play again sometime.
jack cloudy
Yup, not your average noble, is he? I so like Sethyas. His opinion of things keep it interesting.
minque
Ah very nice! The house-building-thingy was awesome! So typical Sethyas! I really love this guy.....Iīm seriously thinking it would be nice for Serene to meet him........
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Very entertaining exposition in this update Black. Politics, politics, politics. I really get a feel for the characters in updates like this, because it isn't about action, it's about interaction. And the interaction is good I tell ya, damn good!
jack cloudy
Politics and charity. Yeah, charity is awkward in Oblivion. I once sold about ten unlocking scrolls for 40 septims. I was feeling generous. Maybe next time I should pay someone to take my stuff. smile.gif

I wonder how the noble is going to take it? Nobles seem to be rarely used to getting a no, from someone who is lower on the social ladder than they are.
minque
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 19 2006, 06:11 AM) *

Very entertaining exposition in this update Black. Politics, politics, politics. I really get a feel for the characters in updates like this, because it isn't about action, it's about interaction. And the interaction is good I tell ya, damn good!

Yesss yess.....exactly my opinion as well! oh my.....this was an entertaining part, and I canīt wait to learn more!
mplantinga
It was very refreshing to see a noble acting, well, noble. The more I read about this character, the more I admire him. I can't wait to see what happens next.
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
You can certainly feel the sense of urgency in the frantic pace you're setting up, Black. Nice stuff, though I wonder if Venim has any cards up his sleeves yet...
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Its been a hell of a day.

That almost sounds like an understatement for our busy hero.

The next mission is very involved as well, I remember I was stuck doing it the "dirty way" because I had released the slaves before this quest was initiated, and of course, the walkthrough book uses the wrong name for Helvi tongue.gif

Continue whenever you have the chance, it's looking like you're getting into one of your update sprees again!
mplantinga
Thanks for a couple great updates. Sethyas' unique style continues to be quite intriguing.

I do have one question: Tel Naga is the home of Neloth, not Gothren (in the game, anyway). Was this a purposeful plot change?
minque
You really get the various events together with great skill, all fit together in a wonderful pace! My gosh I must reinstall MW now...Iīm so yearning to play again!

Inspirational my dear....inspirational!

I liked your description of the Sarethi family-life!
jack cloudy
Man, how come he can never get a calm, peaceful day? He does nothing but run around 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. He must have serious stamina by now. biggrin.gif
Black Hand
Deleted.
minque
QUOTE(Black Hand @ Oct 26 2006, 04:38 AM) *

Expect an update in the next few days.

You better keep that promise!!! canīt wait you see.... tongue.gif
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Wow, the emotions conveyed at the beginning of this update are spectacular! I was completely enthralled by Sethyas account of mourning his sister's death and his reasoning for the duty he must hold to. Utterly fantastic!

Now we'll get to see how Sethyas figures out a way to close down the mines. Judging by his character, I have an idea of which way he'll resort to. I'm sure it'll be interesting to see how he discovers it though.
Black Hand
Deleted.
The Metal Mallet
Hehe, that's why I didn't mention which direction I think he'll take tongue.gif
mplantinga
I really enjoyed how you dealt with the Imperial about the mine. It is installments like this that make me lament the limited dialog options inherent to any computer game.
jack cloudy
Oh, blackmailing. I really enjoy Sethyas' diplomatic actions. Yeah, it's such a shame that Morrowind doesn't allow it too much.

The only example I can remember right now is that Hlaalu mission where you go seal an egg mine. I blackmailed the mine's owner into giving me money yet I still killed the queen afterwards so I got paid by the Hlaalu. Twice the pay, once the trouble. smile.gif (Hmm, that sounds like a Hlaalu motto.)
minque
Ahhh wonderful as always! Your dialogue and interactions are outstanding...oh I hope there will be an update soon, please!
Black Hand
Deleted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.