Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Heir is Human II - Planning
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Dantrag
The Story so Far (Condensed Excessively)

A group of assassins (RAhvin being the only one still active) are hired by Lord Agnar of Haafingar to killl Lord Jadier of Falcreath (both places are in skyrim) They succeed, and eventually befriend Jadier's friends, including Brianna, who is Jadier's mistress and is pregnant.

Veric, the evil guy, knows that Brianna's kids are supposed to stop him (whatever his ultimate goal was disappeared with shogun, so we have to come up with something), so he tries different methods of killing Brianna (and the kid). The combined efforts of the gang save the kids from Veric and trap him in his own extra-dimension.

Turns out, Brianna has three kids, and each one has a different father. (crazy, I know) So, we fast-forwarded in the future 20 years, when Veric is about to come free again...

Okay, so some questions that need answering :

who's controlling Veric? How's he coming back?
minque
Hmm yes Veric.....now I really donīt know ...And Tellie? she coming back or what?

Anyway.....

Satyana is currently studying..but really canīt concentrate because the coming festivities at the Countess Castle is occupying her mind...so she is walking back and forth in the small room feeling just frustrated...
Dantrag
I guess we'll give Tellie a day or two before starting. If she doesn't come, she can just pop in a little late. No big deal.

And if nobody else wants to, or if shogun doesn't come back, I guess I'll take Veric.
jack cloudy
Hmm, I am really having trouble with finding a reason for Flint to pop in. Maybe he goes to Chorrol for bussiness and mistakes Satyana for Brianna? (He kind of forgets for a moment that Brianna should be a lot older than that.)

Luper, I think I'll keep him out till the first skirmish.
Dantrag
I don't see how you could mistake a nord-looking person with a more dunmer-looking person.
jack cloudy
Brianna supposedly looked more imperial than Dunmer. Still not Nord, though. Yeah, things would be hard to believe and I doubt that Flint even properly remembers Brianna. Hmm, I'll sent Flint to Cyrodiil and see what happens.
Dantrag
I just realized that Satyana lived with Serene, Haldin and Athyn. Talk about awkward. laugh.gif
Lord Revan
Well perhaps someone in Chorrol is an old friend of Ian's, and directs the party to ask him for aid. Maybe sends them off to some place in the Imperial city to meet him.

Oh and we'll bump into Karn later on (much later). He will definitly play on the"bad guy" team, and if Veric isn't back in the game, maybe he could be the one to boss around Hecate. laugh.gif
Channler
wink.gif For a planning thread it sure lacks the story I need to read to make my character.

Hey guys smile.gif Channler is back *does the white boy dance*

So peeps, why don't you give me the story and I'll make a uber secksi character and wtfpwn you guys when I turn my god-hack on biggrin.gif

EDIT: Oh, btw, I nearly cried when I looked at the very first RP that we had on the boards, twas so long ago, and 3 kinds of awesomeness
Dantrag
Welcome back to RPing, Channycat. (sorry, couldn't resist)

I summaraized for you in an edited first post. Thanks for pointing that out.

If you wanted, you could make a character that's good friends with Rann. Would be an easy way to get you in the story.

EDIT: I think it was four kinds of awesomeness. But yeah, good times there. We should make a movie out of it. laugh.gif
The Metal Mallet
I would just like to add an idea.

How about instead of Veric simply escaping from his extra-dimension, a new "bad guy" frees him since they have similar goals. Like, this new person knows of Veric's abilities and had spent a 20 year hunt to discover how to free Veric and/or where Veric is. Basically a cohort.

I'm not familiar with Veric's background, but if that sounds like a good idea, I would be willing to attempt to create this new person. I would still have Veric as the main threat, just that he has a new ally.

Note: I haven't done RPing of this type before but looking at the forums, I think I could do it. I'm a fast learner biggrin.gif
Lord Revan

Don't worry MM, If I can do it, than you can too. Just look how popular your Fan-fic is compared to mine laugh.gif Anyway, what's your character going to be like?
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 27 2006, 03:08 PM) *

I would just like to add an idea.

How about instead of Veric simply escaping from his extra-dimension, a new "bad guy" frees him since they have similar goals. Like, this new person knows of Veric's abilities and had spent a 20 year hunt to discover how to free Veric and/or where Veric is. Basically a cohort.

I'm not familiar with Veric's background, but if that sounds like a good idea, I would be willing to attempt to create this new person. I would still have Veric as the main threat, just that he has a new ally.

Note: I haven't done RPing of this type before but looking at the forums, I think I could do it. I'm a fast learner biggrin.gif

That's an excellent idea. I'll take Veric if you want the new bad guy.

The Metal Mallet
Sounds like a plan to me. I'll start thinking about my character in the morning and post in the characters thread sometime Saturday (likely after I make an update for my fan fic).

And thank you for your vote of confidence, Revan biggrin.gif.
Lord Revan

Ok, so Dantrag gets Veric, MM thinks up a new character, Fuzzy hasn't shown up yet, and finally I have Karn; It would seem that the bad guys team is almost complete (unless we start without Hecate).
Dantrag
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Oct 28 2006, 01:23 AM) *

Ok, so Dantrag gets Veric, MM thinks up a new character, Fuzzy hasn't shown up yet, and finally I have Karn; It would seem that the bad guys team is almost complete (unless we start without Hecate).

Fuzzy hasn't been on since September. I wouldn't expect him back very soon.

And to those making evil characters, I would suggest making a good one as well; you usually get a lot more interaction with the good guys..
minque
QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Oct 26 2006, 08:43 PM) *

Brianna supposedly looked more imperial than Dunmer. Still not Nord, though. Yeah, things would be hard to believe and I doubt that Flint even properly remembers Brianna. Hmm, I'll sent Flint to Cyrodiil and see what happens.

I think thatīs a good idea...besides, Brianna is stii hibernating in the custody of Telina, and has none whatsoever rememberance of her past!

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Oct 26 2006, 08:46 PM) *

I just realized that Satyana lived with Serene, Haldin and Athyn. Talk about awkward. laugh.gif

Awkward? why? Athyn and Serene are her grandparents! blink.gif Whatīs awkward is the fact that Haldin stayed with them! laugh.gif But maybe Tellie has come up with something about Haldin....

edit: Oh and welcome aboard Channler! good te see ya!
Channler
Ar! War be me booty!

Oh wait.. wrong RP...

Ladies, gents, how are we doing? I don't think I've much to say here because I dropped out fairly early on the first THIH... so just tell me a good place to be and I'll try to start from there.
Dantrag
Well, here's an idea.

Since we had this set after the events in Morrowind/Oblivion, it could go somewhat like this - After Martin's death, the emperor's throne has been empty for some time, and while chancellor ocato and the council have tried to make the empire a republic, its power has weakened and some countries, such as morrowind and skyrim, are seriously considering declaring their independence. Also, there are many powerful figures wanting the throne, people such as Veric.

The only problem is we'd have to be careful to keep away from too much politics. (WoH was a disaster)
minque
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Oct 28 2006, 05:07 PM) *

Well, here's an idea.

Since we had this set after the events in Morrowind/Oblivion, it could go somewhat like this - After Martin's death, the emperor's throne has been empty for some time, and while chancellor ocato and the council have tried to make the empire a republic, its power has weakened and some countries, such as morrowind and skyrim, are seriously considering declaring their independence. Also, there are many powerful figures wanting the throne, people such as Veric.

The only problem is we'd have to be careful to keep away from too much politics. (WoH was a disaster)

Okay....sounds interesting! So how do Tyana fit in here? hehe this plot is quite suitable for an experienced lady as Serene......but goddamn it, was hoping she could be left out this rp! But then again if Sel will appear....then Serene will I reckon

Dantrag
If you don't want Serene in, then you could just have Satyana learn things the hard way. Makes things more interesting all around. smile.gif
jack cloudy
Or just for a short while before she is recalled by House Redoran to guard the homefront. I mean, it could be possible that Athyn has some sort of telepathic link with Serene, seeing as how they're quite close. (Though only when either of the two focusses on the link, so not all the time.)
minque
Hmm..yeah..why not I mean Satyana should have learned something living with her famous granny right? And developing her would be nice...

Now I probably canīt resist tossing in Serene at some moment but Iīll try to resist! Oh and naurally she and Athyn has got a telepathic link between them...they are close you know! biggrin.gif

We should decide on a starting point, where some of our charachters would meet.....so we can get some kind of conversation started
Dantrag
QUOTE(minque @ Oct 28 2006, 12:50 PM) *

Hmm..yeah..why not I mean Satyana should have learned something living with her famous granny right? And developing her would be nice...

Now I probably canīt resist tossing in Serene at some moment but Iīll try to resist! Oh and naurally she and Athyn has got a telepathic link between them...they are close you know! biggrin.gif

So does she love Haldin or Athyn? mellow.gif

We should decide on a starting point, where some of our charachters would meet.....so we can get some kind of conversation started

All that comes pretty naturally; I think we should just go ahead and start before we go too far.

Everybody that hasn't made a characer can just come in a little later I guess.
The Metal Mallet
Well I got the bad character made, and I think I'll follow Dantrag's advice and make a "good guy" shortly.

Just an idea, could my good guy be a correspondant in Leyawiin that Rahvin is meeting or something?
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 28 2006, 01:48 PM) *

Just an idea, could my good guy be a correspondant in Leyawiin that Rahvin is meeting or something?

Funny story; I was about to come in here to suggest something similar.

Make in Rann in Bruma and you've got a deal.
The Metal Mallet
All righty, I'll have Flogir in a tavern in Bruma, he'll just be slightly buzz. Fitting for a Nord y'know biggrin.gif
Dantrag
okay then. I guess I'll start the playground then.
The Metal Mallet
Just wondering when would be the opportune time to release Veric? Soon? Or perhaps after we initialize some of the good guys a bit more?

I figure Voltar would likely release Veric so that he appears in his hideaway. But that's up for suggestion as well.
Dantrag
Yeah, we should probably wait a bit.

Freeing him is your deal, so you can decide on the method. smile.gif
Dantrag
So I assume everybody will meet at the party. Will Rann and Satyana recognize any similarities or leave it a mystery for a while?

EDIT: Sorry about double post there.
minque
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Oct 29 2006, 02:42 PM) *

So I assume everybody will meet at the party. Will Rann and Satyana recognize any similarities or leave it a mystery for a while?

EDIT: Sorry about double post there.

Yeah that would be sensible to meet at the party! I feel that it would be fun if there was a mystery about them a bit longer. They will meet of course! And probably like each other, yes they will most certainly like each other! They will of course notice the resemblance between them and of course they will have much in common but none of them could possibly at this time even think of the possibility they are siblings! That includes their evil sister as well!

The Metal Mallet
Yea, I was planning on having Flogir travel that way and either catch the party just in time, or get there during the party.
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 29 2006, 01:28 PM) *

Yea, I was planning on having Flogir travel that way and either catch the party just in time, or get there during the party.

He can find Rann sleeping in a cave on the way over there if you want him to. If not, he'll just get up and go over there by himself. tongue.gif
Channler
Well it seemed everyone was heading towards Chorrol so I think I'll be sending Mr. Constantine there too along with his trusty sidekick the lovely Ms. Lila! (who is a horse mind you) biggrin.gif Beasty!
The Metal Mallet
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Oct 29 2006, 06:09 PM) *

He can find Rann sleeping in a cave on the way over there if you want him to. If not, he'll just get up and go over there by himself. tongue.gif

Yea, I'll have Flogir on his cart catch him along the road to Chorrol. Maybe Rann could just be getting out of his cave when Flogir sees him. I don't think Flogir would go about checking random caves, his adventuring days are behind him...

Or are they? tongue.gif
Dantrag
Actually, I think I'll just have him walk back into town.
The Metal Mallet
I'm just trying to figure out the time for each character right now. From what I've seen, it seems like Setyana and Flint are a day back from Rahvin, Rann, Flogir, and Constantine. I'm just checking to see if that's correct.
minque
ehmm...Jack did I miss that Flint actually told Satyana who he was? crap...but anywho you got that issue solved very elegant!

So how do we continue now with Satyana and Flint? should they get some sleep and then maybe happen to bump into Rann at the Tavern the next day? Or do you have any suggestions?

The big feast will take part in just about two days so there must be some preparations for that....I mean Countess Valga would certainly need Satyana in the kitchen......
Florodine of Hlaalu
yay im returning. Where should i jump in, in this RP? I am going to make Dalrus Varus, my normal character.
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Oct 30 2006, 04:46 PM) *

I'm just trying to figure out the time for each character right now. From what I've seen, it seems like Setyana and Flint are a day back from Rahvin, Rann, Flogir, and Constantine. I'm just checking to see if that's correct.

she went to sleep though.

and you can't worry yourself over the time period like that; just kinda assume it's the same, or things will get very difficult. smile.gif
minque
Iīm thinking of letting it be the next day for Satyana.....sheīll come down in the morning and help Ragnar out in the Tavern......then she might bump into some of you guys.....that is if Jack thinks itīs ok

ooc: got go to bed now! see ya!
Lord Revan

Ok, I'll post Ian in a little bit. I think he should start off in the Imperial City.... biggrin.gif
jack cloudy
I'm fine with that, Minque. So let it be the next morning. smile.gif
Dantrag
we need to get to the feast pretty soon; that's where everyone is going to have the most interaction.
minque
Yes absolutely! I could post something about the preparations in a while, then we could just do it tonight if thereīs enough ppl online!
Soulseeker3.0
Hullo. yeah so does anyone have need of a semi-reclusive Rouge at the moment? I'd really like to get back into rpg(ing?) but not sure how or were my guy should pop up. him wandering is as good excuse as any for poppin' up anywhere in Cyrodiil, I could jump in at one of the taverns, as that seems were the most action is happening.

linky to my guy
minque
You could turn up at the big party weīre having at the Countessī castle!
Soulseeker3.0
I like parties.... biggrin.gif it should be fun trying to get in though.

oh and is there a specific map of Tamriel that we're using or not?
minque
We are in this area now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.