Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shivering Isles
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Pisces
I just realised that I don't think this has been posted here yet, so here you go http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/753/753076p1....mp;RSSid=753076
My favourite daedric prince in his very own expansion, I haven't seen the screenshots personally because they've yet to be officially released online but I've hear that Golden saints are back.
Chiglet
Ah! You beat me to it! smile.gif I just read about iShivering Isles myself and can hardly wait. The KotN has been a lot of fun, but to actually get to go to Sheogorath's realm?? Mega-cool!!
Not sure if the info is the same for the links, but here's another spot to look. http://www.elderscrolls.com/games/shiverin...es_overview.htm

Chiglet biggrin.gif
Pisces
Hurray, official announcement atlast, so I can look a the screenshots without buying a magazine or trying to find illegal copies.
Volsung
Wow, the expansion looks really nice. I better beat the main storyline in Oblivion, and play around with the expansions before it comes out. I was wondering what they would do for an expansion, and the only possible themes could be another Daedric Lord or going to some sort of distant land like Morrowind to see whats going on around there. I'm glad they choose the Daedric Lord theme because I want Oblvion to veer away from Morrowind. >_> That region had it's chapter, time for the rest of the world to get it's 15 minutes of fame.
Chiglet
If the Shivering Isles expansion is anything like the ones from Morrowind, you won't necessarily HAVE to complete the main quest first before playing in Sheogorath's realm. Right now, it's release is sometime in the second quarter of '07, but of course we all know that can be pushed back. smile.gif Personally, I hope that won't happen, but I want to be prepared for it. I've already checked with the local gaming stores around here, and they have no definite release date yet, and said to recheck in a month or 2. So, I'll let you know what I hear then. smile.gif

Chiglet emot-ninja1.gif
Lord Revan

I can't wait for Shivering Isles to come out, all that was old is new again! **Long pause** I'm not sure if that is an accurate analogy for the expansion, but whatever.
Malpense the Dark
And once again those of us on Xbox 360 who don't have Xbox live get left out in the cold again. Thanks a bunch Bethseda.
Chiglet
Just came from GameStop at my local mall with a receipt for prepayment of Shivering Isles. Yep, they've got a release date. TENTATIVELY, Shivering Isles will be released on March 26, 2007. As with all things gamey, the date is subject to change. smile.gif Cost was around $33 before taxes. They also had a recent mag with pics in it from the expansion. Don't remember the name of the mag though. Sorry. Brain is 1/2 fried from work.

Chiglet biggrin.gif
Volsung
I would reccomend asking for a refund. Reserving games from Gamestop will only lead to trouble for you, no joke at all. I reserved the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the morons didn't keep it in stock. We reserved it months ahead of time, and never did they once show up on our caller ID to inform us that we can pick up our pre-paid hamster cave game.

hamster Gamestop.
Chiglet
I've never had a problem with the company myself. In fact, they pretty much know me by sight, and some by name. Though wiht all businesses, one should be cautious as they all may have some idiot to do the calling who can't dial a phone number correctly. To help prevent this, when it comes close to the release time, I start checking with the store every so often to see if there are any release date uppdates. smile.gif Helps keep me, and the game I've ordered, in their minds.

Chiglet smile.gif
DavidBeck
Yes, I think that as well.

Over the years Gamestop has "lost" three games that I reserved.

I only deal with GameCrazy now.

They have a lower selection, but at least they're (somewhat) honest . smile.gif
DavidBeck
These forums don't see a lot of action do they...

It's been three days and nothing new has happened.

This is still the most recent thread. sad.gif

Maybe I'll stick with the TES Forums only...
The Metal Mallet
Well in Oblivion news itself, it's been sorta slow. Our General Forum is constantly busy though (most of the time), and most of the users that stick around use that forum the most.

As for shivering isles. I'll be getting it, the concept of seeing Golden Saints again has me sold. Sheogorath is one of the more interesting Daedric Lords and this concept of your choices actually affecting the outcome of the expanion's world has my interest pique. Hopefully they don't disappoint me.
Ola Martin
Must have Shivering isles!!!
wow it looks really great, is it gonna be a global release or is it released later in europe?
Chiglet
from the elderscolls.com forums, "Supossidly 30 march for Europe and 26 march for US." So hopefully those of us in the US will keep from giving spoilers out until those in Europe get their hands (claws, talons, paws,...) on it too. I'll probably check with the game shop again a week into March to see if anything has changed. Hey, checking with them is what got me the special edition of the game. smile.gif (game isn't different, just got some neat doodads)

Chiglet biggrin.gif
Lord Revan

Shivering Isles just shipped yesterday, unfortunately my wireless connection was acting skittish due to the downpour down here in the South. Well, I started downloading today at 4:30ish and now at 9:46 it should be about 59% downloaded! mad.gif

Looks like I'll have to wait until after school tommorow to finally find the heart of madness....... wacko.gif
Zelda_Zealot
I had it worse then you Revan, since I only have an Xbox 360, I had to download it off Xbox Live. Normally it would not be a problem, I would just have to deal with the lag of 803,625 trying to download it all at once. Well it turns out that matinence was scheldued for that day, and Xbox Live would be disabled for 14 hours. So I figure, okay, I can deal with it, it will be back up by five o'clock...

No, it takes them 18 hours, not 14. So I am stuck with out Shivering Isles unwil about nine o'clock. kvright.gif
And heres the kicker, it was availible one day early for Xbox users, they just didn't tell anybody, and didn't put it in the "New Releases" section.

And you thought you had it bad...

But hey, at least I got to play it in the end! biggrin.gif (Infact, I beat it last night biggrin.gif )
Lord Revan

YOU!!!! *Grabs shotty and going house to house kicking down doors on a destructive rampage!*

On more serious note, I know you're joking about beating the whole thing.

I only had about an hour and a half to play........ Curse homework, curse it!

Edit: Lord Revan has gone on a random antics spree, due be patient while rationality regains control. :beep: :beep: :beep: ok, I'm back again. bigsmile.gif
Black Hand
No seriously, you can beat SI in like three hours dude. Provided your focusing only on the MQ, and fast traveling. And your character has:

Rainment of the Crimson Scar (Fortify Speed 15)

Acrobats Amulet: (Fortify Speed 20)

I've already beat it with two of my characters...

Zelda_Zealot
^ And if you skip all the dialogue, run constantly, never check out any dungeons, and never look at anything. But then again... You could beat the main quest of Oblivion in about 7-10 if you did that as well. Less if you skip "Allies for Bruma".
Chiglet
Took me a couple days to finish the MQ, but I was also piddling around a bit on side-quests. smile.gif Personally, I was rather disapopinted with the short duration and ease of finishing the MQ. My character was at level 7 and I found defeating Jygalag waaaaaaay to easy. Only used one health potion during that entire battle. I was also disappointed in the final ending of it as well. It rather reminded me of the de-helmeting of DarthVader, and felt rather like a ham-handed attempt tochange Daedric lore. sigh. kvright.gif

Chiglet emot-ninja1.gif
Lord Revan

Can you guys point out where the fun is in all that?
Chiglet
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Apr 3 2007, 05:04 PM) *

Can you guys point out where the fun is in all that?

Well, the exploring of the Isles is fun at least. New books to read too, which I enjoy. smile.gif Yes, I actually read the in-game books. Somebody spent the tiime and wrote them, and many of them are rather entertaining.
Lord Revan

I was talking about just skimming through the Main Quest. But yes, I also read books, well, some books, and they are entertaining. smile.gif
Black Hand
Well. I personally wasn't 'rushing' through the main quest. And I leave exploration for after MQ's, its just that I understood the very simple plot of SI. I'm sorry, I just dont see anything overly interesting about it. Even the ending 'reward' is just.....yeah, I'll stop it there.
Fargoth
shivering isles are fun tongue.gif
Hypedupturtle
I like the gameplay, but I personally have a problem with the lore aspect, but still, it was fun.
Bolzmania
I really enjoyed playing it! Although it was a bit easy..
GunsnArmor
Shivering Isles was very disappointing. There were only a few things I enjoyed. The story was fun for a little while, but then it got long and boring, and all I wanted to do was get it over with. You were continuously sent into boring dungeons, going into the very core to activate/get something, then do it all over again about five times so you can fight the incredibly easy boss. In my opinion, they could have done alot better.

BTW, has anyone looked at Sheogorath's realm from a tall mountain? It looks sloppy and disgusting, especially his city.
Bolzmania
Of course it does in the Dementia part. duh?
GunsnArmor
QUOTE(Daedroth @ May 2 2008, 03:09 AM) *

Of course it does in the Dementia part. duh?

What?
Bolzmania
QUOTE(GunsnArmor @ May 1 2008, 08:48 PM) *

BTW, has anyone looked at Sheogorath's realm from a tall mountain? It looks sloppy and disgusting, especially his city.

Well of course the city in the Dementia part is disgusting. The Mania part is like an upgrade to Morrowind.
mirocu
The Shivering Isles is a nice addition although I quickly got tired of it after a couple of visits. Out of Bliss and Crucible I enjoyed Crucible the most simply because its gloom appealed to me. Iīm the kind of person who feels in a good mood when itīs raining (or snowing if itīs winter) and the overcast thing that Crucible has suited me fine smile.gif

The caves were nice I think. They had a different feel to it than the cyrodilic ones and I liked the things that was going on in there and I especially liked the cave where you could release a gnarl and watch him squash the grummites! laugh.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 14 2013, 02:00 PM) *

The Shivering Isles is a nice addition although I quickly got tired of it after a couple of visits. Out of Bliss and Crucible I enjoyed Crucible the most simply because its gloom appealed to me. Iīm the kind of person who feels in a good mood when itīs raining (or snowing if itīs winter) and the overcast thing that Crucible has suited me fine smile.gif

The caves were nice I think. They had a different feel to it than the cyrodilic ones and I liked the things that was going on in there and I especially liked the cave where you could release a gnarl and watch him squash the grummites! laugh.gif

I lOVED the cave with the crazy dunmer woman lol
mirocu
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 14 2013, 09:22 PM) *

Which one was that?
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 14 2013, 02:24 PM) *

Which one was that?

Where you have to craft a new gate guardian.
mirocu
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 14 2013, 09:30 PM) *

Ah. No wonder I didnīt remember the cave. Never did that MQ either! tongue.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
Oh, pfft XD
mirocu
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 14 2013, 09:43 PM) *

Oh, pfft XD

I never do any MQ. I just wander around, exploring and taking stuff wherever I go with no thought whatsoever at the ones in desperate need of help tongue.gif

Then again, several years later and still no sign of danger anywhere. So why bother? hehe.gif
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 14 2013, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 14 2013, 09:43 PM) *

Oh, pfft XD

I never do any MQ. I just wander around, exploring and taking stuff wherever I go with no thought whatsoever at the ones in desperate need of help tongue.gif

Then again, several years later and still no sign of danger anywhere. So why bother? hehe.gif

Bahahahahaha!!
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 14 2013, 08:30 PM) *
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 14 2013, 02:24 PM) *

Which one was that?

You mean the one with Relmyna Venerim in? That's a fun quest.

I personally found the Shivering Isles to be my favourite thing to come out of the Elder Scrolls series at any point ever; it was just so damn wierd, it's great, and the Isles had a wonderful aesthetic to them; even the Greymarch bits looked unique and interesting, and I remember going to Passwall when it was attacked by Jygallag's forces to be a very memorable moment.
Elisabeth Hollow
I loved it too. When you first get there, and Haskill finishes questioning you, the room bursts into buttering flutterbies, it's so pretty!
mirocu
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 15 2013, 02:18 PM) *

I loved it too. When you first get there, and Haskill finishes questioning you, the room bursts into buttering flutterbies, it's so pretty!

And so unexpected! laugh.gif

The clock ticking in the room was so ominous too. You didnīt know what was gonna happen, I loved it! happy.gif
Kiln
The Shivering Isles were more interesting than Oblivion itself ever was. The expansion was simply a less generic experience all around and gave many more hours of gameplay.

I miss the days of expansions rather than DLC. You get charged double the money now for half of the content. While I've enjoyed Skyrim's DLC and have paid for all of it so far, I still miss the days when the content added was massive in comparison.
mirocu
QUOTE(Kiln @ Feb 15 2013, 10:25 PM) *

The Shivering Isles were more interesting than Oblivion itself ever was. The expansion was simply a less generic experience all around and gave many more hours of gameplay.

At first I loved it too since it was so different compared to Cyrodiil. But now Iīve tried to go back twice and it just doesnīt work for me anymore.

Give me generic any day tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.