Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Heir is Human II - Planning thread 5
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
minque
Go on planning, folks!

Link to the previous one
Dantrag
We should probably be in here a lot more, mainly because we are starting to create pretty big plots and we need to know where they're going.
Lord Revan

Yeah, I agree with that. Still, MM is of on vacation for a week (canadian honored user).

I'll be gone a lot this summer, but that's still a little ways ahead.
Priest of Sithis
plots that I have introduce:
Mannimarco: King of Worms alliance with Dark Brotherhood
Army from Morrowind, landed near Mournhold from Vvardenfell
Patholos may start a new Guild with the help of Karn
Dantrag
Yeah, all that kinda took me by surprise, as we were trying to get rid of the Silhouette in order to bring the real villain (Veric) to the forefront, and now we also have Mannimarco, Patholos and Karn to deal with as major contenders. Not that this is bad, as it can add a lot more depth, we just have to plan how everything is going to fit before we jump in.

Since the original plan was to have the Sil taken care of, Veric form a new government, and later take control, we need to change a few things to fit the new developments. Karn, Patholos, and Mannimarco have obviously formed some kind of pact against the Silhouette, will they temporarily join the group of heroes against a common enemy, or will Veric and them strike up an alliance?

And I guess if Shogun doesn't become regular again soon, I'll take over Veric until he comes again. I'll also start posting as the Sil more to get things going.

Any ideas on any of this?
Lord Revan
I think The villains have some form of allegiance. After all, Karn still has Veric's yellow amulet. He'll remember that somewhere along the line and report in....... maybe in a few months laugh.gif ANyway, Flint is talking to the countess......

I just realized, Dantrag, you have some of the biggest figureheads as your own characters now..... I thought my characters made a lot of pivitol choices (conflicting or otherwise). cool.gif

PS: Other sub-plots-

Romatic relationships.... lots,
conspiracies, lot of those too,
and plenty of grudges. tongue.gif

PPS: Just for curiosity, if the nerevarine makes an appearance, which one will he/she be? There are so many! wacko.gif
Dantrag
Oh yeah, I abandoned my whole Vivec argument. In AMU, Vivec the city was totally destroyed, and it was pretty common knowledge that vivec the god was dead.

As far as the nerevarine goes, I say we leave him out. Number one, there's always going to be a few people that disagree with our choice of person, and number two, we don't really want a god-like good guy. That's for the baddies.

I don't know if this was ever put out in the open, but Shogun and myself had done some brainstorming and come up with a decent idea that would actually work well with the new guild. We were thinking that the group would deal with the Silhouette, and that would give Veric's current form (Altair, he's still hanging with the group) some fame in Tamriel, and he would use that fame to come to power and create a new democratic government ruled by a large council. The council would pass a law that put one man in control in times of crises. Well, Veric would use that to become emperor, which allows him to unlock a lost power that allows him to control those that swear an oath to him. We had originally planned for this power to extend to the dead, and now we have Mannimarco, a great necromancer to help with his knowledge of the dead.

So the lost power explains Veric's purpose for wanting to become emperor, and Mannimarco's entrance gives a means to improve said power, and I was thinking that maybe Karn and Patholos's new guild could become Veric's elite soldiers used for the most important of missions.

Also, we've kind of lost sight of the prophecy side of things involving the kiddos, and this explains their role as well; the three children (Satyana, Amrita, Rann) all have the power to break the bond to Veric...

Thoughts/questions are welcome.
jack cloudy
That sounds good to me. I'm going to catch up on the playground thread for now but when Veric comes to power as 'president', Flint would be among the first to swear such an oath.
minque
Hmmm....sounds quite good to me Danny! Now have you two smarties also come up with how and in what way those kiddos can break the bonds to Veric?

How will Brianna fit in? And for all it matters what about Serene? Shall I dispose of her or what?
Lord Revan
Well, Ian will not swear his loyalty to Altair. He'll aid the new democrasy in his own way though. Issac will pledge himself, if he believes this is truly what is best (and also if Satyana decides to). Kirana is a similar story to Ian. And Karn would just do what he is told as long as it makes sense.

Tellie is also having a lot of trouble, so someone might as well take over Amrita and Telina for that matter. And what about all the inactive people (Jonathan, Dalrus, and Sodsa)?

PS: Ian's resolve would be shaken if Serene went away (the more dramatic interpretation applies).
Priest of Sithis
Patholos would have some trouble with the new government, but would probably get used to it
Mannimarco desires the only thing he has always desired, power, so it would be hard to get him to cooperate, unless someone or someones gave him the power he wants
Lord Revan

Well, Ian is distancing himself from the others. It's nothing personal, he's just doing what he believes is right for everyone. He'll still be fighting against the Silhouete.

As for the Narza'Tai, it will take a bit of time for them to get on their feet and get used to the changes taking place, but they will be an instrumental factor in the Silhouete's demise (hopefully they'll be ready in time). They also hope to gain a position of power in Veric's new government (even so far as to take land in the Ashland of Vvardenfell to make a center of leadership).
Priest of Sithis
Patholos is going to take the Shadow Eaters to observe the Silhouette's Army, get outfitted, and help Mannimarco fortify the Topal Bay.
Lord Revan

Well, I'll just edit my last post to avoid double-posting. smile.gif
The Metal Mallet
I'm back! And it looks like some interesting plans are taking place. So far I've just read the planning thread and I'm liking Dantrag's idea about the lost power business. It certainly sounds like something that we can work with. I'm not sure how Flogir would handle the situation. I'm sure he could be deceived into making an oath to Veric. Voltar on the other hand might not swear an oath, as he doesn't wish to lose control over himself, but he'd certainly still be on Veric's side.

Then again, Veric might seek to suppress his ally and try to deceive Voltar to swear an oath to him. Or Veric might just wish to possess "The Staff of Worldly Demise" and think the only way he'd get it is by controlling Voltar. We'll see.

For now, I'm going to catch up on the playground!
Dantrag
I'll give it a few more days before I take control of Veric again, as I don't see how we can go much longer without him.
Lord Revan

Alright, so how far will the Sil and its army get before they begin to wane? The Imperial City? Cyrodiil? The latter would be more dramatic, I guess. It will take awhile for the Narza'Tai to be ready, and I (and POS) want them to have a role in the fighting.

Priest of Sithis
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Apr 30 2007, 10:17 PM) *

Alright, so how far will the Sil and its army get before they begin to wane? The Imperial City? Cyrodiil? The latter would be more dramatic, I guess. It will take awhile for the Narza'Tai to be ready, and I (and POS) want them to have a role in the fighting.

Mos def, and what about the Vvardenfell-ish army that is on their way? I asked Revan if he wanted to control it but i think it should be up for grabs...

And I tried to subtly have Mannimarco look for the heirs so they could unlock Reman Cyrodill's memories and feelings. Also, Mannimarco is a little hazy because he has been dead for a while, so he doesn't really remember the Oblivion Crisis. Play nice...
minque
So the Morrowind Army is heading towards The Imperial City? Now would it be possible for Serene to meet them? Or are the gang too far away? I mean Serene left Rann and his party a while ago but I may be senile but I don´t exactly remember where thay are.... embarrased.gif
jack cloudy
Let's see, double march. That means three days, right? If they can keep it up without supplies that is. Anyway, I was wondering if I should let the Chorrol cavalry go ahead and meet the Morrowind army head-on. In the meantime, I'm going to add some atmosphere.
minque
I´ll be away for the weekend...see you sunday evening!
Dantrag
Welcom to the RP, Tenek!
Lord Revan

Good to see you decided to join up (after talking about joining for weeks but never actually doing it). Hope you find enough time to post, my friend! happy.gif
Priest of Sithis
WILL ANYONE PLAN ANYMORE.......-ORE..........-ORE

Guess not....
Dantrag
Good Call -

Army of Morrowind - what's the plan? Maybe they can meet up with the main group and wage war on the Silhouette? (Don't forget; Altair needs to play a part, as he has to gain fame and start a new government)

We need to find a way to form an alliance between Army of Morrowind and the new guild, also.

And Manimarco and Veric.

And we still have to bring in Amrita and get someone to control her.
The Metal Mallet
I believe the Amrita character was left to me when Tellie was gone. I guess I can control her once the need comes along. Just give me some warning and I'll see what I can do.
minque
I´m thinking....Revie (I think) suggested that Serene could bump into the MW-Army....I think that could be ok...right?

Amrita....so will she meet with Brianna, Rahvin and Sadril maybe? Or with the main group..

(Mallie! Are you sure you´re evil enough to control Amrita? blink.gif )
Lord Revan

Well, last time Tellie posted as Amrita, she was watching the group in their last (up until now) camp. So I imagine she hasn't gone far since then.
The Metal Mallet
QUOTE(minque @ May 11 2007, 01:44 PM) *

I´m thinking....Revie (I think) suggested that Serene could bump into the MW-Army....I think that could be ok...right?

Amrita....so will she meet with Brianna, Rahvin and Sadril maybe? Or with the main group..

(Mallie! Are you sure you´re evil enough to control Amrita? blink.gif )

You've read my fan fic right? I got a couple evil characters in there that should prove my background with evil is quite good. I sure no one would ever want to meet Count Vernon Goldwine, Hlodir or "The Voice".

And Revan. I might just ignore the location where Tellie last had Amrita. The point of Brianna, Sadril, and Rahvin's journey is to find Amrita. So eventually I'll likely put her somewhere they are heading.

If that's all right with everyone, that is.
Dantrag
that's fine. then i can actually post as rahvin every once in a while
minque
QUOTE(Dantrag @ May 12 2007, 12:52 AM) *

that's fine. then i can actually post as rahvin every once in a while

Yeah! I´d like that! Maybe there can be some....eh kind of interaction between him and Brianna, after all they have at least one child together for all what matters...

And of course...ha! how stupid of me you are evil enough Mallie!
Dantrag
I really don't know what would be in those bushes. I think minque had a plan, but I'm not aware of it.
minque
Hmmm in fact I do not have an outlined plan....I just thought it would be cool to have something or someone attack them, or at least encounter with them...like Amrita....she´s in the neighbourhood isn´t she? Or maybe Rahvin and Brianna finally have arrived...Then there´s this other guy, this Tenek...I mean SOMEONE´s just gotta be there..... ohmy.gif

On the other hand....it might be in Satyana´s imagination....or some dark magic that affects her at a certain time.....

So if anyone feel like jumping in on them.....just do it! if not...well I´ll look into it tomorrow!
Lord Revan

Well, Tenek is following the main group (I wrote that post) and he isn't evil..... just has a messed up moral compass. And according to Mallet, Amrita is going to supernaturally warp to somewhere in Morrowind to meet Brianna and co. (yeah, it leaves some plotholes to just do that.....)
Dantrag
Well Rahvin and Bree are heading towards morrowind, while Rann and the others are still in Cyrodiil.

I think Mr. Mallet was going to have Amrita be in Morrowind to, and ignore the fact that Tellie had her in the neighborhood.
minque
Ah well....ok then, I´ll let it be some weird effect on Satyana then...something she doesn´t know and never had experienced before...got to get things moving there..

Hmm where are they heading btw? Sat, Rann and Issac?
Dantrag
they're going to rescue Kirana. Rann has a variation of a detect life spell active, so he knows where she is.

BTW: what exactly is the nature of Satyana's tattoo? Is it the same as Rann's or not? It seems to work a bit differently, but I can't figure it out.
minque
Satyana´s tattoo has it´s origin from the ancient ashlanders, it´s merely a tattoo that gives her strength, it sort of protects her. In my story, Serene got a tattoo from a wise woman in order to protect and strengthen her.

It´s rather big, it goes from one breast to the other...like a tribal of some sort

Satyana has got a similar one. Serene made it when Tyana was a small child...it protects from evil magic, could come in handy if they maybe meet with Amrita..later on!
Dantrag
so maybe her tattoo isn't so friendly with Rann's, since his is dark in nature and hers protects from dark magicka?

makes an interesting conflict.
Lord Revan

I don't know if that should be considered irony or not...... I think it is.
Dantrag
it could even be Rann's tattoo that made Satyana get paranoid all of a sudden and spark her new powers. Makes perfect sense.
Lord Revan
Here's a thought, the excuse I've been using for Kirana's lack of resistance is that the constant sharing of pain effectively jams the victum's (sp.) ability to focus magicka.

Pain is a rather distracting thing, so it effectively acts the same as a silence spell without the silence..... that doesn't sound right, but you get it. wink.gif
minque
QUOTE(Dantrag @ May 14 2007, 12:49 AM) *

so maybe her tattoo isn't so friendly with Rann's, since his is dark in nature and hers protects from dark magicka?

makes an interesting conflict.

Yup! Those two grew up in very different places and with very different ppl....So it´s gonna be quite interesting....Anyway I hope they continue to care for each other....in their own weird way! laugh.gif

it could even be Rann's tattoo that made Satyana get paranoid all of a sudden and spark her new powers. Makes perfect sense.

Yes! just what I was thinking about, that his tattoo catalyzes hers!

Revie what exactly did you mean with your last post about Kirana?

Lord Revan

Since Mannimarco gave himself the same immortaility he gave Kirana (therefore sharing pain also) he may not be able to use magic..... crap, now I realize how messed up that post looks.
Dantrag
I see you, Shogun!
ShogunSniper
I suck sad.gif

i am unworthy of any among you who forgive me for my absence. for far too many times have i done this too you and once more i have nothing more to offer in exchanged for being allowed back into the rp but my apologies and my mediocre writing skills.

i am back. for how long, my word is useless to tell, but i have returned. i assure you.

i will not request it, however if you so see fit i will resume veric's player. i only ask for soldin and sadril to be allowed under my command once more.
Dantrag
no problems, man. Real life takes precedence over an RP on the internet, no matter how many times you shake the magic eightball.

If you want a summary, I'll gladly give it to you if you tell me where you left off.

As for Veric, you can have him back. (I only made two or three possts with him) There are some new planning developments to involve, too, that I'll tell you about once you get caught up.
ShogunSniper
i would greatly appreciate a summary.

sadril bri and rahvin were in a cave somewhere... veric was acting as altair and some werewolf mumbojumbo happened. outside of the playground i was complaining about florodine's absence and needing the silhouette out of the way so i could continue my own plot.... which may or may not still be plausible.
Dantrag
After the werewolf thing...

The Silhouette brought over some tsaeci from Akavir (snake people) intent on destroying the Imperial City right now.

Karn and Patholos (both former DB members) took control of the guild and renovated it, taking focus away from the creepy deity Sithis and renaming it the Narza-Tai (did I spell that right?)

Mannimarco (the King of Worms) showed up, forming a shaky alliance with the Narza'tai. He appeared to the group, and Kirana was the hero, teleporting him and herself away. Rann, Satyana, and Issac left the group to rescue her from the necromancer. (Rann discovered a bit more about his ability by absorbing Mannimaarco's magicka)

The group's goal is still to kill the Silhouette.

Veric is still acting as Altair, though he's more in the background. He observed Rann absorbing dark magicka, and is in possession of Kirana's tome with lotsa info on the tattoo. He stayed with the main group, still planning on gaining fame by disposing of the Silhouette and forming a new government with Rann's help.

Flint has gathered a small army from Chorrol, and they joined the larger Army of Morrowind to fight the Silhouette. We plan on having the Narza'Tai join that alliance as well.

I shared with everyone the plans we talked about via PM, and that's what we're moving towards, though with a few readjustments.

Veric will ally with Mannimarco (his knowledge of the dead will allow him to use the ancient emperor's power to extend to the dead and the living)

He may or may not ally with the Narza'Tai (not sure if we decided on that)

And Rahvin, Bree, and Sadril haven't moved.
ShogunSniper
ok. im gonna read a little still just to grab some details.

so sadril and them havent moved at all? like not an inch?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.