Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Heir is Human XVI-Playground
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Agent Griff
Savirien, with the Plys' Iea

Savirien gave a short glance to the Plys' Iea as it approached with great strides characteristic of its gait. He noticed that the severed heads hooked on his belt earned a short glance from his comrade. He smiled slightly, more to himself than to anyone else thinking that he had been more successful in this battle than their so-called champion.

"In all honesty neither do I, yet that is not my decision to make. Sadly enough for both of us, there is a greater authority than our own, and it does not lie in its nature to share power. I would not have thrown all our resources towards conquering this city, not when it was so well-defended and well-stocked. Even if we had a ten to one advantage in numbers, I would have merely surrounded the city and laid siege, rather than risk my forces in conquering it by way of arms." Savirien said, looking towards the hulking alien. Out of many of the Akaviri, Savirien held the most respect for the Plys' Iea, for his way of doing battle resembled his own in several ways.

Several moments of silence crept in as the two watched the battlefield all around them. Savirien then smiled with his angular serpent snout.

"I see your prey has eluded you."
Lord Revan
OCC: Kirana is going to take the same route that Ian took whilst on the group's way to Leyawiin, teleportation, to prepare things.

Plys'Iea

He did not turn to look at Savirien, but neither did he gaze at the retreating Tamrielics. "Does it matter? A few get away, but I had no specific reason to kill them than I do any other simple Tamrielic."

The hunter glanced at the general now, "Above all else, I loath being stranded on this world." He knelt beside a soldier woman's corpse. Silently, the alien removed her armor, and then the clothes underneath. It did not bother him that he was stripping a female before consuming it, such was the customary way of disposing of the dead among his people.
Once all the inedible items were discarded, the hunter feasted upon the kill. Despite what some humanoids might think, he had not singled out the body because of the corpse's gender, but all of the bodies around it were civilians, and therefore not as nutricious as a strong body.

"I'm sure the general doesn't mind, if he can decapitate worthy kills then I should have no problem using mine for sustinance." He assured himself.

Kirana, the refugees

The skirmish was done, for now at least. Kirana wiped some sweat from Ian's brow with satisfaction. In her original body, she'd have considered such combat style as best avoided, but with vampirism came a sense of exhileration during melees.
The blood in Ian's viens was so soothingly hot, the sense of superiority that accompanied walking out of such a brawl unharmed was intoxicating like no alcahol could mat-- Kirana stopped herself, the battle fever was messing with her mind!

As her self-control returned, the euphoria subsided and she felt relatively normal again. Putting the disturbing sensation out of her thoughts; Kirana glanced around at the other refugees. Bruma and Cloud Ruler won't be able to support all of these people if we suddenly show up on their doorsteps. But if they had time to prepare.....
The army and civilians had no horses with which to reach their destination quickly, but Kirana had her magicka, even though bound in her friend's vampiric form. The decision took less than a heartbeat, while people shuffled about around her, Ian's lips sub-vocalized the incantatsion for a recall spell leading to Cloud Ruler that Kirana had set during the Oblivion Crisis, just in case.

The vampire suddenly vanished, Kirana felt the familiar vertical tug upwards that involved teleportation. Then everything fell out of existance.......

Issac

"Here, Satyana, hold onto these." Issac said, handing her several potion vials to put in her bag. The Altmer paused and then drank the contents of three restore magicka potions, blessing his ailing reserves. He also downed a shot of restore fatigue, offering another to Satyana for the trek they had ahead of them.

The potion-laden sack attached to his shoulders suddenly felt lighter as the week's hardship evaporated and his muscles relaxed. "Devines bless the intrepid mages who pioneered alchemy!" Issac praised appreciatively.
A middle-aged elven woman took the last potions in a whicker basket; she smiled and nodded in agreement before turning and disappearing into the throng. Issac turned to Satyana, kissing her lightly on the forehead before stepping off the raft and onto the shore. "Well, let's make some headway then, my love." Some of his old, comforting enthusiasm returned, giving strength to his winning smile that contrasted the exhausted, yet mellow background.
Dantrag
Rann

It didn't take long for them to get out of arrow range, and Rann was relieved a few minutes later when he found that there were still some rafts being deployed. He heard a corporal of the Morrowind Army shouting above the crowd, calling for anyone with magical abilities that could aid in shielding the rafts; apparently most of the mages had already left the Isle.

"That's you," he said to his sister.
The Metal Mallet
Amrita

Amrita nodded to her brother. "I suppose that is true," she said questionably before quickly changing her expression into a sly grin.

She hailed the officer and offered her services. She stepped upon the raft and glanced at her brother.

"Time to get the hell outta here."
Agent Griff
Savirien, besides the Plys'Iea

Savirien looked on as his subordinate started nonchalantly devouring one of the slain Tamrielic warriors. He smiled once more at the disgusting sight that would have had most on their knees, vomiting.

"Too bad our foes cannot bear witness to this sight, for then they would surely be terrified at the prospect of being captured alive by our brave warriors." Savirien said with an almost humorous voice. This sight only deepened a certain feeling of disgust he had for his comrade.

Despite all your appearance of honour and sentience, you are still a bloodthirsty monster underneath. Woe on those Tamrielics which fall to your bestial skill.

After a few more uncomfortable moments of watching the Plys' Iea, Savirien departed to look for the Silhouette and receive new orders.
Lord Revan

Narza'Tai

While the civilians and soldiers gathered essential resources for the journey, the silent assassins broke off in seemingly random directions. Carrying small backpacks with individual rations, arrows for archers, and potions for mages.

The Narza'Tai did not bother themselves with the labors of the non-combatants, they would scout the area ahead and offer passive protection of the masses, nothing more.

jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood

As the majority hadn't even disembarked yet, Flint found himself with little to do but wait. He decided to seek out Flogir now that he had the time to do so. When it came down to leading armies, or an army and a rather uncoordinated mass of civilians specifically, he had no real experience. All he'd been doing up till now was dumb guesswork and making things up as he went. It had worked, but even Flint could see that his tactics had been horribly static. A simple massed flanking maneouvre, and the phalanx would have been wiped out. Now, they'd only suffered minimal losses.

So the Breton looked about for Flogir. If there was one person left around who knew this area and how to make the most of it, it was him.
,,Flogir?! Are you here somewhere?!"
Dantrag
Rahvin

"There will be plenty of fighting," he commented, more to himself than to Brianna.

Within a few minutes their raft reached the shore and they joined the rest of the defenders for the long trek north. There were some supplies, but not much, and they hadn't brought along any horses or wagons to carry them; there was no time. He just hoped that Cloud Ruler Temple had adequate stores.

Rahvin walked alongside Brianna, with Aerona following behind.

"See anyone we know?" he asked, looking ahead for signs of Satyana, and behind for signs of Rann.

Just don't get yourself killed, boy. he suddenly realized that he was worrying about Rann an awful lot. Rann would probably say that it was about time. Rahvin had never been much of a father; sure, he'd provided for the boy, but he'd always been more of a friend than a dad.

Aerona

Aerona walked a few feet behind Rahvin and Brianna, dragging her feet a little. The excitement of battle, the exhaustion of healing for hours, and the lack of feeding had finally taken their toll.

As much as she found it revolting, she decided that she would feed on some tsaesci before the battle was over. At least they were even more monstrous than her.

Rann

Rann nodded in wholehearted agreement with Amrita and jumped aboard the raft. He stuck his new sword in his belt, since he hadn't exactly had the time to grab the scabbard off of the Akaviri.

"Want this back?" he asked, holding out the handle of Amrita's dagger out towards her.

Veric

Veric spent the next few minutes pacing back and forth in front of the bookshelves, dragging his finger along each book in search of the one he needed.

"Ah-ha!" he exclaimed, plucking it from the shelf, "Daedra Blood by Morian Zenas, author of On Oblivion and subject of The Doors of Oblivion, but I'm sure you already knew that."

He sat back down across from Voltar, his eyes furiously scanning the pages.
minque
Satyana

She downed the potion Issac gave her, and immediately experienced its effect. "Ahh, feel better already" she smiled at him, kissing his cheek.

"But...who are those people over there? I can't really see but some seems familiar"

OOC: Am I wrong or are Rahvin, Brianna and the rest of the lot already on the shore? If not I can edit.

Brianna

" I know there will be fighting, dear" she said silently to Rahvin. " And I think I see....Rann, over there...with with...yes it must be Amrita!...Rahvin, tell me , has Rann ever had some kind of mother?"

I do hope he will be ok...I so much want to be his mother

She looked at Aerona, sighed and took out a bottle from her pocket, handing it to the young vampire

"Look here Aerona, don't be stupid, take this, drink it...and NO, it's not what you think it is!" She gave the girl an almost angry gaze....

Then she got a glimpse of an Altmer accompanied with...with a person in a skirt...with long hair...

Satyana? could it be her?

"Rahvin..look ahead...no there!" she pointed..."Could it be Issac and Satyana?"
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir had reached the shore with the middle of the army. Once he got to shore he could hear someone calling out his name. Scanning the area he soon found it was Flint doing so. He hailed his friend.

"I'm over here, what is it?"

Amrita

Despite having a reasonably strong shield spell over the raft, Amrita seemed to be quite calm and relaxed. She looked at the weapon Rann held.

"Keep it, I have plenty of others so you should have more than one as well," she stated and looked in the direction they were going. The raft would make it to shore soon.

Voltar

Voltar nodded at Veric's remarked and looked over the man's shoulder at the pages he read, curious as to what the potential key the book possessed.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint shrugged sheepishly.
,,Well, so far I think we're doing reasonably well. But, I don't quite know how to do things here. Basically I'm just ordering away in the hopes that I'm doing something right. I thought that you should take control back at this point, being the one with experience and all. Besides, I don't really know much about the Cyrodiilic countryside."
Lord Revan

Kirana, Cloud Ruler Temple

The arrival after teleporting always ended with a thud as your feet make contact with matter again. Kirana glanced around the main hall of Cloud Ruler. A threesome of Blades returned her gaze, reflexively reaching for their swords before checking themselves.

"Knight Brother! Do you have news?" One of the Blades, Cyrus, shook Ian's hand, noting the nasty wristblade with a glance.
"I do, but I'd like for the other blades and the countess present when I give it."
Dantrag
QUOTE(minque @ Feb 4 2008, 06:37 PM) *

OOC: Am I wrong or are Rahvin, Brianna and the rest of the lot already on the shore? If not I can edit.

OOC: You're absolutely right; no worries. smile.gif

Brianna

" I know there will be fighting, dear" she said silently to Rahvin. " And I think I see....Rann, over there...with with...yes it must be Amrita!...Rahvin, tell me , has Rann ever had some kind of mother?"

I do hope he will be ok...I so much want to be his mother

She looked at Aerona, sighed and took out a bottle from her pocket, handing it to the young vampire

"Look here Aerona, don't be stupid, take this, drink it...and NO, it's not what you think it is!" She gave the girl an almost angry gaze....

Then she got a glimpse of an Altmer accompanied with...with a person in a skirt...with long hair...

Satyana? could it be her?

"Rahvin..look ahead...no there!" she pointed..."Could it be Issac and Satyana?"

Rahvin

"No, he's never had a mother," he answered, "Until now, of course."

In all honesty, he had no idea how Rann felt about Brianna. The boy was always unpredictable, and his opinions of people were no exception. He hoped that he would accept her, and judging from the first meeting between Rann and Brianna, it seemed that he didn't care either way.

Brianna's next question brought him out of his personal thoughts.

"I think you're right," he said as his eyes followed the direction in which Brianna was pointing.

Aerona

Aerona accepted the potion from Brianna with a thankful nod, but as soon as she became distracted with the notion of Satyana and Issac being ahead of them, she dumped out the bottle's contents on the ground beside her as they walked.

I wish people would just leave me alone.

She wasn't ungrateful of Brianna's kindness, but she wasn't entirely trusting of the woman, either. So many people had already offered her blood or advice on how she should feed, she didn't know who or what to believe, and quite frankly didn't care. in the absolute worst case, she would die.

Relief at last.

OOC: sorry she didn't take the potion, minque; got something planned a little later, and since I didn't know what exactly brianna gave her, I didn't want her to take it.

QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Feb 5 2008, 01:47 AM) *

Amrita

Despite having a reasonably strong shield spell over the raft, Amrita seemed to be quite calm and relaxed. She looked at the weapon Rann held.

"Keep it, I have plenty of others so you should have more than one as well," she stated and looked in the direction they were going. The raft would make it to shore soon.

Rann

Rann shrugged and stuffed it in his belt right beside his katana. He wouldn't argue with free weapons. There was a short period of silence as they navigated the waters, heading towards the shore.

The raft finally beached, and Rann hopped off, stopping for a second to survey the situation. Ahead of them, a throng of soldiers and refugees walked in a large clump to the north. Cloud Ruler was their destination, he knew, he just hoped that whatever Imperial officials inhabited the place would allow such a group free entrance. In such troubled times, it would be a sin not to.

"I f*cking hate this," he commented to no one in particular, "Our plans a shoddy at best. Let's just hope it all works out."

Voltar

Voltar nodded at Veric's remarked and looked over the man's shoulder at the pages he read, curious as to what the potential key the book possessed.

Veric

After an hour of working with Voltar and discussing the book's meaning, they had made great progress. They had learned that in order to change the properties of a soul, two powerful mages were needed. Luckily for them, that was exactly what they had. The process was extremely complicated, however, and seemed to be nearly impossible to pull off in a battle-type situation.

According to the book, both mages would need to be physically connected to the same soul gem. One mage would summon a daedra of adequate power (or not, if one just happened to be nearby) and cast a soul trap spell upon it. At the exact same time, the other mage would cast his own soul trap on the target whose soul would be altered (all utterings and phrases of the spell must be in unison). The first mage would proceed to slay the daedra, sending its soul into the gem, which should have been physically connected to both mages throughout the entire process. Thus, an indirect connection has been made between the daedra and the target through the conduit of the soul gem. Then, the target would need to be slain within the duration of the soul trap spell.

Veric leaned back in his chair.

"Since we cannot kill it, and we want to banish it to Oblivion instead, we will have to make some modifications to this process."
The Metal Mallet
Voltar

Voltar paused over the dilemma, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. An idea then popped into his head as his expertise in Conjuration surfaced.

"All we need to do is shatter the soulgem just as the teleportation spell hits the Silhouette. Their souls should merge together and thusly the Silhouette will be permanently tied to Oblivion as its soul would now contain daedric properties."

Amrita

Amrita nodded in agreement with her brother. The hasty withdrawal had made a mess of the remnants of the defending army.

"Let's find Flogir and see if we can get some organization going on here..."
Lord Revan

Issac

The Altmer followed Satyana's gaze. "Yes, that's them alright." Hastily, Issac checked that all of his gear was in place. "Shall we meet up with them then?" He asked with a slight grin. Hopefully this will go better than last time.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint saw that the group begun to move.
"anyway, let's talk on the way. I don't know much, but I do know that every moment we hang around, is one more moment we could have spent running." He said and grimaced.
"Or walking. Geez, we're not exactly the youngest anymore, Flogir. How do you cope with all the stuff we've been doing?"
Lord Revan
OCC: When's Veric going to zap the Silhoutte?

Kirana and Ian

When finally given a moment of privacy, inside the room that had once been reserved for the emperor's use, Kirana shut out the outside world. Ian needs to be in control when he breaks the news to the countess and Blades....

Ian's body crumpled on the volumous bed as Kirana disentangled herself from it. Had she still had lungs, Kirana would have gasped, if life was bliss then disembodiment was the briefest dive into a frozen hell. No sooner did the disorientation pass, then she went back to her task.
Kirana's essense blanket Ian's in a caress of warmth, rousing him. As he regained consciousness, his soul reconnected to his vacant physical shell. The ecstacy that accompanied having a body brought the vampire the rest of the way.

Ian jumped up, confused at the new surroundings. "We're in Cloud Ruler Temple, I apologize, but I took control of your body while you were out cold. And no, I didn't break or lose anything you'll miss later." The vampire sighed, relieved by the timely explaination.
"How long was I out and why are we at Cloud Ruler?" He asked, passing through the familiar room.

"Only an hour and a half, and I brought you here so we could tell Countess Carvain and the Blades that the refugees and remainder of the Morrowind-Bruman army are coming here." Kirana replied.

Ian arched an eyebrow, "Anything I should know before the meeting?"
"Issac and Satyana are alright, so is Flint, but I don't know about the others. The refugees are only bring what they can carry, no wagons or horses. And the Akaviri probably won't be snapping at their flanks as they arrive, the Silhoutte seems interested in the Imperial City for the time being."

"Very well," Ian replied. "It's reassuring we have some good news for the charming countess..."

Plys'Iea

Contrary to his great size, the alien did not eat the entire corpse, only the best pieces of musculature. Like most replitilians, Plys'Iea had slow metabolisms that allowed for one large meal to keep them healthy for extended durations.
Still, eating larger portions didn't contribute to fat, but was actually beneficial to a degree. While he hadn't seemed to notice anything but amusement from the Akaviri general, the disgust was not lost on him. We're all monsters underneath, even the 'civilized' humanoid races can't cover up all their animilism. Is it a curse my kind are more at peace with our primal nature than others?

While he liked Savirien well enough, the hunter had mutual disgust for hypocrites. He slipped into his native tongue and recited the first lesson of the first War Leader. "The blood of thousands cleansed our blind eyes, nothing can we trust but the strength of our own and lessons of old. Alliances are betrayed, debts are forgotten, and only undeniable supremacy can bring prosperity and ensure survival."

"A being only deserves what it can, and will, hold on to, whether it is life, wealth, pristige, or peace. Does anyone here deserve what they have, or are they all weak?" One of the nearby snakemen cocked his head in curiosity, unable to understand the alien's musings.
Silently, he marched to where his staff lay and ignored everything around him.
The Metal Mallet
QUOTE(jack cloudy @ Feb 14 2008, 05:01 PM) *

Flint Ironwood.

Flint saw that the group begun to move.
"anyway, let's talk on the way. I don't know much, but I do know that every moment we hang around, is one more moment we could have spent running." He said and grimaced.
"Or walking. Geez, we're not exactly the youngest anymore, Flogir. How do you cope with all the stuff we've been doing?"

Flogir

"I try to think about the booze I'll eventually get to drink once all this is done," he replied with a smirk. Flint and him finally met up with Issac and company.

"So, is everyone okay here? We need to keep moving soon, so I just wanna make sure," he asked the group.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint chuckled.
"Alcohol and running for my life. Yeah, that sounds like an accurate description of our lives right now." He said. He then grew serious however.
"I saw Rann and Amrita on the bridge earlier. They were going up against that big scaled monster as well as a sizable army of snakemen." He noted and shrugged.

"Normally, this would be where I say they're totally screwed, doomed and we'll never see them alive again." He forced a smile.
"But then I remember that the girl's been raised by a Telina mark two and Rann is the son of Rahvin. Oh, and didn't we see Rann come out of certain-death situations before? They're fine, I bet."

"As for everyone else. Root is dead, so we won't have to worry about him anymore. Ian, I don't know where he is. Knowing him, he could be either standing right behind me right now or be slipping poison in the Snake's commander's drink. Haven't seen Rahvin and Brianna in a while."
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Feb 7 2008, 01:01 AM) *

Voltar

Voltar paused over the dilemma, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. An idea then popped into his head as his expertise in Conjuration surfaced.

"All we need to do is shatter the soulgem just as the teleportation spell hits the Silhouette. Their souls should merge together and thusly the Silhouette will be permanently tied to Oblivion as its soul would now contain daedric properties."

Amrita

Amrita nodded in agreement with her brother. The hasty withdrawal had made a mess of the remnants of the defending army.

"Let's find Flogir and see if we can get some organization going on here..."

OOC: sorry I haven't been around much; been busy with work and school.

Veric

"That would work, in theory, but it would require some very precise timing on both of our parts."

He glanced at the book in his hands once more.

"If you can oversee the conjuration of the daedra, its soul entrapment, and the shattering of the gem, I can soul trap the Silhouette and cast the spell banishing it to Oblivion."

"I think we need another helper to distract the Silhouette; I doubt it will stand there idly while we go through this arduous process."

OOC: Dalrus would be a good choice for that helper, if Florodine is still active.

Rann

Rann nodded in agreement and with Amrita's help, they both pushed through the throngs of people towards the middle of the group where they happened upon Flogir and Flint.

"What's the plan?" he asked, skipping any greetings, "We're sitting ducks once the Silhouette decides to pursue."

His reddened eyes made his exhaustion obvious, but his constant fidgeting revealed the amount of adrenalin still pumping through his veins from the last fight.

Agent Griff
Dan, with the group of refugees

Dan found himself alone and confused after the snake-men retreated. He had gone into a battle high he had not experienced for quite some time. It was almost akin to the berserker rage some Nords experienced when going into battle. A frenzied state where most of your feelings go numb and you feel neither pain nor exhaustion. After the state goes away though, it leaves you like a wreck with little thought about what you just did or who you just killed.

It was good as a thing of the moment yet in the long run it didn't suit Dan at all since he used to have to rest for prolonged periods after such a high. During the high however, he was a force to be reckoned with, despite his age.

For the moment, he focussed on finding the others. He didn't really have friends yet during the fighting in the Imperial City the Dunmer Rann won some respect in Dan's eyes. Rann seemed to be one of the few who did not judge Dan because of the fact he couldn't speak. Dan found fear as a sign of recognition in most people, yet Rann was oddly enough of the few people whom Dan had ever looked up to.

Soon enough, after passing through crowds of fearful people, he saw the group all gathered together except for the mysterious Imperial vampire. Dan did not call out for them telepathically since he feared that his call might be more powerful than he thought and that it might frighten and unnerve the refugees.

Thus, Dan made his way silently towards the group. Only when he was right next to them did he actually greet them.

"I am glad to see that we are reunited once more. The battle with the serpents from across the sea was tiring, yet I am ready to go to any lengths to protect my homeland. What would you ask of me, lords?" Dan said, looking to no one in particular. In his eyes, that motley crew made up the commanders of the last force willing to stand against the Akaviri, in Cyrodiil at least.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint jabbed a thumb in Rann's direction.
"See, told ya they'd be fine." He laughed. Rann came straight down to bussiness and asked what the plan was. Before anyone could formulate an answer, they were joined by Dan who sent a telepathic greeting.
"I don't think I'm really a lord. As for what we're going to do, that was just what we were talking about." He answered. By the way, it's good to see you."

The Breton sighed.
"Well, obviously our plan involves running to this temple Ian mentioned and hoping we don't all get slaughtered on the way. But as for how we avoid any further skirmishes, I've got no real idea. Dropping some trees might work to slow down pursuers, but making traps costs time in most cases and after protecting the rafts and the battle on the beach, probably every noteworthy mage capable of knocking over a tree or somesuch is practically empty. So we can't recruit a couple of telekinetic lumberjacks either."
Lord Revan

Issac, the group

The altmer too a moment to study the others, noticing the ebbing adrenaline and/or exhaustion. "Ian's gone for now, and Karn is not among us either." Issac shrugged, "Knowing them and the Narza'Tai, they've all moved on to make the way ahead safer, if that answers you're concerns, Flint."

Then a man appeared and greeted them telepathically, Issac simply raised a bemused eyebrow. "There's no need for formalities here, sir. Even the few of us with aristocratic backgrounds don't qualify as nobility, not enough to make a difference anyway."
He gave the telepath an assuring grin and a nod. "With the Narza'Tai ahead of us, I think we should just try and keep up as best we can. Since their fast and mobile, not to mention assassins, they'll likely set up traps and ambushes themselves."
The Metal Mallet
Voltar

Voltar pondered on the choices avaliable to them, as he did he thought out loud.

"Well, I assume the best candidate would be some proficient with magic as the spells they would provide would likely be helpful in protecting us as we would be sitting ducks if the Silhouette notices us. We should also consider who is loyal to us to willing protect us with their life as I figure that someone without that loyalty will abandon us should the going get tough... That leaves very few options," he mused.

"I can only really think of three candidates: Rann, Dalrus, and Amrita. Dalrus would be the most useful due to her infinite tap on magic, but her loyalty is a bit unknown. I fear she just follows Rann's loyalty to us and nothing else. Rann, would definitely help us if we asked him, but the question mark remains about his abilities. He might not be able to protect that much. Amrita falls somewhere in between Dalrus and Rann as she is certainly capable of protecting us and appears to be loyal to us. We must've forget her background though... It might be ridiculous to say so, but she could betray us..."

Voltar finished with that, waiting to see what Veric thought of his analysis.

Flogir

Flogir nodded a greeting to Dan as he joined the group. As commander of the forces right now, everyone was looking to him for plans. Flogir ran a grimy hand through his hair.

"This is what I'm thinking; we're going to split the army into two sections, a Vanguard and a Rearguard. The Vanguard is going to be much smaller since the enemy is currently behind us. The role of the Vanguard is simply to pick the path we'll travel to Cloud Ruler and Bruma and to make sure any threats are taken care of. The Rearguard will be the rest of our forces, minus a few scouts that will be off to check our various surroundings for potential attempts of the Akaviri trying to cut us off. The Rearguard's role will be to protect the refugees, who will be the centre of our procession," he paused to let the information sink.

"Basically, we're just continuing out fighting retreat."
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint nodded.
"So the same thing we've been doing all the time, only this time without any convenient walls to prevent flanking." He replied, looking somewhat grim.
"If you don't mind, I volunteer for either scout duty or message relaying between the two groups. I may have lost some of my stealthiness with age, but I can still outjump a horse. If given a few minutes to recover first."
Agent Griff
Dan

Dan observed carefully as the commander of the host formulated a plan. During his days as a mercenary, Dan had travelled throughout all the expanse of the Jerall Mountains so he knew the region they were heading into like the back of his hand. He had been on both merchant trails, used to avoid bandits and other perils, and bandit tracks, used to follow and ambush said merchant caravans.

Since Dan had lent his sword to both groups in exchange for coin, he knew the area as a whole quite well. He was in a dilemma however whether to join the vanguard and lead the advance to Bruma through the paths he knew best or join the rearguard and assure that their rear would be well guarded from any Akaviri attacks. After thinking heavily for a few moments, he made up his mind.

"Commander, allow me to volunteer to lead the vanguard as a scout. I have travelled past this broken land many times in the past twenty years thus I have a knowledge of the wilderness few could best, except perhaps the Nord trackers living in the high Jeralls. Please, allow me this honour." Dan said telepathically, ensuring that all others heard his message so there would be no questions about his intentions.
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir turned to Flint. "If you choose to be a scout, you'll mainly be working with the assassins. I believe they'll be effective as scouts since they'll be able to quickly relay any dangerous we might come across. Are you okay with that?"

Flogir then nodded to Dan. "Of course you can be apart of the Vanguard. You're knowledge of this area will prove to be invaluable. You have that position. Go find the 21st regiment, for them and the 22nd will be apart of the Vanguard."
Florodine of Hlaalu
OOC: Yup still active

Dalrus, Escaping

The mages had done what they came for, they had lost a score or so, however, the majority had made it out alive, though most were scathed in some way or another. They had succeeded in reinforcing the flotilla defenders enough for them to get away. Dalrus would make sure she was the last to leave.

"Azari, tell everyone to leave," she shouted to an Argonian mage who specialized in telepathy. The old argonian nodded quickly in reply and sent the message to all the mages. However, this short bit of concentration cost her everything. A large Tsaeci cut her down and decapitated her. Dalrus watched in horror but angrily replied with an enormous lightning bolt which completely fried the Tsaeci. She looked around her, hundreds lay dead, thousands within the city were dead, this was a bad day for the empire. The largest battle ever was ending, and Cyrodiil was not the victor. Dalrus saw a small girl dead on the ground and could not help but cry a little. She sent blasts of frost in every direction and knew they reached their targets by the yelps the goblins made.

Dalrus turned around and a blast of fire hit her in the chest. She was thrown back but strangly felt no heat. She looked down at her chest and saw the fire absorbing into her skin. She felt an increase of magic, an overflow, she felt a high of power. She fired at the mage and he blocked her magical attack. She fired again and he blocked it with a shield. She smiled and fired off a barage of elemental attacks at the Tsaeci sorceror. He continued to hold off the attacks and Dalrus noticed that he was wearing a Tsaeci general emblem. He screamed out in the horrible tongue of the Snake-men, he was calling someone. Dalrus widened her eyes but continued to fire off attacks, at a more rapid rate. If this general was calling someone, who was it?

OOC: I would have Veric and Voltar come pretty quick, the Silhouette is about to come.
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Feb 17 2008, 05:13 PM) *

Voltar

Voltar pondered on the choices avaliable to them, as he did he thought out loud.

"Well, I assume the best candidate would be some proficient with magic as the spells they would provide would likely be helpful in protecting us as we would be sitting ducks if the Silhouette notices us. We should also consider who is loyal to us to willing protect us with their life as I figure that someone without that loyalty will abandon us should the going get tough... That leaves very few options," he mused.

"I can only really think of three candidates: Rann, Dalrus, and Amrita. Dalrus would be the most useful due to her infinite tap on magic, but her loyalty is a bit unknown. I fear she just follows Rann's loyalty to us and nothing else. Rann, would definitely help us if we asked him, but the question mark remains about his abilities. He might not be able to protect that much. Amrita falls somewhere in between Dalrus and Rann as she is certainly capable of protecting us and appears to be loyal to us. We must've forget her background though... It might be ridiculous to say so, but she could betray us..."

Voltar finished with that, waiting to see what Veric thought of his analysis

Veric

"We'll make do with what's made available, since we do not know what the situation is back in the city. I fear we've lingered here too long."

With that said, he scanned the book one more time, just to make sure the spell was committed to his memory.

"The time is now," he said, preparing to open a portal back to the Imperial Palace.

Rann

It seemed that everyone was finding their niche in the upcoming events, and Rann felt that his was in the Rearguard. Especially since there was a good chance of the Plys'Iea making an appearance.

"I'll see if I can help the Rearguard," he announced, walking back the way he came.

OOC: I don't really know what the Silhouette's army is up to. Are they giving chase right now, or are they occupying the city for a while to plan their next move?
Agent Griff
Savirien, on City Isle with the rest of the Tsaesci

The battle around him was drawing to a close. The main force of the Tamrielics was already retreating inland, through the forests to the North of the City, while a token force of mages was still holding back the brunt of the Akaviri forces on the Isle. They were skilled, Savirien gave them that, yet they were too few to truly change anything except for the lives the Akaviri spent trying to capture the Isle. It was an invaluable conquest however, as the main city of Tamriel was now mostly in the hands of the Akaviri forces.

As he looked on around him, he could spot one particular mage who seemed to lead the others, urging them on as the ring of Serpent warriors closed tighter and tighter around them.

That one is skilled, I admit, yet will she stand up to our leader? I've sated my appetite today however, let others slay the remaining mages. I've had enough of this damned city. After we conquer it, the Silhouette should raise a monument in honour of the fallen. They deserve that least.

Savirien however soon considered that his requests would fall on deaf ears. He did not know the Silhouette for his kindness and consideration. Still, this would have been a purely political matter pertaining to the discipline and morale of their troops. Knowing a monument would be raised in their memory if they themselves fell would make the warriors fight harder, at least in Savirien's opinion. It was something worthy of mentioning to the Silhouette. After the battle was over however.
Lord Revan
OCC: For now they aren't pursuing, but the Sil won't be about for much longer. Is it alright that the Plys'Iea wounds Voltar or Altair/Veric? Just a moment to late to stop them; them surviving would add a sense of personal loathing besides the fact they "killed" the Silhoutte on his watch?

Plys'Iea

The hunter had begun forming a new helmet, flexing an alien alloy after rendering it malleable seemingly with his own breath. As far as he was concerned his part in capturing the city was well over, having infiltrated it and soaking the Tamrielics with horror and paved the way for the invasion.

His large middle-fingers shaved a gap for his head in the cowl-like helmet. He paused halfway through the fifth stroke, feeling an intangible danger-sense. The hunter growled, rising from his crouch, placing his unfinished project on his waist.
He began patroling silenetly, convinced there was a greater threat than simple mages. His grip on his staff tightened in anxiety.

Issac

"I'll go with the civilians," Issac answered. "Having defenders beside them will help their morale." As a habit, he lightly stroked the hilt of his katana.
The Metal Mallet
Flogir

Flogir nodded to Issac and Rann. "Be off then. We shouldn't tarry." He looked to the rest of the group. "Any other requests, or shall I start assigning positions?"

Voltar

Voltar stood beside Veric, in his hand he held a grand soul gem, ready for instant use once their altercation with the Silhouette began. A faint smile crossed his lips. He felt quite certain that the Silhouette wasn't going to suspect this.
Dantrag
Veric

For appearance's sake, he transported himself and Voltar back to the Imperial Palace. As they emerged, it became obvious that the retreat had already begun and was for the most part, complete. They made their way past Akaviri patrols undetected until they came in sight of Dalrus, who was bravely covering her mage companions' exit. They stayed hidden, watching on while a high-ranking Akaviri soldier seemed to be calling someone. Or something. Veric could only hope that it was the Silhouette.

"Dalrus can be that help we needed," he said to Voltar, glad to have been so fortunate, "Just be ready when something happens."

He made himself visible then, and stood beside Dalrus in support.

"I can't tell you how glad I am that you're here," he said to her ignoring the tscaeci general standing in front of them, "It seems that everything is falling into place..."

Florodine of Hlaalu
Dalrus, City

"I could say the same thing about you," she said as she fired off more bolts of electricity, fire and frost. She looked over and saw Rann's friend Altair standing by her. Finally Dalrus stopped her bombardment and her hands turned a light blue, energy seemed to be sucked into her hand and finally she let out a scream, not of pain, but of concentration and a huge lightning bolt ripped through the Tsaeci shield and fried the general, who gave one last look of sheer disbelief before collapsing.

The Silhouette, Isle/Tower

All his opponents had either been slaughtered or retreated, he was master of the Empire all but some resistance in Bruma. The Colovian Highlands would fall in a weeks time to his massive army. Some of his generals were currently expressing their concern for a lack of men.

"My lord, we have lost too many men to take Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock, Morrowind, Elswyr, Valenwood and The Summerset Isles. With the state we are in now, we can only hold Cyrodiil and Blackmarsh, possibly another province." a high ranking Reaver said as he bowed low.

"My lord, he is right, we have an enormous army, but not enough to take the continent." A tsaeci commander shouted.

"Silencess," the Silhouette hissed from the shadows. Only his purple eyes were visible in the shadows and the room fell silent at his voice. "Another Akaviri army can be called upon, they are in the black marsh, waiting for my command" he said slyly. "Casualtiesss would not have been sso bad had our men fought better" he said with obvious superciliousness. "Fear not, it is only a matter of time until I personally kill all the leaders of this pathetic continent" he said as he stepped out from the shadows. Some of the men wree more wary now. He was at least seven feet tall and surrounded by black shadow substance which whisped around his body. No light could pierce the darkness and still his glowing purple eyes were visible through his hood.

"My lord," an argonian ran up to the council," there are three enemies outside, they won't leave and they are taking down some of the men. They killed Egandle" he sounded horrified. The Silhouette rolled his eyes and dissappeared in a whisp. He reappeared in the Green Emperor way, facing three mages who were surrounded by enemies. He smiled, this would be a fun kill.

OOC: It should be quite the fight, like all three of them fighting him, don't do the spell just yet, they want him to be completely occupied with her, plus I plan on doing considerable damage to the tower.
minque
QUOTE(Dantrag @ Feb 7 2008, 05:39 AM) *

Rahvin

"No, he's never had a mother," he answered, "Until now, of course."

In all honesty, he had no idea how Rann felt about Brianna. The boy was always unpredictable, and his opinions of people were no exception. He hoped that he would accept her, and judging from the first meeting between Rann and Brianna, it seemed that he didn't care either way.

Brianna's next question brought him out of his personal thoughts.

"I think you're right," he said as his eyes followed the direction in which Brianna was pointing.

Aerona

Aerona accepted the potion from Brianna with a thankful nod, but as soon as she became distracted with the notion of Satyana and Issac being ahead of them, she dumped out the bottle's contents on the ground beside her as they walked.

I wish people would just leave me alone.

She wasn't ungrateful of Brianna's kindness, but she wasn't entirely trusting of the woman, either. So many people had already offered her blood or advice on how she should feed, she didn't know who or what to believe, and quite frankly didn't care. in the absolute worst case, she would die.

Relief at last.

Rann

Rann shrugged and stuffed it in his belt right beside his katana. He wouldn't argue with free weapons. There was a short period of silence as they navigated the waters, heading towards the shore.

The raft finally beached, and Rann hopped off, stopping for a second to survey the situation. Ahead of them, a throng of soldiers and refugees walked in a large clump to the north. Cloud Ruler was their destination, he knew, he just hoped that whatever Imperial officials inhabited the place would allow such a group free entrance. In such troubled times, it would be a sin not to.

"I f*cking hate this," he commented to no one in particular, "Our plans a shoddy at best. Let's just hope it all works out."

Brianna

She noticed the vampire-girl dumping the potion she had gicen her, and sighed to herself. the girl didn't trust her, that was obvious and she didn't know how to convince her that she should.

"You don't trust me...yet, but I assure you you can! You'll see! I'll be there for you...and now I'll leave you alone until you decide to turn to me"

She touched Aerona's arm while thinking that, hoping the girl would got the message.

Without a word she took Rahvin's hend and squeezed it...

QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Feb 7 2008, 02:20 PM) *

Issac

The Altmer followed Satyana's gaze. "Yes, that's them alright." Hastily, Issac checked that all of his gear was in place. "Shall we meet up with them then?" He asked with a slight grin. Hopefully this will go better than last time.

Satyana

"Yes! Let's go, I'll stand by you, you know...til the bitter end...I'd like to get on speaking terms with Rannie" sh added
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Flint sighed.
"The assassins, eh? I honestly don't feel comfortable around them." he shrugged.
"But I'll manage."
Agent Griff
Dan, taking position

With a short nod to both the commander-in-chief and everyone else, Dan departed to look for the regiments he had just been assigned to lead. Dan had been in this position before, yet he had advanced in his station greatly. At first, he only had lowly mercenaries and poorly-trained bandits under his command yet, with time, Dan trained and led both forces according to his needs, and in relation to what group paid the most. If at first he served the merchants Dan, as any skilled mercenary should, soon changed sides and started selling his services to the bandits seeking to plunder said merchant caravans.

Thus, being familiar with both sides in this little-known conflict which raged across all of Cyrodiil, under the very noses of the Imperial Watch and the Legion, Dan earned a thorough knowledge of many areas, the Jerall Mountains among them.

Finally, something I can truly feel proud of. You've truly gone a long way Dan, from a lowly sellsword to an officer in a force fighting for the freedom of a whole province. The first step has been achieved, yet now come the real trials. Will I achieve success with my newly assigned troops? Or will I be merely one of the many little-known 'war-heroes' who sacrificed their lives for their country? Knowing myself, it will be all or nothing. With steadfast companions, of which I have many, and brave men under my command however, any outcome is possible.

With those inner meditations complete, Dan resumed his task of finding the two regiments among the disorderly mass of soldiers and refugees.
Lord Revan

-Karn-

More than half any hour passed before the sensei reached the rally point. Many assassins had already arrived, resting briefly from the break-neck march.

Karn nodded to many who glanced up at him, a silent" as you were." He climbed to the top of the embankment.
From the vantage point, the dunmer spotted more squads approaching.

With a *crack*, a sorceress appeared beaide him. "Sensei, the army and refugees are beginning their march." She reported.

"Just now? They're certainly procrastinating." Karn muttered, "We rest for fifteen minutes before pressing on to Bruma."
Dantrag
QUOTE(Florodine of Hlaalu @ Feb 21 2008, 03:37 PM) *

Dalrus, City

"I could say the same thing about you," she said as she fired off more bolts of electricity, fire and frost. She looked over and saw Rann's friend Altair standing by her. Finally Dalrus stopped her bombardment and her hands turned a light blue, energy seemed to be sucked into her hand and finally she let out a scream, not of pain, but of concentration and a huge lightning bolt ripped through the Tsaeci shield and fried the general, who gave one last look of sheer disbelief before collapsing.

The Silhouette, Isle/Tower

All his opponents had either been slaughtered or retreated, he was master of the Empire all but some resistance in Bruma. The Colovian Highlands would fall in a weeks time to his massive army. Some of his generals were currently expressing their concern for a lack of men.

"My lord, we have lost too many men to take Skyrim, Hammerfell, High Rock, Morrowind, Elswyr, Valenwood and The Summerset Isles. With the state we are in now, we can only hold Cyrodiil and Blackmarsh, possibly another province." a high ranking Reaver said as he bowed low.

"My lord, he is right, we have an enormous army, but not enough to take the continent." A tsaeci commander shouted.

"Silencess," the Silhouette hissed from the shadows. Only his purple eyes were visible in the shadows and the room fell silent at his voice. "Another Akaviri army can be called upon, they are in the black marsh, waiting for my command" he said slyly. "Casualtiesss would not have been sso bad had our men fought better" he said with obvious superciliousness. "Fear not, it is only a matter of time until I personally kill all the leaders of this pathetic continent" he said as he stepped out from the shadows. Some of the men wree more wary now. He was at least seven feet tall and surrounded by black shadow substance which whisped around his body. No light could pierce the darkness and still his glowing purple eyes were visible through his hood.

"My lord," an argonian ran up to the council," there are three enemies outside, they won't leave and they are taking down some of the men. They killed Egandle" he sounded horrified. The Silhouette rolled his eyes and dissappeared in a whisp. He reappeared in the Green Emperor way, facing three mages who were surrounded by enemies. He smiled, this would be a fun kill.

OOC: It should be quite the fight, like all three of them fighting him, don't do the spell just yet, they want him to be completely occupied with her, plus I plan on doing considerable damage to the tower.

Veric

Veric moved a bit closer to Dalrus and whispered in her ear, "Voltar and I have discovered a way to banish the Silhouette, but it's a complicated process. We need your abilities to keep him occupied while we prepare the spell."

As the Silhouette appeared, Veric scanned the shadowy figure from top to bottom. It truly was a unique creature; Veric almost felt a twinge of guilt for what he was about to do. All of that power was about to be wasted in the bleak plane of Oblivion.

QUOTE(minque @ Feb 22 2008, 05:15 PM) *

Brianna

She noticed the vampire-girl dumping the potion she had given her, and sighed to herself. the girl didn't trust her, that was obvious and she didn't know how to convince her that she should.

"You don't trust me...yet, but I assure you you can! You'll see! I'll be there for you...and now I'll leave you alone until you decide to turn to me"

She touched Aerona's arm while thinking that, hoping the girl would got the message.

Without a word she took Rahvin's hend and squeezed it...

Aerona

Brianna's gesture did make Aerona realize her good intentions, but it didn't change her opinions in the least. She still refused to feed on blood and disgrace Arkay and the other Divines any further.

An approaching figure caught her attention then, and she pointed it out to Rahvin and Brianna, "Isn't that Rann?"

Rann

As Rann made his way back to the rear of the group of escapees, he noticed a group of familiar faces. When he finally came close enough to them, a smile was visible on his face. He was relieved to find how many of his friends were indeed still alive. The only ones he had not accounted for were Dalrus, Satyana, and Issac. While Dalrus had saved him recently, that had been back on the City Isle. He prayed to any god that would listen for her safety.
minque
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Feb 20 2008, 11:34 PM) *

Issac

"I'll go with the civilians," Issac answered. "Having defenders beside them will help their morale." As a habit, he lightly stroked the hilt of his katana.

Satyana

She smiled at him....
"C'mon then" she whispered...

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Feb 28 2008, 02:19 AM) *

Aerona

Brianna's gesture did make Aerona realize her good intentions, but it didn't change her opinions in the least. She still refused to feed on blood and disgrace Arkay and the other Divines any further.

An approaching figure caught her attention then, and she pointed it out to Rahvin and Brianna, "Isn't that Rann?"

Rann

As Rann made his way back to the rear of the group of escapees, he noticed a group of familiar faces. When he finally came close enough to them, a smile was visible on his face. He was relieved to find how many of his friends were indeed still alive. The only ones he had not accounted for were Dalrus, Satyana, and Issac. While Dalrus had saved him recently, that had been back on the City Isle. He prayed to any god that would listen for her safety.

Brianna

"Yes....ehh oh yes it must be him" Brianna smiled at Aerona. "Come. let's go over there" She just took Aerona's hand and approached her son

"Rann! Thank all Divines..you're safe and....sound"

I wonder.....the girls..where are they?

Brianna turned and gave Rahvin a big smile..

What if we could be a family at last?
Lord Revan
OCC: Perhaps we could do with more intimate dialogue during the brief journey.....

Issac

He returned Satyana's smile with a confident grin of his own. Issac threw his rucksack back over his shoulder and took a deep breath. "Here goes everything," he muttered quietly, enough that only Satyana could hear.

He took Satyana's hand, leading them both off to the main body of civilians.
Florodine of Hlaalu
Dalrus, Green Emperor Way

"I'll do my best," she said in a very unsure voice. "Let's just do this" she said swallowing. She looked over at Veric and Voltar and then looked back at the Silhouette. Finally she composed herself and made the first move. She charged forward and fired off a basic immolating blast of fire. Seconds after uttering this she fired electricity and then ice. She then said a shield spell, all within a few seconds, never had she shot off spells so quickly. She only hoped the Silhouette would be preoccupied by three excellent mages and would not be able to make short work of any of them.

The Silhouette, Green Emperor Way

The Silhouette was surprised by the young mage's quick attack but none of this surprise showed and he simply put up his hand and a purple orb appeared in his palm. All the attacks hit here and were sucked in, just as quickly he whipped the orb towards Voltar and shot off a blast of green plasma towards Dalrus. He said nothing while these spells went off, they would be incredibly complex to some, but to him, they were simple.

"Tamriel's finest, come to challenge Nirn's finest hmm?" he mused at them
Lord Revan

Plys'Iea

The hunter watched the spectacle in his periphary as he slowly crawled to flank the challenging mages. He would watch and wait, if this got out of hand he would strike the mages whilst they focussed on the Silhoutte. For now, he was obliging the war leader to enjoy his own fight.
The Metal Mallet
Voltar

Voltar threw up a reflect shield just as the orb reached his. The spell bounced off the barrier and was sent hurtling away. He then sent a powerful blast of lightning to strike at the Silhouette's feet, hoping the blasting of the ground underneath the creature would cause it to stumble or the debris would blind it briefly.

He glanced at Veric, who had returned to his Altair form, and waited for the signal to summon a daedra.
jack cloudy
Flint Ironwood.

Since he was still waiting for his magicka to restore itself, Flint took the time to pick a few herbs from the wayside. He cringed as he put the plants in his mouth and chewed on a few errant thorns.
"It's not much, but better than nothing."

He looked over his shoulder at the city. It was too far to make out, but he could make out bursts and flashes.
"Hmm, either there is a mage out there who refused to escape, or the Akaviri have a bit of a mutiny among themselves. I hope the latter, though that is the more unlikely option."
Dantrag
QUOTE(The Metal Mallet @ Mar 7 2008, 01:51 AM) *

Voltar

Voltar threw up a reflect shield just as the orb reached his. The spell bounced off the barrier and was sent hurtling away. He then sent a powerful blast of lightning to strike at the Silhouette's feet, hoping the blasting of the ground underneath the creature would cause it to stumble or the debris would blind it briefly.

He glanced at Veric, who had returned to his Altair form, and waited for the signal to summon a daedra.

Veric/Altair

In response to Voltar's questioning glare, Veric shook his head. He didn't want the Silhouette getting wise to their plan so early on. He also did not want him or Voltar to appear more powerful than Dalrus, no matter if they were or not; he wanted the Silhouette completely and utterly occupied with Dalrus when they started the process.

Altair hurled a spell of blindness towards the Silhouette, closely followed by a fireball. Both spells were crafted purposefully to be weaker than any of Dalrus'. Veric planned on making it subtly clear to the Silhouette that Dalrus was the real power to focus on here.

His banishment would be so much more surprising.

QUOTE(minque @ Mar 5 2008, 05:57 PM) *

Brianna

"Yes....ehh oh yes it must be him" Brianna smiled at Aerona. "Come. let's go over there" She just took Aerona's hand and approached her son

"Rann! Thank all Divines..you're safe and....sound"

I wonder.....the girls..where are they?

Brianna turned and gave Rahvin a big smile..

What if we could be a family at last?

Rann

"Yeah, I keep doing that somehow," he quipped, trying to stay a tiny bit lighthearted despite the dismal situation they were in.

"I'm going to join the rear guard I think," he said, getting down to business, "I don't know if one has already been formed or if Flogir wanted someone to organize one, but in either case, I'm going if any of you want to join."

Aerona

"I'll come along," she said, leaving Brianna's side to stand next to Rann.
minque
QUOTE(Lord Revan @ Mar 5 2008, 11:20 PM) *

OCC: Perhaps we could do with more intimate dialogue during the brief journey.....

Issac

He returned Satyana's smile with a confident grin of his own. Issac threw his rucksack back over his shoulder and took a deep breath. "Here goes everything," he muttered quietly, enough that only Satyana could hear.

He took Satyana's hand, leading them both off to the main body of civilians.

Satyana

"Dearest, I don't know if we will survive, so please my love can't we just.....make the best of the situation and pretend we really will have a future together?" She held his hand tightly, she was afraid, she felt that she did not want them to perish, she wanted peace and to make some kind of future together with this man....

"I love you Issac" she whispered so only he could hear

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Mar 19 2008, 05:53 PM) *

Rann

"Yeah, I keep doing that somehow," he quipped, trying to stay a tiny bit lighthearted despite the dismal situation they were in.

"I'm going to join the rear guard I think," he said, getting down to business, "I don't know if one has already been formed or if Flogir wanted someone to organize one, but in either case, I'm going if any of you want to join."

Aerona

"I'll come along," she said, leaving Brianna's side to stand next to Rann.

Brianna

"I ...I will join you, if I may? She looked from Rann to Rahvin, unsure how they would react...She loved them both....
Lord Revan

Issac

He was silent for a few moments as they walked on. While it might appear that Issac hadn't heard, it was the opposite. The altmer simply didn't have words to truly express his own love at the time.

When they passed the crowd's edge, he finally turned to his lover. Issac took Satyana's other hand firmly, gaze locked with her eyes. "Then we shall not pretend," he replied.

"As long as we're together, in health, pain, or affliction, we have a future, Satyana." Issac said with great conviction.
jack cloudy
Sinyaramen Fenasim, Cloud Ruler

Sin threw his hands up in the air.
"There! All books back at their normal dimensions. Are you satisfied now?" He growled at the Blade who simply shrugged and pointed at the door.
"Now clear out, old man! Clear out before I throw you out." The man snapped.

Sin merely rolled his eyes as he grabbed his cane.
"And that calls itself the continent's finest. As soon as an invasion occurs, the whole supposed elites become downright rude and hostile to anything not wearing their shining armour." He muttered to himself, yet loud enough to be heard by the Imperial.
"Hey! Watch your tongue, Altmer! This invasion you speak of just happens to be the largest since the damned Oblivion crisis and we all know how messed up the world was after that! Now get out!"

Sin flashed a smug smirk.
"Oh, I see. You are scared, aren't you? If it's that serious, then why are you kicking out those who can't defend themselves? Why? Why am I not allowed to cower behind these walls with the rest of you?" He asked nonchalantly. The Blade glared but did not answer.
"Of course. The reason is probably that I'm wasting perfectly fine rations. That, or you consider one old man to be a cheap sacrifice." Sin added. He slowly hobbled out of the door.
"Well, don't be afraid you'll starve. I won't be the one to eat your rations. In fact, I'll leave, isn't that nice? Oh, but I do have to warn you."

The Altmer stopped in the hallway and looked over his shoulder.
"If things are really as bad as you say, no doubt some cities have been sacked already. You may be able to force a single crippled old man to leave, but can you do the same to thousands of civilians? Women, children? When is the limit reached where you can no longer call it a sacrifice, but a betrayal?" Sin chuckled and continued down the hallway, leaving the perplexed Blade behind.
Dantrag
QUOTE(minque @ Mar 19 2008, 03:58 PM) *

Brianna

"I ...I will join you, if I may? She looked from Rann to Rahvin, unsure how they would react...She loved them both....

Rann

Rann shrugged, "You don't have to ask me, you know. I did offer."

Rann thought that he was merely pointing out the obvious, but a warning glare from his father made him realize that he might have seemed very rude just then. Rann didn't really care; Brianna was his mother by blood only. It wasn't that he disliked her or refused to give her a chance (quite the opposite, actually), it was just that he hadn't spent more than a few minutes with her before.

Rahvin

"I think I'll see if I can be of any use at the front," he said then with the intent of allowing Brianna some time with her son.

He kissed Brianna good-bye and gave Aerona and Rann a small wave before heading in that direction.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.