Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your type of MW weapon
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Older Games
Bolzmania
Hello, what's your type of weapon? Mine is a Daedric Dai-Katana. (Please say what material it's made of)

//Daedroth
treydog
Trey (the character) had a strong preference for the bow. Of course, he also used long blades.... But overall, he preferred to stay far away from his opponents.
jack cloudy
Claymore is the only way to go for me. I dunno, but for some reason I always need a BFS in order to feel like a man.

The Dai-Katanas look neat, but too flimsy-looking for me. A Claymore has a wider blade, which is probably why I prefer it over the Dai-katana.

And I also love the havoc you can create with a Claymore. Overhead chopping to the max!
LadySaira
Bow has always worked well.
Why be touched when killing from afar is just as easy?
Hypedupturtle
I use the sword High Ordinators carry. Its the something Scimitar. Sorry, I cant remember the name other than that.
milanius
What can I say, I overcompensate... certain things... with a 2-hander. *shrug*
The Metal Mallet
Since I am the killer in the night; I preferred daggers and short blades. Daedric of course due to the fact that they looked sweet and dealt some nice damage for a small weapon.
Ethelle
Longsword. No matter whet type of character I play, they always know how to wield a longblade, even my stealth- and magic characters.
mirocu
Voted Axe (Nordic Silver)

My Nord, who btw lives on Solstheim, prefers the axe over other weapons. He does however have a spear (self-enchanted ebony) which he uses in emergency situations.
Kiln
My favorite MW weapon was probably the silver dagger or steel shortsword. I liked the less flashy stuff and played "poor" characters often.
Darkness Eternal
A silver spear, of course.
Elisabeth Hollow
Shortsword or hand to hand, depending on the enemy.
Callidus Thorn
Another 5 year old thread brought back by Mirocu. Makes me wonder if there's some military force on the forum, you know, "leave no thread behind." biggrin.gif

I was always partial to either shortswords (jinkblades!) or staves in Morrowind. Back then they had proper staves for mages, not like you get now... sad.gif
ghastley
My turn to necro. biggrin.gif

Silanu naturally wants me to mod in a riding crop, but she's using a mix of magic and long blade while she's waiting for me to do that. Diablita is using a spear (just because I've not used one before) and finding it needs "always use best attack" to be viable, but then it's fun.

Low level archery seems futile, and I suspect you need to roll a character with that in mind, and an initial skill level that lets you not miss every time. Both characters use magic for ranged attacks.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Ooh! Khajiit likes this thread! This one has always been fond of spears but not every character can use them or things get stale. Khajiit has probably used all the weapons at one time or other. Would love to see a return of throwing weapons to the series. Throwing weapons combined with a revamped poison system could make for some interesting choices!
SubRosa
My most recent Morrowind character was Persephone, so I voted Claymore. Though characters in the past have used the longsword, the bow, and the war axe.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 8 2016, 09:00 PM) *

My most recent Morrowind character was Persephone, so I voted Claymore. Though characters in the past have used the longsword, the bow, and the war axe.

Khajiit LOVES the Ice Blade of the Monarch. It is probably this ones favorite two handed, non spear weapon.
mirocu
Since it´s necroed I might add that my character also uses a bow smile.gif
SubRosa
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 8 2016, 10:39 PM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 8 2016, 09:00 PM) *

Khajiit LOVES the Ice Blade of the Monarch. It is probably this ones favorite two handed, non spear weapon.

Persephone started with a Silver Claymore, but eventually switched to Umbra.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 9 2016, 04:47 PM) *

Persephone started with a Silver Claymore, but eventually switched to Umbra.

Yes Umbra was really nice too. It always baffled Khajiit why Beth decided to make it a one handed weapon in Oblivion.
ghastley
I've been trying to get into throwing weapons, because the later games don't have them, but the lack of supply is an issue. There are a few vendors who sell a re-stocked supply, so I guess I'll have to exploit those. Does the "sell them back to boost the restock quantity" glitch still work?
mirocu
Never played around much with throwing weapons. Tried them, but generally I don't like to throw my weapons away tongue.gif
ghastley
You've been listening to Maiq, haven't you? tongue.gif
RaderOfTheLostArk
I usually used a long blade, and that is what I normally use for RPGs. But when I got a hold of it later on and completed the main quest, it was Sunder all the way. It is so OP and it is just fun smacking people around with it, not to mention how incredibly useful it is on higher difficulties.
ghastley
Diablita naturally prefers the pitchfork. But you can't have one yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.