Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To Heir is Human III Planning 1
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Dantrag
Well, I did a little digging in my PM inbox and rediscovered a plan Shogunsniper and I came up with a long time ago for Part 3. I like this idea a lot, as it takes a lot of things we've put into the plot and makes sense out of them. Such as the three kids' importance, and Veric's reason for wanting to become emperor. It also creates a pretty dark setting, which I like. Anyway, just read:

Veric's purpose in becoming sole ruler of the empire is a very selfish one. He learned that in the foundation of the White Gold Tower is a magical power source that only the ruler of Tamriel can even use. Its existence has been forgotten, but it grants the Emperor the ability to exert complete control over his subjects. At least those subjects who have sworn an oath of allegiance. As soon as those subjects swear the oath, they give up their free will to Altair, or Veric.

The twist is that this power also extends to the dead. Everyone that ever swore an oath to past Emperors (blades, guards, etc.) can now be used in Veric's evil plots.

After a long period of peace, Veric will come to power, and soon after, undead armies will start popping up as they will become Veric's main force. He will probably also create a special police force of some kind to force people to swear the oath.

The three kids (Satyana, Amrita, Rann) are important because they have the power to break Veric's hold on those that have sworn the oath.

The heroes will be content for a while, as there will be a long period of peace, but soon they will realize that something has gone horribly wrong. They will probably be forced into exile until they figure out about Rann, Amrita, and Satyana's ability to break the curse. So they will start underground resistance, etc. until they finally overthrow Veric.

That's my (and Shogun's) idea.
jack cloudy
I like that idea. It also gives Flint a chance to return. (Who is there to say that the effects are only visible in Cyrodiil?)
Olen
What about the snakemen? Or do we assume they scattered and died?

Otherwise sounds good.
Channler
Thats cool.. I'll hop on.. Def be active till at least may 9th.. lol

Sounds good though.
The Metal Mallet
I'm down. I suspect that Agrippa would personally lead this "special police force" you speak of.

Hopefully my idea of the Home Guard doesn't get turned down. I think it would be cool to have a bit of a subtle rivalry going on within the Imperial City.
Lord Revan

Hey, Cloudy, do you want to keep controlling Vasha and help out with the Narza'Tai a bit?
Dantrag
QUOTE(Olen @ Apr 24 2008, 07:26 PM) *

What about the snakemen? Or do we assume they scattered and died?

Otherwise sounds good.

I was going to have them create a secret alliance with Veric if Agent Griff was around to give consent. (He plays the general of the snakemen)

On another note, when do you guys want to put up the playground?
jack cloudy
I wouldn't mind to pick up Vasha again. I don't know if she would count as NPC or PC though. In last rp, she was more like a hybrid. Reminds me of Odrik the Siegemaster.

As for when the playground goes up. I'm ready to go at anytime.
minque
Ok, here I am again...(been away for a few days) So Satyana will be an important charachter now..hmmm suits me fine! But I still wish to involve Brianna a tiny bit.....After all...she's their mother
jack cloudy
Well I suppose that Altair would think of an excuse to keep Rahvin and Brianna close. After all, they are the parents of Rann and (in Brianna's case) the other siblings. That alone should hold his interest, with the prophecy and all.

If not that, Rahvin and Brianna could stick around to keep an eye on the kids. Perhaps they're trying to fix the gap that has grown between Rahvin and Sathyana and Issac?
minque
Brianna and Rahvin will live a quiet life to start with. They need to consolidate their relation, to develop it, because there has been so many obstacles during the time. Now at least they have a life together...hopefully life will let them have just that!

Satyana and Issac are married apparently and that is exactly what I was planning as well!! biggrin.gif

They are working on the relations to Brianna and Rahvin...and Satyana still have hope for a reconciliation with Rann, her beloved brother... huh.gif
The Metal Mallet
I'm good to go whenever. My week break has begun so as long as I'm not at work or a concert, I should be available.
Florodine of Hlaalu
looks good...Yeah I plan on having Agrippa despise Flogir, not like open hostility, but they really see eye to eye on absolutely nothing. He will be the leader of the Secret Police who will root out "Anti-Republic scum" which is anyone who does not support Veric.

Dalrus and Rann will, of course, start going out and Dalrus is one of the most powerful/influential people in the Empire, besides Veric, along with Voltar because the three of them are famous for their epic magic duel. Dalrus is also leader of the mages guild and I think I will have her work with Karn later on helping the people, if you think that's okay Revan?
jack cloudy
Hmm, lessee.

At the start, Flint will be working with Odrik on developing a new kind of Siege engine specifically designed towards defending a city from massive armies. I think he'll exchange letters with Flogir on the project. Seeing as how Flogir is the captain of the Home Guard, he would be very interested in it. Flint faces slight pressure from Aggrippa (who I bet would rather see the Home Guard absorbed into his Legions), but nothing major so he doesn't really hate the man.

Flint does not know about Flogir's interactions with the Narza'Tai. If he knew of it however, it would not harm his friendship with Flogir. He would not approve of it, but he realizes that if it works, it works.

As for Sorian, he could go in all directions really. Just as with Flint at the start of THIH 1, he is neutral and can be taken in by both Agrippa and the people. It really just depends on it. One quick word about 'scum living in villages and preying on traveling merchants' could put him under Aggrippa's thumb, without realizing the truth. On the other hand, I don't see what use Aggrippa would have for him. He is nothing special, just a self-proclaimed hero.
Lord Revan

I have no qualms with anyone interacting with the Narza'Tai, since POS is not available at the moment, it's either myself or Cloudy that show the Narza'Tai side of the story.

Dalrus can help the people the Narza'Tai are helping. Their magically inclined members will be concentrated in a few places due to their lack of quantity.
I remember making Vasha and her comrades to give the Narza'Tai a few faces other than Karn and Patholos, now whatever they become is largely up to you. Ask any questions you need about how the 'Tai have changed since the war you need, Jack. smile.gif
The Metal Mallet
The letters between Flogir and Flint definitely work for me. He'd certainly be interested in that. I'm also glad to see that Florodine and I are on the same terms about how Flogir and Agrippa will interact.

I suppose that since Flogir looks after the protection of The Imperial City, he'll be involved in any meetings involving the Council?
jack cloudy
Hmm, ok. First questions on the Tai. (Tai...hmm...does that mean they eat Thai food? laugh.gif )

The trademark 'poof of smoke' teleportation, can every Narza'Tai do that (implying it comes from an enchanted ring or other small object), or is it something only the few mages can do?

Also, the protection of outlying settlements. How exactly do you imagine that? Do they ambush Legion patrols who come too close? (Sounds bad, as that would draw Aggrippa's attention) I'm afraid I'm a bit confused on the matter.
Lord Revan
During the war the teleportation was strictly just the magical members, but since then members can teleport to a point where a mage has set a Narza'Tai "mark" spell.

The mages can teleport freely, but normal assassins are restricted to a few points (which tend to be strategically placed near protected settlements or gathering places).

As for their protection, early on the Narza'Tai would kill the legionaires who tried to take advantage of the settlers (before the legion had a real leader).
Now they don't kill (most of the time) they simply ambush the offenders, steal back and otherwise dish out justice, which entirely up to the assassins involved.

Any military action attemtped is normally intercepted and the survivors are sent back minus their equipment. Eventually it was realized that it wasn't worth wasting resources on the Narza'Tai's territory since they were so modile.

Mostly the Narza'Tai function like the old legion's foresters, keeping dangerous creature populations under control, and rooting out bandits and raiders.
The Narza'Tai are so experienced on this land now that they always choose the battlegrounds and the legion can't fight effectively (think about a Vietnam kind of situation for the legions). So yes, they have the good general's eye, but I don't think Altair would let him waste assets when there are easier targets to extort, for now at least.
jack cloudy
Ah, ok. That clears up a lot. Thanks.

Next question, though this is more of a general one. Who gets to open the playground thread? It looks to me that we are all set to get started. All of the still active rp-ers from last time have posted their characters, so all cleared to go.
minque
Oh..I'll post Brianna-revamped later...but I think Danny will start? Or Jackie.....or was it Revie? jeez I dunno....I know how to start Satyana anyway....hehe tongue.gif
jack cloudy
Heh, I guess I'll be the one to kick this one off.

Let's go! CCCHHHAAAANGGEE GETTER...ONE!!! SWITCH...ON!!!!

Eh, oops. Wrong show. tongue.gif
Fuzzy Knight
Think I'm going to give this one a go. Will post character later smile.gif
minque
QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ Apr 26 2008, 10:42 PM) *

Think I'm going to give this one a go. Will post character later smile.gif

Ahhh Fuzzy!!!! great! Welcome back.....jeeez I've missed you sweetie!
Olen
Are there any specific plans on how the characters will be brought back together? I was wandering what the best way to write Indor in would be.
jack cloudy
Not at the moment, for as far as I know.

I think that at the moment we're still setting the stage. Once we've determined what everyone is up to, then we can go and start the real story.

As for Indor he might run into the Plys'Iea or some Narza'Tai while out in the countryside.

Edit: Nevermind, I had the wrong character in mind. Countryside stuff sounds more like it belongs to Fuzzy's character. For Indor, perhaps he's trying to make Altair sponsor his research?

Speaking of the Plys'Iea, he was the helmeted being at Pell's Gate, right? If so, that's awfully close to Cyrodiil. Oh, I can see a conspiracy-theory growing. biggrin.gif
Fuzzy Knight
Think I understand the role of the Narza'Tai, but does the Legion still function and where do they stand in all of this? And the Home Guard mostly protects the Imperial City and the other villages in Cyrodiil?

Anyway, my character running into the Narza'Tai sounds good for me.
Lord Revan

Yes that was the Plys'Iea, he's just doing what he did during the siege: making people afraid. And he isn't working for anyone at the moment, he's the only unbiased character, he hates everyone, only some more than others. smile.gif

We're just starting and wek?e already got a plot twist! wink.gif
The Metal Mallet
QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ Apr 27 2008, 10:51 AM) *

Think I understand the role of the Narza'Tai, but does the Legion still function and where do they stand in all of this? And the Home Guard mostly protects the Imperial City and the other villages in Cyrodiil?

Anyway, my character running into the Narza'Tai sounds good for me.

The Home Guard just looks after the Imperial City. Flogir indirectly helps out other villages by tipping off the 'Tai on possible Legion activities. If you ever read Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series, the Home Guard is basically the First File of TES.
Agent Griff
Dantrag (almost called him Rann there smile.gif) suggested that the Akaviri should make some sort of secret pact with Veric, giving him their allegiance. Since one of my characters (Savirien) is the current leader of the snake-men, I concur. It would be only natural for them to follow one whom they would perceive as the most powerful in the land, now that the Silhouette is gone.

Besides, not many of the Akaviri really liked the Silhouette, he inspired more dread in them than he did loyalty. Of course, loyalty can come from fear just as well as it can come from compassion.
Florodine of Hlaalu
well they liked him, afterall the Silhouette was their champion, but he was very demanding, and they were more attracted to his power than his benefits.
Soulseeker3.0
Well, because undead armies can be pretty fun to bludgeon one's way through, this looks like fun. smile.gif Yes, I'm here, and I know, shucks. If anyone is in the need of a sword slinger to act as a body guard or whatnot and wants throw me into the fray, please, go for it. I find that getting into things is the hardest thing.

I can RP Amili as wandering through town looking for a job.
The Metal Mallet
Oh yea, Jack. I'm going to have Flogir get the messenger pigeon after the council meeting and the private chat with Agrippa. I shall not be forgotten!
Agent Griff
Well, you would know better Florodine, but at least from my character's viewpoint, the Silhouette was admired for his strength, power and unwavering will.

Anyway, give me the word Dantrag, and the snake-men will exit the marshes and go out of hiding, openly declaring themselves.
jack cloudy
That's nice to hear, Mallet. smile.gif

Anyway, Sorian has worked himself into trouble. Now I've had some pm-ing going on with Fuzzy, but so far we haven't found a proper conclusion yet. Griff has volunteered to help as well, as did Soulseeker. (Although in Soulseeker's case I'm not sure. Amili is according to her profile in Cyrodiil after all, not Chorrol.)

So my question is this. What should happen to Sorian? Should he be saved someone else (Dan or Savras) , should he miraculously defeat both guards with style? (Please, don't make him win.) Or should he get beat up and tossed in jail? For that matter, should he lose his sword?
Fuzzy Knight
Savras himself have no plans on having his weapons confiscated if he is staying in Chorrol as he doesn't care about such rules. Maybe we could just beat up the guards and head for Hackdirt, the small settlement which ain't that far south from Chorrol - that way Savras could meet up and get to know the Narza'Tai and maybe get involved with them and stuff.
jack cloudy
That sounds good enough. Sorian won't like it too much, but he is being forced to fight pretty much. As long as the guards aren't killed, it's fine.

Shall we wait till Griff says his word before moving on?
Fuzzy Knight
Yeah let's wait smile.gif
ucandelicious
so can anyone help me place my character into this rp? i dont have much of an idea of what to really do... seing as how everyone is all over the place.... anyones character in the imperial city? i dont try to make my characters all 'drifter' like, but i wouldnt know how to approach the city in its current state...
Soulseeker3.0
Jack, Fuzzy, as suggested by Jack, I could have Amili be running an errand (for the fighter's guild perhaps) and could stumble upon the scene. Now that I'm thinking, that could prove to be a non violent alternative to beating up the guards and while Savras might not like it, Sorian might.

Ps. Jack, please disregard my PMs. All they will be is confusing.
Fuzzy Knight
Every option is alright to me, although Savras doesn't give compassion about laws and regulations he would simply like to avoid the guards more than anything unless they try to take his weapons laugh.gif

So you guys can just go ahead and post, I'll just follow the flow and we'll see what happens. Savras will get to Hackdirt or any other settlement one time or another so he can learn about the Narza'Tai.
Agent Griff
I don't mind if Sorian makes off with Savras. Dan, after all, isn't the most compassionate individual out there, and he wouldn't care much for Sorian but he would like it if the guards weren't killed, or seriously wounded for that matter. I don't know how he would react if Savras, Sorian and the guards were to start fighting, however. I think he would join in and try to stop them from fighting.
minque
OK Revie! How do we get our love-birds into action? biggrin.gif

Danny, I'm going to make a "Brianna-post" in the nearest future, no strings attached.... wink.gif
Fuzzy Knight
Just wondering if we should use the reserved combat posting system thing we did a while back? So that everyone post reserved and then edit - as it's much easier for those involved to not post conflicting things or at the same time. You just simply wait til the guy above have edited his post then you post etc.
Olen
Jack - Is Sin still active and if so is he still in the IC? I can't see Indor running into anyone in the arcane university (though he might) and if Sin is active then Indor might try to find him simply because he's investigating magic.
minque
QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ Apr 29 2008, 09:39 PM) *

Just wondering if we should use the [i]reserved[i] combat posting system thing we did a while back? So that everyone post reserved and then edit - as it's much easier for those involved to not post conflicting things or at the same time. You just simply wait til the guy above have edited his post then you post etc.

I second that! It worked very good if I remember correct!
Soulseeker3.0
QUOTE(Fuzzy Knight @ Apr 29 2008, 01:39 PM) *

Just wondering if we should use the [i]reserved[i] combat posting system thing we did a while back? So that everyone post reserved and then edit - as it's much easier for those involved to not post conflicting things or at the same time. You just simply wait til the guy above have edited his post then you post etc.

I'll third (Minque beat me too it tongue.gif) that motion. it was very helpful in battles.

Mind you, you only need to post it if you are in the middle of the battle or are planning on getting into it. IE if some kid's in Leyawiin and the battle is in Chorrol, the guy in Leyawiin doesn't need to bother.

Hey, If it's cool I can have Amili question the guards as to what the hell happened, but I'll have to do it later (about a half hour or so) when I get home.
Florodine of Hlaalu
QUOTE(Olen @ Apr 29 2008, 07:48 PM) *

Jack - Is Sin still active and if so is he still in the IC? I can't see Indor running into anyone in the arcane university (though he might) and if Sin is active then Indor might try to find him simply because he's investigating magic.

Well Dalrus is Archmage, so he might run into her at the Arcane University.
Lord Revan
If the situation is permitting, Issac can arrive soon. He is a member of the Countess' Court, he also knows Dan. Perhaps he could nogotiate some compromise (even though the guards have been rouched up a bit). laugh.gif

As for Issac, he'll soon be on his way to Chorrol to notify Arriana Valga that he won't be able to work a representative for awhile. He also has some letters to pass along with the news.
Olen
Well Dalrus is Archmage, so he might run into her at the Arcane University.

Ok I'll leave him in the enterance until she returns.
Soulseeker3.0
Well... I think the guards are done. Now that they are in the minority anyhow. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.