Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Mystery Unleashed - Playground 2
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Role-playing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
minque
the previous

http://forums.waiting4oblivion.com/viewtopic.php?t=354
Fuzzy Knight
Arco looked at the Imperial as he moved for his sword, most of the zombies where dead now.. Arco fell down on his knees, he slowly moved his head against the huge wound in his broken arm. The Imperial Long Spear had gone right through his arm and the blood started appearing. Arco felt dissy but he shaked his head in confusion before leaning against the cold stone wall of the cathedral getting up on his feet...

He scanned around, without anyone else seeing it he saw a zombie walking around in the shadows around 30 feet away, Arco ignored the pain and rush off.. All there was to see was the little reflection of Arco's scimitar in the dark and a head came rolling out...
Channler
"DAMNABLE CREATIONS!" Falx roared, "What!? Has the temple now even abandoned us!? These were my men, MY RESPONSIBLITY!"

Falx stormed out of the temple... So much death was around
MerGirl
"Oh, fine!" Celia fumed. She mumbled, "You certainly didn't need my help." She surveyed the area around her, ignoring the moaning and slashing sounds coming from inside of the cathedral. Right now, her only concern was to find Serene. The others inside would need much more help than a healer could give at this point. She cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted again, "Serene! Where. Are. You!"

Not to mention, where was Acro? Did he already went in? She wasn't sure, but she felt more safe if Serene was with her...
Dantrag
edit : totally disregard this...
minque
Celia´s voice calling for her made Serene run towards where it came from, eager to help out, ..

"wonder if they´ll need some of my special-pain-killers?" she thought, knowing there were not many left in her backpack

Close to the cathedral she spotted some movement, it had to be her comrades, so she shouted:

"Celia!, Arco!, Jonacin!" as she rushed the remaining yards ....."Are you there?"
MerGirl
(OOC: Oh, I'm am so sorry, Fuzzy! I misspelled Arco's name this entire RP. :shocked: )

Celia heard Serene's shout from a distance, and hopped to her feet. Relieved, she yelled gleefully and waved like crazy, "Yes, yes, we're here! We might need your help! At the cathedral!"
minque
"Oh Celia! i´m right here"..Serene rushed to Celia and embraced her for a moment....."so glad to see you"

It was obvious that Arco could need a pain-killer, so she held one of her shimmering blue vials to his lips..

"come on Arco down with it"

She loked around after she´d more or less forced Arco to down the potion, and wondered what spells she should keep ready....the smell was putrid and nasty......she swallowed hard to avoid getting too nauseous
Fuzzy Knight
"Thanks..." Arco replied to Serene before looking at the Dunmer (Sel)

"Yeah... I'm Arco" he said as he looked at the wound, Serene's and Celia's healing had done well for his arm...

"And... Serene, thanks for the pain-killers.. But I could really need some healing, I'm rather used to all kind of pain" Arco said before starting going out of the cathedral, taking away all the blood and ashes from his face after the fighting...
Dantrag
"I'm Sel. Now lay down." he said.

He pointed at the altmer healer. "Thanks for sending me off on a wild goose chase. How was I supposed to know who Arco was?" he yelled. "And where the hell is my dagger" he yelled at no one in particular. He stopped though, and said. "Sorry, I...shouldn't have been so rude. being captured by a mage and fighting demons and zombies all in one day can be stressful. What are your names?" he asked, gesturing towards the imperial mage and the altmer healer.
Fuzzy Knight
"You can take my Daedric Dagger in the house we were in, if u cant find the way guess Jonacin can... I'm off for now" Arco said before jogging out into the rain against the Emporers Castle..
minque
"Arco!" Serene shouted, "here are some restoration potions, just in case" she handed him 2 small green vials....

Then she turned to Sel: "I´m Serene " she said "you seem not to feel very well, maybe you need some fortification?"

She took some green leaves from her backpack and offered Sel

"It´s just hackle-lo " she said, " chew them and they will give you some energy"
Channler
Falx sat down on a stone from a building not far from the Cathedral. Sure he had been fighting for the last 22 years of his life, but slaying not one, but numerous of his own comrades had taken a toll on him.

He might of felt a tear if it weren't raining so hard..
Aki
Fenris, who had been seemingly absent, arrived on the scene. His armor was a mess, and several burns marred his skin, electrical burns. In Fenris' mailed hand was a large stone head, like that of a Storm Atronach, except much bigger.

"Fawkin' ran into a Storm Monarch," he explained. "honoured user litterly came out of the wood-work, or stone-work as it were. Luckily, Nords have a good resistace to lightning magick..."

He dropped the head. "Seems i missed quite the party..."
Hukai The Wandering
Inside a dark room, a figure sat, absentmindedly tapping his fingers. The mage, Arcyatk stared at a small mirror much like the ones Sel had used. In fact, if not for it's small size, he could have easily used it for travel. Images of clashing monsters and knights filled the small, fragile mirror while he watched, smirking. Behind him, a dark figure slowly crept up, drawing a dark blade as it went. "What have you to report?" Arcyatk demanded, his voice now impaintent.

The dark figure knelt on one knee and bowed behind his sword, which he had drove into the ground. "My lord, the prisoner has escaped through the Mirrors." THe voice tha came from the shadowy figure was raspy, and had a tinge of a slurr to it.

The mage kept his silverly eyes watching the minute mirror as he replied. "I know fool, I'm the one who set him free...Tell me of the attack on the city."

The dark figure hissed softly, keeping his head bowed. "It is ongoing sire. The warriors are indeed strong and many from our side are falling." He paused, he the shadowed room silent before he continued in his scratchy voice. "Shall I...assist?"

"So be it.
MerGirl
There goes Arco. Again! Celia giggled, but swayed a bit, for she was getting more and more tired. I wonder how late it is? She yawned drowsily just as the Nord came in.

"Oh, hello, Mister Nord."

She suppressed another yawn as she turned to Sel and introduced herself, "And I'm Celia, a healer-in-training," she then pointed to the Nord, "and mister Nord here is named Fenris. He's really good at fighting and he has some kind of magic with his voice, yes he does."

She gave into the yawn, and stretched her muscles, hoping to wake herself up again. She glanced at the Nord. "You're so brave, Mister Nord, but do you need some healing potions or something?"
Aki
"Yeah, the burns aren't exactly pleasureful, " Fenris said with a smirk. "This town's really going to Oblivion.." he rumbled.
Dantrag
"Good to meet you all." Sel said, accepting the hackle-lo from Serene. "Serene, you're a mage, right? Well what was that black ball that sucked me up at the house? I've never seen any spell like it."
minque
Serene watched Sel as he nibbled the green leaves, and she hoped he would feel better afterwards

"The black ball would have been a soultrap of some kind, I´m not sure because I never have seen the like of it before" Serene said, " maybe you could tell me what it felt like when it happened to you?"
Aki
[quote=minque]Serene watched Sel as he nibbled the green leaves, and she hoped he would feel better afterwards

"The black ball would have been a soultrap of some kind, I´m not sure because I never have seen the like of it before" Serene said, " maybe you could tell me what it felt like when it happened to you?"[/quote]

"It is extremely odd if you were right lass," Fenris said. "Soultraps don't usually work on men and mer, unless they've in some way comprised themselves and lost Arkay's blessing...." He trailed off, looking at Sel.

"...So...you a Vampire, or a undead thingy of some sort? Werewolf? Corpus beast in disguise? Gotta be something. Otherwise i have no clue as to how he defied Arkay's blessing...."
MerGirl
Celia leaned closer, and opened Sel's mouth. "Nope, no fangs." She inspected his face. "Doesn't look like a corpus victim, and he doesn't look insane or furry to me, so he can't be a werewolf..."

She shrugged. "He looks okay to me!" She smiled at Sel, before asking Serene, "Hey, do you have any more leaves left? I don't think I have much left."
minque
"Hmm, you´re right there, Fenris!" Serene looked warily at Sel,, "what then might this man be then, it scares me, here really is something very evil going on"

Serene shrugged and moved closer to Fenris, it kinda felt safer.....
MerGirl
"Oh, Serene, Mister Nord, give Sel a chance!" She wrapped an arm around Sel's shoulders. "Let the Dunmer prove to us that we can trust him before we jump to conclusions!" She paused.

"Soultrap is a casting spell, right? So, shouldn't we be looking on the flip side? I mean, if Sel isn't some kind of undead thing, then maybe the mage is the one we should be wary about, right?"
minque
"I certainly hope you are not referring to ME" Serene replied in a cold voice, looking sternly at Celia
Fuzzy Knight
Emporer's Castle, Cyrodiil, Cyrodiil Region

Arco sneaked along the shadows heading against the Emporer as he took the healing vials he got from Serene, he arm started feeling better so he took of the rope and all that and drew his second scimitar...
The rain had started to stop some of the fire, but still it was much that needed to be done...

He could suddently see the huge gate into the Emporer's Castle broken up, with many dead guards around. Arco rushed up, checking if anyone was alive - but no one of them had survived. Arco rushed in, his stealth worked well as he swiftly dodged from cover to cover in the little garden before the gate into the Emporer's Quarter, outside the door he could see several flaming demons, possible Dremora's of some sort. Some guards were still alive, fighting to not let the demons come inside. All Arco could see was them disappearing in the sea of demons...

Arco hesitated, should he? He looked at his arm, it looked alright. Arco reached for his boot here he had a little pouch with three healing potions. He took two before he rushed straight for the demons, the demons had started attacking the gate and stonewall around it, their huge burning claws started to penitrate until Arco leaped into the middle of the sea of demons and spun around with his blades like a tornado slashing down demon after demon... The demons came in one after one, attack after attack. Arco parried one blow before slashing down the blade cutting the demon almost in two. But there was just to many, Arco was pushed to the wall as he got hit by their burning claws. He was almost down at the ground but kept on slashing them down... Another one came in hard, Arco leaped into its shoulders piercing his blades into its back before jumping off its back, he was about to land on the otherside when his foot got grabbed and thrown into the ground before the demons swarmed over him...

"I will not fall!" Arco cried out as he was held to the ground beeing beeaten, he pushed of with his feet tumbling around getting up as swift as his blades slashed around taking down four demons... Arco kept himself low, as the creatures almost needed to get down on their knees to take him but right as they came in he rushed forward almost getting under them driving his scimitars up into their chest...

All his dead friends appeared in front of him, all he had learned since he left his camp in Morrowind all he had learned his friends. All the battles he had been in, all the anger and the pain came bursting out of him seeing his friends getting slaughtered by the vampires in Vvardenfell, everything. Arco's eyes almost bursted into flames as he slashed around in full anger and rage. He got hitten over and over but it just didn't happen anything to him, he kept on fighting. At last the final strike came, he tumbles under the first hit before setting in a acrobatic attack under the demons arm with his left, before coming in with Shadowfall cleaving him down...

It all came to a stop, totally quiet. He looked around, to see almost fifty demons lying around by the gate. Arco just stood there looking down at the ground with his scimitars poiting right down. He almost started to cry, but he didn't know why he didn't - He just stood there...
MerGirl
Celia giggled. "I wasn't talking about you, Serene! I was talking about whoever casted the soul-trap spell-thingy-gummy in the first place." She tilted her head. "I was with you, so I know you didn't cast it."

She looked around. "Shouldn't we go find Arco and that knight guy?"
Aki
[quote=MerGirl]"Oh, Serene, Mister Nord, give Sel a chance!" She wrapped an arm around Sel's shoulders. "Let the Dunmer prove to us that we can trust him before we jump to conclusions!" She paused.

"Soultrap is a casting spell, right? So, shouldn't we be looking on the flip side? I mean, if Sel isn't some kind of undead thing, then maybe the mage is the one we should be wary about, right?"[/quote]

"Frankly, i'd have prefered if Sel was one of the aforementioned things, the prospect of a mage who can break something set up by a god is unsettling," Fenris said, his face darkening. "Luckily, the close-in-and-hack-em-to-bits strategy is unversibly effective on mages, and failing that, i can always demonstrate the power of the voice."
Hukai The Wandering
As the group talked four small, unnoticeable shadows flew out from under to closest crate and stopped directly under each one. With a quick dialation, all the shadows expanded into black portals and the enitre group fell through. They fell, but not down. Ever time they hit the portal, it would teleport them about fifty feet into the air directly above the same portals. This meant that everytime they fell, they we're transported into the air to fall agin, in a visous, never-ending cycle, picking up speed each time.
Wolfie
Jonacin sat upon the steps of the cathedral, sharpening his katana with a whetstone. The battle had been fierce, and his armour was even more badlydamaged. He was also bleeding from several new wounds, and was starting to feel a bit dizzy with the blood loss. "Celia" he called, "I could use some healing here.....". And then he promptly passed out from the blood loss
Channler
The rain kept up, it didn't seem as though it would stop, Falx got up and stretched out his arms. He decided that worrying about the long past was just a mere waist of his time, that for now he needed to find Darius. His mind wandered for a bit while he was thinking of where to look for Darius, and then either a large drop of rain or the relization that the emperor could be in harms way smacked him on the forhead. Picking up his sword he started to jog towards the cathedral.

Roughly 20 feet from the steps of the temple he noticed the gear of the strangers just laying on the ground, uncaired for in the rain.

"What the bloody hell? The twits leaving their mess about..." He started walking towards their gear then he stepped unto the portal. Flax let out a grunt as he started to fall forward into the black oblivion.

Falx turned around in time to get a hand on the edge of nothingness, where the darkness turned into land. His armor gave at least 100lbs of extra weight on his body, so much that it was a struggle to pull himself up. Durring the exhertion he failed to hear the cries of those that were endlessly falling.

"AAHHHHH!!!" It finally caught his ear when he reached the ground. Falx looked down into the hole and watch as four people fell! They fell and then they.. magically warped back up, but only enough to fall again. An endless cycle!

Falx acted quicker then he would of normally, given that the thought of falling endlessly made knots in his stomach. His brain scanned over the meager possibility's of trying to rescue the 4. Then it hit him, there was a great amount of rope in the temple holding up the tapestry's.

Falx quickly rushed in the temple, doing his best to ignore the moans, whether real or unreal, he heard. Ripping off the rope, he quickly jolted out of the temple faster than anyne would know a Knight could in metal armor.

Standing outside the temple, right over the hole he let the rope fall limp into the hole.

"Grab ahold of the rope! it may be your only chance!" Falx added, "You might want to hurry, seems one of your freinds is about dead over here.."
Hukai The Wandering
A darkly, cloaked figure stood atop the bell tower, watching the knight try and resuce his victims. "I will have to deal with him." The figure said, sweeping his long cloak around him as he turned to descend the seeminly ends stairs.
Aki
The Bell Tower suddenly had a Nord-shaped hole in it. Fenris had, in a spectular display of bad aim, cast his shout in a method that flung him into it. The Nord grumbled and got to his feet. "Whomever did that is going to lose a few important parts..." he rumbled.
MerGirl
"Eeek!" The ground beneath her gave way, and she fell down, down, down. Her heart leaped, but before she could scream, she was up again. Only she was in the air. But she wasn't falling.

"Well, that's a relieeeeeeeee!" She fell again, but then again, she was magically teleported up. "Huh--" She dropped once again, then teleported up again and so on, caught in an unusual cycle of up and down.

She heard a voice and looked up, then down at the knight who seemed to be holding out some kind of rope. Understanding his intent, Celia tried to grab hold of the rope--only to have her grip slip, and she fell down again. "Whoops!"

She prepared herself as she fell. When she was teleported up again, she held the rope tightly as she fell. "Pull, mister Knight! Pull!"
Channler
[quote=MerGirl]"Eeek!" The ground beneath her gave way, and she fell down, down, down. Her heart leaped, but before she could scream, she was up again. Only she was in the air. But she wasn't falling.

"Well, that's a relieeeeeeeee!" She fell again, but then again, she was magically teleported up. "Huh--" She dropped once again, then teleported up again and so on, caught in an unusual cycle of up and down.

She heard a voice and looked up, then down at the knight who seemed to be holding out some kind of rope. Understanding his intent, Celia tried to grab hold of the rope--only to have her grip slip, and she fell down again. "Whoops!"

She prepared herself as she fell. When she was teleported up again, she held the rope tightly as she fell. "Pull, mister Knight! Pull!"[/quote]

Falx heaved the girl up. It wasn't that she was heavy but Falx was nearly about to fall out do to the strain of events.

With one more pull he shot the girl out of the hole and caught her, "Are you ok?" He looked at her with eyes that only displayed hurt. "It seems that one of your companions is on the brink of death, I'd suggest that you should help him" Falx realized that he was still holding her, and quickly let go. If it weren't for the moment, he might of blushed.

Falx tossed the rope back down the portal
MerGirl
"Thank you, Mister Knight!" She blushed and ran towards the front of the cathedral, where she had last saw Jonacin. Jonacin had passed out on the steps of the cathedral, from severe blood loss.

Celia rushed forward to him, and crouched down, focusing her power into her hands. A warm and comforting white-ish colored glow emitted from her hands and she placed them onto the Redguard's wounds, woving broken muscles and tissues. She concentrated and his wounds gradually healed bit by bit.

After several moments, the glow disappeared and Celia's shoulders slumped. She smiled shyly at the Redguard. "Wake up, sleepy-head," she whispered softly.
Wolfie
Joncain groaned. He had a headache worse than a noght spent frinking Nordic Mead. He opened his eyes to see Celia crouched over him, a shy smile on her face. "Thanks Celia" he said, "I was nearly done for there"
MerGirl
She giggled. "How was your beauty sleep, Jona?" Celia paused. "Can you get up?" She gently, but firmly tugged on his arms, trying to get him up. "You better get on your feet, because something weird's going on..." She grunted due to the effort it took. "Help me abit, will you?"
Wolfie
"At least one of us finds this amusing" said Jonacin, struggling to his feet. "Thanks for helping me out there. Let's go help the others"
Channler
It took a little while but Falx managed to pull the rest of the strangers up out of the odd hole. He looked at everyone, who seemed to know more than him and said,

"What in the name of the Nine Divines was that thing? And what is going on here!"
Dantrag
After making sure Celia and Jonacin were okay, Sel stood up.

"Well, since I know that I am not undead, or any other strange things you suspect of me, I would suspect that this mage I met would be responsible for all of these things..."

OOC: sorry i missed so much, i had to get my internet working again.
Channler
"Mage? I've seen no mage, unless you mean these two over here?" Falx pointed to Celia and Serene

"If so I ought to end your miserable lives right now..." Falx looked at them menacingly
Dantrag
"You jump to conclusions too fast." Sel said almost disrespectfully. "The peasant in the house...he was the mage that sucked me up in his soultrap spell. He had me prisoner, but I escaped....but looking around, I don't think we have too much time to sit and listen to my fireside tales." Sel then added rather tauntingly, "I think I just saved you. Serene would have fried you before your sword cleared its scabbard. Now, might we continue without blaming comrades?"
Channler
[quote=Dantrag]"You jump to conclusions too fast." Sel said almost disrespectfully. "The peasant in the house...he was the mage that sucked me up in his soultrap spell. He had me prisoner, but I escaped....but looking around, I don't think we have too much time to sit and listen to my fireside tales." Sel then added rather tauntingly, "I think I just saved you. Serene would have fried you before your sword cleared its scabbard. Now, might we continue without blaming comrades?"[/quote]

Falx ended his rambling and turned to this stranger that had spoke up, "Saved me? Who the hell are you and where did you come from? Last I checked I just saved four different people from a very exciting death."

Falx turned around to pick up his sword off the ground, "You seem to forget Dunmer, I am a knight in the imperial legions, a man of noble blood, a man that has fought to keep this wreched land from the hands of the deadra! As it stands I am in charge here! I give the orders, and if you want to threaten me with someone else's magick to prove your point then I believe that you are no better then the countless beasts, creatures, men, and mer that I've slayn in the past!"

The rain felt cool on Falx's face, he then broke out in a laugh that slowly turned into a sob, "How many times did you have to slay your friends? How many times have you had to murder your brothers!? Never will you know how I feel, never will you understand."

A flash of lightning lit up the night sky, Falx walked out into the clearing, " GO AHEAD! STRIKE ME WITH YOUR MAGICKS!! IT WILL ONLY GIVE ME A REASON FOR YOUR BLOOD TO BATHE MY SWORD!" The evil was coursing through Falx's veins threatining to over take him, but then the words in the dream came to him,

"Stay valiant my warrior"

It was enough to calm him. Falx sat down on the cold, wet sidewalk alone. He cried, not for himself, not for the strangers, not even for the state of the empire. He didn't know why he cried, he just did.
Wolfie
Jonacin was slightly confused. He had just seen the knight go from insane fury to crying like a baby, and was worried that his mind might have broken under the strain of the past few hours. "Celia, maybe you should help him. You seem teh most suited for that kind of job out of all of us"
Dantrag
"Wow. I had no idea." Sel said, shuffling his feet. "I think Jonacin's right, Celia, I surely couldn't help him right now."

He sat down on the ground and put another hackle-lo in his mouth.
MerGirl
Celia shrugged. "Personally, I think Serene's better suited for this. After all, I'm just a young girl..."

She tentatively patted the knight's shoulder, unsure of what to say. "There, there, mister Knight. 'Keep your chin up, even when things get tough,' is what my momma used to say." She paused, and commented thoughtfully, "Think about it, would your friends and the other knights want you to sit about, crying, when there's people who may really, truly need your help? You're still alive, aren't you? Wouldn't they want you to complete your duty, no matter what?"

Blushing, she whispered, "I should be crying, too, because my family lives here. Who knows what happened to them?" Tears nearly filled her eyes, but she shook them away. "But I'm going to stand tall, no matter what. My momma don't want no crying, no giving up, so I won't!" She glanced at the knight. "Would your friends want you to give up?"

Still unsure of what to do, Celia shly stepped away from the knight, giving him room to think. (And to avoid getting hit, in case he gets too emotional or angry.)
Dantrag
As Celia was walking back towards him from the knight, Sel grabbed her arm.

"I think you helped him a lot." He said before laying down for some much needed rest.
Hukai The Wandering
"Well well well. I see you are not as strong as my lord seems the think." A shadow lept from underneath a nearby rock and centered itself under the group. "I can more thatn defeat you all. My magics are from the lord of Oblivion himself." The dry voice gave a slight cackle and then reverted into a strong whispher that had a sing-song tone to it. "Look out belo-www!"
Fuzzy Knight
Cyrodiil City, Cyrodiil Region

Arco shaked his head, he was confused after just standing there... All the flash backs he had got from his friends deaths. He closed his eyes, seeing all again. Where was the others? He thought, it had been a while. He wasn't sure if they were still at the cathedral, but he really didn't care. He spun his scimitars around before taking them down and started moving out of the Emporer's Quarter leaping onto the wall and taking a swift jump over to the house roofs, he ran up on the top...

From there he could see to the cathedral on the little hill, his clear and long ranged vision he could clearly see Jona, Falx, Sel and the others. It was like he had finally met some new friends, but he didn't know. Should he go back? He looked away for a moment, thinking - No.. He didn't want to go back for a reason, he flash backs reminded him of those memories he already had forgotten... Arco just satt down on one knee, he took up his scimitars again and started to scan over the city...
Dantrag
Sel opened his eyes.

"Damnit." He whipsered to himself. He couldn't sleep with his conscience bothering him.

Sel walked over to the knight and sat down beside him.

"Yeah, umm...I don't say this often or easily, so...I'm sorry. All those things I said, I didn;t mean to hurt you or anything. I said it out of loyalty to some new friends - and honestly - out of contempt for the Empire. But I can't blame you for the empire's injustices. Anyways, I just couldn't have you hacking Serene, Celia, and me to bits on a whim could I? So get up and let's get moving, you can hate me all you want, but I think we still need each other. What do you say?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.