Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff Baker
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Bolzmania
Why isn't Jeff Baker the Dunmer voice in Oblivion like he is in Morrowind, he made it much better than Craig Sechler. He made the voice of Haskill in Shivering Isles which sounds like the voice of the Imperials in Morrowind. Another thing: Wes Johnson which made the Imperial voice in Oblivion (and many other's too) and he made the Breton voice in Morroind so much better than Ralph Cosham did in Oblivion. BTW Wes also did the Orc voice in Morrowind.
canis216
Don't know why. Should write Bethesda and ask. 'Course, I'm sure they've already taken a lot of crap about the Dunmer voicing. I think just about everybody misses the classic dunmer smoker's rasp.
minque
QUOTE(canis216 @ Jul 23 2008, 02:59 AM) *

I think just about everybody misses the classic dunmer smoker's rasp.

Yeah! I do, I really do. It's so charachteristically dunmer-ish, awesome IMO
Black Hand
Arguably, the Cyrodiilic Dunmer picked up the lilting accent of the High Elves and Wood Elves in Cyrodiil....

...Yeah at least Im trying.
LadySaira
QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 25 2008, 05:51 PM) *

Arguably, the Cyrodiilic Dunmer picked up the lilting accent of the High Elves and Wood Elves in Cyrodiil....

Or they laid off the smoking. biggrin.gif
Fargoth
Yeah, I miss that voice too..
Lord Veneficus
That's the thing, though. That voice is distinctive to only the Dunmer from Morrowind where they breathed the smoky volcano air. In Cyrodiil, there are no volcanoes that shoot ash into the air to give them that voice.
canis216
The air is hardly smoky (one big exception, granted) in Mournhold and mainland Morrowind, though, and they retain the same voices. Should also be noted that some of the Dunmer in Oblivion claim to rather recent immigrants from Vvardenfell.

And more importantly, the rough smokers rasp sounds cool. The Cyrodiil voice is boring, uninteresting, and therefore wrong.
minque
QUOTE(canis216 @ Aug 9 2008, 08:53 PM) *

The air is hardly smoky (one big exception, granted) in Mournhold and mainland Morrowind, though, and they retain the same voices. Should also be noted that some of the Dunmer in Oblivion claim to rather recent immigrants from Vvardenfell.

And more importantly, the rough smokers rasp sounds cool. The Cyrodiil voice is boring, uninteresting, and therefore wrong.

Exactly my opinion, I love the harsh dunmerii voices of MW
Bolzmania
Okay I've found out why. They actually had the same voice in the Oblivion e3 demo. But when they had a computer meltdown they had to do everything all over again (that explains the delay). They just didn't have the time to re do every voice again. This may also be the reason Sutch was removed.
Dunmerdude
And Oblivion being shallow!

Oh wait that's because Todd's a money grabbing boatmaster.

(Which I use to explain everything wrong with oblivion)
Syndelius Daerleth
QUOTE(LadySaira @ Jul 29 2008, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Black Hand @ Jul 25 2008, 05:51 PM) *

Or they laid off the smoking. biggrin.gif

lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.