Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now Watching
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
mALX

BWAAHAA! Angry Joe playing Cupheads!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSQjIARaiRk

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Oct 9 2017, 05:57 AM) *

Man, Khajiit likes the art style of that game! Too bad it's one of those "too hard on purpose" type games. Khajiit doesn't like games like that.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Oct 9 2017, 10:21 AM) *

Man, Khajiit likes the art style of that game! Too bad it's one of those "too hard on purpose" type games. Khajiit doesn't like games like that.

I don't think the game's that bad. If you can play Contra this game is cakewalk. Its all about remembering the enemies pattern.
mALX
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Oct 9 2017, 12:00 PM) *

I don't think the game's that bad. If you can play Contra this game is cakewalk. Its all about remembering the enemies pattern.

That is what I was thinking, just like the old Mario games = but harder. On the Mario games I remember going over the same parts of levels so many times before I got the level patterns memorized and my timing right; and then after that it seemed easy, and I could breeze through it to the next level where I'd have to start learning THAT level's timing, patterns, and memorize the attacks, laugh.gif

I loved Mario, and it always felt so good to finally be able to ace a level! Looking back now, it seems like it would feel pedestrian; but the truth is, it was not an easy game till you learned the patterns and memorized how you needed to react to reach the end. The one hit kills unless you had swallowed one of those things to make Mario bigger - they were better than gold to find, lol.

Cupheads seems to be harder than Mario, but still along those same lines of gameplay. Really LOVE the animations and art style though! And the music!

Dark Reaper
I'm watching Cornshaq's walkthrough of Sweet Home. I always watch it around this time of the year. Its a basic walkthrough but a good one.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Oct 9 2017, 11:00 AM) *

Khajiit never played any of the Contra games. Though Khajiit supposes it would be similar to the Castlevania games. Ooh, or maybe R-Type. Obvious inspiration taken from Metroid and MegaMan too, though Khajiit never played those games either.
Decrepit

I love the art and animation of this. Not gonna buy it. I have absolutely no aptitude for games that depend on super fast reflexes and memorizing enemy moves.
mALX
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 11 2017, 11:03 AM) *

I love the art and animation of this. Not gonna buy it. I have absolutely no aptitude for games that depend on super fast reflexes and memorizing enemy moves.

I used to be good at Mario where you had to memorize and time everything just right; but could I do it today on a new game? I don't think so, laugh.gif

mALX

WOO HOO! The twins are finally gone from Project Runway!

IPB Image

"Whew!"

*wipes brow*

TheCheshireKhajiit
Watched episode 2 of The Gifted tonight. No ridiculous Stan Lee cameo this time (well if there was it wasn't obvious enough for me to notice it, or Khajiit happened to look away during it lol)! Khajiit likes the show. It's building up to some major action in the not to distant future.
Decrepit
A Lucy Worseley documentary new to me (!!!!) has appeared on YouTube: Elizabeth I's Battle for God's Music. Interesting subject and, as I've likely admitted more than once, I have an absolute crush on Ms. Worseley, who's in her element here. I hope this doesn't soon disappear, as Lucy's airings all too often do.
Kane
The Orville was great last night.
Decrepit
Sleeping Betty, an animated short.
SubRosa
Look at what I found at Target

I almost did not buy it, because I thought it really was a VHS tape. But in reality it is blu-ray and dvd.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 28 2017, 05:18 PM) *

I almost did not buy it, because I thought it really was a VHS tape. But in reality it is blu-ray and dvd.

Nice! Khajiit loves this show! Only a few episodes into season 2 but liking it so far.
SubRosa
Just finished watching Unforgiven on 4k.

"Any man don't want to get killed, better head on out the back."
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 5 2017, 04:33 PM) *

Just finished watching Unforgiven on 4k.

"Any man don't want to get killed, better head on out the back."

Man Khajiit hated Gene Hackman's character in that movie. It was bad enough what he did to Richard Harris's English Bob, but then beating down a sick Bill Munny is just, well, unforgivable.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Does anyone here watch Vikings on History channel?
SubRosa
I gave up after the first part of season 4. The story was just going nowhere. The only interesting things in the entire thing were Beorn roughing it in the wilderness and Lagertha's wedding.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 13 2017, 04:13 PM) *

I gave up after the first part of season 4. The story was just going nowhere. The only interesting things in the entire thing were Beorn roughing it in the wilderness and Lagertha's wedding.

Well the second part of season 4 was better. Lots of stuff gets resolved. Bjorn seems to be on track to spend an extended amount of time in the Mediterranean, which Khajiit thinks would be interesting.

This one had a specific question about a certain character who debuted at the end of season 4, but it looks like Khajiit is the only one here still watching, lol.
Kane
Thor: Ragnarok was incredible.
Dark Reaper
I'm watching a Legend of Zelda walkthrough on the laptop and Christmas Music on the TV.
mALX
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 19 2017, 03:41 PM) *

A Lucy Worseley documentary new to me (!!!!) has appeared on YouTube: Elizabeth I's Battle for God's Music. Interesting subject and, as I've likely admitted more than once, I have an absolute crush on Ms. Worseley, who's in her element here. I hope this doesn't soon disappear, as Lucy's airings all too often do.

Aw heck, the vid was removed by user!

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 28 2017, 05:18 PM) *

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Nov 23 2017, 05:47 PM) *

I'm watching a Legend of Zelda walkthrough on the laptop and Christmas Music on the TV.

panic.gif

laugh.gif

SubRosa
I saw Justice League. It was pretty good, but not spectacular. It is definitely better than the previous DCEU movies, save for Wonder Woman of course. That is still the best of the lot by far. The characters are good, there is plenty of slam, bam super action, and while simple, the plot works.

Justice League is not as dark and grim as the other DCEU movies (with Wonder Woman being the exception again). It has some good moments of humor. Not a lot, but they definitely help. Aquaman making an honest heartfelt soliloquy was great (no spoilers). There was a lot of talk about reshoots, and I think most, if not all of the humor came from them.

TBH, I think Zack Snyder bowing out of directing part-way through helped as well. I think he is one of the two big issues the DCEU has. His version of Watchmen was awesome. His desire to present a dark, brooding, brutal vision was exactly what that story needed. But that is not the case with your average superhero flick. Marvel has proven that keeping it somewhat light and blending humor as well as characterization and action is the key to these films. It is no surprise that the best DCEU movie - Wonder Woman - followed that formula to a tee. It had serious subject matter, and it had humor, and it had fun, and that works.

They other big issue DC has it trying to rush too fast to catch up to Marvel. It was too soon for a team movie. They should have followed Marvel's example by having solo movies for most, if not all the characters. Then put them all in the big team-up, like with the first Avengers movie. A team movie does not give a lot of screen time to any one character. And introducing 3 main heroes at once, with little time for each to shine on their own, does not allow us to really get to know them.

That said, what we did see of Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg was good. All three of the new characters had development, and were in a different, better place as people by the end. The same is true of Bats, Wondie, and Supes (really the core of the League, and the DC universe overall). Batman and Diana had some really good scenes together. A Bats/WW movie team up would have worked I think, and still could be quite good. The way Affleck and Gadot play them, they go very well together.

So my final word is that if you like Super Movies, go see Justice League. You will have a good time with it.

p.s. one thing I recall now, is that the score was really muted. Every time Wonder Woman went into action, I was expecting to hear this. But sadly no. The music was hardly there at all, or was so subtle I never really paid attention to it.

p.p.s. Keeping in the tradition of Wonder Woman the name Justice League is never used. Likewise the heroes are almost always called Barry, Arthur, Clark/Kal-El, Diana, and so on. I think there was one point where Bats said "the Aquaman" when referring to Aquaman, and there were several mentions of dressing up like a bat in reverse. But that is it. Not a complaint. Just an interesting bit if trivia.
Decrepit
QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 23 2017, 09:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 19 2017, 03:41 PM) *

Aw heck, the vid was removed by user!

Bah, I knew it! About the only of her videos that stay posted any length of time are the few I'm not overly fond of. Such a shame. I should have downloaded the darn thing.
SubRosa
Just watched Angry Joe's review of Battlefront II. I am sure it was much more fun than the actual game. laugh.gif
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Nov 24 2017, 06:37 PM) *

Just watched Angry Joe's review of Battlefront II. I am sure it was much more fun than the actual game. laugh.gif

I LOVE Angry Joe's reviews! Lol on the loot you get from them with the deluxe edition vs standard, laugh.gif

Winter Wolf
QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 27 2017, 07:52 AM) *

I LOVE Angry Joe's reviews! Lol on the loot you get from them with the deluxe edition vs standard, laugh.gif

The gaming world we live in
Decrepit
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 27 2017, 03:01 AM) *

Thanks Winter Wolf. Very interesting and informative video.
mALX
QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Nov 27 2017, 04:01 AM) *

Nice! Kind of glad that ESO refuses to do the "Pay to Win" Loot crates, (and even though they end up being mostly junk; they make plenty of sales off them just on people trying to get certain mounts or pets; etc).

TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 27 2017, 08:20 AM) *

Nice! Kind of glad that ESO refuses to do the "Pay to Win" Loot crates, (and even though they end up being mostly junk; they make plenty of sales off them just on people trying to get certain mounts or pets; etc).

Khajiit’s biggest beef with the way ZOS does things is with the gems from the crown crates. The exchange rates are awful! 1 gem for 25 Crown Lethal Poisons? Come on! This on isn’t saying we should get 1 gem for every Crown Lethal poison (or other similar, maddeningly common item), but Khajiit does think 5 gems for a stack of 25 is fair. As for the other items, they can stand to go up a bit also. “Already get that costume? Well we are only going to give you like 12 gems for it, even though it would take you 100 to get that same item.”
mALX
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 27 2017, 10:44 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 27 2017, 08:20 AM) *

Khajiit’s biggest beef with the way ZOS does things is with the gems from the crown crates. The exchange rates are awful! 1 gem for 25 Crown Lethal Poisons? Come on! This on isn’t saying we should get 1 gem for every Crown Lethal poison (or other similar, maddeningly common item), but Khajiit does think 5 gems for a stack of 25 is fair. As for the other items, they can stand to go up a bit also. “Already get that costume? Well we are only going to give you like 12 gems for it, even though it would take you 100 to get that same item.”

Agreed, that kind of shocked me that I could only get one gem per 25 poisons. But I finally got enough to get my sweet pet badger, that I absolutely love! (even if it does look like a skunk, lol)

mALX
QUOTE(Decrepit @ Oct 28 2017, 01:34 PM) *

Sleeping Betty, an animated short.

SPEW! I finally got the chance to see this, rollinglaugh.gif Loved the artwork, and some really funny sound effects!

Kane
Dat Inifinity War trailer doe....
Callidus Thorn
I just watched Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

Yeah, I know, I'm late to the party laugh.gif

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much. But damn, that was a great film. I mean sure, there are a few niggling little things that are slightly annoying, but there's just so much about the film that's brilliant, even if it gets a little carried away towards the end.

Ultimately, there is only one thing I don't like about the film: Chirrut Imwe. They gave him some great lines, and I know that The Force is just mystic mumbo-jumbo, but it's not that kind of mystic mumbo-jumbo. I figure he's somewhere between rule-of-cool and "we need some Force-based action in this movie, but without a Jedi".

But annoying as his nonsensical action sequences are, they're nowhere near enough to take the edge off that film biggrin.gif
SubRosa
Chirrut was my favorite character in the movie. I understand what you mean about him being sort of a stand-in for a Jedi. But I looked at him a little different. To me he was just a classic Asian Monk, who happened to be in Star Wars instead of Kung Fu. I have always liked that character, so it was The Rule of Cool FTW for me.

I admit that it is far from an original character. But familiar archetypes are not always bad. They help bring characters into a sharp focus when you only have a limited amount of screen time to give them. I was glad that they didn't make him uber-powerful. He is badass in his own little way, but does not overshadow everyone else. He and Baze are the main characters in the Guardians of the Whills novel, and they were both very well done there, with a lot of depth for each.
SubRosa
I watched a new Lifetime series, all about people coming to grips with their feelings and life-choices, and having sex. Occasionally there is a gunfight. It's called The Punisher. Check it out.

Seriously, I finished watching season one today on Netflix. It was ok, but nothing great. Way too much talking and feelings and exploring relationships. I understand that they obviously wanted to portray real people with real issues resulting from some real f'ed up stuff. But when I watch The Punisher I expect more killing, less emotional reflection.

The casting did not help for me. I have never been a fan of the guy playing Frank Castle. His nose is just all wrong. I don't trust anyone with a nose like that. The same with the guy playing Micro. Not because of his nose though. He's too young, too fuzzy, and has a family. Microchip ought to be an older guy, and definitely more of a loner. Like Gene Hackman's character in Enemy Of The State.

I was a little lost at first. The story picks up from the end of Daredevil Season 2. Which I had forgotten most of. It took a bit to jog my memory. Basically it adds a new layer on top of that, starting with Castle's time in Afghanistan. But it is basically more revenge, which is perfect for a character like Punny.

The villains are good. I liked how one becomes Jigsaw in the end. There are some good points with lots of great shootouts. The mad bomber part was great. That was exactly the kind of thing I want from a Punisher show. But sadly there is a lot of barren space between those great shootouts.
SubRosa
I finished season 4 of Turn, and with it the end of the series. It was excellent. It was much better than the 3rd season, which I think got a little ridiculously convoluted in places. Though Major Andre's fate was a powerful event in it. Season 4 is tight, personal, and brings us closure for all the characters. Unlike many shows that absolutely bungle their endings (yes, I am looking at you Penny Dreadful and Lost), Turn does it right. All in all, it is an outstanding show, and I highly recommend folks to Netflix and chill with it.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Dec 9 2017, 07:14 PM) *

I finished season 4 of Turn, and with it the end of the series. It was excellent. It was much better than the 3rd season, which I think got a little ridiculously convoluted in places. Though Major Andre's fate was a powerful event in it. Season 4 is tight, personal, and brings us closure for all the characters. Unlike many shows that absolutely bungle their endings (yes, I am looking at you Penny Dreadful and Lost), Turn does it right. All in all, it is an outstanding show, and I highly recommend folks to Netflix and chill with it.

Khajiit lost track of Turn in season 2. May pick it up later.

This one was very disappointed in the ending of Penny Dreadful. Here’s a show that Khajiit loves so much, and they just rush the second half of season 3. Oh, and then we learn this is the end of the series like 2 episodes before the season 3 finale! After the incredible episode A Blade of Grass, this came as a complete shock to this one. Sad. Khajiit is still a little bitter about it.
SubRosa
I am back from watching The Last Jedi. It was good, but not great. It had more humor than The Force Awakens. Sometimes too much, because it felt forced in places. It is also long, about 2.5 hours, which seemed a bit too much. It stats to drag in places, especially when you have to pee!

It picks up right where TFA left off. Starkiller Base may have been destroyed, but the First Order still has their fleet, and they know where the Resistance Base is. So they are closing in to take out the Resistance before they can evacuate. In the meantime Rey is standing in front of Luke Skywalker, holding his lightsaber out to him.

I am not going to give away any spoilers. There are some surprises.

Kylo Ren was a vastly improved as a villain in this one. In TFA he was just a whiny brat. In this one he comes more into his own as a real person. Part of that is from when we finally learn what happened when Luke's Jedi Academy was destroyed.

There are a few new characters. Rose was nice, and I loved seeing Amilyn Holdo again. She appears in the novel Leia: Princess of Alderaan. Yoda even makes an appearance as a Force Ghost. I also think the kids from Canto Bight were those from the Legends of Luke Skywalker novel. But I am not positive.

Notably missing (at least to me) was Snap Wexley and Jessika Pava. They were my two favorites among the "little people". sad.gif
Dark Reaper
Just finished The Force Awakens. Sure it follows a New Hope formula but it's still a really good Star Wars movie. Can't wait to watch the New film.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 19 2017, 10:16 PM) *

Just finished The Force Awakens. Sure it follows a New Hope formula but it's still a really good Star Wars movie. Can't wait to watch the New film.

It’s certainly better than the prequels! Of course, being better than the prequels isn’t saying much.
Dark Reaper
QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2017, 10:23 PM) *

It’s certainly better than the prequels! Of course, being better than the prequels isn’t saying much.

I seriously think Disney needs to pull the prequels and rework them, Even if you kept the films story with some rewrites I really think you can make the prequels better, I mean there is a video series of If the prequels where good on YouTube.
TheCheshireKhajiit
QUOTE(Dark Reaper @ Dec 19 2017, 10:59 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Dec 19 2017, 10:23 PM) *

I seriously think Disney needs to pull the prequels and rework them, Even if you kept the films story with some rewrites I really think you can make the prequels better, I mean there is a video series of If the prequels where good on YouTube.

Well, since we are talking about it, Khajiit feels that the prequels served their purpose. That is that they told the story of how the galaxy got to where it was in A New Hope, and how Anakin became Vader. Were they great movies? Well that’s largely subjective (though Khajiit would say no). Did they do what they were supposed to? Without question. Given this, Khajiit would say that remaking those films is not necessary and Disney would be better off just leaving them be. That said, this one would be all for some of these “A Star Wars Story” movies set during the time of the Clone Wars. This could provide us with a different viewpoint removed from things like “I hate sand.”.
Dark Reaper
Also the prequels didn't really capture that whole Vader being seduced by the Dark Side but rather he was tricked instead. I mean in an era of advance technology I think death in childbirth should be a VERY rare thing to happen. Anakin should have been written to be more like Rei whose strong in the Force but doesn't know how to properly control it and even during his times as a Jedi Knight it should of shown that even though Obi-Wan is his teacher you can see he's still not getting that proper training and Anakin's struggling to be a powerful Jedi even through the Clone Wars. By Episode 3 we needed to see the weight of the Jedi training and his failure to grasp his full potential basically breaking him to the point he seeks out an alternative method of mastering the force which leads him to siding with the Emperor and thus his downfall from Jedi to Sith Lord.
SubRosa
I am glad the prequels were made. They filled in a huge amount of history, and created a great foundation for the events of the original trilogy. I agree that it would have been nice if they had been created with a better writer than George Lucas and a better lead than Hayden Christian-guy.

But I don't see a point to recreating them. Better just to move on. Or at most create another animated series that takes place during that time period, but not to tell the story of the Clone Wars and fall of the Jedi, just to have that as a backdrop for an original tale. As Khajiit said, a "Star Wars Story" set back then, like one with Cad Bane about the criminal underworld.

The Cone Wars animated series did do an outstanding job of portraying Anakin and the beginning of his fall. In it we see that he has a problem with becoming too emotionally attached to his friends, like Ahsoka. At times it is touching that he is so loyal. But as the story goes on, it starts looking darker, as we see his anger and frustration begin to overwhelm him when he cannot protect the ones he loves. Like he failed to protect his mother. Best of all they do it without him being a mealy-mouthed whiny brat. He is a man with control issues and a growing temper when he no longer has that control over others fates. By the end you can clearly see him walking into Vader's shoes.
TheCheshireKhajiit
Khajiit agrees and has said so many times before: The Clone Wars Anakin is way better than prequels Anakin. The Clone Wars in general is well done, despite it being aimed at a younger audience.
SubRosa
I started watching The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. The first episode was all about the Star Wars toys. It was really cool seeing the history of how the deal was made between Kenner and Lucas, and especially how Kenner scrambled to make the first toys. Lots of fun.
Callidus Thorn
Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy, Volume 2

To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed with it. It felt like it was trying too hard, forcing too much, and couldn't really decide what type of story it even wanted to tell.
TheCheshireKhajiit
At the theatre to see Last Jedi. Will comment later tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.