Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Now Watching
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
Elisabeth Hollow
It's only 8:30 here, what time is it there?
King Of Beasts
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Jan 17 2013, 06:33 PM) *

It's only 8:30 here, what time is it there?

About, 10:00pm
SubRosa
I just saw Bad boat (I did not say 'boat'! grrr). That was a ton of fun. Danny Trejo is definitely one of my favorite actors. He is perfectly cast as a regular joe who the world has passed by, and has finally gotten fed up and cannot take it anymore. It is not a movie to take seriously. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
McBadgere
As Green Lantern and Green Arrow were my favourite comic characters growing up, I was less than thrilled when they said that Ryan Reynolds was going to play Hal Jordan in the film...

And then the trailer... kvright.gif ...

However, having watched Green Lantern again the other day, I thought - much like I did at the cinema - it wasn't anywhere near as bad as a) it could have been, and f) other people said it was...

I really enjoyed it...

Considering the awful films that do get a sequel, it's a shame that this is unlikely to...

I'm not a fan of the Green Arrow tv series...Not the greatest thing on tv by a long shot... wink.gif ...

Edit!!!...Interesting even if you put a lowercase b with a bracket, it still gives you the cool.gif smiley... blink.gif ...Damned odd...
Colonel Mustard
I saw Blade Runner again just the other night. Such. A good. Film! So much atmosphere, really good acting (kudos to Rutger Hauer for how well he played Roy) and an absolutely astounding soundtrack; loved it!
SubRosa
Just watched Death Race 2000, the original from the 70s by Roger Corman. What a fantastic movie! Campy, funny, and violent. It is a wonderful satire on the way our society idolizes violence, and as all satires, takes it way out of proportion. I have to say, I simply adore Roger Corman. He is one of the best B-movie creators ever.

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 22 2013, 06:03 AM) *

I saw Blade Runner again just the other night. Such. A good. Film! So much atmosphere, really good acting (kudos to Rutger Hauer for how well he played Roy) and an absolutely astounding soundtrack; loved it!

That was one fantastic movie. I think I have the Final Cut version of it laying around. Maybe I'll dig that out and watch it again.
PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 26 2013, 09:29 PM) *

Just watched Death Race 2000, the original from the 70s by Roger Corman. What a fantastic movie! Campy, funny, and violent. It is a wonderful satire on the way our society idolizes violence, and as all satires, takes it way out of proportion. I have to say, I simply adore Roger Corman. He is one of the best B-movie creators ever.

QUOTE(Colonel Mustard @ Jan 22 2013, 06:03 AM) *

That was one fantastic movie. I think I have the Final Cut version of it laying around. Maybe I'll dig that out and watch it again.

Bladerunner is so good.
"She won't live, but then again, who does..."
McBadgere
QUOTE(The splendid Subrosa)
I have to say, I simply adore Roger Corman. He is one of the best B-movie creators ever.

Battle Beyond The Stars is my fave of his...I love the fact that Corman re-used the effects footage in four other films...

Footage that was made by...Wait for it...James Cameron!!...

The kids and I sat through BBTS a couple of months ago...They were transfixed...Truly... biggrin.gif ...
SubRosa
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Jan 28 2013, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(The splendid Subrosa)
I have to say, I simply adore Roger Corman. He is one of the best B-movie creators ever.

Battle Beyond The Stars is my fave of his...I love the fact that Corman re-used the effects footage in four other films...

Footage that was made by...Wait for it...James Cameron!!...

The kids and I sat through BBTS a couple of months ago...They were transfixed...Truly... biggrin.gif ...

I looked up Cameron, and he did the SFX for Galaxy of Terror as well. Another Roger Corman classic!
Diamandis
I'm waiting for Walking Dead to return.

I don't watch a lot of T.V. but when I do, it's awesome.

PhonAntiPhon
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jan 26 2013, 09:29 PM) *

Roger Corman. I simply adore Roger Corman.

This man is awesome, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
Bauhaus wrote a song about one of his films: "The Man With X-Ray Eyes".
"I have seen too much, take away my eyes, take away my eyes"....
McBadgere
I watched Avengers Assemble the other night. (It was called Avengers Assemble over here due to The Avengers being a much loved kitch 60s tv series.)

I absolutley loved that film...Definately in my top 3 films of last year...Soooo excellent...

Cobie Smulders?...Form huggingly tight outfit?...Yes please!...

Oh, and Scarlett Johanssen...Yeah, okay, if you insist...

But...Superheroes going around kicking ar$e?...Oh-ho-hooooo YES!!... biggrin.gif ...
SubRosa
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 4 2013, 10:34 PM) *

She is going to be in next year's Captain America movie.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 4 2013, 09:34 PM) *

I watched Avengers Assemble the other night. (It was called Avengers Assemble over here due to The Avengers being a much loved kitch 60s tv series.)

I absolutley loved that film...Definately in my top 3 films of last year...Soooo excellent...

Oh, and Scarlett Johanssen...Yeah, okay, if you insist...

But...Superheroes going around kicking ar$e?...Oh-ho-hooooo YES!!... biggrin.gif ...

It's because Joss Whedon directed it.

Don't argue. It's the reason.

XD
Darkness Eternal
*whispers*

Dark Knight Rises was better.
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 5 2013, 01:13 PM) *

*whispers*

GET OUT.

XD
Diamandis
I am one of the few who have never watched The Avengers. Superhero movies just don't do anything for me :/

Give me a good old slasher flick anyday tongue.gif
McBadgere
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 5 2013, 07:13 PM) *

*whispers*

*Points*...

*Continues to play nice...*

biggrin.gif ...

*Whispers back* Spartacus...New series...Starts this week over here!!...*Thumbsup*...*Applauds*...

QUOTE(Subrosa)
She is going to be in next year's Captain America movie.

biggrin.gif ...Yes, and apparently the S.H.I.E.L.D. series too...*Applauds*...

The SHIELD series which is going to be exec produced by...

QUOTE(Elizabeth Hollow)
It's because Joss Whedon directed it.

Don't argue. It's the reason.

Joss Whedon gives good story/show...Almost every time...Excellent man that one!!... biggrin.gif ...

I did love Firefly, but I love Nathan Fillion in Castle more...
SubRosa
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 4 2013, 10:34 PM) *

I forgot to mention before. We had that on this side of the Pond too. I loved that show! Especially Emma Peel! wub.gif

I just finished watching Lawrence of Arabia. Fantastic movie. Peter O'Toole delivers as the larger than life hero, who got so caught up in his own press that he himself believed it to be true. The inevitable fall from grace was crushing. You could really see that this was a man who was half genius, half insane. It was just a question of which would win out.

Arabia itself is the biggest star of the film though, especially on blu-ray. The desert vistas are just jaw-dropping, and the filmmakers take the time to really show it all to you with the camera. It reminded me of the austere beauty of Monument Valley that we were so lavishly treated to in The blu-ray version of The Searchers.
SubRosa
Just watched Dredd. I enjoyed it immensely. It was much better than I expected. Granted, I did not expect a whole lot since it flopped at the theaters. But it delivers what it promises: lots of ultra-violence, and a frowning Judge who never takes his helmet off for the entire movie. Of course it helps that I am a fan of Dredd from the comics, going way back for decades. There were a few changes the costume and the bike, but for the most part the Dredd in the movie is exactly the same anti-hero badass I remember from the Cursed Earth saga, the insane Judge Cal, the nuclear war with the Sov Cities, and of course the Judge Death stories "Gaze into the fist of Dredd!".

It also helps that Dredd's foil in the this one was Judge Anderson, who was always my favorite from the comics. Through her we actually do get some character development. Nothing deep mind you, but we do see how she is definitely changed by her first day on the job with Dredd. It would have been nice if they had chosen an actress who didn't get her hair color from a bottle. But other than that she worked for me.

It is too bad the movie flopped. I would like to see Karl Urban in another Dredd film.
Darkness Eternal
Well . . .new Star Wars flicks coming out. Plus, spin-offs with Boba Fett and Han Solo in the works!

Temuera Morrison! Please, return! Awesome actor! BOBA! BOBA!
King Of Beasts
Some documentary on lions called Into The Pride. It's quite interesting.
McBadgere
It's been decided that we're currently watching the new version of Beauty and The Beast...(To go along with the new Teen Wolf.)...

*Sigh*...

Didn't like the original one...

Although, to be fair, it was a damned sight better than the US version of Primeval...Oh dear...I hated the UK version, and at least there was reasonable totty in the UK one... biggrin.gif ...
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 7 2013, 07:21 PM) *

Well . . .new Star Wars flicks coming out. Plus, spin-offs with Boba Fett and Han Solo in the works!

WHAT?

-squeals-
SubRosa
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 8 2013, 12:14 AM) *

WHAT?

-squeals-

George Lucas got so frustrated with all the fans ripping him over the new trilogy that he sold the rights to Disney. So now Disney is going to start hammering out one Star Wars film after another. So look forward to lots of Pirates of the Star Wars movies in the next few years.
Colonel Mustard
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 8 2013, 02:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 8 2013, 12:14 AM) *

WHAT?

-squeals-

George Lucas got so frustrated with all the fans ripping him over the new trilogy that he sold the rights to Disney. So now Disney is going to start hammering out one Star Wars film after another. So look forward to lots of Pirates of the Star Wars movies in the next few years.

To be fair, Disney also masterminded the recent Muppets Movie and Avengers Assemble, and both of those were pretty damn good, so I'm actually feeling fairly optimistic about Star Wars Episode VII (or whatever they call it in the end).
Grits
Yep. I have a hard time thinking that the next Star Wars movie could be anything but an improvement. laugh.gif
McBadgere
While I'm massively up for some new Star Wars films...I was there the first time...Back when the damned film was called Star Wars...None of this A New Hope business...Star Wars, Empire, Jedi...Easy...It's all they'll ever be to me...

Ummm...

Yeah...While I'm up for new SW, I really think the stand alone ones'll be pushing the brand down somewhat...Yes, the new trilogy...Do that and then do the stand alone ones...

And while I'm a fan of Temuera meself, methinks he's past his...Best years for it...May as well bring Jeremy Bullock back... tongue.gif ...

Wouldn't the one that played the young Boba be about the right age now?...
mirocu
Regarding Star Wars, people, there is only one thing to know and that is that there only exist three real movies and thatīs the three original ones. I donīt know what to call the latter ones but yuck!

McBadgere
QUOTE(mirocu @ Feb 8 2013, 06:30 PM) *

Regarding Star Wars, people, there is only one thing to know and that is that there only exist three real movies and thatīs the three original ones. I donīt know what to call the latter ones but yuck!

Ummm...Yeah...I kinda get where you're coming from...But...My kids love the newer ones...They'll sit there for the older ones, 'cause they're good...But they (espescially the boy) love the new ones as much as we love the older ones...Espescially Sith...*Shrug*...GL made them for kids originally...They were meant to be a kind of Saturday Morning serial type of film...

That's why we got Jar Jar...In order to appeal to the kids...And, as one of my daughter's favourite toys when she was a toddler was her Jar Jar beanie...*Shrug*...It kinda worked...
SubRosa
The entire thing seems like such a blatant cash grab that I have serious reservations. While Lucas was a bad writer who hired a bad actor to be his leading man for Anakin, not to mention spawned the horror that is Jar Jar Binks, he at least loved the series. I do not believe that anyone at Disney gives a rat's behind about Star Wars, except in terms of how much money they can milk from it before tossing it in the waste bin.

Seeing JJ Abrams name on the first of the new movies does not fill me with confidence either. His version of Star Trek left me feeling meh. Red matter? Whose british boat did he pull that out of? Black holes that alternately act as portals through time, or destroy planets, depending what he wants for the plot at that particular moment? Oi! What sort of idiocy is he going to foist upon us with Star Wars?

Do not get me wrong. I think the Star Wars Expanded Universe has a lot to offer in terms of films and or a tv. show. It is a rich setting, with plenty of fascinating characters, places, and stories in it. I love The Clone Wars. It is just that my concern is the execution of it. Lucas did a poor job giving us the second trilogy of films, and it was his baby. I fear that Disney, who have no attachment to the series except for dollar signs, is going to make Lucas' second trilogy look like a masterpiece in comparison. OTOH take the Clone Wars, which I adore. Lucas oversees the entire thing from a high level, and folks who do the nuts and bolts making of the show like David Filoni are genuine Star Wars fans. These are people working on a labor of love, and the result has been pure excellence.
mirocu
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 07:34 PM) *

Ummm...Yeah...I kinda get where you're coming from...But...My kids love the newer ones...They'll sit there for the older ones, 'cause they're good...But they (espescially the boy) love the new ones as much as we love the older ones...

The new ones to them are like the old ones to us, I totally get that. But the new ones have in my eyes completely lost all mystery and charm and all thatīs left is tons of action and scientific explanation to everything.

Btw I have all three original Star Wars in a sweet little box set biggrin.gif
McBadgere
Actually, I liked Abrams' Star Trek more than many of the original ones...Like he said in an interview, he wanted to make Trek like Wars...I really enjoyed it...Much more fun...

As for Filoni...Sorry, I was really enjoying Karen Traviss' version of the Mandalorians...Then Filoni starts on his ba$tarding where they come from and Traviss gets booted off all that work that she'd already put in...Oh, not much...Only NINE novels worth of background development...Language, culture etc...

And then...Then...He starts pissing about with Darth Maul?...He's a Zabrak...Like Eeth Koth...Says so in the DK visual dictionary...All official like...Oh nooooo, he's a male Dathomir witch!!...No...Go away...And take James Luceno with you...Ruined the EU between the pair of you...
Elisabeth Hollow
Are you a Timothy Zhan fan, McBadgere? He's the only author from the EU I've read.
McBadgere
Yes!...I got into his stuff from the Star Wars novels, but his other stuff is very excellent too!!...There's this one called Angelmass which is about a sentient Black Hole if I remember rightly; and then there's this other series called Conquerors summatorother...I think there was three of them...Pride, Heratige and Legacy?...

Either way...Excellent stuff!...

Most of my fave authors come from SW...Aaron Allston...Greg Keyes...

Just watched NCIS...Excellent series... biggrin.gif ...

Ziiiiiva...ZiiiIIIIIiivaah?!!...
SubRosa
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 03:11 PM) *

Actually, I liked Abrams' Star Trek more than many of the original ones...Like he said in an interview, he wanted to make Trek like Wars...I really enjoyed it...Much more fun...

As for Filoni...Sorry, I was really enjoying Karen Traviss' version of the Mandalorians...Then Filoni starts on his ba$tarding where they come from and Traviss gets booted off all that work that she'd already put in...Oh, not much...Only NINE novels worth of background development...Language, culture etc...

And then...Then...He starts pissing about with Darth Maul?...He's a Zabrak...Like Eeth Koth...Says so in the DK visual dictionary...All official like...Oh nooooo, he's a male Dathomir witch!!...No...Go away...And take James Luceno with you...Ruined the EU between the pair of you...

I don't have a clue who Karen Traviss is, so I cannot comment on her version of Mandalorians. I did like how the Clone Wars portrayed Mandalore as a barren wasteland, that got that way from their war with the Jedi. I also liked how they showed Mandalorian society as being split between people striving for peace like the Duchess, and those who yearned for the good old days of slaughter like the Death Watch. To me that felt like a real society, with differing factions each possessing wildly different ideas of what was best of their world.

I can also say that Darth Maul is a Zabrak in the Clone Wars. They stressed that in show. All the so called 'male witches' were Zabraks who just happened to live on Dathomir rather than their race's homeworld.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 07:18 PM) *

While I'm massively up for some new Star Wars films...I was there the first time...Back when the damned film was called Star Wars...None of this A New Hope business...Star Wars, Empire, Jedi...Easy...It's all they'll ever be to me...

Ummm...

Yeah...While I'm up for new SW, I really think the stand alone ones'll be pushing the brand down somewhat...Yes, the new trilogy...Do that and then do the stand alone ones...

And while I'm a fan of Temuera meself, methinks he's past his...Best years for it...May as well bring Jeremy Bullock back... tongue.gif ...

Wouldn't the one that played the young Boba be about the right age now?...

Nah. It wouldn't make sense to add another Boba who is not Temuera. Because Temuera IS the face of Boba and Boba is a clone of Jango, who was played by Temuera. And of course all of the games that he helped in his voice acting is just too great to pass around to another actor.

I do feel bad that Disney is making it. I would feel much better if, um, Christopher Nolan would make it . . .yes. . .that would be amazing. But they just might make it way too kid friendly.
Darkness Eternal
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Yep! I love Karin Traviss works! She villanized the Jedi and made Mandalorians heroes! WOOT! But Filoni doesn't honor EU. He never did do it that much. He killed off Master Pell in the series when he was was supposed to die years later after Order 66 came down. Adi Gallia was suppose to die at the hands of General Grievous, yet she was killed by Savage Oppress.

Darth Maul is easily my favorite character next to Darth Tyranus, Darth Sidious and Darth Vader . . .and Darth Zannah and Darth Bane. Dasrth Maul IS a zabrak, that's his species though. He was supposed to be born in Iridonia. Yet it was retconned to Dathomir night brother.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 8 2013, 11:15 PM) *

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 03:11 PM) *

I don't have a clue who Karen Traviss is, so I cannot comment on her version of Mandalorians. I did like how the Clone Wars portrayed Mandalore as a barren wasteland, that got that way from their war with the Jedi. I also liked how they showed Mandalorian society as being split between people striving for peace like the Duchess, and those who yearned for the good old days of slaughter like the Death Watch. To me that felt like a real society, with differing factions each possessing wildly different ideas of what was best of their world.

I can also say that Darth Maul is a Zabrak in the Clone Wars. They stressed that in show. All the so called 'male witches' were Zabraks who just happened to live on Dathomir rather than their race's homeworld.

Death Watch is a terrorist group. You want real Mandalorians? Jango Fett was one who fought Death Watch before he became a bounty hunter. Karen stopped writing books because the Clone Wars television series contradicted her works, and of course, The Bearded One(George Lucas') word is law.

Yep, agreed.

Now anyone read Darth Plagueis? Amazing booK!
treydog
Starting the second season of Rookie Blue. (Canadian police series) Some good stories, likable characters, and nice to see a non-U.S. take on some things.

We are on the last season of Homicide (sniffle)- had to get a Lawn Order disc from Netflix because of a 2-part crossover episode deal

And- to complete our Cops and Crooks trifecta- we are engrossed in Prison Break. There is a lot to like with this one- it is gritty, it is clever, it keeps us guessing with every episode
McBadgere
QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Feb 8 2013, 10:25 PM) *

Nah. It wouldn't make sense to add another Boba who is not Temuera. Because Temuera IS the face of Boba and Boba is a clone of Jango, who was played by Temuera. And of course all of the games that he helped in his voice acting is just too great to pass around to another actor.

I do feel bad that Disney is making it. I would feel much better if, um, Christopher Nolan would make it . . .yes. . .that would be amazing. But they just might make it way too kid friendly.

Well, maybe if they used the voice at some point...But the man is 52 now...Give them a bit to start filming...I absolutley (and this is a shocker tongue.gif ) agree with where you are on that, but I think they're gonna have to if the Boba Fett film - at least - rumour is true...

And again, I can see the appeal of a Christopher Nolan film for him...The dark and gritty stuff would probably be a good thing...For once... biggrin.gif ...

But, again...George made the films for kids in the first place...I'm not sure why everyone assumes differently...

Yep! I love Karin Traviss works!

Good man!!...

She villanized the Jedi and made Mandalorians heroes!

Yes, from a certain point of view, of course... wink.gif ...

I also thought she did an amazing job with the clones series...I thought Skirata and those slightly insane Mega-clones were absolutely brilliant characters...I loved that whole series, and then the word came down that Lucasbooks had pulled the penultimate novel in the series because of what Filoni had done... mad.gif ...There was supposed to be two more novels...

WOOT! But Filoni doesn't honor EU. He never did do it that much. He killed off Master Pell in the series when he was was supposed to die years later after Order 66 came down. Adi Gallia was suppose to die at the hands of General Grievous, yet she was killed by Savage Oppress.

Then what is he doing playing with Star Wars fiction in the first place? Lucasfilm had a department that used to go through all the fiction making sure that there were no glaring contradictions...They would alter anything that chimed with what was already published...

Darth Maul is easily my favorite character next to Darth Tyranus, Darth Sidious and Darth Vader . . .and Darth Zannah and Darth Bane...

This, is not a great shocker old mate...

Darth Maul IS a zabrak, that's his species though. He was supposed to be born in Iridonia. Yet it was retconned to Dathomir night brother.

This is just stupid...It's just Filoni and Hayden Blackmon (or whatever his surname is) going "Nooo, the EU will be ours!! OURS!! BWAHAHAHAAA!"...

QUOTE(The Subrosa of excellence)

I apologise, I do sometimes forget that even with three people watching it here (I'm usually in work when it's on) that they do manage to miss that entire bit of info...*Shakes head*...I was just greeted with "Darth Maul is back and they've made him a male Dathomir witch!!"...And I'm like, *shaking head*...So, fair enough...It's not right, but at least they've not gone where I believed...

QUOTE(Subrosa the cool)

I genuinely believe that out of all of the SW writers, Karen Traviss gives the most heart into a book...The emotional depth is amazing...I genuinely believe she deserves a hell of a lot more attention than she gets...

There was this amazing sequence of books where one of Han and Leia's twins went to the dark side and proclaimed himself Emperor - steady DE!! - it was a triple hander written by Aaron Allston, Traviss and Troy Denning...Nine books (not the ones I was on about) written in the order I wrote the authors...Allston and Traviss' novels were amazing...Denning's first was...Alright, his second was pretty good...I've never bought the last book in the series...He utterly destroys all that Traviss had built up with the Mandalorians up to that point...And I think that's utterly rude...And, between the fact that they keep hiring him and James Luceno to write is the entire reason I've given up on Star Wars novels...At one point, I would buy a new novel pretty much without knowing the title, though knowing I would enjoy it...

Um...I did have a point once...Oh yes, I'm 100% convinced that you'd enjoy Traviss' version more...Simply because it's far better...The novelisation of The Clone Wars film is amazing, manages to flesh the film out until it has a proper story!...
mALX

Can't stand it, every time I see the name this comes out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsryQOMcDy4

Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2013, 10:08 PM) *

Can't stand it, every time I see the name this comes out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsryQOMcDy4

Dancing with the Twi'leks XD
McBadgere
We all went to see Wreck It Ralph this morning...

Excellent film!!...Seeing all the game cameos was fun...

I love Q-bert!!... biggrin.gif ...Awwwww...
SubRosa
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 11:02 PM) *

But, again...George made the films for kids in the first place...I'm not sure why everyone assumes differently...

This is true, not just of the second trilogy, but the first as well (does anyone remember Ewoks?).

QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 8 2013, 11:02 PM) *

There was this amazing sequence of books where one of Han and Leia's twins went to the dark side and proclaimed himself Emperor - steady DE!! - it was a triple hander written by Aaron Allston, Traviss and Troy Denning...Nine books (not the ones I was on about) written in the order I wrote the authors...Allston and Traviss' novels were amazing...Denning's first was...Alright, his second was pretty good...I've never bought the last book in the series...He utterly destroys all that Traviss had built up with the Mandalorians up to that point...And I think that's utterly rude...And, between the fact that they keep hiring him and James Luceno to write is the entire reason I've given up on Star Wars novels...At one point, I would buy a new novel pretty much without knowing the title, though knowing I would enjoy it...

Um...I did have a point once...Oh yes, I'm 100% convinced that you'd enjoy Traviss' version more...Simply because it's far better...The novelisation of The Clone Wars film is amazing, manages to flesh the film out until it has a proper story!...

It does sound interesting, and quite a massive undertaking! I stopped reading the Star Wars books a long time ago though. I think my last one was the X-Wing Squadron series with Wedge and Corran Harn.Eventually I just got tired of it, and wanted to read something else. I never have time for much reading anymore, between work and trying to write and trying (and failing) to keep up with the things others write here. I am still trying to finish Thomas Fleming's Liberty, about the American Revolution, which I started two or three months ago.
McBadgere
Personally speaking, while I will admit that it's as unlikely as a Jar Jar solo film ( tongue.gif ), my vague hope is for an X-Wing film with Wedge/Corran etc...Hell, if everyone else can dream etc... biggrin.gif ...

Aaaamywho...

We just watched Captain America...Damned fine film...I loved it!!...Possibly my fave of the pre-Avengers films...*Applauds*...
Kiln
Star Wars should never have been handed over to Disney. They plan to release one every few years now more or less indefinitely.

Basically, they're going to make Star Wars movies until they quit selling. Which means expect the Star Wars saga to be saturated with ridiculous half baked sequels to the point that nobody wants to watch them anymore.
McBadgere
That's what I'm worried about...

While they were in George's hands we were always going to be wanting more, simply because of his reluctance to do more...

Now though, it's going to be churning them out...

IF they're good...Yay!!...If they're just alright though...*Sigh*...
Elisabeth Hollow
QUOTE(McBadgere @ Feb 9 2013, 03:35 PM) *

Personally speaking, while I will admit that it's as unlikely as a Jar Jar solo film ( tongue.gif ), my vague hope is for an X-Wing film with Wedge/Corran etc...Hell, if everyone else can dream etc... biggrin.gif ...

Aaaamywho...

We just watched Captain America...Damned fine film...I loved it!!...Possibly my fave of the pre-Avengers films...*Applauds*...

UNF, Captain America...

Whew. Lemma calm down for a sec... XD

-fans self-

I've always been a huge fan of underdogs. Someone who has stood up for himself and others even when they know they can't win. it's just...amazing. And I find it extremely attractive. It helps that Chris Evans played CA though lol
McBadgere
It's a busy weekend for films this one...Robert's eyes may be a little squarer...

Today we went to see the zombie romance flick, Warm Bodies...Which was a lot better than I was expecting...I actually really enjoyed it...

Not overly one thing or the other, but was funny enough, scary enough (the Bonies are pretty menacing)...Sweet enough...Nah, pretty good film really... smile.gif ...
McBadgere
We went to see "This Is 40" which I wasn't entirely sold on, but then turned out to be one of the funniest things I've seen...For many reasons...

Not least because that's my next one up... biggrin.gif ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.