Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screenshot Problem
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Art
Olen
I've been trying to take screenshots in Oblivion and failing and wondered if anyone knows how to solve the problem with anything short of a reinstall.

I've set bAllowScreenShot=1 and sScreenshotBaseName to something sensible (OBscreenshot so I can search for them) in Oblivion.ini but nothing happens when I press 'print screen' during gameplay and the screenshot is not created (I've looked in the oblivion folder and tried seaching).

I'm using vista but oblivion runs of a seperate physical drive from windows so UAC should leave it alone (and running as an administrator doesn't help anyway).

Am I missing something?
SubRosa
I have never tried using Oblivion's built in screenshot capability. Instead I use FRAPS for all my games.
treydog
According to some reading I did around the Net, having anti-aliasing enabled will mean Print Screen does not work.

Don't know first hand- I am at work- and I do not have Oblivion installed on my current home computer.

However, same source says running FRAPS in the background and using it for screenies WILL work.
Olen
It won't be the antialising doing it because I don't bother with it, with a bit of tweaking and a higher screen res I think it looks better and runs cleaner.

FRAPS is an option though not ideal - somewhere in my oblivion or it's mods there's a fairly bad memory leak (ie a crash (sometimes total) after 40 minutes with 2048MB of very fast RAM) so any other programs in background mean I have to restart more often, but that's a whloe other kettle of fish (and one I just can't be bothered fixing).

Still I suppose it's better than nothing.
Acadian
I'm not very good with that stuff, but I run vista and take screenies ok in game. Here is the resource I used to get me going:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topi...ost__p__5216396

It also addresses the anti-aliasing thing treydog mentioned. Hopefully, it might include a gem or two that will get you going. smile.gif
Olen
I found the problem, a previous version hadn't uninstalled properly so there were multiple versions of various files (including oblivion.ini), killing all but one set seems to have solved things.

I have also installed fraps so one way or another I can make screenies (and even compare them).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.