Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An idea i've had...
Chorrol.com > Elder Scrolls Games > Oblivion
Rihanae
I'm not sure whether this belongs here, but I don't know where else to put it.

I was wondering how I would go about creating a thread where characters talk to characters rather than real life people, such as Lissa talking to Helena rather than myself talking to Count Lauriel, if you understand me.

But if there already IS something like this, could someone point me in its direction?
Thanks smile.gif
Thomas Kaira
You could probably put it in the Fan-Fiction forum, since they are the characters we are seeing in our writing. wink.gif
mALX
If you would be writing the parts for both Lissa and the other person/character - you would def have to get the other's permission to use their likeness or character's likeness first. For instance, I have Foxy in my story as the head of an assassin organization - but I have to send him each script and get his approval on each, let him edit or write his role, etc.

There is plenty of crossovers done between this group of writers, we did a lot of it at the BGSF too - it is just important to ask beforehand and let them approve what you have or write their parts themselves.

Not sure if this will help, but there is also the RP'ing section - if the other person is going to write their own role anyway, that is already set up for it. I haven't joined the one in progress because it is liches and necromancers - not my character's forte, lol.
Thomas Kaira
QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 12 2011, 02:58 PM) *

If you would be writing the parts for both Lissa and the other person/character - you would def have to get the other's permission to use their likeness or character's likeness first. For instance, I have Foxy in my story as the head of an assassin organization - but I have to send him each script and get his approval on each, let him edit or write his role, etc.

There is plenty of crossovers done between this group of writers, we did a lot of it at the BGSF too - it is just important to ask beforehand and let them approve what you have or write their parts themselves.

Not sure if this will help, but there is also the RP'ing section - if the other person is going to write their own role anyway, that is already set up for it. I haven't joined the one in progress because it is liches and necromancers - not my character's forte, lol.

This was a minor stumbling block for me when I was getting my foot in the door, IIRC. Now, even if it is just a little tiny single sentence reference, the character's author gets a PM. My latest was essentially my repentance for that rookie mistake.

However, I think Rihanae is just talking about just discussing certain things in character (like, you are now Maxical responding to something Rihanae as Lissa said). Something along those lines. Basically, like the Coffee Shop thread, but with acting.
SubRosa
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 12 2011, 05:04 PM) *

However, I think Rihanae is just talking about just discussing certain things in character (like, you are now Maxical responding to something Rihanae as Lissa said). Something along those lines. Basically, like the Coffee Shop thread, but with acting.

For example, Teresa might start by saying:

What do people put in their hair? I used to just use vanilla, but now I just use that for a body wash. For my hair I create a gel from lavender, chamomile, and apricots. I have heard some people use bergamot. How does that smell?

Speaking of smells, nothing smells quite as nice as a well-cooked meal. My guild commander has been teaching me to cook. Last night we made stuffed cabbage. I think I would like to learn to make clam chowder next, but I hear there are two kinds: Rumare, and Niben. Which should I try first?
mALX

QUOTE(mALX @ Mar 12 2011, 02:58 PM) *

This was a minor stumbling block for me when I was getting my foot in the door, IIRC. Now, even if it is just a little tiny single sentence reference, the character's author gets a PM. My latest was essentially my repentance for that rookie mistake.

Sorry, I have never done one of the forum RPG's ... I thought that is how they worked.

Well, then there is Buffy's Potpourri - Buffy is more than willing to just chit-chat or talk to the other characters, or answer questions they have. Have Lissa go to the Fan Fiction page and look up at the topmost section for "Buffy's Potpourri"
mALX
QUOTE(SubRosa @ Mar 12 2011, 05:13 PM) *

For example, Teresa might start by saying:

What do people put in their hair? I used to just use vanilla, but now I just use that for a body wash. For my hair I create a gel from lavender, chamomile, and apricots. I have heard some people use bergamot. How does that smell?

Speaking of smells, nothing smells quite as nice as a well-cooked meal. My guild commander has been teaching me to cook. Last night we made stuffed cabbage. I think I would like to learn to make clam chowder next, but I hear there are two kinds: Rumare, and Niben. Which should I try first?

Maxical

IPB Image

** I'll bet your hair smells great, Teresa...but I'll bet after eating that stuffed cabbage the barracks didn't! You don't have to sleep in them, do you?

Rihanae
Lissa has made it to Buffy's Potpourii. Thanks guys smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.