Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TK's screenshot album
Chorrol.com > Chorrol.com Forums > Fan Art
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Thomas Kaira
Link to the full album.

It's not very full, yet, but I will be adding to it as time goes by.

To kick things off, here's an interesting shot:

IPB Image

Can anyone guess where it came from?
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 28 2011, 12:08 PM) *

Link to the full album.

It's not very full, yet, but I will be adding to it as time goes by.

To kick things off, here's an interesting shot:

IPB Image

Can anyone guess where it came from?

Nehrim!!! Did you just load it up? I hope you keep up an album of it like Victoria did !!!! Awesome screenie !!!
King Coin
That's it, I'm DLing Nehrim when I get the chance.
Thomas Kaira
@mALX: I've had it on my PC for quite some time, but I've been a bit busy with modding Oblivion over the past several months to play it. Now I've finally decided to boot it up again, and I'm loving every second of it! I've also lightly modded it at this point, as well. Nothing major, just a few replacers and a tiny combat tweaker (so that combat doesn't take 'til my next birthday to finish).

@King Coin: Please do, you will not regret it!

Now, some screenshots of Oblivion I've had on the backburners for a while...

Album update (click to enlarge):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
King Coin
That pic of Frostcrag in the distance is awesome. I'd like to see more of the towns. Ranger's Guild? does that have a questline?
Acadian
Lovely scenery, TK! goodjob.gif
Thomas Kaira
@King Coin: No, the Rangers Guild is just a new addition from Better Cities. I don't think it exists for anything other than making Chorrol look pretty.

@Acadian: Thanks.

The latest (click to enlarge):

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
SubRosa
The mist off the water in that top pic is breath-taking.

Castle Skingrad certainly looks ominous. You would think a vampire lived there! biggrin.gif

That last pic of Bravil is certainly not the same down-on-its-luck, but charmingly rustic city that Buffy and Teresa know and love! It looks like necromancers took it over. blink.gif
Acadian
Yes, when you said your Bravil was a dark and ominous place, you weren't fooling around! Teresa, Buffy and friends will have to move from their little town nestled in the forest and river to Chorrol or Pells Gate now! Just kidding - wonderful screenies!
King Coin
Those are very impressive.
mALX
GAAAAH!!! I love that Bravil mod! Having "Welcome to Bravil" painted on the wall like that - that sets the stage for what you'll find inside too !! AWESOME !!!

I agree with SubRosa on that Skingrad Castle screen too - with the stormy looking sky over it - that was great !!!
Thomas Kaira
I've got a new project!

Take a gander!
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Apr 16 2011, 05:16 PM) *

I've got a new project!

Take a gander!

Is it your own forum? GAAAH !!!
King Coin
That fort can use a wall. Other than that looking good!
Thomas Kaira
QUOTE(King Coin @ Apr 16 2011, 06:07 PM) *

That fort can use a wall. Other than that looking good!

That fort is from another mod. Not my domain to do that, unfortunately. sad.gif

And no, that is not my forum. It is a forum dedicated to the practice of modding this fantastic game we play. smile.gif
King Coin
Looks like a Dark Elf. Nice screens! Bows are very popular in these parts. Probably because they are so much fun in game.
Thomas Kaira
I was debating myself over the armor exchange, but in the end, I tried the Mithril armor on, and I liked the way it looked on her so much that I decided to keep it.

The hair is from the cosmetics package that came with Race Balancing Project.

The clothes have been retextured by Mike's Clothes Replacer.

The bow is added by Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, and the arrows have been altered to have longer shafts by Arrow Replacement Pack (with versions for other mods available here).
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ May 27 2011, 10:41 PM) *

GAAAH! Where is Dere?
Thomas Kaira
Another brilliant sunset in a city well renowned for them.
King Coin
nice pic. I always enjoy a good scenery shot.
Thomas Kaira
A sunny beach.

Perhaps there be buried treasure 'round here? Or perhaps a certain blondie would enjoy a swim?

Anyways, an excellent view if Garlas Malatar to the left and Stirk to the right.

For those wondering, Stirk is part of the lore, and it does belong to Cyrodiil (although Hammerfell disputes this ownership claim). If you are doubtful, take a look at the map here. See that small island just off the Gold Coast? That is Stirk.

By the way, even though Stirk was not included in Oblivion, I don't fault Bethesda for that. It's a pretty tiny island. But nonetheless, it feels good to have it.
Grits
I love these Gold Coast shots, TK! smile.gif
King Coin
lol mudcrab
Acadian
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jun 14 2011, 01:52 AM) *

A sunny beach.

Perhaps there be buried treasure 'round here? Or perhaps a certain blondie would enjoy a swim?

Anyways, an excellent view if Garlas Malatar to the left and Stirk to the right.

For those wondering, Stirk is part of the lore, and it does belong to Cyrodiil (although Hammerfell disputes this ownership claim). If you are doubtful, take a look at the map here. See that small island just off the Gold Coast? That is Stirk.

By the way, even though Stirk was not included in Oblivion, I don't fault Bethesda for that. It's a pretty tiny island. But nonetheless, it feels good to have it.

Lol! I looked really closely and I think I can see a few bits of clothes and some little elven footprints leading into the water. biggrin.gif

Lovely screenie here on the beach and a great sunset from Anvil earlier as well!
Thomas Kaira
It is time to celebrate a momentous occasion.

Oblivion has returned to my PC. It is exactly as I left it. All mods remain, all saved data remains, everything.

Essentially, my game is exactly as I left it when my previous PC died. Absolutely no progress has been lost.

And let me tell you, there has been a substantial INCREASE in performance, as well. Oblivion is performing so well on this new build that I was floored. But really, I'm far too excited to enjoy it right now, not to mention I still have a few things left to do on this PC to get it fully functional.

But it sure is good to have this old friend back. biggrin.gif
King Coin
Hey it looks nice. I see the wizard's tower, but what's the other one?
Thomas Kaira
The River Larsius
King Coin
I love the ruined bridge.
Grits
And that waterfall! Beautiful.
Acadian
Yes, nice screen! 'Course anything with a waterfall gets our attention! biggrin.gif
Grits
QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 3 2011, 08:45 PM) *

Yes, nice screen! 'Course anything with a waterfall gets our attention! biggrin.gif

I found myself squinting, searching for the wood elves! tongue.gif
Thomas Kaira
By the way...

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jul 3 2011, 05:35 AM) *

Hey it looks nice. I see the wizard's tower, but what's the other one?

That other tower is the Skyrim Border Outpost added by the mod Fort Akatosh Redux.

This is a mod that I actually think Rider might want to check out, as it allows for you to actually join the Imperial Legion. Me? It's mostly there for backdrop purposes. It serves as the Cyrodiil Legion headquarters in my game, with stationing at the various border forts as well as the special forts build in the old style added by ImpeREAL Forts. This gives the Legion a pretty good presence, but still allows one to entertain the notion of the Oblivion Crisis stretching them to the brink (which this is a fair example of an engine limitation actually ADDING to the atmosphere).

The Imperial City is a special case, though, with its own dedicated Century based in the Prison District. This effectively means there are two armies in Cyrodiil: The Cyrodiil Legion and the City Century. One is devoted to the province as a whole, and the other is strictly dedicated to the capital city. The City Century is comprised of the best the Cyrodiil Legion has to offer, as they are fitted with polished, well cared for armor and are well fed, groomed, and looked after so to give the impression of an impeccable order of soldiers. But you must be awarded a position in the City Century, first. You cannot just sign up to be a guardsman of the capital city. Only the most distinguished soldiers get that high honor, and only the most distinguished and decorated officers are given Palace duty. You may sign up for the Legion in the city, of course, but your first stop on that road will be boot camp at Fort Akatosh. Then you will realize that the City Century serves a purpose of propaganda as well as defense.

The Blades serve as the equivalent of the Praetorian Guard, as defined in the lore.
King Coin
I'm going to keep an eye on that one. Tracked File.
Thomas Kaira
Okay, Buffy, your horsie may be faster than mine...

But mine will always be the better acrobat.

tongue.gif
Acadian
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jul 5 2011, 10:14 PM) *

tongue.gif

rollinglaugh.gif That is priceless! biggrin.gif And that Slof mod is so wonderful!

Hee! Buffy's horse is so fast that. . . Screenshot

Thomas Kaira
Lookie here! Smooth water transitions!

Half the screen is above water, half the screen is underwater.
King Coin
Even with your caption it took me a moment to realize what was happening there. It first it just looked like really a really dark colored and smooth lake.

Nice to see the water showing properly in your game.
Thomas Kaira
It's showing better than proper. The underwater fogging is no longer dependent on the game's fog shader.

Previously, going underwater simply prompted the game to move its fog effect in really close, resulting in a jarring transition and the ability to see clearly underwater in certain positions.

No longer. Now it feels natural to go for a swim.

All thanks to OBGE Liquid Water.
Thomas Kaira
Noon on the Niben
King Coin
Very pretty. I should post some of my recent screens in my thread.
Thomas Kaira
Morning Breeze

Hammerfell Pass
King Coin
Is that light streaming through the trees? What mod does that?
Thomas Kaira
Oblivion Graphics Extender

It powers the new water, as well. Now that v3 has been released, OBGE is now capable of hooking and replacing the game's default shaders, as well as adding in new post-processing effects. This has allowed for every last one of Liquid Water's limitations and issues to be fixed.

Which means that every single other water mod out there now is now obsolete.
King Coin
Oh I need to update then. I have an older version of OBGE.
Acadian
Nice water, scenery and sun effects, TK. smile.gif
Grits
Wow, these look great! I love the water.
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jul 3 2011, 01:30 AM) *

It is time to celebrate a momentous occasion.

Oblivion has returned to my PC. It is exactly as I left it. All mods remain, all saved data remains, everything.

Essentially, my game is exactly as I left it when my previous PC died. Absolutely no progress has been lost.

And let me tell you, there has been a substantial INCREASE in performance, as well. Oblivion is performing so well on this new build that I was floored. But really, I'm far too excited to enjoy it right now, not to mention I still have a few things left to do on this PC to get it fully functional.

But it sure is good to have this old friend back. biggrin.gif

AWESOME NEWS !!! I think I will send you my [censored] HP PC to fix !!! Lol, just kidding. (not, lol).

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jul 6 2011, 01:14 AM) *

tongue.gif

SPEW !!! ROFL !!!!!
mALX
QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Jul 11 2011, 02:32 PM) *

GAAAAAH !!!!! DETAILS !!! MORE INFO !!!!
Thomas Kaira
Scenery is from Unique Landscapes: Cloudtop Mountains. The distant visuals are vanilla (with the angle carefully chosen to hide seams in the landscape mesh) with high-res (2048 X 2048) LOD Landscape textures from the Vibrant Texture pack, uncompressed normal maps (1024 X 1024), and a replacement noise filter effect.

Texture pack is Vibrant Textures to give the game a bit more color. They are the same resolution as the vanilla textures, too, so you can use them with no performance impact.

Water is from OBGE: Liquid Water. (Requires Oblivion Graphics Extender)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.